Australia tour of the UK 2024 (white-ball series against Scotland and England)

Toss will be at 1:30pm local with the match reduced to 43 overs-a-side

England vs Australia, 4th ODI​

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia
(Playing XI): Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Steven Smith, Josh Inglis(w), Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey, Glenn Maxwell, Sean Abbott, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt, Ben Duckett, Will Jacks, Harry Brook(c), Jamie Smith(w), Liam Livingstone, Jacob Bethell, Brydon Carse, Jofra Archer, Matthew Potts, Adil Rashid

Australia
(Playing XI): Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Steven Smith, Josh Inglis(w), Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey, Glenn Maxwell, Sean Abbott, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt, Ben Duckett, Will Jacks, Harry Brook(c), Jamie Smith(w), Liam Livingstone, Jacob Bethell, Brydon Carse, Jofra Archer, Matthew Potts, Adil Rashid
Good to see inglis back

Australia

Restart at 2.45, 39 overs, 20 min interval.
1st session 1445-1729, innings break 1739-1749, 2nd session 1749-2033
Powerplay: 8,23,8.
Bowlers: 4x8 1x7.
1 drinks break at 1hr20mins

Big drop off in quality when they can't play their first XI.

Australia just don't have ready replacements for Big 3 quicks.

Score Updates

England 92/2 after 16 overs in a 39 overs 4th ODI match of the series against Australia.

A shocking moment during the fourth ODI between Australia and England at Lord's. Australian wicketkeeper Josh Inglis was booed by the crowd after appealing for a catch that turned out to be a bounce.

English captain Harry Brook edged a Mitchell Starc delivery down the leg side, and Inglis dived low to his left, claiming the catch. Umpire Joel Wilson initially gave Brook out, but after consulting with Martin Saggers, they referred the decision to third umpire Kumar Dharmasena.

Replays clearly showed the ball bouncing into Inglis' gloves, overturning the dismissal. The London crowd erupted in boos and chants of 'Same old Aussies, always cheating!' - a clear reference to Australia's past controversies.

Aussie bowlers have been brutally exposed
They'll be back, they won't go the pakistan route or ill quit watching cricket altogether.

I need some team to latch onto for my sanity and no Not latching onto India as its too easy and will make me a total hypocrite.

They'll be back, they won't go the pakistan route or ill quit watching cricket altogether.

I need some team to latch onto for my sanity and no Not latching onto India as its too easy and will make me a total hypocrite.
Relax bro. I think it's the pitches. After the first 2 losses, England have probably gone back to their Morgan era designer pitches where they can swing blindly across the line.

WHat a pasting lol Bit tough to chase due to that explosive ending. Nothing can be ruled out with Maxwell and others.

WHat a pasting lol Bit tough to chase due to that explosive ending. Nothing can be ruled out with Maxwell and others.
300 + is usually tough to chase even in 50 overs here lol

Either Australian bowling has been utter garbage and/or this is a designer English pitch circa 2015-19

How long Head wave is going to continue. He looks like getting out anytime while hacking. Somehow he keeps getting away.

As i already said australia batting is all about Head.

If head is not performing then they are done and dusted

As i already said australia batting is all about Head.

If head is not performing then they are done and dusted
Just devise a strategy for head. SOme IPL teams figured out. LEft hander bringing the ball back in. Other one is have a stationary deep point throw it wide. Third one is having a short backward point. Then there is good old bouncer with third man.

Head was so lucky against us. He was very lucky to survive in world cup final.

Once he set he can destroy any attack.
Just devise a strategy for head. SOme IPL teams figured out. LEft hander bringing the ball back in. Other one is have a stationary deep point throw it wide. Third one is having a short backward point. Then there is good old bouncer with third man.

Shouldn't have trolled us constantly ever since the World T20. :kp
Never trolled, I speak the truth, and the truth is that Australia still owns India in any era when it comes to the main Event which is the most historic format (World cup)

The mental scarring of 2003 and 2023 won't ever fade.

England showcased their batting and bowling firepower to level the one-day international series with a commanding 186-run victory over Australia in a rain-affected match at Lord's.

Stand-in captain Harry Brook played a brilliant knock of 87 from 58 balls, while Ben Duckett contributed a half-century. Liam Livingstone then provided a thrilling finish with an explosive unbeaten 62 off just 27 balls, propelling the hosts to a formidable total of 312-5 in 39 overs.

Livingstone smashed seven sixes, including four in a blistering 28-run final over off Mitchell Starc. His 25-ball half-century set a new record for the fastest ODI fifty at Lord’s, and England's 12 sixes established a new ODI record at the historic ground.

Australia got off to a quick start in their chase, but England turned the tide with three wickets in four overs, including both openers. The visitors collapsed from 68-0 to 126 all out in 24.4 overs, with Matthew Potts shining with figures of 4-38.

Brydon Carse kickstarted the collapse by bowling Travis Head and finished with 3-36, while Jofra Archer chipped in with 2-33. Adil Rashid wrapped up the innings, sealing England's second-largest ODI victory by runs over Australia.

After losing the first two matches of the series, this revamped England side has fought back to set up a series decider in Bristol on Sunday.

Back