2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

What's the condition of pitch, Is it playing good or there are any signs of break down?

This is going to be an excellent match, me thinks.

Wonderful ball from Sami.

I am just thinking, tomorrow is Day 4 not Day 5 so the pitch should be relatively easy to bat on.

arsal_pakfan said:
Its really getting anoyyed now!!..we need to pick up this last wicket before 180 or else i would put SAF as favourites!

What if SA get 181? would that make them favourites? is 1 run all it takes to make one a favourite?

Oxy said:
I would rather chase 200 than 199 - somethiong about low 100+ scores I dont like!
Haha. So what would you rather chase? 250 or 190?

Damn I hate it when our team chase these targets that are not too low but also not too high.

Geordie Ahmed said:
What if SA get 181? would that make them favourites? is 1 run all it takes to make one a favourite?

Now that is called thinking.

Pitch is true- no variable bounce no cracks- a belter really- just some bounce to counter- like a cemented one if you've ever played on one.

Oxy said:
I would rather chase 200 than 199 - somethiong about low 100+ scores I dont like!
What was wrong with the tone of the post ? I did not use any abusive language ..If you have any problem with me posting - I will be more than happy not to visit this forum again

come on ...you guys got 70 runs for your last wicket......take that away S.a would be 240 ahead.....hardly fair to moan about a couple of runs from our tail...

Amir said:
Damn I hate it when our team chase these targets that are not too low but also not too high.

thats when you miss the services of Lala who can give you a quick 35-45 and make the chase easy .. lol

Hafeez better come up with some strokes ...

Rob H said:
Haha. So what would you rather chase? 250 or 190?
My point is that I am not getting all 'slitty wrist' over a last wkt partnership that might add 40 odd runs!

If theres a wicket in the next over, 14 overs left. 3 taken out for innings change.

So Pak may have to bat 10 overs.

Though the way we are going, itll prolly be around 7-8

The tail-enders from both side have shown that with application you can score here - no panic-station yet!

CrickFan said:
What was wrong with the tone of the post ? I did not use any abusive language ..If you have any problem with me posting - I will be more than happy not to visit this forum again

Unprovoked use of 'chokers & jokers'?? Any excuse to get a sly dig. YOu are free not to post!

Lead is 175. Nel and Ntini continue to frustrate Pakistan

175-9

How hard is it really? I hope we can finish it before the drinks break!

saffer said:
come on ...you guys got 70 runs for your last wicket......take that away S.a would be 240 ahead.....hardly fair to moan about a couple of runs from our tail...

Its ok for our tail to score, but when yours does it is riddiculous! Thats why were called Pakpassion!

saffer said:
all in the spirit of the game mate

lol

TheSaint said:
The tail-enders from both side have shown that with application you can score here - no panic-station yet!
Clearly the tail have to make up for the shortcomings of the top order, so like you say, no panic-stations just yet!

13 overs left today after this one.

Minus 2 for the innings break.

in fairness....no matter what I think pakistan have this game wrapped up.....pitch is giood for batting...

CrickFan said:
Saffies have only 3 batsmen to worry about Inzy , younus and yousuf ..

Mod Edit - watch your tone cricfan.
What was wrong with the tone of the post ? Can someone tell me ?Does disagreeing with opinion of Moderator or criticizing the players qualify as offensive tone ? If that is the case - do let me know .

Superb yorker by Sami, nearly got him.

Drinks

Well in a way I guess its good for Pakistan, seeing as how they won't have to bat too much tonight. It would be dangerous if they had to bat like 10 overs. Prolyl will only bat 5 or 6 now.

Sami has bowled well with no luck as usual but deserves to stay in with Gul coming back for the next match for Shaoib- now i am fit- now i am not- Akhtar

if I were pakistani i would hope these 2 stay in without scoring much for another 10 overs....else its going to be an ugly 10 overs to bat this evening...

NAME O M R W E

Mohammad Asif 38 16 76 5 2.00 (2nb)
Mohammad Sami 27 5 80 1 2.96 (4nb)
Danish Kaneria 49 14 101 3 2.06

We only have one bowler to worry about.........Ntini. The rest we can handle fairly easily.

It's getting quite frusrating now, especially when you think you have done really well to win the game but now it doesn't look that easy.

Oxy said:
Unprovoked use of 'chokers & jokers'?? Any excuse to get a sly dig. YOu are free not to post!
I´ve seen posts 10 times worse than this one and no one acted against those...

The 10 overs left today are vital for SA in both ways- Kaneria bowling well again after drinks

I would still consider Pak as favourites. However, Considering Pak was 191/9 in first innings ...SA has a decent shot at it. I am not sure if Shoaib will come out to bat or not .. which might leave Pak to play with 9 wkts. Any news on the current state of his injury?

Somebody ought to check the Asif Younis partnership. Over the years it really might become something.

chuck said:
I would still consider Pak as favourites. However, Considering Pak was 191/9 in first innings ...SA has a decent shot at it. I am not sure if Shoaib will come out to bat or not .. which might leave Pak to play with 9 wkts. Any news on the current state of his injury?

He is out for 2 weeks. But I believe he can still bat.

Maybe we should avoid Ntini all together and especially his short balls.

We shouldn't bat too slow though, i think some quick runs from top order can reduce the pressure.

CrickFan said:
What was wrong with the tone of the post ? Can someone tell me ?Does disagreeing with opinion of Moderator or criticizing the players qualify as offensive tone ? If that is the case - do let me know .

mate, dont worry.. Some of the mods here dont really know how to control the power that's been granted to them !!

That was unlucky- Kaneria had him bowled with a googly- proverbial another coat of varnish here!!

Aaaaagh so unlucky Kaneria, just missed the bail by few mms

thurkeebaba said:
mate, dont worry.. Some of the mods here dont really know how to control the power that's been granted to them !!
Hope I don't get banned for agreeing with you.

Even the pacy yorkers from Sami arent' working. Theres only so much he can do.

South Africa are really struggling here as they have been throughout the test. Pakistan are firmly in control of this game. Great stuff from a brilliant Pakistan.

Last pair is doing a great job for SA .. they have eaten up 9 overs and added valuable 30 runs so far.

Kaneria to Ntini, no run, flattish delivery outside the off stump, spinning back, Ntini goes on the backfoot and misses it, ball misses the stumps by a whisker

Each innings in this match has bettered the previous one easily -124, 265 with bulk of the scoring from the lower order and now 320-9 with the same story - gives me hope to chase 200 and beyond

ha ha ha ha

sorry guys....just because i know this will irritate you. ...

shot Nel !!

:)))

:p

Hash said:
South Africa are really struggling here as they have been throughout the test. Pakistan are firmly in control of this game. Great stuff from a brilliant Pakistan.

You wouldnt guess from the above comments:) Please hang around and keep me company!

Oxy said:
You wouldnt guess from the above comments:) Please hang around and keep me company!

Just about to have a shower though.

OK I'll stay for a bit

Don't make Dani boi bowl 51. Bring in Asif. Maybe two pacers will do something.

arsal_pakfan said:
Its really getting anoyyed now!!..we need to pick up this last wicket before 180 or else i would put SAF as favourites!

Your target has been reached .. Lead is over 180 now.

Anything up to 250 and we will be favourites.

250+ and it will be interesting.

300+ and SA would be favourites.

The pitch is getting better for the batsman - keep the faith lads:)

Back