2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

ha ha ha ha

anyone get bouchers chirp ?

"the one hand one bounce king batting here boys"

Trouble is we are already playing with the loss of 1 batman. So technically even before starting the match we are 0/1. This is psychlogically defeating and will be harder then most think. Key is the openers need to strike in the worst way.

Nel is taking the new ball- Good ---Pollock would have been more dangerous here tonight- Ntini will obviously bowl from the other end

No matter what happens, we are going to see a lot of Nel's mouth during Pak innings.

cricketfan1 said:
Trouble is we are already playing with the loss of 1 batman. So technically even before starting the match we are 0/1. This is psychlogically defeating and will be harder then most think. Key is the openers need to strike in the worst way.

which batsman is that?

I'm hoping the 0-2 scenario that follows our openers about doesnt happen!

cricketfan1 said:

Aww ComeOn man if the 3 bowlers could do it , why can't 6 batsmen do it for us-- no need for tail-enders I hope :19:

anyone see the guy with no shirt .. holding the cup.. he had a Bangladesh flag painted on his chest.. he looked so tipsy....

Shoaib will probably come in and smash it around like he did at 'Pindi against India when he got "injured".

FANTASTIC, SUPERLATIVE, MAGNIFICENT, BRILLIANT leave by Hafeez. What a legend. :19:

I say the Bandana brothers both stay till stumps tonight and we go for it tomorrow with a flourish- going into a shell would put pressure on the batsmen

Rob H said:
Shoaib will probably come in and smash it around like he did at 'Pindi against India when he got "injured".
He won't need to bat. :19:

DotCom said:
anyone see the guy with no shirt .. holding the cup.. he had a Bangladesh flag painted on his chest.. he looked so tipsy....

Yeah that was Hash celebrating the fall of Shoaib Akther's wicket!

....they are clueless against Ntini here..I back him to pick up a quick few......need to as the pitch is flat with the old ball...

No confirmation yet as to when the close of play will be tonight- overs remaining are 4 but seems that we have some time and the sun is shining!!

shan said:
i am expecting nothing less then 10 wicket victory for pakistan

And I am expecting nothing less than winning the lottery this week!

TheSaint said:
No confirmation yet as to when the close of play will be tonight- overs remaining are 4 but seems that we have some time and the sun is shining!!

even better, let new ball loss all the shine :D

Yea not too many runs will be made. Just leave the ball, and open the account tomorw.

Of focurse a few fours and singles would be nice.

With Kaneria bowling for most of the day - it could happen that we get more then 90 overs in a day

Pakistan have had a tiring day at the field today they need to come back recuperated tommorow with all of their wickets in hand.. the sooner the better for us to wind the day.

What was Pakistan's over rate? It must have been pretty good.

Hafeez is doing his best to get himself out.

Dont know why he is playing at those deliveries.

Hafeez looks very nervous out there. Got wrapped on the hand there.

Stick it out Hafeez.

The commentary team discussing the Indian match today- it was a good one- Ganguly , Gambhir, Dhoni and Dravid all getting good scores and then Chaderpaul scoring a big century- but here the focus is to survive the new ball tonight and go for it tomorrow InshaAllah

I know in my own mind I want them to score runs, but really, they need to preserve their wickets. But Hafeez might as well go for it as he looks hes gonna go any moment now.

3/0

Nel stupidly throws the ball at Farhat who was well in his crease.

what is with bowler throwing at the batsman. Umpires don't even say anything to them. the throw was closer to hitting Farhat than the stumps

usman917 said:
Farhat's butt does something his bat can't.

And Butt still plays his role in the team even though he is not present :p

5.5 Ntini to Farhat, no run, fuller length delivery outside the off stump, Farhat comes on the frontfoot lifts his bat and lets it go

Thats the end of play. 8 for 0

Pak need another 183 to win.

5.6 Ntini to Farhat, no run, fuller length delivery outside the off stump, angling away from the left hander, Farhat comes on the frontfoot lifts his bat and lets it go

dude dont turn Ntini into a Mcgrath. He is good but he is not great that we have to survive him. You are making it sound like we have asif taking two balls from Mcgrath.

Seems to be a good start from Pakistan- solid and bowling although quick did not look too threatning-- this is worth a 50 run start in usual circumstances

Well at least there was no damage done. We should begin strongly tomorrow. I am hoping for a 50 opening partnership, but I am guessing 25-30 will be very useful. The key is in the middle order, and one of the big guns will have to stick and make a big 50.

Openers survived which was good - hopefully they can see off the new ball 2moro which will allow the middle order to score runs

I am a huge Hafeez fan he needs a big total for his confidence.. We are still not playing at full strength with SHoaib malik and Razzaq out. Does anyone know why Gul was not called for this match, even Rana is a better choice then Sami both with the bat and the ball.

cricketfan1 said:
dude dont turn Ntini into a Mcgrath. He is good but he is not great that we have to survive him. You are making it sound like we have asif taking two balls from Mcgrath.

he is awkward.

All our bowlers bowled well and fielders took nice catches - Akmal desperately needs to be rested- he has lost it completely. Time to see what Zulqarnain Haider can do- Kaneria and Sami need some respite and were unlucky( whats new - I hear).

immubhai said:
5.6 Ntini to Farhat, no run, fuller length delivery outside the off stump, angling away from the left hander, Farhat comes on the frontfoot lifts his bat and lets it go

ur signature is heartening .. welcome !

Back