Australia (352/7) defeat India (286/10) by 66 runs in in a consolation win - India win series 2-1

daytrader

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
India go into their last game ahead of the home ODI World Cup with several boxes ticked over the past week. This final fixture was meant to serve as a dress rehearsal for their first World Cup game against Australia on October 8 in Chennai, but they go into it with a severely depleted squad. Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are back though, and will have India's first-ever ODI series whitewash against Australia on their agenda while adding to their momentum on the road to the showpiece event.

Australia, one of the favourites for the World Cup, have had a contrasting run of form. They arrived in India at the back after losing three successive ODIs against South Africa and have proceeded to add two more to the defeats column. Sean Abbott reckoned Australia's dismal show in India had been down to lack of execution despite doing 'some right things' along the way.

Another defeat might still not mean much in the grander scheme of things as far as the World Cup is concerned for the five-time champions, but a win on Wednesday in Rajkot will do a world of good to the morale before they move to another daunting venue - Chennai - for their opener.

When: India vs Australia, 3rd ODI, September 27, 13:30 IST

Where: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot

What to expect: More runs, no rains. A sunny day with temperatures touching 35 degrees Celsius is expected. The flat deck at the venue should aid batters again. In four out of the six ODI innings at the venue, the 300-mark has been breached. The last ODI there in January 2020 - incidentally between India and Australia - saw the hosts score 340 and the visitors respond with 304.

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Indian cricket team skipper Rohit Sharma said on Tuesday that he has just 13 players to choose from for the final ODI match against Australia in Rajkot. Shubman Gill was not available for selection after the squad was hit by a viral sickness while fast bowlers Shardul Thakur and Mohammed Shami along with all-rounder Hardik Pandya opted to go back home. While there is not much tension among the team management as the side has already sealed the three-match series against Australia, they would like all the players to regain match fitness in time for the upcoming Cricket World Cup 2023.

“We have got a lot of players who are sick and not available, a lot of players have personal problems so they have gone home and a few of the guys have been rested as well. We have got 13 players at this point in time,” said Rohit during the pre-match press meet.

“Obviously, Gill has been rested, Shami, Hardik and Shardul have all gone home…again, personal things. Axar, obviously, is not available for this game,” Rohit said.

Rohit said the viral sickness going around the group too has added to the uncertainty.

“There is a bit of viral going around in the team as well. So, there is a lot of uncertainty in the team at this point in time which we cannot help,” he added.

Axar Patel is recuperating at NCA from the left quadricep injury that he suffered during the Asia Cup.

“Looking at the next few weeks it is quite important for us to look after the players and their well-being."

“So, it is okay for them to be at home at this point — the reason being we want everybody to be fresh during the World Cup and hopefully they can come back fresh,” he said.

NDTV

Would like to stamp their authority all over Australia with a whitewash. Would give us Indian fans confidence ahead of the World Cup.

Difficult to gauge how good we are based on Asia Cup.

I could see India winning and then Australia beating them in the World Cup match. Australia becomes a different beast in World Cups.

It rains everywhere in India summer is the best time to play cricket in india 2011 world cup played in summer

So Autralia have lost 5 ODIs on trot now, not often this happens?

So Autralia have lost 5 ODIs on trot now, not often this happens?
They were lost too many T20 matches and series before 2021T20 world cup But they won the the T20 WC .this is becouse they don't Play full strength team most of time in bilateral series and giving chance to bench strength .

They were lost too many T20 matches and series before 2021T20 world cup But they won the the T20 WC .this is becouse they don't Play full strength team most of time in bilateral series and giving chance to bench strength .
To try your bench strength is a good thing before such a huge tournament. It will give your players confidence that tey can replace the top players anytime when required and do well. Aussies are mentally very strong so they can bounce back in world cups after losing a couple of bilateral series.

No, they are playing second-string now because of injuries and fitness issues. Not out of choice. They lost in Gros Islet and Mirpur without a few first choice players back in 2021 and everyone thought they were weak in T20I's. But NZ also lost in Mirpur after that. And once Maxwell, Stoinis, Warner , Starc and Cummins came back and they got better conditions to bat in Dubai, they chased down a then record Dubai score i think.

Australia fielding a decent side today. Actually both side fielding strong teams.

Australia: 1 Mitchell Marsh, 2 David Warner, 3 Steven Smith, 4 Marnus Labuschagne, 5 Alex Carey (wk), 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Cameron Green, 8 Pat Cummins (capt), 8 Mitchell Starc, 10 Tanveer Sangha, 11 Josh Hazlewood

India: 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 Virat Kohli, 3 Shreyas Iyer, 4 KL Rahul (wk), 5 Suryakumar Yadav, 6 Ravindra Jadeja, 7 Washington Sundar, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Jasprit Bumrah, 10 Mohammed Siraj, 11 Prasidh Krishna

I think this is going to one sided match where Australia is destroying india .

Yes but Sundar also can bat so ts fine.this is what we are testing
Don't think Sundar will get a game this wc. I think even if India opts for the 3 spinners it will be Ashwin ahead of Sundar. Might as well have given Ashwin some more game time

Don't think Sundar will get a game this wc. I think even if India opts for the 3 spinners it will be Ashwin ahead of Sundar. Might as well have given Ashwin some more game time
One of Sundar/ Ash / Axar is going to selected for world cup 15 members team

I think Kl rahul and sharma will open and Shreyas will bat no.4.
Play both Rahul and Iyer in middle order only . Let's open with Rohit and Virat as Virat is most likely to face new ball when one of opener get out early

Play both Rahul and Iyer in middle order only . Let's open with Rohit and Virat as Virat is most likely to face new ball when one of opener get out early
Virat has done well while opening in t20 but I am not sure about the odi's. He can open surely.

Likely but you never know what is Indian team management think
Ashwin is ahead of sundar and axar. He got experience and i think ashwin will do much better. Otherwise no point to select ashwin for aus series. Jadeja and ashwin combo always work for india

Ashwin is ahead of sundar and axar. He got experience and i think ashwin will do much better. Otherwise no point to select ashwin for aus series. Jadeja and ashwin combo always work for india
Both only can play when India going to play three spinners as Kuldeep is our first choice spinner

Mitch Marsh terrific batsman...taking Bumrah to the smithereens

March and warner are slaughtering the Indian bowler. Fantastic hitting.
AUS 37/0 after 4 overs

Australia is giving mental blow to India before 8th October game. This game itself has not much at stake but its all about carrying the momentum on to the world cup.

Australia is giving mental blow to India before 8th October game. This game itself has not much at stake but its all about carrying the momentum on to the world cup.
Its good for us if they beat india today. So we can correct our mistakes before important game

If Bumrah and Siraj can't get any movement, you know its a flat pitch

Anyways these Aussies are quick learners. A team like Pakistan would still have played tuk tuk here.

When world's no.1 bowler is bowling with long ON and deep point in his third over

Indeed, but at the same time, that's what I like about Rohit's captaincy. Thinks outside the box when things don't go his way. Now the Indian bowlers are bowling short to contain the Aussies
Always adapting the strategy. This is what Babar lacks imo

50 up for Australia, T20 batting this. That’s why they should have included Tim David.

Good old trundlers for India bowling here.

Prasidh Krishna is one of those hundreds of trundlers we have produced over the years. Atrocious bowler

Warner was 2 from 9 and now he is on 42 from 26 lol

Where is that Chahar guy? Thought he bowled well the little I saw from him.

Indeed, but at the same time, that's what I like about Rohit's captaincy. Thinks outside the box when things don't go his way. Now the Indian bowlers are bowling short to contain the Aussies
Always adapting the strategy. This is what Babar lacks imo
I meant that is how flat the pitch is. It has forced Rohit to change his plans so quickly. These tier 2 cities in India produce the most flattest tracks in world

50 up for Australia, T20 batting this. That’s why they should have included Tim David.

Good old trundlers for India bowling here.
One game and all the Pakistani fans came here to bashed india .lol

One game and all the Pakistani fans came here to bashed india .lol
Oh get lost. I have been on this forum for 15 years and keep my posts balanced on cricket. Has nothing to do with being a Pakistani.

This is why you never count out Australia, they are resilient and their full strength team will always be contenders.

Everyone writing them off is kidding themselves.

Oh get lost. I have been on this forum for 15 years and keep my posts balanced on cricket. Has nothing to do with being a Pakistani.
Whenever is India doing well then thread is going nowhere but whenever India getting phainti thread is going like bullet train.

1695804667536.png
@ MP2011 Kohli will not be an issue if he bats at No.4 or 5, We can't discard him altogether, if we wan't to be strict then Rohit should have been dropped from LOIs maybe 2 years back when he was doing fine in test matches and declining in LOIs. Now he has lost touch in all forms of cricket. Kohli becomes a problem, if he bats @ No.3 + favors his buddies. If he takes a secondary role and plays for the team with others taking the lead then he should be fine. But Indian selectors and management are not this sharp...

Attachments

• 1695804628549.png
    1695804628549.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Back