Australia comfortably placed on 346/5 at end of Day 1 of the 1st Test against Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only catching was better and a tiny more luck in first session where Warner had major escape to third slip. Score would have been way different. Overall not as bad with this attack for first day in Australia. Keep them to 400 and then aim for 350 plus we can be in the game.

I am not entirely convinced this is a flat pitch based on 350 odd runs 5 down.

Would like to see Australia bowl on it before making the hasty judgment that pitch is flat.

I think Pakistani bowlers missed their lengths for most of the 1st day. If you persistently bowl fast and in the right areas, there is plenty of help for bowlers to get those nicks and edges.

Would like to see Australia bowl on it before making the hasty judgment that pitch is flat.

I think Pakistani bowlers missed their lengths for most of the 1st day. If you persistently bowl fast and in the right areas, there is plenty of help for bowlers to get those nicks and edges.
It's not a flat pitch at all.

Pak batters will either be nicking off to the slips or done by the short ball

Shaheen bowling slower than Amir at the age of 21
He is not fully fit , carrying a niggle and need to be rested for a 2 month period to get back full fitness and in rhythm , but unfortunately PCB is brainless and they destroy their bowlers by milking them to the core...

Look what they have done 4 pacers and 1 part time spinner, asking the pacers to bowl 20 overs a day, If Aus put on 500+ tmw then he might end up bowling 35-40 overs in 1 inns, it will break him more...

Haris rauf was totally right in moving away from the tests, because that will hinder his white ball career.. Wahab tried to end his career by throwing him in tests, he has grudge over him because he took his place of pace bowling and Wahab couldnt get back in to the team.

On the plus side it was refreshing to hear the commentators praising a Pakistani fielding captain for a change.

'Eyes on the ball' is such a cliche.
Facing the heavens, closing both eyes and hoping for the best is the way it is done.

1702570365233.png

Last edited by a moderator:

You can never judge that even on a flat wicket because Australian bowling is superior to Pakistan. Regardless of wicket

Shaheen Afridi is the main culprit, this is his third tour of Australia and by now he should know which line, lengths are required in Australia. The other three bowlers were inexperienced in Australian conditions but they did the best they could with their skill sets.

7 dropped catches on day 1 was my last count.
Who dropped who in those 7 catches? Cricinfo commentary is saying 2 dropped catches and a very tough stumping was missed.

I turned off the TV after Abdullah Shafiq dropped Usman Kahwaja... in the picture above.

This Pakistan bowling attack is embarrassing to watch.

Cricket board is to blame. I am so annoyed that some of the decent pacers from under 19 have been allowed to be part of the PSL circus. We are only going downhill from here on.

Shaheen Afridi is the main culprit, this is his third tour of Australia and by now he should know which line, lengths are required in Australia. The other three bowlers were inexperienced in Australian conditions but they did the best they could with their skill sets.
Shaheen has turned into a T20 bowler I am afraid.

Westindies last year scored 333 and 250 plus here in Perth. This is just a true bounce wicket, assist spinner in 4th and 5th day. We should have played Sajid Khan. Still restrict Aus to 400, somehow match Aus 1st Inning. Then Pak may draw this test.

If Babar Azam was captain, Australia would have been 380/1. Good start from Shan, there's only so much you can get from a bowling line-up made up of unfit and incompetent age fudgers.

Pakistan need to bat for atleast 4 sessions and ensure that they save the follow on, Put Australia into bat again and hope they bat longer. That's the only way possible of squeezing a draw here.

Shan as captain has to lead by example with the bat and go after Starc ruthlessly i.e. cut, pull and hook him. The captain leading by example in this manner will inspire the team and set the tone for the rest of the series.

Shan as captain has to lead by example with the bat and go after Starc ruthlessly i.e. cut, pull and hook him. The captain leading by example in this manner will inspire the team and set the tone for the rest of the series.
Starc has a real good record first up on this ground in Test. Pakistan should take a leaf out of Warner's book. Attack but be sensible. Don't go in every over.

I think we fought well but we will struggle to score more than 250 here. Could even collapse to a tiny score.

Keeping them around 400 will be good, but I suspect it's plenty of runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back