2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

Sami still trying-- lets see if he can get a wicket and maintain his very unflattering test bowling average

Zohaib said:
SA last pair fighting hard. Pak still well in control.
I wouldn't say they are well in control. Pak has some work to do now and it can go either way. I would still consider Pak as favourties. If SA lead crosses 200 then task would be much tougher. Last pair doing a great job for SA.

The yorkers not wroking, the bouncers not working, the probin isnt working...what can he do?

I guess bowlers are very much tired. that's why they are not able to get them out. Hafeez or Farhat should get a go now.

Nel highest test scores...Danish shouldn't have urged him on like that...

Pakistan definitely well and completely in control of this game. It has been a brilliant performance.

What the hell is happening. The lead is 190 now. I know he's bowled a lot but bring back Asif and have it all finished with.

well sami can't even get the tail .... nothing new for him .

There is nothing much bowlers can do though, all of them have bowled a lot and they have been let down by their keeper and umpires.

Last edited:
Hash said:
Pakistan definitely well and completely in control of this game. It has been a brilliant performance.
Controlling Nos 10 & 11 are you? :13:

Just been reading through the last two pages and some of the posts made me think that WE were the ones in trouble in this game. Sadly, for the wrist slitters we are in complete command.

Just need one wicket boys.

Cahlo bahi bohat ho gaya- ab its time for me to take a shower too-- have been up from 5am-- first the Ind-WI, NZ-Aus matches and then this since 0830- even I feel I need a break now!!
I suspect 200 is on the cards but I wouldn't worry too much - This is taking precious overs away tonight from SA

scores over 200 are never easy in tests....remember the pressure of the whole series will lie on this innings of pakistan.....

Oxy said:
Unprovoked use of 'chokers & jokers'?? Any excuse to get a sly dig. YOu are free not to post!
What a pathetic excuse for moral policing ..People have freely used abusive language and posted profanities and nothing has been done about it .. But someone who has never used abusive language is banned for using words like chokers and jokers just because my opinion is different from one Mr.Oxy .. What double standards ?? God bless you Mr. Oxy ..you can ban me .. If that makes you and your ego feel better .

I think we might end up chasing 200+ tomorrow. Nel and Ntini have played very valuable knocks

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Yasir takes the catch and pain is over.

gone Ntini hits one to deep cover. Pak need 191 to win.

I guess on the positive side, if the tail-enders can survive like this, the pitch should still be decent for batting.

On the negative side, the target is becoming an uncomfortable one.

kaneria gets his 4th... all over for saffies
Pak needs 191 to win ... . GAME ON

We need 190 to win, good catch by Hameed and well bowled Kaneria :D

Pain is officially over phew!!!!!!!!!!!

ok boys and girls....game on ....

If S.A get a wicket this evening ...S.a turn favourites....if pakistan can keep them all in tact....it's 60 -40 to Pakistan ...

5 wickets for Asif and 4 for Danish.

Backed up well by Sami.

Great effort from these 3 bowlers, they certainly have earned their match fees.

Over to the batsmen now.

There you go ladies - was hardly worth getting so worked up now!

Lets look at this:

6.4 overs remaining in the day, this translates into 4 overs left because of innings change.

We just have to keep the wickets there, and maybe like 5 runs.

Saj said:
5 wickets for Asif and 4 for Danish.

Backed up well by Sami.

Great effort from these 3 bowlers, they certainly have earned their match fees.

Over to the batsmen now.

I think Shoaibs role in the first innings cannot be ignored as well - wonder if we would have been in this position without his effort in the first innings ?

All the wrist slitters must have had collective heart failure when Ntini got out. Anyways, 191 to win.

Should be a fairly easy chase.

Man, i can feel for saffies... it was so frustrating to see SA's last wicket partnership... imagine what they would have gone thru when inzi and Asif added 72 for last wicket...

I think Pak are favorites but again... predicting Pakistan cricket is not the best thing i do

Bloody hell, about time that wicket fell. I'm still wary of this Saffie bowling attack (especially Ntini), this will definetly be a tricky total to chase - you just never know with Pak batsmen!

Shouldn't have too many dramas chasing this....good effort by Pak bowlers!

191 to win.

Now this really should not be difficult. I know we are Pakistan and we have a tendency of putting ourselves through a 'Pakistan special' every now and then but now really is not the time for such a collapse to take place.

We have Inzi, Younis and Yousuf. All we need is one of them to bat the innings and we will win. 191 is a small target requiring just a couple of partnerships in the entire innings.

Come on Pakistan. We have a fantastic opportunity here.

Easa said:
All the wrist slitters must have had collective heart failure when Ntini got out. Anyways, 191 to win.

Should be a fairly easy chase.

Easa Mian !!! Words Easy and Pakistan are incompatible !

Inshallah, Khair hogee !

ggm said:
I guess on the positive side, if the tail-enders can survive like this, the pitch should still be decent for batting.

On the negative side, the target is becoming an uncomfortable one.

Exactly!!!! I think our openers should bat aggressively (doesn't mean they should be slogging) because it reduces the pressure.

MIG said:
Easa Mian !!! Words Easy and Pakistan are incompatible !

Inshallah, Khair hogee !

Definitely! Pakistan batting line-up is prone to spectacular collapses and with the bowling attack they are facing now, you never know if even 191 is a chaseable target!

South Africa chased 200 last game. Don't see why Parkistarn carn't do the same.

Last edited:
Sami has 105-2 in the match but he bowled really well at times and should get another chance even with Gul back for the next match as he can make his way in for Akhtar while Rana is woefully out of sorts and Nazir has been ok but not as threatning as Sami at times here-On a side note I would have liked Anwar Ali blooded in the series though as he has developed an away swinger and has put-on a bit of muscle as well- one to keep an eye on I think

6 overs left in the day.

Light roller being used rather than the heavy one.

191 feels pretty safe with inzi´s last innings and Mohammad yousuf´s recent form. Younis is also in good form...

It's an interesting target. Pakistan is favourite at the stage but couple of early wickets and you never know. Let's see what unfolds in first 20/30 overs.

hmmm...S.A are generally great in the this situation....they love it ....lose one wicket tonight and that 190 is going to look like 400 .....

191 not bad.. considering we are going to chase it late in day 3 and not day 4.

2 days to score these runs at around 1 run a over.

Last edited:
guys we have done it... series is 1-1 hopefully we can win series now.

Hash said:
confirmed

Shoaib Akhtar and Imran Farhat to open

Really? That's surprising as I would have expected normal two to come out despite the fact its only for a few overs!

TheSaint said:
Sami has 105-2 in the match but he bowled really well at times and should get another chance even with Gul back for the next match as he can make his way in for Akhtar while Rana is woefully out of sorts and Nazir has been ok but not as threatning as Sami at times here-On a side note I would have liked Anwar Ali blooded in the series though as he has developed an away swinger and has put-on a bit of muscle as well- one to keep an eye on I think

He almost lost it in the spell before lunch but came back and bowled well and maintained pressure at good pace, a robust well bowled to Sami.

Hafeez shows promise but throws it away every time- Farhat is just plainly reckless at times- so expect a hit-miss 4 overs tonight

Usman said:
Really? That's surprising as I would have expected normal two to come out despite the fact its only for a few overs!

but inzy is to smart :p

Back