Australia comfortably placed on 346/5 at end of Day 1 of the 1st Test against Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. Brain fade by Head. So all it was needed was random 3rd man fielder.

Good captaincy by Shan

Another 100 runs and Australia will have shut Pakistan out of this Test .

After that , it will be about crushing whatever little spirit is left in PAK team by putting them out there for as long as possible.
we have batsmen, not a set of ten pins

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan have taken 4 wickets

More than what they took 4 years ago in the whole series
I think the bowlers with their limited ability have done well apart from Jamal. Just that there have been drop chances. Australia at this point could've been 6 down with Warner back in the hut.

Pak has done well except 2 catch drops and a stumping chance.

Wicket is not easy to bat on as it looks.

Pakistan's planning in recent years has been very good across formats
It's only the lack of skills to execute that is holding them back .

Oh chal Mama we have batsmen, not a set of ten pins

It doesn't matter, your team will be spent and they'll struggle for the rest of the series . This script has run far too many times to fail now.

1 wicket and the game is 50/50 again.

We just cannot bowl to Warner. The rest has been ok.

Agha bowling like it’s ODI cricket

Be brave!!!

It’s a huge hit to cow corner

Any other spinner would have done the same as Salman is doing atm. Actually, he kept the Aussie Batters in check.

@Rana ji chill Pakistan taken 4 Wickets when run already scored 310+ not around 50-60 runs .
Bhai Australia is there for the taking

I don’t like Australia out of sportsman spirit (which means I rate them highly but I can’t watch them win)

As I said in another thread a while ago, Amir Jamal is a poor man's haris Rauf and Haris Rauf himself is terrible test bowler. Sheer incompetence to think that he's a better option on this pitch than Waseem. Or any pitch for that matter.

Agha has been good. Better than Yasir Shah. Selection has been good. Misbah would have gone with 3 pacers and used yasir as an expensive donkey.

Good temperament shown by Jamal. He's better when used as an executor or an enforcer in the game. Rather than ask him to bowl good line and length

Australia just playing with Pakistan fans emotion. But well captaincy by shan and smart bowling by Jamal

Jamal getting awkward bounce on this pitch and bowling a line that is tough to negotiate. This has been the best Pakistan has bowled as a unit in OZ conditions since forever.

Out of nowhere, Aamer Jamal stepped up and took 2 important and big wickets. bounced them both out.

Shan already showing more cricketing acumen than Babar, trying new things rather than be content on conceding 500+ every single innings.

There is lack of skill here, but the tactics being employed are a breath of fresh air.
Absolutely brilliant captaincy by Shan. Babar would have bowl with spinner with no plan but shan is pro active and have different plan

New ball soon. Shaheen needs to be on top. Not this 128kph stuff

So 300 plus on day 1 with batting still to come. Australia should not lose from here.

So much delusion amongst some pak fans thinking pak have a chance in this series.

Wait until Australia bowl. There will be a barrage of short deliveries.

Jammi we know you can bounce it but please full on the pads right now!!

Jamal has two new batsmen at the crease and just wasting deliveries by not forcing them to play!

Who teaches these boys cricket at FC level???

Too early to call the shots on who is going to be the winner here. let's wait for 1 or 2 more days.

Come on then Agha make him play the slog sweep to that Huge cow

They are winning this game easily but it good that Pakistan fans are happy now .
I hope Pakistan makes a game of it and Babar gets a ton or two here.
He will cement his place as the greatest Pakistani batsman in the history of the game if he does that.

how did Rana Faheem Stokes trap Labushange lbw??

One of the great mysteries of the world

The impact of captaincy is clearly being seen. Making good use of limited resources.
That shorter third man placement was brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back