3rd ODI - WI v Pak @ St Lucia (Pak Innings) [22/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
pakistan lead series 2-0 and will be looking to become the 2nd team in a row to clean sweep west indies @ home in an odi series.

west indies will be looking 2 win to salvage some pride.

please place all match updates here when game starts.

Nice and early AJ. I wonder who'll be rested for this game and who'll come in. I hope Hameed gets a go though.

i posted it early as am playing cricket today and wont get 2 watch match unless my match is rained off or finishes early.

ye hopefully a copule of players are rested and hameed gets a go

2.5 hours to go unitl the match starts. It's on interactive until 7pm because of a totesport league game.

Inshallah Pak will win today but I wasnt impressed with our performance in the 2 matches, especially the batting, running between wickets and the pathetic noball wides by the spinners.

Amjid bhai,
good luck with the match today and come back on pp after u scored a century or taken a 5iver. I'll reply to that other thread today.

I think Pak need to sharpen up and improve on there performances as winides will try hard to salvage pride. We must go into the test series with a winning run.

BTW, Tony Cozier made me laugh when he said "Inzy has been hit in the MID SECTION AREA" lol and the sheepish smile on inzy's face with embarrassment :)))

Anyway Inzy probably realised mistake for not playing in the Aussie test series.

Fessal said:
BTW, Tony Cozier made me laugh when he said "Inzy has been hit in the MID SECTION AREA" lol and the sheepish smile on inzy's face with embarrassment :)))
:)) :))

RH said:
Fessal said:
RH,

where he got hit, is nothing of a laughing matter......I think every man out there was wincing when they saw what had happened.....Surely getting hit in the family jewels is very unpleasent even with the protection......

Werent they appealing for LBW or something ?

I am sure I heard Holding or someone say that the ball hit him in line with stumps and may have been a fair shout for LBW

The lbw did look pretty plumb but i dont know wihich stump holding was talking about ;-)

zushy_786 said:
RH said:
Fessal said:
RH,

where he got hit, is nothing of a laughing matter......I think every man out there was wincing when they saw what had happened.....Surely getting hit in the family jewels is very unpleasent even with the protection......

yes, thats very true but we were seeing the funny side of it and its no laughing matter if someone gets seriously hurt and affected for life. But even Inzy himself who got hurt saw the funny side of it and was smiling/laughing.

ANyway it wasnt actually him being hurt that I was joking about but what Tony Cozier said and the way he said it.

I think the umpiring from Billy doctrove has been awful in this series. These things happen such as Inzy and the clear nick of gayle, the decisions in the first match too etc. However, it happened to frequently and much much more so against Pakistan.

It seems to be very hard for Pakistan to get any LBW's from Doctrove and they were lucky to get 1.

Back to the third odi and sorry i forgot this thread is only for match updates.

Pakistan team:
Yasir Hameed, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Yousuf Youhana,
Bazid Khan, *Younis Khan, Abdul Razzaq, +Kamran Akmal,
Naved-ul-Hasan, Arshad Khan, Shabbir Ahmed.

West Indies team:
CH Gayle, DR Smith, RR Sarwan, RS Morton, *S Chanderpaul,
WW Hinds, DJJ Bravo, +CO Browne, IDR Bradshaw, PT Collins,
CD Collymore.

According to Cricinfo.

no Asim Kamal

he has the potential to be our Rahul dravid

Poor Nazir what has he done, does he only go to play a tour game and then watch Caribean chicks.

Inzamam has still not recovered from the box injury thats what official reports say.

I didn't expect Inzi to play anyway now that we've won the series.

Does team selection imply Arshad Khan will play in the 1st Test along with Bazid Khan???

Would have liked to have seen Danish, Asim Kamal given a go before the Test Match...

Yasir Hameed looks a bit rusty at the moment, no timing at all, strike rate of 25.

18-0 from 4 overs

waheed said:
Does team selection imply Arshad Khan will play in the 1st Test along with Bazid Khan???

Would have liked to have seen Danish, Asim Kamal given a go before the Test Match...

Danish and Asim should def play in test and Arshad depends on the pitch but i think Afridi could do a good job as a spin bowler.

Swivel Pull from Afridi gets him another 4...

22-0

Better looking off drive stopped by Chanderpaul

Afridi 15 off 9... needs to gon and get 50+ today

Lucky escape for Yasir Hameed over cover fielder... for a single.

4.4 Collins to Yasir Hameed, one run, a mistimed drive just over the
top of cover, close shave

6.4 Collins to Afridi, FOUR!!, pitched up, strying down the leg, chips it over to deep mid wicket, intelligent cricket there!!

Afridi taking it easy so far today. Just looking to despatch the bad balls

THis game is going to be boring piece of @$$ ... thx to Arshad Khan playing ...

7.1 Bradshaw to Afridi, FOUR!!, big swing stright down the ground, over mid off and into the fence, beautiful shot!!

8.2 Collins to Hameed, FOUR!!, pitched up, on the off, driven beautifully between extra cover and long off!!

Yasir smartly getting some batting practise.

Did the same in the 2nd innings of the 3rd test in India. Perhaps tad selfish - but good to see a batsman not giving his wicket away.

8.2 Collins to Yasir Hameed, FOUR, a good cover drive, very elegant

8.5 Collins to Afridi, FOUR!!, pitched up, on the off, stands there and goes over the top to deep extra cover, couple of bounces into the fence!!

excellent start by the Pak openers. Controlled strokes in the main.

8.5 Collins to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, goes for a big drive and it sails
over extra cover

9.4 Bradshaw to Shahid Afridi, SIX, takes 3-4 steps out and lofts it
over extra cover

Feel bad for WI here.... they pay their taxes , go to church every Sunday... do they deserve this ?

9.6 Bradshaw to Afridi, SIX!!, fractionally short, on the hips, pulls it away over deep mid wicket, goes all the way into the crowd, that Afridi for you, 20 runs off the over!!
9.5 Bradshaw to Afridi, FOUR!!, stands there and again goes for the big one to sweeper cover, couple of bounces into the fence!!
9.4 Bradshaw to Afridi, SIX!!, comes down the track, slices it over sweeper cover, no chance for any fielder there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back