Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 14 September | Colombo | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pitch is spinning very much now...i think 250 or 240 in 45 overs should be the target i have a feeling they are going for 160... Look at rizwan the guy looks a real rabbit...serious he should have ben dropped for haris.
It started to spin all of a sudden.

Get your radar right Wella. Rizwan is there for the taking

It's important to use your feet as a batsman against spinners if Ball is turning. Especially left arm over to right hand. It seems Babar has weakness of playing it from crease and getting stuck all the time

Good call but his strike rate is still low.

It will improve over time, he is literally called in a pressure semi final situation and is playing with the mindset that's he's disposable and is a 3rd wheel to falhar and imam whereas he should have been tried in the afghan series.

Give him imam golden boy treatment and you're about to have a well groomed player at the crease. Abhi relax, he doesn't have the technical weakness to not play attacking shots like imam does.

It will improve over time, he is literally called in a pressure semi final situation and is playing with the mindset that's he's disposable and is a 3rd wheel to falhar and imam whereas he should have been tried in the afghan series.

Give him imam golden boy treatment and you're about to have a well groomed player at the crease. Abhi relax, he doesn't have the technical weakness to not play attacking shots like imam does.
On top of which he's facing a bowler who dismantled India and just dismissed babar.

What’s he like with short ball. He looks a player that needs a stint in county will be good for him

Why the walking wicket Fakhar was picked ahead of other deserving players?

And he chockes again! If there ever was an opportunity to prove his critics that he truly is this atg/goat in the making this was it. Stage was set, but alas, as usual he fails just when it matters the most for his country. I have literally no hope left for this guy, he is going to be most overrated legendary batsman of the history. Dude is a deer in the headlights if the pitch isn't a flat pancake & opposition bowling isn't second rate. It's ridiculous how lucky he has been for getting all those impactless soft runs & useless records.

Wellalage over halfway through his overs before the 20th. See him off.

Not a bad start by our standards. We need 300 to make me feel comfortable. Still concerned about the rain too.

If babar do not improve his batting against spinner then he will lose his no 1 rank of odi in this world cup

That I completely agree with. I am all for giving him enough chances to prove himself. He has shown steel and resolve.

We need to also pick imad wasim and abrar.

Those fast bowlers will be butchered by Harris, just need to see off the spin threat

Important fifty from Shafique. Had some luck but some class shots too.

Needs to bat until 40th over.

Whatever you say how slow shafique plays but he's the only opener we have who looks decent against spinners

Babar really needs to work against spin. He hasn't improved at all and we all know that he is very vulnerable against spin.

Good knock from Abdullah. Hopefully that will keep Fakhar out.
Now we need to include another test double centurion Saud

If bab
And he chockes again! If there ever was an opportunity to prove his critics that he truly is this atg/goat in the making this was it. Stage was set, but alas, as usual he fails just when it matters the most for his country. I have literally no hope left for this guy, he is going to be most overrated legendary batsman of the history. Dude is a deer in the headlights if the pitch isn't a flat pancake & opposition bowling isn't second rate. It's ridiculous how lucky he has been for getting all those impactless soft runs & useless records.
If babar scores on flat pitches he is overrated. But somehow gil scores on pancakes and yet we have everyone here gloat about how talented he is.

What did Gill do on spicy pitches?

That I completely agree with. I am all for giving him enough chances to prove himself. He has shown steel and resolve.

We need to also pick imad wasim and abrar.
Thank god, you're on the same page as I am.

I hoe the rest of the forumn understands that I am trying to save the team, not destroy it.

If bab

If babar scores on flat pitches he is overrated. But somehow gil scores on pancakes and yet we have everyone here gloat about how talented he is.

What did Gill do on spicy pitches?
Nothing. Abdullah Shafique is better on turning wickets.

Abdullah needs to work on the short ball which he will, important player however, will improve.

Draft saim along with him at opening and saud at no 4.

Oh shafique...what a halwa shot to a halwa ball....threw away golden chance to make a big score....
This is where great players are not satisfied with landmark and hungry for more....however he is still young, has potential and will learn

Pak bowling attack is pretty weak today.

Spinners are average and afridi as the only fast bowler

240 required

What a dumb and stupid shot by Shafique! :facepalm: He has just given it away after doing all the hard work.

What a poor display of batting from the team. Babar should be sacked after the World Cup. Dosti yaari culture can not be tolerated anymore.

Abdullah Shafique should be dropped in the next match. The message needs to be sent that "throwing your wicket away immediately after getting a milestone is not acceptable".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back