Assault, murder of 8-year-old Asifa Bano in JK - Protests by Hindu nationalists (supporting accused)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very likely that family accused of rape have been scapegoated. Murder of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Asifa?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Asifa</a> suspected to be handiwork of jehadi <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rohingyas?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Rohingyas</a> settled by PDP in Jammu region. Since Jammu people angry at settling criminal Rohingya in Hindu areas, Mehbooba used this murder as counterblast strategy <a href="https://t.co/Bji6ea2IUq">https://t.co/Bji6ea2IUq</a></p>— MadhuPurnima Kishwar (@madhukishwar) <a href="https://twitter.com/madhukishwar/status/985096408242962432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really?
Yes this is what they really believe. All the protesters and lawyers etc protested because they believe it is done to defame them and its a conpiracy against them .

Whatever it is ,if found guilty ,which they are , they should be hanged publicly and all the protesters or lawyers should be arrested as well for the case of ,insulting flag and demafing hindu religion and not letting agencies do their work properly; And regarding rohingas ,we already are 125 crore people . They should be thrown out of country i.e different case and there is no second idea about it.

Yes she was a muslim.

Dont let the crocodile tears of some Indians fool you. They dont care about anyone but their occupation of J&K. Almost 3 months have passed since this rape and murder happened. Only and only Kashmiri people and Kashmiri local media highlighted this issue continuously to the point that it couldnt have been ignored anymore. We were relentless and this is the result of that. Unfortunately many such victims dont have anyone to raise a voice for them.

I hope you come out of this warped view about Indians. Especially, in matters such as this, Indians were not even aware of this case two days ago, and now whole nation is crying. You see, my whole WhatsApp, Fb and insta are filled with Indians crying alone with her family, heck even my mum whose totally oblivious to this whole kashmir-Muslims issue was crying, watching the news about this heinous act today. All that angst against us might be justified but we are not as bad a bunch you think we are.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very likely that family accused of rape have been scapegoated. Murder of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Asifa?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Asifa</a> suspected to be handiwork of jehadi <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rohingyas?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Rohingyas</a> settled by PDP in Jammu region. Since Jammu people angry at settling criminal Rohingya in Hindu areas, Mehbooba used this murder as counterblast strategy <a href="https://t.co/Bji6ea2IUq">https://t.co/Bji6ea2IUq</a></p>— MadhuPurnima Kishwar (@madhukishwar) <a href="https://twitter.com/madhukishwar/status/985096408242962432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really?

Dont think its the case here.

But overall the Rohingyas are not welcomed by most of the local people in jammu.

I hope you come out of this warped view about Indians. Especially, in matters such as this, Indians were not even aware of this case two days ago, and now whole nation is crying. You see, my whole WhatsApp, Fb and insta are filled with Indians crying alone with her family, heck even my mum whose totally oblivious to this whole kashmir-Muslims issue was crying, watching the news about this heinous act today. All that angst against us might be justified but we are not as bad a bunch you think we are.

Not aware 2 days ago, but an Afridi tweet is instant recognition.

Love it.

Not aware 2 days ago, but an Afridi tweet is instant recognition.

Love it.

Apart from the internet warriors and sensationalist media channels, nobody gives 2 hoots about what afridi thinks and talks. There are 1000's of other regional "news" channels which the normal people watch. You are delusional if you think we give him any importance here.

Apart from the internet warriors and sensationalist media channels, nobody gives 2 hoots about what afridi thinks and talks. There are 1000's of other regional "news" channels which the normal people watch. You are delusional if you think we give him any importance here.

This doesn't change the fact it takes 2 days for Indians to beware of the pertinent news.

You yourself weren't aware of this story until two days ago. I guess internet warriors and sensationalist media channels do their job too well.

You yourself weren't aware of this story until two days ago. I guess internet warriors and sensationalist media channels do their job too well.

I have read and heard about this news in january itself. Even there was a thread in Pakpassion about this Kashmiri girl's rape on January. But like every other rape cases in India, i chose to ignore it after reading a few lines. At that time the investigation was only started. But now 3 days ago, the chargesheet was published in the media and whole India came to know what torture she had to bear an also how the lawyers, ministers,police etc were in support of these rapists. How would i know about the details of a murder until the investigation reports are published?

Last edited:
This should lead to the fall of this tyranny that is the current government. I have any way left any hope when it comes to this country.

Oh mai te tainu kuj keha hi ni...mai v tainu just aah hi keh reha hi.ki .jammu kashmir kisi de peyo da ghar ni hai....befkuf loki sari taraf hi..jithe marji chalja veer..jedi marji country..jedi marji community..jeda marji religion....chal chad...kr jive tainu chnga lge..bki i agree indians jyda psnd ni krde kashmiris nu.....ehde liye sb jimevar hi but.....ya halaat aeho je hi...mainu ki das reha hai baki ..saade punjab ne 80's ch istoh v khrnak time vekhya hi...

Jammu Kashmir kisi da ni saada ae surf ! Aur kisi da ni! Kisi aur da ni.By the way as far as I m concerned the things I have seen in jammu 90%of Hindus hate Muslims.Some Muslims hate Hindus too but not majority of them.it's not kashmiri thing. They hate Muslims with passion. By the way I m a gujjar and majority in jammu region are gujjars. So it's definitely not Kashmiris. They hate Muslims like your most countrymen do. Truth does hurt. But it's a proven fact.

I have read and heard about this news in january itself. Even there was a thread in Pakpassion about this Kashmiri girl's rape on January. But like every other rape cases in India, i chose to ignore it after reading a few lines. At that time the investigation was only started. But now 3 days ago, the chargesheet was published in the media and whole India came to know what torture she had to bear an also how the lawyers, ministers,police etc were in support of these rapists. How would i know about the details of a murder until the investigation reports are published?

http://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/ja...rdering-kathua-girl-arrested-govt/272787.html

Absolutely correct. It was reported in news outlets in Jan. But it came into national lime light after the investigation was given to Kashmir police from Jammu Police and they filed the chargesheet.

This investigation requires a CBI enquiry or a judicial probe or a court monitored probe. Too much politics going on in this. Just nauseating.

http://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/ja...rdering-kathua-girl-arrested-govt/272787.html

Absolutely correct. It was reported in news outlets in Jan. But it came into national lime light after the investigation was given to Kashmir police from Jammu Police and they filed the chargesheet.

This investigation requires a CBI enquiry or a judicial probe or a court monitored probe. Too much politics going on in this. Just nauseating.

Nothing wrong if cbi enquiry goes ,but this case should be fast tracked,though all rape cases should be , and all the criminals should be given instant death and i dnt care even if some criminals are under 18,if they can rape then they should be given harsh punishment as well...2

Nothing wrong if cbi enquiry goes ,but this case should be fast tracked,though all rape cases should be , and all the criminals should be given instant death and i dnt care even if some criminals are under 18,if they can rape then they should be given harsh punishment as well...2

6 months: 3months enquiry 3months trial.

Don't you think at the time this rape case was first reported, the details of the assault were probably suppressed? I would think that is even more likely considering the BJP links to the protests in support of the accused rapists.

Don't you think at the time this rape case was first reported, the details of the assault were probably suppressed? I would think that is even more likely considering the BJP links to the protests in support of the accused rapists.

There is one more rape of 11 year old girl in gujrat reported and murdered as well and one more minor girl of assam just recently.. .
Politics is unfortunatley played by all parties. We aree only just vote bank for them and nothing else....

The otherside claims rape was added after muslim policemen from kashmir were parachuted to probe the issue in Jammu division and they hounded the entire hamlet into leaving the place and its a ploy to change the demographics by pushing out hindus and settling illegal Rohingyas.

This is a nauseating political and religious mud fest over the death of a 7yr old. No one seems to be bothered by the need to carry out actual justice.

There is one more rape of 11 year old girl in gujrat reported and murdered as well and one more minor girl of assam just recently.. .
Politics is unfortunatley played by all parties. We aree only just vote bank for them and nothing else....

Vote bank? For gods sake keep kids out of this dirty politics. If this is where our political discourse has come down to then time has come to find another way of selecting our leaders.

Vote bank? For gods sake keep kids out of this dirty politics. If this is where our political discourse has come down to then time has come to find another way of selecting our leaders.

That 's what it is going on. Unfortunalty we dnt have good alternative options. Really disappointed with the way of proffessionalism and law and order on the rape cases of unnmao u.p mla and this kathua has been going on.
I hope everything gets clear and settle down soon.....and all the required justice be served to the deserved .

We participated in Kathua rally on BJP's instructions: Ex-J&K minister says he is being made a scapegoat

On Saturday, Chander Parkash Ganga, one of the J&K ex-ministers accused of attending a rally of the Hindu Ekta Manch, claimed that he had attended the event on BJP’s instructions.

He claimed he was being made a scapegoat by the party and told Times Now he went there on J&K BJP president Sat Sharma’s orders.

He was quoted saying by Times Now: “We were sent (to Kathua) by the party. Our party president Sat Sharma sent us. We went there on the party’s instruction.” He added: “When we heard the people, they told us since investigation changed hands thrice, they didn't trust and they demanded CBI probe. I felt that if my sacrifice is required to protect party’s image I would be glad to do it.”

On Friday, a much-relieved Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for defusing the situation and said the unfortunate incident had brought the people of the state and the rest of the country "together".

She said a sense of justice had been reinforced in the state and urged "New Delhi to wake up to the Kashmir cauldron".

Both the alliance partners -- the BJP and the PDP -- had separate legislature party meetings in Srinagar and Jammu to discuss the situation arising out of the polarisation in the state over the rape-cum-murder of the girl after some leaders of the lesser-known Hindu Ekta Manch were arrested in connection with the case.

BJP national general secretary Ram Madhav, who flew in to Jammu this morning, had a meeting with party leaders as well as legislators after which a decision to hand over the resignations of ministers Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga to the chief minister was taken.

Both Ganga and Singh had participated in the rally on March 1 after the Crime Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police had arrested the nephew of a caretaker of a 'devisathan' (temple) in connection with the kidnapping and rape of the little girl.

Later, during investigation, the police arrested the caretaker and alleged that he was the mastermind of kidnapping, rape and killing of the girl from a nomadic tribe with an ulterior motive of terrifying the community and drive them out of the village.

The BJP sent the resignations to the chief minister who in turn will pass it on to Governor N N Vohra for acceptance, PDP leaders said.

Madhav, who has been the BJP's pointsman on scripting the agenda with the PDP, told reporters in Jammu that the resignations of the two ministers would be handed over to Mehbooba Mufti for further action and also admitted that the two ministers had displayed a lack of discretion by taking part in the rally.

However, he made it clear that there was no attempt to sabotage the investigations as charged by the Congress party.

"The charge that the two ministers were pro-rapist is absolutely wrong. It was sheer indiscretion on their part," he said.

He rejected reports that there was any pressure from his alliance partner PDP for withdrawal of the two ministers. "No pressure, no ultimatum. This is all your figment of imagination," Madhav said in his reply to a query from a reporter that the PDP had threatened to walk out of the alliance if the two ministers did not resign.

Asked whether a dent has been created in the alliance after the Kathua case, Madhav said, "As far as this case is concerned, we have done our bit by allaying the fears and misconception created in the minds of not only the people of Jammu and Kashmir but also in the entire country by asking our two ministers to resign. Beyond that, I don't think there will be any impact of this incident or these developments on the coalition." Mehbooba Mufti, who chaired the party's meeting in Srinagar, thanked the prime minister and the national media and said the unity in ranks was an emotional reach out to protest against the heinous crimes.

She said the unfortunate incident changed the discourse and brought the people of the state and the rest of the country together.

The chief minister said that she was in constant touch with BJP president Amit Shah and Madhav as well as Home Minister Rajnath Singh. "I want to thank people of Jammu for standing united against the gory crime," she said.

Madhav maintained that the two BJP leaders had gone to Kathua in March to pacify the public and also to look into the matter of the gruesome crime.

The girl was kidnapped on January 10 and her body was found on January 17. During investigation, the crime branch alleged that the girl was drugged and repeatedly raped before being killed by hitting her head with stones.

To a question that the two ministers had participated in the rally in support of the accused in the rape case where the national tricolour was being waved, Madhav said, "That is why they had to resign. During my visit last month here, I made it clear to everyone that in this matter no one speaks and let us allow the investigations to complete." "Certain amount of discretion should have been maintained. Certainly, there was a lack of discretion. Sometimes a lack of discretion does not tantamount of any guilt...that has led to certain misconceptions about them (two ministers) also, so they decided they will quit as ministers," he responded, when asked about the two ministers having termed the action of the Crime Branch as "jungle raj" and warned police from arresting anyone.

He cautioned that there should be no communal politics played over the ghastly crime and everyone should ensure speedy justice and exemplary punishment to the culprits.

Madhav accused the Congress party of playing double standards. "In Jammu, the Congress leaders are casting aspersion over the probe and their senior leaders were creating law and order situation through Bar Council," he alleged.

He said the Mehbooba Mufti-led coalition government in the state had been told to withdraw the directive concerning Tribal with regard to encroachments in Jammu.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...says-he-is-being-made-a-scapegoat-2605065/amp

So BJP hot shots ordered ministers to attend rally in support of accused. How shamelessly communal can the ruling party of India be that they didnt even spare an 8 year old.

Yes, i do think that the details were suppressed with the high "contacts" that accused had with the Jammu Police and also the Hindu Ekta Manch leaders. Thankfully, this case was handed to a SIT from Kashmir division of Police. The head of this investigation team is a honest Kashmiri Pandit afaik.

Today night there were 50-100 people marching with torchlight in support of Asifa in my village in Kerala. Not done for any media coverage but people are seriously outraged with what happened in Kashmir...nothing of this sort has happened before.

Situation must be condemned and the perpetrators must be dealt with a strong hand - not sure how likely this is given the current nature of the right wing fanatics in charge of India.

Astaghfirullah!!! inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raijioon.

How can someone do this to an 8 years old child??? People call them animals, but comparing these idiots to animals is like insulting the animals. This is a new level.

Poor little girl, what she have gone through before being killed. Oh Allah insaniyat hi khatam houti ja rahi hai. And imagine what her parents must be feeling, their little innocent girl going through these barbaric arts.

India voted for this fascist hindutva party in the name of development. If majority of India gives them absolute majority in the parliament, what the bjp critics can do? This is democracy, the numbers count and we have to wait for another 5years to throw them out. Not gonna riot against the govt and destroy the law and order of the country. We don't want India to become another Syria.

And you are comparing Britain with India which is a third world mess right now? Nothing happens through staight channels here. It's all about corruption and money. No honest leader will come up to the top of the system. Muslims are not united too under the same umbrella. They will only waken up when their faith is threatened.

If any non bjp (Congress/CPM) party does make an effort to help the ghetto muslims and dalits, then they are accused of muslim appeasement and caste politics by the BJP leadership and this will garner them more votes especially in north. Because of the big north Indian population, they have more representation in Parliament and decides who rules the Central govt. BJP has done extremely well to communally polarise our society and making it a dump **** like this.

If only Non BJP parties would have actually made efforts to uplift muslims and not treat them as vote bank. The reason why muslims lack a leader is because parties treat them as votebank and hence the leader's job is only to garner votes in the name of faith.

What did the country get from non bjp parties who have ruled for 55 years?

Are people expected to vote for Rahul Gandhi?

Why did these appeasement politics only start with Rajiv Gandhi? Why did no one accuse Indira Gandhi or Shastri or Nehru of it? The origin of this goes into the Shah Bano case. That was the tipping point that brought BJP which had 2 seats in 1984 to 282 seats in 2014. Appeasement happens because the feeling is that muslims will vote en bloc in the name of religion. BJP had no strength in Bengal, the CPM by and large kept away from appeasement, but the present govt has opened the doors of Bengal wide for Bjp with its biased policies.

Blaming only Bjp is wrong. They exist because hindus feel wronged and now think of voting on religious lines and that includes dalits. Blame this on politics of religion that started in 80s. This politics of religion needs to be rejected by everyone.

Muslims need better leaders and this country needs more options. Clearly Rahul Gandhi wont suffice.

Last edited:
[MENTION=2099]Cricket[/MENTION]joshilla the 2 seat theory of 1984 is **, the very reason they won only 2 seats in 1984 is because of sympathy factor Indira's death, Shah Bano is just a case nothing big, in that logic BJP has done blunders upon blunders from Babri Masjid demolition to Gujarat riots to what not.

Moraji Desai and and Charan Singh and all those stooges were the worst thing to happen to India and they couldn't hold the govn for even 2 years all foreign investment was off and mind you they were right wing even during that time.

[MENTION=2099]Cricket[/MENTION]joshilla the 2 seat theory of 1984 is **, the very reason they won only 2 seats in 1984 is because of sympathy factor Indira's death, Shah Bano is just a case nothing big, in that logic BJP has done blunders upon blunders from Babri Masjid demolition to Gujarat riots to what not.

Moraji Desai and and Charan Singh and all those stooges were the worst thing to happen to India and they couldn't hold the govn for even 2 years all foreign investment was off and mind you they were right wing even during that time.

No thats what the BJP would like us to believe. The Bharatiya Jan Sangh the precursor of Bjp never got even 10% of votes.Bjp was formed in 1980 after BJS which had joined other opposition to form Janta Party in 1977 had a poor outing in 1980 elections. The first time BJP got 10% votes was 1989 elections when it won 85 seats. The previous best was 35 in 1967 as BJS.

Shah Bano was very big. Because Rajiv Gandhi brought in a constituitional amendment to overturn a Supreme court judgement that was viewed constitutionally and socially good.

It was impressed upon the hindus that Congress holds the Islamic law to be above the constitution and while hindus are supposed to follow the law as made muslims can have the law made according to sharia.

The discontent among hindus was so widespread that to quell it Rajiv Gandhi made another stupid decision he opened the locks of RamJanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid and permitted worship. This gave BJP further ammunition and they started the Ram Mandir movement which was pretty much out of political and public discourse for years.

Seeing this Mulayam Singh Yadav who had won elections in UP in 1989 brutally crushed the BJP led Ram mandir movement in UP and many Kar Sevaks were killed in 1990. Bjp stormed to power in UP in 1991, 1st time in its history. Thats how BJPs rise started. Dont be fooled by their propoganda that they were popular before Shah Bano case. They were not.

[MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION] pointed out that muslims in India unite when someone says their faith is under attack. BJP used the same example to unite hindus.

Before 84, Elections in India were mainly fought on Poverty and regional issues.

Morarji was a congress guy. He only left it in 67 because he was sidelined by Indira.same with Charan Singh.

See as long as one side will try to get votes of one religion other side will try to get votes of the other religion. And the thing is except in Bihar and UP where Yadavs vote againist BJP hindu castes dont vote againist bjp as a regular policy. Even among muslims Shias seem to be voting for bjp.

The latest political gimmick of equating Dalits with Muslims and some how making them non hindus isnt going to work. The biggest icon of dalits Babasaheb Ambedkar was staunchly againist any islamization among dalits. Thats why when in the fag end of his life he converted to buddhism he mentioned it as a "Dharmic" religion.

Last edited:
No thats what the BJP would like us to believe. The Bharatiya Jan Sangh the precursor of Bjp never got even 10% of votes.Bjp was formed in 1980 after BJS which had joined other opposition to form Janta Party in 1977 had a poor outing in 1980 elections. The first time BJP got 10% votes was 1989 elections when it won 85 seats. The previous best was 35 in 1967 as BJS.

Shah Bano was very big. Because Rajiv Gandhi brought in a constituitional amendment to overturn a Supreme court judgement that was viewed constitutionally and socially good.

It was impressed upon the hindus that Congress holds the Islamic law to be above the constitution and while hindus are supposed to follow the law as made muslims can have the law made according to sharia.

The discontent among hindus was so widespread that to quell it Rajiv Gandhi made another stupid decision he opened the locks of RamJanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid and permitted worship. This gave BJP further ammunition and they started the Ram Mandir movement which was pretty much out of political and public discourse for years.

Seeing this Mulayam Singh Yadav who had won elections in UP in 1989 brutally crushed the BJP led Ram mandir movement in UP and many Kar Sevaks were killed in 1990. Bjp stormed to power in UP in 1991, 1st time in its history. Thats how BJPs rise started. Dont be fooled by their propoganda that they were popular before Shah Bano case. They were not.

[MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION] pointed out that muslims in India unite when someone says their faith is under attack. BJP used the same example to unite hindus.

Before 84, Elections in India were mainly fought on Poverty and regional issues.

Morarji was a congress guy. He only left it in 67 because he was sidelined by Indira.same with Charan Singh.

See as long as one side will try to get votes of one religion other side will try to get votes of the other religion. And the thing is except in Bihar and UP where Yadavs vote againist BJP hindu castes dont vote againist bjp as a regular policy. Even among muslims Shias seem to be voting for bjp.

The latest political gimmick of equating Dalits with Muslims and some how making them non hindus isnt going to work. The biggest icon of dalits Babasaheb Ambedkar was staunchly againist any islamization among dalits. Thats why when in the fag end of his life he converted to buddhism he mentioned it as a "Dharmic" religion.

Again read all texts Moraji Desai was right wing among Congress party of that time,one major reason for Shastri being promoted over him.

Jan Sangh and everyone were the right wing, they were not real socialists like JK Narayana who was useless as well, and all this Hindu mobilization happened only up North, East and South have not really cared about these things.

BJP did mobilize power saying religion is in trouble which wasn't the case and they lied, Muslims in India unite when their religion is in trouble for example under BJP, Shah Bano was poor on their case not denying I completely believe in uniform law although I want Beef ban, which one I would take(uniform law because it would save BJP from saying Hinduism is in trouble which is not the case).

And Ram Mandir movement had to be crushed ,saying 1992 Babri MAsjid happened coz Ram Mandir movement occured is saying like Khalistani movement is justified because Golden Temple occurred.

BJP and JDU are hardly diff they will always be right or the center no matter what.

Again read all texts Moraji Desai was right wing among Congress party of that time,one major reason for Shastri being promoted over him.

Jan Sangh and everyone were the right wing, they were not real socialists like JK Narayana who was useless as well, and all this Hindu mobilization happened only up North, East and South have not really cared about these things.

BJP did mobilize power saying religion is in trouble which wasn't the case and they lied, Muslims in India unite when their religion is in trouble for example under BJP, Shah Bano was poor on their case not denying I completely believe in uniform law although I want Beef ban, which one I would take(uniform law because it would save BJP from saying Hinduism is in trouble which is not the case).

And Ram Mandir movement had to be crushed ,saying 1992 Babri MAsjid happened coz Ram Mandir movement occured is saying like Khalistani movement is justified because Golden Temple occurred.

BJP and JDU are hardly diff they will always be right or the center no matter what.

Morarji was vocal, Shastri was soft spoken and was thought to be pliable thats why he was promoted. Morarji may have been right wing among the congress but not really right wing. Though i doubt he was right wing.

Jan Sangh was ofourse right wing. It was Bjp with a different name.

South was having a different anti congress movement, the Dravidian movement in 70s.

See up in the north its easy for BJP to sell the Hindus are in trouble narrative. The two main states UP and Bihar have the likes of Lalu and Mulayam who openly pander for muslim votes and allow the likes if Azam Khan and Shabbuddin to run riot. In the east now bjp is gaining because in Bengal Mamata is doing the same.

I believe in uniform law. And regarding beef it should not be banned. But since cows are holy to hindus, its slaughter should be regulated and done only in govt slaughter houses and beef sold through govt owned agencies.

Ofcourse Babri Masjid 1992 was due to Ram Mandir movement. Else no one had bothered about it for decades. It was just another court case. Rajiv Gandhi's 5 years are the most destructive 5 years in history of India. ShahBano,Ram Mandir,IPKF in Lanka and Kashmir 1987. History will not forgive him for this.

Khalistan movement led to Golden Temple incident not the other way around.

Thing is who if not Modi in 2019.

And regarding beef it should not be banned. But since cows are holy to hindus, its slaughter should be regulated and done only in govt slaughter houses and beef sold through govt owned agencies.

What is the benefit of Government regulated slaughter houses? Something to do with the methods in which the cow is killed?

What is the benefit of Government regulated slaughter houses? Something to do with the methods in which the cow is killed?

So that its done in places outside the populated areas and no communal incident is incited by such slaughtering.

Latest on the case:

1.Atleast one accused has provided a very credible alibi. He was present in his college appearing for exams. Attendance sheets have his signatures. Cctv footage has been seized.

2. All 8 accused have asked that they be made to undergo Narco Test.

3.Hindu Muslim angle ia being further incited as Kathua is a hindu majority district and Mehbooba Mufti sent in Kashmiri muslim policemen to supercede the probe by Jammu police. Its clear neither side trusts the other.

4.Supreme Court has ordered that the girls family and lawyer be provided security by govt.

5. Entire 150 hindus of Rasana hamlet have left the place citing police atrocity.

A Supreme Court monitored probe seems imminent and absolutely necessary.

Some old and new news regarding the rape issue in India:
1. Former Delhi BJP MLA Vijay Jolly booked for rape after victim alleges he drugged her drink
https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india...la-rape-case-sexual-assault-962208-2017-02-23

2. Four BJP leaders among accused in Gujarat rape case
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...used-in-Gujarat-rape-case/article17243603.ece

3. Gujarat BJP leader booked for rape
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-leader-jayesh-patel-booked-for-rape-2861797/

4. Court frames rape charges against BJP MLA, two others
https://www.hindustantimes.com/delh...-two-others/story-A3YQLzZccEwUiaEbq7k0xM.html

5. Karnataka rape case: Ex-minister Halappa arrested
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ppa-arrested/articleshow/5910459.cms?from=mdr

6. BJP MLA faces rape charge
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rape-charge/articleshow/25456565.cms?from=mdr

7. Maharashtra BJP leader Madhu Chavan booked for raping ex-party worker
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/wes...-for-raping-ex-party-worker-162274-2013-05-09

8. MP: BJP leader, aides booked for ‘raping’ Dalit woman over BPL card promise
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...im-for-help/story-7qldU6P4mk5dC45XHvYoVK.html

9. BJP corporator booked for rape in Mumbai
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...e-in-mumbai/articleshow/56692941.cms?from=mdr

10. Tribal girl gang raped by local BJP leader in Madhya Pradesh for 36 hours
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...jp-leader-in-madhya-pradesh-for-36-hours.html

11. Madhya Pradesh ex-minister Raghavji, accused of sexual abuse, arrested
https://www.ndtv.com/bhopal-news/ma...havji-accused-of-sexual-abuse-arrested-527827

12. BJP leader arrested for alleged molestation on flight
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ged-molestation-on-flight/article14376671.ece

13. MP BJP leader among six arrested for rape, trafficking of minor girl
https://www.hindustantimes.com/bhop...-minor-girl/story-ILdY4N1xVMgaZU7b5WDXhJ.html

14. Rape case puts Delhi Health Minister Harshvardhan in a spot
https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...ster-harshvardhan-in-a-spot-833796-1996-08-31

15. Rape case puts Delhi Health Minister Harshvardhan in a spot
https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...ster-harshvardhan-in-a-spot-833796-1996-08-31

16. Woman claims rape inside BJP office in MP
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...articleshow/17788070.cms?referral=PM&from=mdr

17. BJP leader arrested for raping daughter
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ng-daughter/story-mexPvdgci1rbBr5aUqmrKM.html

18. Chhattisgarh BJP legislator accused of rape, woman found dead at aide's house
https://www.ndtv.com/assembly/chhat...f-rape-woman-found-dead-at-aides-house-540525

19. Woman files rape case against BJP leader in Bengaluru
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...ape-case-against-bjp-leader-in-bengaluru.html

20. Chhattisgarh BJP neta 'raped', killed
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...aped-killed/articleshow/49707149.cms?from=mdr

21. BJP MLA Harak Singh Rawat booked in rape case - Know what happened
http://zeenews.india.com/news/uttar...-in-rape-case-know-what-happened_1913262.html

Latest on the case:

1.Atleast one accused has provided a very credible alibi. He was present in his college appearing for exams. Attendance sheets have his signatures. Cctv footage has been seized.

2. All 8 accused have asked that they be made to undergo Narco Test.

3.Hindu Muslim angle ia being further incited as Kathua is a hindu majority district and Mehbooba Mufti sent in Kashmiri muslim policemen to supercede the probe by Jammu police. Its clear neither side trusts the other.

4.Supreme Court has ordered that the girls family and lawyer be provided security by govt.

5. Entire 150 hindus of Rasana hamlet have left the place citing police atrocity.

A Supreme Court monitored probe seems imminent and absolutely necessary.

Why hindus have left when its muslims who are unsafe ?? I heard similar news in some parts of bengal and assam in recent months. Why hindus are leaving when they are supposed to terrorize them everywhere??
2nd i really hope this case get solved as soon as possible. Cbi enquiry,fbi enquiry or whatever. All the truth needs to come true for that little girl. Playing communal politics over that little girl is the last thing we need. May god help for all the truth to come out soon and expose politicians and criminals and help to give harsh punishments to them and set an example.

All I hear is "I am a Hindu and my grievances were ignored and Muslims were favoured " and as a Sikh I can tell you this is how the troubles in Punjab started with Sikhs thinking their grievances were being ignored.The blood of so many innocents was shed for nothing.
You BJP guys are inviting what happened in Punjab, only on a much larger scale.

"I Can Be Raped, Killed": Lawyer For Kathua Child's Family Alleges Threat

Srinagar: The lawyer representing the family of the eight-year-old raped and killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua has said she will go to the Supreme Court to request protection as there is a threat to her life. Deepika S Rajawat says she fears she can be "raped or killed".

"I don't know how long I will be alive. I can be raped...My modesty can be outraged. I can be killed, I can be damaged. I was threatened yesterday that 'we will not forgive you'. I am going to tell the Supreme Court tomorrow that I am in danger," Ms Rajawat said on Sunday.

Source: https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www....t-alleges-threat-1838052?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

For many people this might be looking like an unreal movie script but these Chanakya neetis (wicked policies) of Indian govts. is a norm in J&K.

[MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION] [MENTION=141093]big_gamer007[/MENTION] Now you can give up hope upon Men of the country.

It pointless.

I think I am going to take a break from TP section else I’ll become depressed.. It’s easier to live in a country like India where you don’t know much about the daily happenings going on..

Some old and new news regarding the rape issue in India:
1. Former Delhi BJP MLA Vijay Jolly booked for rape after victim alleges he drugged her drink
https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india...la-rape-case-sexual-assault-962208-2017-02-23

2. Four BJP leaders among accused in Gujarat rape case
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...used-in-Gujarat-rape-case/article17243603.ece

3. Gujarat BJP leader booked for rape
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-leader-jayesh-patel-booked-for-rape-2861797/

4. Court frames rape charges against BJP MLA, two others
https://www.hindustantimes.com/delh...-two-others/story-A3YQLzZccEwUiaEbq7k0xM.html

5. Karnataka rape case: Ex-minister Halappa arrested
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ppa-arrested/articleshow/5910459.cms?from=mdr

6. BJP MLA faces rape charge
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rape-charge/articleshow/25456565.cms?from=mdr

7. Maharashtra BJP leader Madhu Chavan booked for raping ex-party worker
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/wes...-for-raping-ex-party-worker-162274-2013-05-09

8. MP: BJP leader, aides booked for ‘raping’ Dalit woman over BPL card promise
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...im-for-help/story-7qldU6P4mk5dC45XHvYoVK.html

9. BJP corporator booked for rape in Mumbai
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...e-in-mumbai/articleshow/56692941.cms?from=mdr

10. Tribal girl gang raped by local BJP leader in Madhya Pradesh for 36 hours
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...jp-leader-in-madhya-pradesh-for-36-hours.html

11. Madhya Pradesh ex-minister Raghavji, accused of sexual abuse, arrested
https://www.ndtv.com/bhopal-news/ma...havji-accused-of-sexual-abuse-arrested-527827

12. BJP leader arrested for alleged molestation on flight
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ged-molestation-on-flight/article14376671.ece

13. MP BJP leader among six arrested for rape, trafficking of minor girl
https://www.hindustantimes.com/bhop...-minor-girl/story-ILdY4N1xVMgaZU7b5WDXhJ.html

14. Rape case puts Delhi Health Minister Harshvardhan in a spot

15. Rape case puts Delhi Health Minister Harshvardhan in a spot

16. Woman claims rape inside BJP office in MP
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...articleshow/17788070.cms?referral=PM&from=mdr

17. BJP leader arrested for raping daughter
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ng-daughter/story-mexPvdgci1rbBr5aUqmrKM.html

18. Chhattisgarh BJP legislator accused of rape, woman found dead at aide's house
https://www.ndtv.com/assembly/chhat...f-rape-woman-found-dead-at-aides-house-540525

19. Woman files rape case against BJP leader in Bengaluru
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...ape-case-against-bjp-leader-in-bengaluru.html

20. Chhattisgarh BJP neta 'raped', killed
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...aped-killed/articleshow/49707149.cms?from=mdr

21. BJP MLA Harak Singh Rawat booked in rape case - Know what happened
http://zeenews.india.com/news/uttar...-in-rape-case-know-what-happened_1913262.html

WTH??? So many incidents just involving BJP politicians? This can't really be true?

WTH??? So many incidents just involving BJP politicians? This can't really be true?

Even bigger list can be done for Congress & Communists..you can get even more.All political parties have criminals.Heck even Rahul Gandhi was accused of rape in 2006/7

Even bigger list can be done for Congress & Communists..you can get even more.All political parties have criminals.Heck even Rahul Gandhi was accused of rape in 2006/7

These are 27 incidents involving BJP, please provide 56 (28 + 28) incidents for Congress and Communists respectively, thank you

These are 27 incidents involving BJP, please provide 56 (28 + 28) incidents for Congress and Communists respectively, thank you

Use Google.Any one can create a list and send.But whoever lives in India know fully well about our politics.

Heck even Rahul Gandhi was accused of rape case.

I have no words. I am simply heart broken seeing this.

I don't know if you read the article, but it would make your blood turn cold. Not this case itself, but just the general attitude to rape, seems it is something to laugh about and a burgeoning business in the video trade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-43781871

India child gang rape trial begins in fast-track court

Eight men accused of the rape, torture and murder of an eight-year-old Muslim girl in Indian-administered Kashmir have pleaded not guilty in a specially convened fast-track court.

The body of the victim, who belonged to a Muslim nomadic tribe, was found in a forest on 17 January near Kathua city of Indian-administered Kashmir.

Outrage over the case has been growing.

The trial began amid reports of another child being raped and murdered in the western state of Gujarat.

The victim in this case is yet to be identified, but a police report detailing the extent of the injuries inflicted on her has been making headlines in the country.

Search for the news on BBC Facebook, and check the comments for this article. Hinduism and BJP are under full attack by social media.

That poor kid, breaks my heart, I hope the perpetrators are brought to justice, all should be sentenced to DEATH and that too instantly on the day they are convicted... ***** ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. May Allah ta'ala grant that child and her parents the highest ranks of Paradise.

I sincerely hope that India has the death penalty and these rabid dogs are put down ASAP, InshAllah. They will not enjoy what awaits them in Hell.

One more thing, the only support these monsters are getting must be from monsters themselves. There is no way, no shread of justification that anyone can provide for what these eight did to an eight-year old child.

The fact that it was eight of them and they targetted a child shows how pathetic and weak such monsters really are. That girl had more courage than their entire progeny.

Quite pathetic to read some of the posts here which makes it clear that to some posters, the suffering that a child went through is linked to the religio-political points that can be scored.

Search for the news on BBC Facebook, and check the comments for this article. Hinduism and BJP are under full attack by social media.

Quite pathetic to read some of the posts here which makes it clear that to some posters, the suffering that a child went through is linked to the religio-political points that can be scored.

I would think the issue is bigger than what a few posters are saying on a cricket message board. These sort of incidents need to be broadcast and publicised throughout the world, that is the only way the authorities will be shamed into addressing such disgusting behaviour.

I would think the issue is bigger than what a few posters are saying on a cricket message board. These sort of incidents need to be broadcast and publicised throughout the world, that is the only way the authorities will be shamed into addressing such disgusting behaviour.

Think I know how things work. Without contacts, power, pressure or public opinion, serious issues don't necessarily go the just path. Especially in my country, but think that applies in a lot of the world too.

But over the last few days all I've seen are bandwagons, starting with celebs who woke up to this only now despite the Indian Express (if not other outlets) reporting this back in Feb.

My point was and is about the narrow and petty viewpoints of some people who can't seem to think beyond how another religion or country can be brought down a few notches.

Last edited:
What happened to that case?

Victim denied any wrongdoing by RG in court.May be its false but who knows we are talking about most influential political family in India that also when they are ruling.If a I am not mistaken victim was from a congress family.

Think I know how things work. Without contacts, power, pressure or public opinion, serious issues don't necessarily go the just path. Especially in my country, but think that applies in a lot of the world too.

But over the last few days all I've seen are bandwagons, starting with celebs who woke up to this only now despite the Indian Express (if not other outlets) reporting this back in Feb.

My point was and is about the narrow and petty viewpoints of some people who can't seem to think beyond how another religion or country can be brought down a few notches.

Exactly.Most of the keyboard warriors will move on by next week.There is another child rape in Odisha with similar torture but not much tears for that kid :(

Victim denied any wrongdoing by RG in court.May be its false but who knows we are talking about most influential political family in India that also when they are ruling.If a I am not mistaken victim was from a congress family.

Didnt victim disappear?

Exactly.Most of the keyboard warriors will move on by next week.There is another child rape in Odisha with similar torture but not much tears for that kid :(

There weren't any tears for Asifa either until recently, the people involved have kept going for a long time before something happened. Rape is a huge problem in India and every such case should be highlighted and speedy punishment delivered

There are not enough days in a year, or even a life time, to discuss every rape case that occurs in India on a daily basis.

Here's the reality, the story in the OP would've passed as *just another rape case* in India given the number of cases that occur. In India such a story wouldn't make the back pages, this is why you have users in the thread admitting to the fact they only heard of this case a few days ago.

Thank God for social media I say!

'She Is a Woman, How Intelligent Can She Be?' Kathua Defence Lawyer on Woman Investigator
New Delhi: The defence counsel in Kathua rape case has raised further questions on the Jammu and Kashmir Police's probe into the brutal rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl, saying the investigation was led by a woman officer and that it was beyond her "intelligence" to work on this case.

Jammu-based advocate, Ankur Sharma who is appearing for five out of the eight accused in the case, told News18 that since she is a "woman and a new officer, she was misguided by someone".

This comes after several reports talked of the hurdles faced by Shwetambri Sharma, the lone woman officer in the Special Investigative Team (SIT) of the Crime Branch.

Sharma who investigated the rape and murder of the Bakerwal girl recently spoke on the hurdles she faced while uncovering the gory details of the minor's abduction, rape and subsequent death.

The January incident shook the collective consciousness of the nation three months later when the police finally filed its chargesheet detailing the conspiracy and unfolding of the crime.

On Tuesday, Sharma took to a new low and said, "Shwetambri kya hai, ladki hai. Uska kitna hi dimaag hoga (What is Shwetambri, she is a girl, how intelligent can she be?) She is a new officer and by showing her a few circumstantial evidences, some people made her believe that the crime has been committed in this fashion."

The lawyer further added that the police officers and bureaucrats are just "mere puppets". "If she faced so many hurdles, why didn't she inform her superiors about it?" asked the lawyer.

Sharma has also claimed that the entire investigation by the Crime Branch was botched up as witnesses were tortured to extract favourable statements.

“All witnesses examined by the Crime Branch have stated that they were tortured by the police and were always told what to say and what not to say. Around 40 to 50 people have said that they have been tortured by the crime branch to give favourable statements,” said the lawyer.

Explaining his stand that witnesses were being tortured, Sharma said that the initial version of the Crime Branch was that accused Vishal Jangotra, who was in Meerut along with his friends, had given his phone to three of his friends so that the tower location could not be detected. The Crime Branch had said that these friends would mark Vishal’s attendance in college while he was in Kathua, taking part in the rape and murder.

“These three friends of Jangotra were continuously tortured by the police for close to 10-15 days and a confession was forced. But when they gave their statement under Section 164A of the Criminal Procedure Code in front of the judicial magistrate, they narrated a detailed scenario of how they were tortured. They also said that Vishal was in Meerut appearing for his examinations. The students said that they were together even during Lohri. They also gave details of an ATM they visited so that the CCTV footage from there can establish that Vishal was not in Kathua. This all was stated in front of the magistrate,” said Sharma.

The eight-year-old went missing on January 10 from near her residence in Rasana village of Hiranagar in Jammu’s Kathua district. After the police failed to recover her amid allegations of kidnapping, which rattled a session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, she was found dead on January 17.

The abduction, rape and killing of the Bakerwal girl was part of a carefully planned strategy to remove the minority nomadic community from the area, revealed the 15-page chargesheet filed by the J&K Police’s Crime Branch in the Chief Judicial Magistrate’s court.

It lists the caretaker of the Devisthan, a small temple, in Rasana village in Kathua, as the main conspirator behind the abduction, rape and killing.

Sanji Ram was allegedly joined by special police officers Deepak Khajuria and Surender Verma, friend Parvesh Kumar alias Mannu, Ram’s nephew, a juvenile, and his son Vishal Jangotra alias “Shamma” in committing the crime
https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/she-is-a-woman-how-intelligent-can-she-be-kathua-defence-lawyer-on-woman-investigator-1721257.html?__twitter_impression=true

There are not enough days in a year, or even a life time, to discuss every rape case that occurs in India on a daily basis.

Here's the reality, the story in the OP would've passed as *just another rape case* in India given the number of cases that occur. In India such a story wouldn't make the back pages, this is why you have users in the thread admitting to the fact they only heard of this case a few days ago.

Precisely. Maybe instead of complaining about a few posters discussing these issues ( along with many others) we should question why they keep cropping up? Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge they are happening and use the public pressure generated by the publicity to get rid of them from Indian society rather than worry about how they make you look?

All I hear is "I am a Hindu and my grievances were ignored and Muslims were favoured " and as a Sikh I can tell you this is how the troubles in Punjab started with Sikhs thinking their grievances were being ignored.The blood of so many innocents was shed for nothing.

countdown to genocide. There is a precedent for this...

Just wait for a week more such cases just pass by.

As an Indian i am allowed to put forward my grievances and demand equal treatment. Thats the law of the land. If a political party fails that i can vote againist it. If a govt agency fails it i can move the court.

Where does wanting to have my grievances addressed include shedding blood?

As an Indian i am allowed to put forward my grievances and demand equal treatment. Thats the law of the land. If a political party fails that i can vote againist it. If a govt agency fails it i can move the court.

Where does wanting to have my grievances addressed include shedding blood?

He should listen to his own advice if Congress and other so called secular parties didn’t appease minorities too much for votes we wouldn’t have been in this position.

He should listen to his own advice if Congress and other so called secular parties didn’t appease minorities too much for votes we wouldn’t have been in this position.

So it was minorities fault for crimes like this? Congress was appeasing them and that led to backlash...is that what you are saying?

If the govt is going to take strong action against this rapists asap, i guess they do care about the people's concern. Otherwise everyone should make it a point to boot out this govt in the next general elections. No matter what big claims they make, if they can't deliver justice to the rape victims they don't deserve to sit there and loot our money. Bhad me jao development.....

If the govt is going to take strong action against this rapists asap, i guess they do care about the people's concern. Otherwise everyone should make it a point to boot out this govt in the next general elections. No matter what big claims they make, if they can't deliver justice to the rape victims they don't deserve to sit there and loot our money. Bhad me jao development.....

What development? All show and no go like most governments

The issue is getting global coverage now. Here is what washington post had to say today

An 8-year-old girl’s gang rape and murder trigger new outrage over India’s rape culture

The case — one more devastating example of child rape and killing in a country where such crimes are rising — attracted little attention until last week, when police charged seven men and one juvenile, including four police officers, in the girl’s death. Police allege that the men kidnapped Asifa as she tended to her family’s horses, held her for days in a remote shrine and raped her repeatedly before killing her.

Asifa was Muslim. Her alleged assailants are Hindu, a circumstance ripe for conflict in a Hindu-dominated area in one of the most polarized states in India, where religious tensions and nationalism are rising under the conservative government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

In the same week, a lawmaker from Modi’s governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was arrested and charged with raping a teenager in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The rape cases pierced the public consciousness in a way unseen since the 2012 rape and murder of a college student that resulted in widespread calls for tighter rape laws in India.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0a403e4720a_story.html?utm_term=.5d5c7145560a

On one hand the PM of a nation calls a simple ball tampering issue a national shame and on the other hand we have some people in our country who can even go to the extent of defending such heinous crimes.

DCW chief Swati Maliwal, who is on hunger strike for seven days, said on Wednesday that she would continue her fast till PM Narendra Modi accepts her demands for death penalty for rapes of minors and setting up fast-track courts to complete the trial in such cases in six months.

I hope somebody from power do address this issue immediately..It's about the safety of all Indian women and children.

226364-swati-1.jpg

DCW chief Swati Maliwal, who is on hunger strike for seven days, said on Wednesday that she would continue her fast till PM Narendra Modi accepts her demands for death penalty for rapes of minors and setting up fast-track courts to complete the trial in such cases in six months.

I hope somebody from power do address this issue immediately..It's about the safety of all Indian women and children.

View attachment 80867

Thanks to that gandhi for starting this method of hunger strike blackmail, which Baba Saheb Ambedkar, the Real father of the Nation, called the language of anarchy. Let this person starve with her fast, but institutions should follow the due course with proper investigation.

So it was minorities fault for crimes like this? Congress was appeasing them and that led to backlash...is that what you are saying?

You should read posts in context.He said current situation leads to bloodshed so I said he thinks why Hindus may need to support a party which doesn’t appease Muslims alone.End If day everything have a cause.

You should read posts in context.He said current situation leads to bloodshed so I said he thinks why Hindus may need to support a party which doesn’t appease Muslims alone.End If day everything have a cause.

Which party appeases Muslims alone? If you are talking about the Congress party, the same poster often accuses them of being just as bad for pandering to Hindutvas as the BJP. In fact many Indian posters have said this.

Which party appeases Muslims alone? If you are talking about the Congress party, the same poster often accuses them of being just as bad for pandering to Hindutvas as the BJP. In fact many Indian posters have said this.

Lol,what? Congress party appeased Muslims by just promise they hardly fulfill most promises,still Muslims vote them again and again. After BJP started winning slowly and now decisively Congress started temple run to fool Hindus too.

On one hand the PM of a nation calls a simple ball tampering issue a national shame and on the other hand we have some people in our country who can even go to the extent of defending such heinous crimes.

The PM who used ball tampering issue for avoiding tougher questions on human rights.That PM have back to back poor ratings by voters and also facing corruption charges.

Two more girls dead as India’s rape epidemic reaches 100 attacks a day

Two more girls dead as India’s rape epidemic reaches 100 attacks a day

The rape and murder of two more young girls has deepened a sense of national crisis around India’s sexual assault epidemic.

Their savagery has horrified a nation still reeling from attacks on two other children that came to light last week, triggering nationwide protests.

As Narendra Modi, the prime minister, arrived in London yesterday to attend the Commonwealth heads of government meeting, a storm was gathering around his administration’s failure to tackle the problem at home.

The mutilated body of a girl aged between nine and 11 was found in grass beside a cricket pitch in the city of Surat and a police post-mortem examination found that she had been tortured and raped for more than a week before she was killed. Her body had more than 80 wounds and she had been assaulted with sticks.

Further west, in the northern town of Etah, a seven-year-old girl was abducted from a wedding and raped and murdered on Monday. She vanished while her mother and father were distracted for a moment during the party. After a search of several hours, her body was found on a nearby building site.

The cases show that India’s rape culture has not been affected by the uproar and soul-searching that followed the two cases that emerged last week. One of those, in the disputed region of Kashmir, involved a Muslim shepherd girl who was kidnapped, raped and tortured in the basement of a Hindu temple, inflaming religious tensions in the febrile region, scene of a bloody 30-year insurgency against Indian rule.

In the second case, an official in Mr Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is accused of raping a teenage girl in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. When police refused for months to register a case against the politician the girl set herself on fire outside the state capital. Her father was arrested and apparently beaten to death in custody.

Mr Modi was criticised for his response to last week’s two cases. His party has been accused of harbouring and protecting rapists and his political opponents accuse him of fleeing the country in a crisis.

In the Kashmir case, eight Hindu men, including several police officers, have been arrested and charged. Under interrogation they confessed to plotting the attack in an attempt to terrorise the girl’s nomadic Muslim community and drive them off Hindu-owned land.

Mr Modi did break his silence on the cases on Friday, vowing that no offender would be spared and pledging justice for “our daughters”. Women’s rights groups attacked his choice of words as patronising, accusing him of reinforcing the patriarchy that underpins discrimination towards Indian women.

Even within the BJP dissent is rising. Yashwant Sinha, a party leader, wrote in a newspaper: “Women are more unsafe today than ever before . . . and instead of acting strictly against the rapists, we have become their apologists.”

Reported rapes continue to rise and a case this week underscores the difficulty of enforcing India’s laws in the face of endemic corruption and indifference.

A teenager who was kidnapped and gang-raped last year has taken legal action against her parents for taking a bribe from her alleged attackers in an attempt to force her to change her statement. The girl told police that her parents had accepted 500,000 rupees (£5,300) and urged her to drop the case. The teenager has left home and is fighting both cases while living in a refuge.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-rape-culture-asifa-bano-modi-india-vqdhs2qkh

There was a 4 month old girl raped and killed by some relative.

Police were reduced to tears when handling her.

:(

The cases show that India’s rape culture has not been affected by the uproar and soul-searching that followed the two cases that emerged last week. One of those, in the disputed region of Kashmir, involved a Muslim shepherd girl who was kidnapped, raped and tortured in the basement of a Hindu temple, inflaming religious tensions in the febrile region, scene of a bloody 30-year insurgency against Indian rule.

Must be horrible to see your country described as one where rape has become synonymous with the country's culture. Interesting to see some of the comments connecting this with the female infanticide which is widely practised in India giving a skewed balance of males to females. Until women are equally valued as men, this is not going to be addressed properly. The whole mindset needs shifting.

India seeks death penalty for child rapists

Good Job, India. This law should be implemented all across the Globe.

India's Cabinet has passed an executive order to make the rape of a girl under 12 punishable by the death penalty as national outrage grows over sexual violence in the country.

"A rape is a rape. How can we tolerate this torture with our daughters? You are always questioning your daughters, why don't you ask the same questions to your sons? I believe this is the evil of not just the individual but also of the society," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/21/asia/india-death-penalty-child-rape-intl/index.html

Back