2012 CA, Ishan, Boom or MB?

EaglesCC

Debutant
Runs
Salaam All,

New to the forum and really loving everything I see so far... So i'm hopeful that you'll be able to help...

My parents are going to Pakistan soon and I was hoping to get some new equipment.

I can’t seem to find any pics of the 2012 equipment for CA, Ishan, Boom or MB?

I’m quite picky when it comes to softs as well so wan’t to make sure I can point my parents in the right direction as to what to get and what not to get. Can someone help me out please?

Last edited:
Walakiumasalam Eagle :)

Welcome to forum mate, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ihsan I am not sure if they will have a 2012 gear because for past few years they have sticked with same stuff.

CA usually come out with new stuff but I don't think it is same day as English gears, like the TRD gloves and pads were announced and came on there website mid-way through 2011 year.

MB Malik, they don't have a proper website which is updated every now and then.

Boom Boom since the production has shifted to India I don't think they are available to Pakistani market really. I remember when Boom Boom made its debut in 2010 there softs, bats etc were made by Ihsan and they were available in Pakistan. However, the 2011 range was no where seen in Pakistan, however, you can buy it on PakPassion as we are authorized seller of them.

I have pretty much tried all of Pakistan brands softs [talking about top of the line ones here only] and to be honest the pads and gloves I came across are MB Malik Bubber Sher softs, amazing pads and gloves too!

Here is my review for them;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=109998&highlight=Bubber+Sher

I am very soft gear guy honestly and I have tried/own nearly all of worlds company softs (except few like Newbery top of the line, Salix top of the line, M&H etc). So believe me or not these MB Malik softs are quality to be honest, they are very very good.

They are easily comparable with the best ones out there really, I have never seen any Pakistani company produce so good softs seriously speaking.

The only downside of the gloves is that the velcro strap is not great as it doesn't stick much, then the size is somewhat tight as it is Asian mens.

The pads are superb they are light and mould very well around your leg.

If you don't mind me asking where in Pakistan are your parents going? Or will they buy stuff from Sailkot directly?

Let me know if you have anymore question(s)

Actually wait I am somewhat wrong, the pads Misbah is wearing in this picture are latest CA pads too!;

127446.jpg

And these pads seem to be new too!

[UTUBE]DarnCebSPdI[/UTUBE]

I have older CA 12000 Plus pads the protection is one of the best but I found them little bit too bulky but that could be because they didn't have knee roll, wrap didn't that well etc however the one Misbah is wearing are good have seen them in flesh in Lahore and they look nice.

This is when he was with CA, when he was with CA he wore GM ones in test matches.

But recently he has been wearing GM in both test and ODIs.

Cover Drive, thanks for your input and recommendations!

Do you know what it's really frustrating for me is that Pakistani manufacturers don’t put more effort into marketing and market research. CA have always made good bats but only recently have received international recognition. For such big companies it’s shocking that they don’t even have functioning websites.

Unfortunately India is ahead of Pakistan on this too... anyway...

I hear what you’re saying about the Bubber Sher stuff and as much as I really like the bat and gloves, I am a traditionalist when it comes to pads. I want them to be light and functional but I prefer the cane look, if nothing else. Before my parents made plans to go Pakistan I was swaying towards buying SS Gladiator pads – but only because the test opener are discontinued.

The other down side, as you’ve mentioned is it’s small mens equipment which is ok for gloves as they do then to stretch a bit but I don’t like tight fitting pads.

My parents will be in Islamabad and Jhelum mainly but one of my uncles will probably go to Sailkot for me. I would dearly love to go there myself as I would have everything custom made, and I mean everything. Lol – Why do you ask?

Since I won’t be there myself I’ll probably ask them to get me T.R.D pads and gloves but yet to decide on a bat. I’ve not idea what the difference is between the different plus ranges, is it the grade of the willow as CA always seems to go for very similar if not the same profile.

Cover Drive, thanks for your input and recommendations!

Do you know what it's really frustrating for me is that Pakistani manufacturers don’t put more effort into marketing and market research. CA have always made good bats but only recently have received international recognition. For such big companies it’s shocking that they don’t even have functioning websites.

Unfortunately India is ahead of Pakistan on this too... anyway...

I hear what you’re saying about the Bubber Sher stuff and as much as I really like the bat and gloves, I am a traditionalist when it comes to pads. I want them to be light and functional but I prefer the cane look, if nothing else. Before my parents made plans to go Pakistan I was swaying towards buying SS Gladiator pads – but only because the test opener are discontinued.

The other down side, as you’ve mentioned is it’s small mens equipment which is ok for gloves as they do then to stretch a bit but I don’t like tight fitting pads.

My parents will be in Islamabad and Jhelum mainly but one of my uncles will probably go to Sailkot for me. I would dearly love to go there myself as I would have everything custom made, and I mean everything. Lol – Why do you ask?

Since I won’t be there myself I’ll probably ask them to get me T.R.D pads and gloves but yet to decide on a bat. I’ve not idea what the difference is between the different plus ranges, is it the grade of the willow as CA always seems to go for very similar if not the same profile.

No worries bro!

I agree with you, Pakistani companies are not too update with their website and they are really not too strong at marketing front. However, CA and Ihsan are the ones who seem to have the best website really. You won't even find MB's website even if you do it will be quite outdated.

Anyways, I agree with you on the sizes but I haven't noticed different in Pakistan Mens pads and English mens pads so I haven't seen tight fitting in them. If you are interested I can take picture of my Pakistani and English pads length and show the difference in pictures for you. So the pads really don't have tight fitting really.

I was curios to know which shop you will go to and shop because you don't find big retailers like UT Sports, Millet Sports etc throughout Pakistan.

Yes, the difference in CA Plus range is of grade willow and some has shape difference too!

Not sure but have you seen Ihsan Lynx X1, MB Le etc?

I must have really fat legs... lol. Actually, I do, I have rugby player legs and that may be why.

I don't know much about MB bats (never owned one). Is the LE the Bubber Sher? One of my team mates has one of those and it's very meaty.

I myself use an Ishan Inferno. But I'm just as interested in the Pads and Gloves. I think CA wins because of that. I like the T.R.B range most out of the Pakistani brands.

Although I know there is a Younis Khan bat so wonder if they'll do a YK range?

CD, why did BoomBoom move their production from Ihsan to SS? You got to know the technical or any inside story behind it

EagleeCC,

No the top of the line bat from MB is MB Malik Limited Edition, second best is MB Malik Bubber Sher followed by Sher Amin, Sarfi and so on.

Hmm if you see the new CA pads on CAs website aren't those the one Younis Khan is wearing whereas Dilshan is wearing CA Plus 12000 one no?

Bouncer Bhai, from what I heard couple of days ago is that not all of Boom Boom production was moved to SS, Ihsan still make most of the bats too! SS is a better maker of softs so that could be the prime reason behind it I'd say

CD, If I'm honest I just know enough about makes other than CA, Ishan, MB. Not to say I'm not keen on them...

But at the moment it's looking like it might be a CA YK313 or MB LE. swaying towards the CA softs...

Ah okay no worries make sense.

I must say you have summarized very good bats, with whichever you opt out for I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The only concern I had in CA gloves was velcro strap rest is perfectly fine.

CA, MB are best bats from Pakistan. CA is the best but i perfer MB since for some reason i only score with MB and MONTY bats

CA, MB are best bats from Pakistan. CA is the best but i perfer MB since for some reason i only score with MB and MONTY bats

These are really good bats, monty owner was asked by sachin to make a 1000 bats for him and he would fly him over to Mumbai with all the materials, he rejected it hehe :afridi

Back