Australia tour of the UK 2024 (White-ball series against Scotland and England)

Sky Sports' Nasser Hussain:

"A lot of these lads are batters who bowl, Head, Lab, Short so they are thinking like a batter.

"That is the value of having all-rounders."

"If I could could say to any young boy or girl out there who are developing their game, have two or three strings to your bow, including the fielding because that's what coaches are looking for."

"[Ben] Duckett and [Will] Jacks are such different players."

"Jacks looked to hit him [Adam Zampa] down the ground obviously taller and right-handed."

"Duckett, left-handed, looking to reverse-sweep and sweep."

"I liked how Zampa was managed by the skipper, at times he was taken out of the attack, you would think that such a senior player playing in his 100th ODI match the skipper would keep him on and back him."

"But actually he brought him back on and realised his value down the order."

"[Steve] Smith still has a leadership role. When Marsh was in awkward positions and couldn't take to the bowlers, Smith was walking over and having that conversation."

I hope steve smith scores a century, he's a gun player and really want him back in form for ct

Why is Buttler not playing? Neither Bairstow? They don't play Test cricket anyways.

What a dominant win by OZ.
Travis head is next level, gilchrist, Warner and Travis form the God father trilogy on terms of left handed openers for Australia.

Am very impressed by Labu as well, improves day by day and is a much improved batsmen now. Smith is dissapointing as usual

Australia won by 7 wickets against England in the 1st ODI of the 5-match series today.
Head's unbeaten hundred helps Australia overpower England comfortably

Australia's cricket team faced off against England in the first ODI at Trent Bridge. Ben Duckett's innings ended tamely, but Travis Head's innings powered onwards, resulting in a seven-wicket victory. Head's converted century, his sixth in 66 ODIs and his second against England, was the key reason for Australia's victory. Australia's makeshift attack, stretched to eight personnel, including four spinners, was also a factor.

At the time of their record pummelling in 2018, Australia had been preparing for another huge chase at 213 for 2 in the 33rd over. However, Marnus Labuschagne's legbreaks of 3 for 39 in six overs not only included the scalps of Duckett and Harry Brook but also lit a fire under Australia's premier leggie Adam Zampa, who responded to a leaky first three overs with final figures of 3 for 49. The resilience of Australia's makeshift attack and the absence of key players like Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc contributed to their victory.

Not a good day at the office but I commend England for giving these belligerent players chances and looking to the future

Neither side played full strength tbf, Australia is missing half it's bowling lineup and some key batters while England is without Butler and a few bowlers like wood.

But Australia at full strength is >>>> England at full strength

Back