Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 14 September | Colombo | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a hack, but a vital no 7. He was sent at the wrong position.

We need saim, Abdullah as openers, saud slotted at 4, Tayyab at 5, Imad at 6 and haris as our no 7.

There is nothing vital about him. He is a brainless hack. A tailender slogging and getting lucky would have the same impact.

We have a solid batter in Huraira and they never gave him a chance.

Braineles brainless. Why hiding iftikhar. Nawaz is making a comeback after being dropped.

Yaar come on boys there's 20 overs left, show some steel and bat it out

To think that he was supposed to play ahead of Abdullah today. I must say Babar's talent identification is the worst of all
Yes he was meant to open lol

Abdullah wouldn't even be playing without Imam's injury.

I would have taken a one-armed Saud on this wicket.

Sri Lankan skipper not allowing easy singles to the Pakistani batsmen which is increasing the pressure. Babar please learn.

There is nothing vital about him. He is a brainless hack. A tailender slogging and getting lucky would have the same impact.

We have a solid batter in Huraira and they never gave him a chance.
He's more vital then rizwan due to being a utility player. But I do not know any better no 7 option.

I only advocate for saim, Abdullah and saud as my main to be slotted in as well as shadab to be given the boot for imad.

I explained in my previous post that I think haris at no 7 but he's not the permanent answer. Regardless I stand by my claim for rizwan and other previous middle order of chacha, nawaz, faheemz shadab, and agha being Tail enders. I still back haris 10x any day over these lads. But he doesn't warrant any place besides no 7.

They will try everything but don't give no4 position to iftikhar which used to be his position in domestic

To think that he was supposed to play ahead of Abdullah today. I must say Babar's talent identification is the worst of all
Babar has question marks hanging over his ability to play spin and bigger question marks on his leadership credentials.

How can you expect him to identify proper talent ala great Imran Khan and Javed Miandad.

Good over, need a few more of that. Just bat out the 19 overs and we can reach a defendable score

Putting a t20 opener in middle over of spinning track, make it make sense
If Saud indeed had fever and Imam back spasm and Agha injured, then I guess they didn’t have another option?

Seeing Pakistan struggle agianst spin is just getting sad now and Rizwan just doesn't look like he can play any decent type of bowler. Haris also doesn't seem to be ready for International cricket yet. I can't believe Im about to say this, but Sarfraz ahmed might need to make a comeback he would be easliy be the best player against spin if he was back in this squad. We might have to call him as backup rather then Haris.

Shafique has gotten out a few times in Tests playing that half hearted pull shot which he can not control

200 looks miles away.

Nawaz playing a very chancy cameo here.
I can't understand this brainless batting, just milk the field for 1s and 2s for a few overs!

Risk-free 5 an over from here takes us to 193 in the 40th over. Explode in those final 5/6 overs and 240 is there.

SL over rate around 13. Taking a lot of time to complete their overs and would leave lot less time for Pakistan to bowl .

It's really embarrassing for both Babar & his fans if you have to compare him with a dude who is literally a kid in the international circuit! I thought Babar was equal/ better than Kohli, Rohit not so long ago! BTW, in case you forgot Gill made a sparkling fifty & spanked Shaheen all around the park on the same track Babar looked clueless. The kid actually outclassed the king it seems!
Gill is great on flat tracks but he has serious holes vs spin, swing. He has repeatedly failed vs spin and swing.

Babar's performance vs spin has been poor but against swing he is much better than Gill.

Babar actually played a clutch knock in 2019 wc vs nz.

Kohli failed and so did rohit in all important ko's.

Yes we missed out on semis but shaheen wasn't selected for the first few games despite being clearly ready.

I would drop Riz too - keep him at the crease. Pakistan’s total will go nowhere
😂😂, but wait bro, remember he's the world's no 2 t20 batter and the world's best wicket keeper batsmen. He's clearly the future of Pakistan.

Shafiq all you had to do was play the long innings but good debut

Can we open with Rizwan/imam and then bring in saud Shakeel in the middle order ?

What stupid cricket have Pakistan played today

They're playing like this is a minefield then they're in for a surprise in India in a few weeks time

Has anyone got update on Haris Sohail dose him up on painkillers if we have to!!!!

Mashallah what a wonderful allrounder we have in nawaz. I can see why he was chosen ahead of imad.

What stupid cricket have Pakistan played today

They're playing like this is a minefield then they're in for a surprise in India in a few weeks time
India picthes and minefield? They are great batting wickets except for Chennai you will see 300 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back