Argentina defeat France 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 draw to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup

Alhamdulillah, the dream is alive! history has been made, a proud moment for muslims around the world and the continent of Africa

Morocco are genuine contenders, this wasn’t an upset. Portugal didn’t look like they were going to score against the defence of the Atlas Lions, some of the best defending I’ve seen in World Cup history! Sensational!

Park the bus stuff us that what excite you, hopefully Eng v Fra us not drab

End of an era, Ronaldo has changed the dynamic of football in his country for generations to come. Many get lost in debate and the never ending Messi/CR7 battle, but it is a pleasure to witness these two legends. Father time has beaten Ronaldo and there are few fairytale endings in sport, but many thanks to a great for all the memories which may not be replicated for some time

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Morocco! They will be tough opposition for any other team left in the tournament. Whatever happens next this has been a great achievement. Finishing in the Top 4 teams in a World Cup is a superb result.

If France beat England tonight, then I am officially a Morocco fan for the next week or so! :)

First African or Arab speaking team to make it SF of a football wc.

Congratulations to them.

I think we may see Argentina vs France in final. But, it can easily be Argentina vs Morocco.

I am rooting for Argentina and Morocco now.

There is no chance in hell that Morocco will fluke another win in the tournament. One of the weakest team ever to play in a World Cup semi final. They will be smashed by England or France in the semis.

There is no chance in hell that Morocco will fluke another win in the tournament. One of the weakest team ever to play in a World Cup semi final. They will be smashed by England or France in the semis.

Relax mate I might not be a fan of Moroccan team but nowhere are they weak.. they play with tremendous belief as a unit and hard to keep “fluking” so many wins against too countries.

Unless its a sarcastic post.. then my bad lol

Fluke? Morroco clearly have had a game plan in every game.

Morocco is the team of the tournament.

What they have achieved is simply superb. Eliminating Belgium, Spain, and Portugal.

Morocco have the team to defeat England. France should be a bit tougher.

I think for Morocco, they would prefer England. England often choke against underdogs.

Last edited:
BSU6jNd.jpg

N0sxqgL.jpg

sXLDCC1.jpg

vJzRAzY.jpg

Alhamdulillah, the dream is alive! history has been made, a proud moment for muslims around the world and the continent of Africa

Morocco are genuine contenders, this wasn’t an upset. Portugal didn’t look like they were going to score against the defence of the Atlas Lions, some of the best defending I’ve seen in World Cup history! Sensational!

Fully deserved the win!

Congrats to all of Morocco and all Africans and All Muslims"!

Header.jpg

Against England morocco has a chance. France too strong I think for morocco. Great performance by morocco. Great defensive team

Defensively superb Morocco.

Tactics were spot on.

They deserved to beat a flat Portugese side.

Fluke? Morroco clearly have had a game plan in every game.

No fluke but a tactical masterclass, along with great determination and skill!

Its like history repeating itself but in the form of football. Spain and Portugal conquered, next France who colonised them!

Could Morocco do a Greece Euro 2004 and win the whole thing? I certainly wouldn't bet against them.

Many posters have already replied your stupid post, so I am following them. A team that draws with Croatia, beats Belgium, Spain and now Portugal, you can’t say it’s fluke.

SaudiA’s win against Argentina was a big surprise nobody expexted. Playing well against 4 of the best teams in World means they have a terrific unity, faith and plan.

Morocco have only conceded one goal in entire WC and that was also an own-goal.

They will surely give their best against Eng/Fra. Anything can happen.

I can understand if Arabs are happy and maybe the countries of Africa but why would this be a proud moment for a billion muslims lol.

Could Morocco do a Greece Euro 2004 and win the whole thing? I certainly wouldn't bet against them.

Yeah. That's what I said on another thread. If Greece could win in 2004, why not Morocco?

If they can knock out Portugal and Spain, they can knock out anyone really. There's no more Brazil too.

I can understand if Arabs are happy and maybe the countries of Africa but why would this be a proud moment for a billion muslims lol.

Muslims are one family. They win , we win.

This is for another topic but for now, its a FACT Morocco has the most support of any team left in the World Cup. Over a billion people are cheering for them.

This would be bigger than the Greek win.

Morocco are also a very good team in their own right, just as Greece was. Interestingly they both play a similar style.

Morocco winning the World Cup is very much on, there is no doubt for me.

Scrapped 1-0 with 20ish possession are Morocco really thr team of the team of the tourney

I agree, however both Spain and Portugal should have smashed them as well. So you never know. There defense is top notch and they are good on the counter.

Well done Morocco, amazing achievement for the 1st African team to reach a world cup semi final and well deserved.

Maybe 1 or even 2 wins can be flukey, but 4 wins (Canada, Belgium, Spain, Portugal — 3 of these after 90 minutes — only conceding 1 goal) cannot be a fluke. Morocco has 100% deserved to get to the semi finals here.

Croatia has been more jammy to be honest, the only team they have beaten in the tournament across 90/120 minutes is Canada. All of their other games have been draws, and they have got through both of their knockout games on penalties.

Scrapped 1-0 with 20ish possession are Morocco really thr team of the team of the tourney

They have overcome everything and made it to last 4.

They were not expected to go past group stage but here they are; in semi-final.

I would say they are the team of the tournament.

England team is the only one I have not been following at all..and I’ll be seeing their first game today and hopefully France can keep their nerves

They don’t get on the ball as a deliberate tactical decision. It’s their gameplan to play off the ball and hit teams on the counter.

There is a sizable Jewish and Christian community in Morocco. Don't forget them.

That's okay. But, Morocco is a Muslim-majority state. It is considered as a Muslim state just like Bangladesh, Pakistan, or Indonesia.

I was cheering for all Muslim countries in this World Cup along with Brazil and Argentina.

This stupid post is a symptom of overeating - all those kebab rolls have taken its toll on you.

This Morrocco team is not only the best African side I've ever seen, it's also one of the best defensive teams I've ever seen in a World Cup. You do realise they've only conceded one goal so far in this tournament and they have the best right back in the world?

Their goal keeper, Yacine Bonnou, was crowned best goalkeeper in the Spanish championship at the end of the 2021/2022 season winning the Zamora Trophy.

I've never seen so much ignorance and nonsense in my life! It reminds me of the time when you were adamant that Pandya was trash and how Faheem Ashraf was better than him.

Maybe 1 or even 2 wins can be flukey, but 4 wins (Canada, Belgium, Spain, Portugal — 3 of these after 90 minutes — only conceding 1 goal) cannot be a fluke. Morocco has 100% deserved to get to the semi finals here.

Croatia has been more jammy to be honest, the only team they have beaten in the tournament across 90/120 minutes is Canada. All of their other games have been draws, and they have got through both of their knockout games on penalties.

and that goal conceded was also an own goal. So many big names have been unable to bury one past Yassine Bou Nou. The man is a proper wall.

Nothing lucky about Morocco reaching the semi-finals.

Drew with Croatia
Beat Belgium
Beat Spain
Beat Portugal

Only conceded 1 goal in the tournament and that was an own goal

They become the first African team to reach the semi-finals of the World Cup

Morocco Beat Portugal 1-0 To Become 1st African Nation To Reach Semis

Morocco became the first African nation to reach a World Cup semi-final and ended the hopes of Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal.

Striker Youssef En-Nesyri scored the winning goal in the first half, leaping highest to beat goalkeeper Diogo Costa to the ball and heading in to spark pandemonium at Al Thumama Stadium.

The north African side's supporters populated most of the venue and joyously celebrated their breakthrough moment on the global stage.

Ronaldo came off the bench in the 50th minute to equal the men's all-time appearance record of 196 in international matches, but he could not drag his side back into the contest.

Morocco, who will face England or France in the last four, were happy to play on the counter and grabbed the opener just before the break when En-Nesyri headed in from Yahya Attiyat-Allah's cross.

Portugal skipper Bruno Fernandes came agonisingly close to levelling just minutes later but a brilliant individual effort struck the crossbar.

Decimated by injuries, Morocco sat back for the majority of the second half and Yassine Bounou brilliantly tipped over Joao Felix's drive - the closest they came to an equaliser.

Morocco striker Walid Cheddira was sent off for a second yellow card in eight minutes of additional time but Portugal could not find the equaliser as their last-four hopes were dashed.

Magnificent Moroccans make history

Three African sides had previously reached this stage of the World Cup but none had progressed any further. Until now.

The marvellous Moroccan players and fans rejoiced as En-Nesyri's header on 42 minutes proved to be the pivotal moment.

Fans whistled and jeered every pass the Portuguese players made and then the rowdiest section behind the goal seemed to suck the ball into the net.

Walid Regragui's side were missing West Ham's Nayef Aguerd, Bayern Munich's Noussair Mazraoui and lost captain Romain Saiss to injury early in the second period.

But they defended resolutely and frustrated Portugal to keep their seventh clean sheet in eight games under their boss and have conceded just once in this tournament.

Morocco are a tough proposition and buoyed on by a partisan crowd in Doha, they will present a difficult challenge to whoever they face in the last four on Wednesday.

Goalkeeper Bounou, earning his 50th cap, pushed away a header from Felix early on and a deflected strike flew narrowly over.

Morocco had carved out the better opportunities on the break but En-Nesyri sent two free headers off target and Sofiane Boufal's curler was straight at Costa.

In his desperation for an equaliser, Fernando Santos sent on Ronaldo early in the second half but the 37-year-old - who equalled Kuwait striker Bader Al-Mutawa's international caps record - found it difficult to make any impact.

Having seen rival Lionel Messi reach the semi-finals on Friday, Ronaldo could not do the same with his side on what is likely to be his final World Cup appearance, trudging down the tunnel in tears at full-time as his dream was over.

BBC

Messi has a showdown Louis van Gaal

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 177.778%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/6amn52" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 177.778%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/6amn52" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Messi had the last laugh.

Dutch coach was talking smack too much earlier.

Messi is usually a calm and respectful guy. The dutch were talking smack before the match, so even someone as coolheaded as Messi lost his cool.

Messi is usually a calm and respectful guy. The dutch were talking smack before the match, so even someone as coolheaded as Messi lost his cool.

Yup.

Even Dutch players were being problematic. They started to foul/abuse the Argentinian players first. Argentina barely had any issue with Polish or Australian players.

Yup.

Even Dutch players were being problematic. They started to foul/abuse the Argentinian players first. Argentina barely had any issue with Polish or Australian players.

Argentina and Dutch have a historic rivalry at the world cup. So I can see why both sets of players lost their cool. The referee was also incompetent and couldn't handle the occasion.

Argentina and Dutch have a historic rivalry at the world cup. So I can see why both sets of players lost their cool. The referee was also incompetent and couldn't handle the occasion.

Dutch have had issues with other countries too. I remember they had a heated game against Portugal in 2006 World Cup. Portugal won that one too.

It was so heated that it even got a name. Battle of Nueremberg. Check: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup).

That game had 4 red cards and 16 yellow cards.

Last edited:
Cmon France!! England has no chance against Morocco, France only can stop them on this side!

You can't expect Henderson to be useful against quality side like France tbh.

Back