Australia tour of the UK 2024 (white-ball series against Scotland and England)

We need smith back in form so that he, labu and Travis can give my brother @Devadwal a brutal reality check.

Batting not an issue as India will collapse like a house of cards. I'm watching you bro, Mustache man is coming for you.

We need smith back in form so that he, labu and Travis can give my brother @Devadwal a brutal reality check.

Batting not an issue as India will collapse like a house of cards. I'm watching you bro, Mustache man is coming for you.
Agree ,they desperately needs Smith help to use sandpaper to win a test series against india in a decade . :dw

Agree ,they desperately needs Smith help to use sandpaper to win a test series against india in a decade . :dw
You're just mad Smith as a test batter is superior to every single Indian batter alive atm. By alive I mean the people who've played when he became a full fledged test batsmen, 2010 era doesn't count as he was a leggie.

You're just mad Smith as a test batter is superior to every single Indian batter alive atm. By alive I mean the people who've played when he became a full fledged test batsmen, 2010 era doesn't count as he was a leggie.
Yes he is not won a test series against india from a decade. They are not good enough without help pf sandpaper

This is home series so broadcaster can ignore those things. Go for it :kp

Yes he is not won a test series against india from a decade. They are not good enough without help pf sandpaper

This is home series so broadcaster can ignore those things. Go for it :kp
You know what scratch what I said earlier. He's single handidely superior to any test batter India has produced all time.

You need Movie Lagaan Amir Khan to Surpass him.

You know what scratch what I said earlier. He's single handidely superior to any test batter India has produced all time.

You need Movie Lagaan Amir Khan to Surpass him.
Definitely smith has superior skills like how take help from dressing room for DRS and use sandpaper to help Pacers.
Totally agreed with you brother . :smith

Definitely smith has superior skills like how take help from dressing room for DRS and use sandpaper to help Pacers.
Totally agreed with you brother . :smith
Right because Harbajan going to the Shopping store for full sleeve shirts shows how uninnovative he is 🫠

Architect of sandpaper aka Smith gone for 60.
He's low on form but slowly slowly getting it back unlike kohli who seems to be getting worse despite both of them at a similar age.

What's worse is that kohli could never match up to smith in test and kohli's performance in odi world cups will never come close to what smith did in 2015.

In limited over cricket smith won't even fit to tie kohli shoes :kp
One thing smith has done, which kohli hasn't.

One a precious odi world cup for his country batting at no 3 which is considered the position where your best batter bats.

He scored in QF, SF and finals. Where did kohli vanish? Kya taqleef thi.

Kohli was facing a superior bowling attack under lights at SCG .
Pish posh, tik tok.

NZ In 2015 had the best bowling attack and were damn near unstoppable even bowling Australia out for 150 something in group stages.

Australia crushed them under lights, and I forgot about the humiliation of getting bowled out for 79 in 2016 and butchered in 2019 sf by nz

Pish posh, tik tok.

NZ In 2015 had the best bowling attack and were damn near unstoppable even bowling Australia out for 150 something in group stages.

Australia crushed them under lights, and I forgot about the humiliation of getting bowled out for 79 in 2016 and butchered in 2019 sf by nz
NZ did not have the best attack. An attack of Johnson, Hazlewood, Starc was quicker, taller and more accurate than NZ attack.

Boult and Southee don't compare.

NZ did not have the best attack. An attack of Johnson, Hazlewood, Starc was quicker, taller and more accurate than NZ attack.

Boult and Southee don't compare.
All I hear are excuses, same excuses for 2003.

I'm willing to forgive India for 2007 as its not sachin's fault that no one backed him bit 2003 is inexcusable, All those saying Sachin had no choice, all he had to do was bat alongside sehwag, as sehwag had no issue attacking. Had he backed sehwag it could have been a closer result.

Similarly rohit and dhawan gave India a decent start and the target was 328 which was lower then 2003 and was achieved in an easier era. Even dhoni did his best but by the time dhoni came it was too late.

No one told kohli to waste 2 overs crushing the rr and then getting out. I remember seeing that game live and kohli pulled a misbah, Rr was fine but a 6.5 rr needed to be maintained. He crumbled that rr by wasting 2 entire overs. Same with rahnane pulling a KL Rahul that day lol

Dhoni had no issue batting at 100SR under lights, so what taqleef did india's star batter have?

All I hear are excuses, same excuses for 2003.

I'm willing to forgive India for 2007 as its not sachin's fault that no one backed him bit 2003 is inexcusable, All those saying Sachin had no choice, all he had to do was bat alongside sehwag, as sehwag had no issue attacking. Had he backed sehwag it could have been a closer result.

Similarly rohit and dhawan gave India a decent start and the target was 328 which was lower then 2003 and was achieved in an easier era. Even dhoni did his best but by the time dhoni came it was too late.

No one told kohli to waste 2 overs crushing the rr and then getting out. I remember seeing that game live and kohli pulled a misbah, Rr was fine but a 6.5 rr needed to be maintained. He crumbled that rr by wasting 2 entire overs. Same with rahnane pulling a KL Rahul that day lol

Dhoni had no issue batting at 100SR under lights, so what taqleef did india's star batter have?
Calling a bowling attack better than one's own is an excuse? Lol.

I don't think you know what an excuse is

Calling a bowling attack better than one's own is an excuse? Lol.

I don't think you know what an excuse is
I'm not disagreeing with Australia's bowling attack being better.

But I do 100% believe the way kohli played is downright despicable in the semi final? What's wrong with that?

This kohli worship meeds to stop just like Sachin worship.

All Sachin had to do was give sehwag a lift and we could have had a close game as pressure on middle order and shewag would have been reduced.

Similarly all kohli had to do was back rohit and then eventually take up the mantle with rahnane but I stead he botched it.

Neither Dhoni or rohit had any issue that day.

Similarly rahul botched and kohli got out at the wrong time in a crucial final.

So any excuse trying to justify kohli innings being a case of poor eyesight due to lights is silly when his teammates had no issue and the openers provided him a platform.

I'm not disagreeing with Australia's bowling attack being better.

But I do 100% believe the way kohli played is downright despicable in the semi final? What's wrong with that?

This kohli worship meeds to stop just like Sachin worship.

All Sachin had to do was give sehwag a lift and we could have had a close game as pressure on middle order and shewag would have been reduced.

Similarly all kohli had to do was back rohit and then eventually take up the mantle with rahnane but I stead he botched it.

Neither Dhoni or rohit had any issue that day.

Similarly rahul botched and kohli got out at the wrong time in a crucial final.

So any excuse trying to justify kohli innings being a case of poor eyesight due to lights is silly when his teammates had no issue and the openers provided him a platform.
Not poor eyesight. SCG is a bat first wicket where it gets harder to bat in the 2nd innings especially against an attack of that quality .

That's not the point. Kohli had no excuse, if Dhoni, dhawan and rohit had no excuse
And who made excuses for Kohli or anyone else ?

Who scored against that attack in that World Cup? Maybe Sanga and that was on an extremely flat wicket. Nobody else could.

And who made excuses for Kohli or anyone else ?

Who scored against that attack in that World Cup? Maybe Sanga and that was on an extremely flat wicket. Nobody else could.
My point was if Dhoni went at a sr of 100, Kohli had no reason to crumble it.

I saw that game live, Indian openers got to a good start but we're slightly behind rr due to dhawan, but nothing too serious. Kohli and rahane killed it. Dhoni did his best to recover but it was too late. Kohli choked and their isnt any excuse.

My point was if Dhoni went at a sr of 100, Kohli had no reason to crumble it.

I saw that game live, Indian openers got to a good start but we're slightly behind rr due to dhawan, but nothing too serious. Kohli and rahane killed it. Dhoni did his best to recover but it was too late. Kohli choked and their isnt any excuse.

OK Kohli choked and that's why we lost.

OK Kohli choked and that's why we lost.
I sense you're getting irritated, I don't wish to irritate you, but you're not understanding what I'm saying.

Australia was the stronger team and would have won anyway. But be 100% honest. Did kphli and rahane play rubbish yes or no?

Theirs nothing wrong with admitting that, Yuvi played rubbish as well.

Similarly in 2003 I don't think India would have won even if Sachin performed but be honest Sachin choked and played a rubbish shot one that is not good for someone of his standards.

I sense you're getting irritated, I don't wish to irritate you, but you're not understanding what I'm saying.

Australia was the stronger team and would have won anyway. But be 100% honest. Did kphli and rahane play rubbish yes or no?

Similarly in 2003 I don't think India would have won even if Sachin performed but be honest Sachin choked and played a rubbish shot one that is not good for someone of his standards.
By yuvi I meant yuvi in 2014

There is no batter who has dominated a bowler of McGrath's calibre . You are holding SRT upto impossible standards.

McGrath is the GOAT bowler. He destroyed Lara in 99 group game to help OZ qualify, PAK top order in 99 final etc.

Nobody got on top of Pidge at his peak. And we were chasing 358 in 2003. It was unheard of in those days.

There was nothing India could have done in 2015 SF either.

The same NZ you rated so highly , what happened to them in 2015 finals. They got bullied into submission.

There is no batter who has dominated a bowler of McGrath's calibre . You are holding SRT upto impossible standards.

McGrath is the GOAT bowler. He destroyed Lara in 99 group game to help OZ qualify, PAK top order in 99 final etc.

Nobody got on top of Pidge at his peak. And we were chasing 358 in 2003. It was unheard of in those days.

There was nothing India could have done in 2015 SF either.

The same NZ you rated so highly , what happened to them in 2015 finals. They got bullied into submission.
That's kinda the point? Australia didn't have any problem batting under lights against MZ bowling?

Regardless again read my point. Australia would have beaten them anyway however it wouldn't be a one sided thrashing.

Sehwah scored 82 of 81, Sachin spuld have backed but instead he let sehwag hanging.

Are you seriously telling me that Sachin Tendulkar the so called God of cricket that every Indian on the planet overhyped beyond belief has this impossible standard that he cannot hold the line alongside sehwag simply because sehwah could face mcgrath but Sachin could not?

@Rana Alex Carrey 2 match saves + wins in a row. And yes 2 as ik England ain't chasing this. Not with their current batting lineup

That's kinda the point? Australia didn't have any problem batting under lights against MZ bowling?

Regardless again read my point. Australia would have beaten them anyway however it wouldn't be a one sided thrashing.

Sehwah scored 82 of 81, Sachin spuld have backed but instead he let sehwag hanging.

Are you seriously telling me that Sachin Tendulkar the so called God of cricket that every Indian on the planet overhyped beyond belief has this impossible standard that he cannot hold the line alongside sehwag simply because sehwah could face mcgrath but Sachin could not?
Was finals at SCG? Was OZ chasing 320 or 180 odd.

So, do you accept that Sehwag is a better player than all of Lara, Anwar, Inzi , SRT etc. who, by your standards, choked against Australia in World Cup cricket ?

Was finals at SCG? Was OZ chasing 320 or 180 odd.

So, do you accept that Sehwag is a better player than all of Lara, Anwar, Inzi , SRT etc. who, by your standards, choked against Australia in World Cup cricket ?
For the first point, How many times must I claim Australia was stronger and would have beaten India regardless But and I repeat But

Kohli and Rahane played rubbish plain and simple. Their is no and i repeat no excuse for kohli and rahane to play in such a manner, india could hahe lost by 25 to 50 runs rather them not evem making the mark.

kohli and rahane pulled a misbah and killed the game deapite the openers keeping the match intresting at the start and no backing was given to Dhoni even though Dhoni overseas is ordinary and is mostly an Asian beast

As for sehwag, How many times must I say that Sachin's shot was rubbish. It has nothing to do with mcgrath, if anything it's stupid and silly for him to play such a shot ahainat mcgrath as someone who's auppose t9 be the God of cricket should know that mcgrath can be negotiated by taking singles and attacking the other bowlers.

Sehwag understood this but Sachin played a rubbish stroke. The rest of the batters tried dueing that day but got dismissed however sachin's loft was an elementary mistake.

Just because the target is so high doesn't mean you can't at the very least settle, Sachin was already 4 of 5? He was rotating well? Just take a bit more time, get to 40 of 42 and start attacking the rest? Sehwag did it?

As for Inzi and Anwar, Anwar was a burnt corpse in 2003 followed by inzi who sucks in every icc event nothing new.

Lara underachieved 100% no doubt. But theirs nothing wrong with putting people who Indians claim are God's of cricket so high

For the first point, How many times must I claim Australia was stronger and would have beaten India regardless But and I repeat But

Kohli and Rahane played rubbish plain and simple. Their is no and i repeat no excuse for kohli and rahane to play in such a manner, india could hahe lost by 25 to 50 runs rather them not evem making the mark.

kohli and rahane pulled a misbah and killed the game deapite the openers keeping the match intresting at the start and no backing was given to Dhoni even though Dhoni overseas is ordinary and is mostly an Asian beast

As for sehwag, How many times must I say that Sachin's shot was rubbish. It has nothing to do with mcgrath, if anything it's stupid and silly for him to play such a shot ahainat mcgrath as someone who's auppose t9 be the God of cricket should know that mcgrath can be negotiated by taking singles and attacking the other bowlers.

Sehwag understood this but Sachin played a rubbish stroke. The rest of the batters tried dueing that day but got dismissed however sachin's loft was an elementary mistake.

Just because the target is so high doesn't mean you can't at the very least settle, Sachin was already 4 of 5? He was rotating well? Just take a bit more time, get to 40 of 42 and start attacking the rest? Sehwag did it?

As for Inzi and Anwar, Anwar was a burnt corpse in 2003 followed by inzi who sucks in every icc event nothing new.

Lara underachieved 100% no doubt. But theirs nothing wrong with putting people who Indians claim are God's of cricket so high
You have an axe to grind with Sachin fans and that's fine . But that's tarring your judgement and you're spewing nonsense.

You have an axe to grind with Sachin fans and that's fine . But that's tarring your judgement and you're spewing nonsense.
What nonsense am I spewing? Sachin made a mistake? Did he not? He didn't back sehwag did he not?

Their is nothing wrong with admitting that he messed up that day.

What nonsense am I spewing? Sachin made a mistake? Did he not? He didn't back sehwag did he not?

Their is nothing wrong with admitting that he messed up that day.
He messed up, OK. So did many others . I've already mentioned that Lara and Anwar flopped in 99 against Australia when it mattered.

You are simply carrying on your vendetta because Sachin fans annoy you. Carry on.

He messed up, OK. So did many others . I've already mentioned that Lara and Anwar flopped in 99 against Australia when it mattered.

You are simply carrying on your vendetta because Sachin fans annoy you. Carry on.
He messed up in a final, the others didn't

2 World Cup wins in 3 years. Come back when India replicate that.
India already won 3 ICC trophy in the span of 6 years .

2 months ago you were goings gaga over mentally strong player's of England but within a day you got reality check by Indian team.

So let's talk about current time. what happened to strong mentality of England players?

India already won 3 ICC trophy in the span of 6 years .

2 months ago you were goings gaga over mentally strong player's of England but within a day you got reality check by Indian team.

So let's talk about current time. what happened to strong mentality of England players?
Firstly, that discussion was in the context of the current/present England and Indian teams. It has nothing to do with 2007-2013 Indian team. The past is the past, and England have a very mediocre past in terms of trophies.

Secondly, it is funny how the CT because the most irrelevant tournament in the world when it comes to deflecting the record breaking humiliation inflicted by Pakistan but becomes relevant when it comes to flexing India’s trophy count.

Thirdly, current Indian generation had the opportunity to win two World Cups in 2 years but they soiled their pants at home in spite of manipulating and controlling each and every aspect of the tournament. What a shame.

Firstly, that discussion was in the context of the current/present England and Indian teams. It has nothing to do with 2007-2013 Indian team. The past is the past, and England have a very mediocre past in terms of trophies.

Secondly, it is funny how the CT because the most irrelevant tournament in the world when it comes to deflecting the record breaking humiliation inflicted by Pakistan but becomes relevant when it comes to flexing India’s trophy count.

Thirdly, current Indian generation had the opportunity to win two World Cups in 2 years but they soiled their pants at home in spite of manipulating and controlling each and every aspect of the tournament. What a shame.

England solo world cup win was all thanks to cheating lol .

Don't worry current india generation will win 2-3 ICC trophy in next 5 year but this current English FTB players are medicore and mentality weaks like how they were failed against india few months ago .

Don't worry current india generation will win 2-3 ICC trophy in next 5 year but this current English FTB players are medicore and mentality weaks like how they were failed against india few months ago .
You mean the draw rule? Or the deflection?

Regardless even though they got lucky 100% 2019 England overall was the strongest team in that tournament. They had a few hiccups yes agaisnt some teams but they were easily the best team that day.

In fact 2019 England vs 2023 india at a neutral venue would have been a spicy contest

No one asked India to open its legs for England when England were on the brink of elimination and needed to beat both New Zealand and India to qualify for the semifinals.

You could have eliminated England and won the World Cup yourself if you were good enough to do so.

Captain Harry Brook hit a superb first one-day international century as England beat Australia in the third match to breathe life into their new era of white-ball cricket.

Chasing 305 knowing defeat would give Australia the series, stand-in skipper Brook hit 110 not out to guide his side to a 46-run victory via the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern Method.

England were 254-4, on course for victory needing 51 runs from 74 balls, when rain curtailed the finish in Chester-le-Street.

Such a scenario looked distant when England were 11-2, the pressure on after heavy defeats in the previous two matches, but Brook started carefully and compiled a perfectly-paced knock with 13 fours and two sixes.

He put on 156 with Will Jacks and when Jacks fell for an elegant 84 from 82, Brook went on to reach his century in 87 balls.

A cameo from Liam Livingstone, who hit 33 from 20, ensured England were well ahead of the DLS par score of 208 when the rain arrived.

Brook’s knock meant England did not a rue a poor end to their bowling innings that allowed Australia to post 304-7.

BBC

Brilliant comeback after losing both openers cheaply. Rain ruined the swansong of the chase which was a bit of a letdown.

Hope they can pull it back to 2-2 so we get a decider.

Back