Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 14 September | Colombo | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stupid cricket have Pakistan played today

They're playing like this is a minefield then they're in for a surprise in India in a few weeks time
Looks like 228 run defeat in the hands of India has completely derailed Pakistan's campaign. That was a body blow and they couldn't overcome it.

So Babar cant Bat in crunch games. Cant captain in crunch Games. Sends in 2 walking wickets. And Rain comes dowm to dent the DLS score. What else?

The 2015 WC squad was perhaps the weakest Pak team I have ever seen. This team has champion bowlers at least.
They had 2 batsmen who had Test averages close to 50, and a good seam attack. Plus a white ball legend in Shahid Afridi

This team is ridiculous

Imad being dropped for Nawaz was criminal . Harris as 2nd wk in odis is a big no too

Nawaz is at same mental level of babar. Infact shadab, babar, rizwan all are on same level. That is why they are friends

Please let the rain just end this game once and for all.

I want to see zaman Khan bowl, but who cares. Just give Sri lanka the win, this tournament is over for us, let's take solice in beating bangaldesh and Nepal.

Rizwan has looked shaky throughout his stay at the wicket so far not sure why they're looking so nervous not like they're trying to smash every ball out of the park either

No confidence after the India loss.

TBH Pakistani media and fans were acting too arrogant after 1st game against India which got washed out.

Your ex PM Shehbaz Shariff tweeted 'They can't play Shaheen' after India were 60/4.

Your ex PCB chairman Najam Sethi tweeted 'India is scared of playing Pakistan'. Heck this India scared of Pakistan was trending in social media all week.

This 228 runs reality check was brutal and will always remind future generation to remain humble. In a game of cricket one team wins and one won't but grace is important.

Please end this torture. Hope it keeps raining as this is just too heart breaking to watch for Pak fans.

To all posters on this thread. I apologise if I have been rude to any of you in the past or have come off as aggressive. But I do hope you are finally seeing my viewpoint.

The best batsmen today was Abdullah and even though I advocated for Abdullah I said that he's raw and would take time, never did I imagine that a raw, ungroomed Abdullah would play better then our so called seasoned veterans.

I hope you now see my viewpoint, not just my viewpoint. Sultan and rana have been saying the same thing way before I arrived on this forumn 😪.

I must be the only one that cares about our H2H record vs India. Why would you want Pakistan to win this game and let India get closer?

Harris is only good for opening when field is in, but he’s a certified hack

TBH Pakistani media and fans were acting too arrogant after 1st game against India which got washed out.

Your ex PM Shehbaz Shariff tweeted 'They can't play Shaheen' after India were 60/4.

Your ex PCB chairman Najam Sethi tweeted 'India is scared of playing Pakistan'. Heck this India scared of Pakistan was trending in social media all week.

This 228 runs reality check was brutal and will always remind future generation to remain humble. In a game of cricket one team wins and one won't but grace is important.
Actually that 265 was really good score on a green top. I wouldn’t be too sure of this Pakistani batting unit of chasing it. I would say, Pakistan got bailed out that day by the rain gods.

I am serious when saying most international ladies teams will defeat our men's one.

I understand and agree. But what worsens the situation are fitness issues right. Imam, Saud, Agha, Naseem, Rauf all unavailable in a space of 2-3 days. Unforced change is Faheem in place of nawaz.

These pitches are tailor made for Srilanka. Their spinners will become monsters on these turning tracks. Imagine if Hasaranga was fit enough to play.
Hasaranga/Wella/Theekshana will eat any opposition alive.

To all posters on this thread. I apologise if I have been rude to any of you in the past or have come off as aggressive. But I do hope you are finally seeing my viewpoint.

The best batsmen today was Abdullah and even though I advocated for Abdullah I said that he's raw and would take time, never did I imagine that a raw, ungroomed Abdullah would play better then our so called seasoned veterans.

I hope you now see my viewpoint, not just my viewpoint. Sultan and rana have been saying the same thing way before I arrived on this forumn 😪.
He is most of the time gonna come good . Only question will be can he play with a good SR he was fine today but can he most of time against better teams . That is only question we will see and wait . For now definetly he is starter in WC

The rain is coming down hard now. The two best teams are going to the final no doubt about this now. We don't deserve to be there.

I'm sorry to say this but Pakistan does not deserve to play the Asia Cup final.

rain needs to continue now, let us go home early and take stock of who works and who doesn't before the WC, even if we do somehow win from here another india hammering is not going to help us and will knock our already low confidence further

drop fakhar and nawaz and keep haris for t20, bring in ayub, faheem/imad and saud

Pakistan should thank their stars that their overrated top 3 with the so called "50 avg batters and the top 10 in ICC rankings" got exposed this tournament for what they are. It was peak comedy to see posters taking those ICC rankings seriously...

Even though it's a bit late, they can now persist with Abdullah and maybe push Babar to 4 by trying some attacking options at 3.

First they took that drinks break then Nawaz got out then Ifti took a lifetime to come to crease and rain interrupted..so much precious time wasted.

Pakistan should thank their stars that their overrated top 3 with the so called "50 avg batters and the top 10 in ICC rankings" got exposed this tournament for what they are. It was peak comedy to see posters taking those ICC rankings seriously...

Even though it's a bit late, they can now persist with Abdullah and maybe push Babar to 4 by trying some attacking options at 3.
Well, batters do get in and out of form.

I don't know why they were playing so cautiously from the start when they knew the rain could disrupt the game. Where has that aggressive mentality gone?

They had better run rate in test matches

It is easier to play freely when there is no pressure vs when the pressure is really on. That is the difference between boys and men. This Pakistani team is still filled with kids who haven't really grown up as far as Cricketing Quality is concerned.

Honestly, I feel Babar and Imam are ok. Fakhar is the main issue in our top 3 who was supposed to be our main attacking option but over time became really trepid. Abdullah looks okay, but maybe too slow considering our top 4 are not really explosive. So perhaps Ayub would be a better option imo

I don't know why they were playing so cautiously from the start when they knew the rain could disrupt the game. Where has that aggressive mentality gone?

They had better run rate in test matches
They are mentally shot after the India game.

Number 1 ranked team with number 1 batsman and number 1 WK and number 1 fast bowling attack were living in their own bubble before India burst that bubble.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Babar as captain and the core of this team. Fakhar, Shadab, Rizwan, Iftikhar, Nawaz etc. could be discarded over the next 6-12 months.

He is most of the time gonna come good . Only question will be can he play with a good SR he was fine today but can he most of time against better teams . That is only question we will see and wait . For now definetly he is starter in WC
Give Abdullah time, you'll see his sr improve. Theirs a reason this lad is playing psl while imam is shoved out.

Exactly how Pakistan has given reality checks to India, and India has also gotten those during many other tournaments. It goes both ways and both teams aren't formidable sides like Australia or West Indies during their era. We have immature fans on both sides, India certainly takes the cake with that as they love gloating over anything and everything. But yes 228 run defeat has done it's trick on Pakistan looking at today's game, just a matter of another tournament and it will be forgotten. Pakistan has played past couple of international tournaments better than India

Just compare some of the batters being discussed here to what Australia, England and India have at their disposal.

PCB should arrange whole tournament in Pakistan. Its unfair that SL arranged 2x more matches than us.

Number 1 ranked team with number 1 batsman and number 1 WK and number 1 fast bowling attack were living in their own bubble before India burst that bubble.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Babar as captain and the core of this team. Fakhar, Shadab, Rizwan, Iftikhar, Nawaz etc. could be discarded over the next 6-12 months.
Hell will freeze over mate, but the right thing as you suggest will not happen

It is easier to play freely when there is no pressure vs when the pressure is really on. That is the difference between boys and men. This Pakistani team is still filled with kids who haven't really grown up as far as Cricketing Quality is concerned.

For sure, what i liked about the england vs nz match yesterday was that England were 2/13 and yet Stokes and Malan played their usual attacking style of cricket. And before you knew it, NZ were under pressure very quickly.

If Pakistan starts at 2/13 you can be sure that we will go deeper and deeper into a shell

And we have to bear these players for the WC as well, as always no long-term planning and we all be praying and waiting for miracles with calculators in our hands.

Our comedy batting will continue soon. The rain has stopped and covers are off.

Pakistan's inadequacy against spin has been shocking. It appears that the team management did not anticipate spin to be a factor in this Asia Cup.

Exactly how Pakistan has given reality checks to India, and India has also gotten those during many other tournaments. It goes both ways and both teams aren't formidable sides like Australia or West Indies during their era. We have immature fans on both sides, India certainly takes the cake with that as they love gloating over anything and everything. But yes 228 run defeat has done it's trick on Pakistan looking at today's game, just a matter of another tournament and it will be forgotten. Pakistan has played past couple of international tournaments better than India
Indian management was going through some upheaval (thanks to Ganguly and that buffoon Chetan Sharma), but now things look more settled now. Plus key players are back from injury. I would say that the team now looks more settled than it has been in a long time.

For sure, what i liked about the england vs nz match yesterday was that England were 2/13 and yet Stokes and Malan played their usual attacking style of cricket. And before you knew it, NZ were under pressure very quickly.

If Pakistan starts at 2/13 you can be sure that we will go deeper and deeper into a shell
It is a different level of skill.

I’m gonna get murdered for this but if you put Malan, who is not one of the rockstars of the modern game and “King” Babar in the same lineup, Malan will outperform him most of the time.

sigh cheer up lads, not going to be our week. Get a good work out in, let out the frustration, and hope our wimpy board and think tank learns something before WC other than that nothing to dwell on. There's nothing wrong in supporting your team, but no need to hype these guys anymore until they win something of substance. Off to the weight room for me :)

We deceive ourselves when we believe that those not currently in the game are significantly better than those on the field. This is a misconception we must overcome. Haris is by no means suited for One Day Internationals (ODIs); his talents are better suited for T10 or, at most, T20 formats. Iftikhar struggles against even moderately skilled spin bowlers, forcing the captain to keep him hidden until the half-recognized batters are dismissed.

Let's not assume that Saud will work wonders either, his low strike rate and inability to consistently hit boundaries make it unlikely for him to become the player we envision. Following Haris, people may begin criticizing the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for not selecting Saim, who may also struggle under pressure.

The truth is we are frustrated with players like Fakhar, Imam (who often performs against weaker teams or in inconsequential matches), Babar (similar to Imam), Shadab (with a lack of notable performances lately), and Rizwan (yet to deliver impactful innings in ODIs), the question remains is do we have adequate replacements? Is our bench strength robust enough to handle the immense pressure and lift Pakistan from its current struggles? I have my doubts.

What did you make of Abdullah

When will they grow up when they are 60? Had 3 World cups now.

WI was formidable. But they did lose 2 out of 3 games to India in 1983 world cup :) Infact 3 out of 4 in a row if you include the win in WI. They didn't even make the final in 1987. WI domination was there in world cup only before everyone getting to grips with one dayers. Australia that is a gun team. They won 3 world cups in a row with 11 match winners in each of their team. Can't say many teams can challenge them.

What did you make of Abdullah
Rich man’s Asad Shafiq.

Timid and lacking in confidence, too worried about looking pretty while playing shots.

Far from a bad player by our terrible standards, but not someone who will stand shoulder to shoulder with the best batsmen in the world.

We will crash out of the World Cup

And the next 4 year cycle will see Rizwan as captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back