3rd ODI: England v Pakistan (Eng innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shot by Read for FOUR

Pakistan in a little trouble now. Chasing more than 250 will be difficult under lights

What did Inzi have for breakfast this morning? That's four times i've seen him diving in this match!

Told you Lewis could bat...

is this the Pakistan team in the field or Pak veterans, as they are fielding like over 40s

Ugh FOur MORE runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But its ok, no matter, its an easy target

last ball 271 for 9.

Poor fielding by Pak has cost them around 30 to 40 runs today

Eng 271/9 (50)

Pakistan needed 272 under lights, should be fun!

Pakistan need 272 to win; I'll settle for that after losing a wicket first ball.

I can't see anything but a Pakistan victory though.

"Poor fielding by Pak has cost them around 30 to 40 runs today"

spot on there SS, it's been poor and the last effort from Afridi just takes the biscuit!!!

Dot ball to finish off the innings

England end up with 271 runs which is a competitive target. Will be difficult for the openers in the beginning but if we can get through that phase then we might chase it down

This will really test as to how much flexible our line-up is

England 271 for 9. They did well in the end but I think this is 300 pitch, but still 272 batting second will make it interesting.

will we get a repeat of the WC 2003 Match between India and pakistan or England V pakistan??

nafajafam said:
England's attack is weak. Pakistan shouldn't have a problem winning this one.

We need to avoid complacency. Lewis will be a handful under lights in the beginning of the innings

nafajafam said:

come on Nafa, only 33 posts befoore 10,000 posts

the stage is set!!

afridi will be at number 3 or 4 definetly or maybe even open and malik might be sent to number 6

if the ball swings n seams under lights than pak is in troubel & if it doesnt pak should win it but anyway u look at it ..its still a demanding tasks -openers need to provie pak a good start...if we dont lose many wickets in the 1st 25 overs then eng backup are not good enough to get pak batsmen out or put them in trouble

nafajafam said:
Salam nafa...lafa....long time no sea, no ocean , no river, you alright ?

Ranaldihno bowled well for his 4 wickets, should have had 5!

Pakistan's fielding has been atrocious so far this series, but we are such a good team we are winning easily anyways!

I expect Pakistan to chase this in 44 overs, 272-6.

evertonfan said:
What did Inzi have for breakfast this morning? That's four times i've seen him diving in this match!

Told you Lewis could bat...
Told you , England would score 270ish! ;)

Shoaib got 2 wickets today as well but was expensive especially at the death.

Still 9 wickets in 3 games is quite a record.

Super Saiyan Rana: bowling 91+ yorkers at the death is priceless. He is the man.

Ranaldihno in that interview to Atther's saying, reason for poor fielding, a lot of travelling :89: nice excuse you legend !

Easa said:
Shoaib got 2 wickets today as well but was expensive especially at the death.

Still 9 wickets in 3 games is quite a record.
Should have been 3 wickets, Hafeez dropped a catch in his last over!

Sky discussing the Akhtar incident; Should be interesting.

Nasser is 100% right, even if what Akhtar did was legitimate, he really should have told the umpire first because there is no doubt that it looks suspicious.

Pakistan has bowled well in the last ten overs to restrict england from getting 300 runs. England made something like 70 runs from last ten overs which is pretty good too. But they lost 5 wickets in the last 10 overs. After all this wicket is batsmen's paradise therefore even under lfloodlights i don't envisage any problems from team chasing a target of 270 plus. Pakistan have a stronger batting line up and INSHALLAH pakistani batsmen will come good and chase this target of 273 runs. Should be a cracker of a match.

cavin420 said:
Salam nafa...lafa....long time no sea, no ocean , no river, you alright ?

Ranaldihno bowled well for his 4 wickets, should have had 5!

wsalaam 420. just got back from pakistan/dubai. all is well ah.
pakistan shouldnt have a problem chasing the total and it is a batting wicket from what usmanchadda said.

i think the sky sports coverage team is purposely doing this because they probably want shaoib to get a good ban! giving thiere team a proper chance in this series!

UsmanCHADDA said:
We need to avoid complacency. Lewis will be a handful under lights in the beginning of the innings

never seen him bowl but since asif has got a beating, i am certain england bowlers shouldnt be a handful given we dont do our famous batting collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back