3rd ODI - WI v Pak @ St Lucia (Pak Innings) [22/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.2 Collymore to Hameed, FOUR!!, pitched up, on the legs, flicks it high in the air to fine leg, drops just short of the rope!! Beautiful shot!!

10.6 Collymore to Shahid Afridi, OUT: went for a flick to leg, trying to
clear square leg but Bravo was there as there was not enough meat
on the hit

Afridi is Afrdi

10.6 Collymore to Shahid Afridi, OUT: went for a flick to leg, trying to
clear square leg but Bravo was there as there was not enough meat
on the hit

can u pls post scores regularly as I am at work :(

oh its going to be boring now. I wish ricardo powell was playing too

legend? i wouldnt go that far but ya nice innings.

and rameez haha funny again providing with his IN YOUR FACE commentry

maybe we should make a bazid khan thread lol. lets see how he does today

11.5 Bradshaw to Bazid Khan, one run, turned to fine leg

off the mark straight away, a good sign

Afridi is undoubtablly the most talented cricketer in the world, better than Lara or Kallis or Dravid or anyone else.

powell/gayle opening would of been a good idea for Windies instead of having marshall there

Bazid obviously being given a chance to play atleast 20-30 overs. Good chance to get his eye in. Doesnt need to score like mad - just rotate strike and stay there until over 50 and we should see hin the test matches for sure.

well after some 20/20 cricket its test cricket time ...

after 15 overs they can just milk the bowling around and take a few chances every now and then. Hameed looks to be under pressure to score a little quicker being the senior of the two currently at the crease.

He (Bazid) seems to be reasonable so far ... dosent look like out of sorts like marshal or some other hideouness pakistan has played in the past

14.1 Collymore to Yasir Hameed, no run, drives a ball well outside off
and it ends up at midwicket, thats the amout of turn of the bat
inwards Yasir does, risky on a seaming trck

Bazid and Yasir undoing Afridi's good work. Bazid's feet still as motionless as the last time I saw him bat.

why is yasir hitting deliveries outside off to leg? hit offside deliveries on the offside yaar

I am fine with bazid playing but i dont think he should be coming one down maybe at number 6 or number 5 is his area in this match all they are doing now is dipping the run rate.

Bazid's a test match player man. I'd rather see Asim kamal. Atleast he hits a few shots.

Anyone watching the match? What kind of batsman is Bazid? Following it on cricinfo, it sounds like he's a very slow and cautious batsman.

Not sure what Hameed has been doing in the last few overs either, letting the bowlers get on top after AFridi's domination.

I think bazid just needs more exposure this is just his 3rd match after all he has to calm himself and hameed hits a 4! 100 is up

16.3 Collymore to Bazid Khan, one run, turned to leg and a suicidal
single to Bravo there taken, in by inches

panicking

16.6 Collymore to Hameed, FOUR!!, pitched up, on the legs, flicks it just wide off the short mid wicket fielder into deep square leg boundary!!

1st test 11

1. butt
2. hameed
3. yk
4. yoyo
5. kamal
6. razzaq
7. akmal
8. Afridi
9. Rana
10. Shabbir
11. Danish

i want to see 300 plus here. They better not waste the start that Afridi give us

17.2 Bradshaw to Hameed, FOUR!!, angling out, Hameed look to drive on the up, gets the outside edge, just wide of the diving Sarwan

poor footwork from Yasir and he gets snapped up caught behind.

salam guys!

good to see pak playin so well

our runrate is still 6...

And if anyone is criticising bazid then you're being really unfair..and inconsiderate..

think about it, bazid's playing int'l cricket after so long and he needs time to settle..and he knows the importance of a good score here.

Some here are talking like he has already been in the team for years and should be like yoyo...

Bradshaw to Hameed, out Caught by Browne!!, and again, same delivery, he drives, the same shot, gets the outside edge and this time Browne dives and completes the formality!

If anyone on our team needs a batting coach - it's hameed - he's way to talented to get out the way he always does!!

Well, I'd probably have the following 11:

Butt, Hameed, Yk, YY, Asim, Razzaq, Afridi, Akmal, Shabbir, Rana, Danish

Saj said:
poor footwork from Yasir and he gets snapped up caught behind.

No Footwork wat has Yasir Hameed learned so far = Nothing
old habits die hard.

yoyo in next - Malik getting demoted down the order (which I think is a good idea when he's not playing in the subcontinent).

18.3 Collymore to Yousuf Youhana, FOUR, Lovely drive! Sheer timing along
the ground to mid-off

Hameed was $hite he played well only because there was no pressure on him with Afridi playing well as soon as Afridi went Hameed found himself in a no mans land, Saj I wouldnt start criticising Bazid, he is a good player needs a good knock to get his confidence up and get his feet moving.

yea hameed pressurizes himself to quickly and needs to learn to cope with it but other than that i think he is one of our most talented batsmen and i personally feel he will be one of our future stars

Thanks for score updates people - keep on posting them.

Regarding Bazid, it's all very well that he knows a good score from him is important etc etc, but to score 8 runs off 25 balls is hurting the team cause. He needs to pick up the tempo.

cricinfo says
19.5 Collins to Bazid Khan, no run, driven to mid-on, one wonders if
Bazid knows he is playing a one-dayer?

"19.5 Collins to Bazid Khan, no run, driven to mid-on, one wonders if
Bazid knows he is playing a one-dayer?"

bazid time to get on with it or get out ...

19.5 Collins to Bazid Khan, no run, driven to mid-on, one wonders if
Bazid knows he is playing a one-dayer?

Can people pls lay off criticism of Bazid ? We dont have a warm up match so he has been given this chance to bat for all remaining overs. This will allow him to get match practice for the test matches.

He will provide sheet anchor - other inform/faster players can score round him...

Bazid Khan 10 30 0 0 33.33 Non-striker

into double figures looking good.

did anyone get the audio coverage from yahoo, theres a thread on it by salman

Ill tell u wot, hes trying 2 get a test pplace so he had 2 show he can defend, any minute now hell erupt.

Collins to Yousuf Youhana, one run, pushes to mid-off and shouts,
'Aa jha', meaning come
lol

MIG, his place is not guaranteed in the test matches. Perhaps he is playing to try to get in to the first 11. But he shouldn't be doing that by scoring at a strike rate of 30-odd. He has 10 off 31 balls as I type.

Personally I would prefer both Afridi and Razzaq to play at 6 and 7 to provide back up bowling and to amke up for the loss of Inzamam (as well as Malik).

21.4 Collins to Yousuf Youhana, one run, pushes to mid-off and shouts,
'Aa jha', meaning come

lol

Bazid has always been one of slow starters I remember one of the A team games against India in Kenya, he and Misbah were going at snails pace then all of a sudden both of them turned it on and runrate shot up to 5.5 from just around 4 an over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back