Australia v England | 6th ODI | SCG | 02/02/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Interest in this is sky high I see! :D

Well, I checked Cricinfo and found out that it was actually being played tonight, so here's the thread. England have finished on 6/333, their highest ever total at the SCG, with Jonathon trotting to another ton.

Expect a bit of hit and giggle from the OZ in reply. We'll either win or be all out 150 I reckon. The main interest in the match is...will the SCG crowd boo the Australian captain again like the Cane Toads did last match?

Watson started off the last game with a superb cover drive off Anderson on the first ball, and now a brilliant cover drive off Woakes on the first ball. Great stuff, whaddddaplaya.

lol, OZGOD, if there's even a crowd. There was just one full stand at the SCG, every other stand was pretty much empty. Sad.

lol, OZGOD, if there's even a crowd. There was just one full stand at the SCG, every other stand was pretty much empty. Sad.

And that too after AUS won the series, Interesting

Trott and Colly of the field
Trott got 130 something and crapped up
Colly got a 90 Mph Delivery ''Down there''

Trott's innings was seriously manly. 137 off 126 in 40 degree heat is one to remember. I think Trottski averages 60 in tests and ODIs now :O Silly. Strauss and Bell were pretty good in there as well. This is exactly the response that the fans would have been demanding, after a disgraceful lack of effort from the batsmen throughout the 'live' games in the series. Also glad to see we didn't give rubbish bowlers like Tait, Johnson and Smith their usual decent figures, and put them to the sword for once. All they deserved.

This should be a fun chase. It's a flat pitch and the Aussies have some exciting players, but the RRR is 6.5 from the start so England will always be in it.

Last edited:
Trott's evolution into a ODI wonder really has taken me by surprise. Good on him. He will be the backbone of the England batting in the WC.

Of course, they'll still lose their way in the quarters, but Trott will be the bright spot for them.

My favourite Aussie batsman in now: come on Callum!

My favourite Aussie batsman in now: come on Callum!

IAJ hes so arrogant though right? the way he celebrates?

.......mitchell johnson promoted so high up in the order :eek:

watson got out at wrong time. if he could make a hundred. aussies would have a chance. now its difficult

Clarke should just come in at 11, he's only going to bring up the RR

Aus 114/2 I think unless someone gets a big ton here they will fall short.

LOL at Prior trying to thief out MJ by knocking the bails off then trying to claim a bowled wicket! :)))

lol where is whippy-"matt prior is a cheat" man.appealing for what lol?

What do the england commentaters say about that then, remember last game when they were really moaning about a catch smith took and they were saying so much about it and smith didint even appeal he was saying hes not sure and look at Prior celebrating absolutely disgusting especially from engand commentators not saying alot about that are they.

:))) I remember Ferguson interviewing Shahid Afridi in the Big Bash that he played in late '09. Ferguson was out of cricket at that time and was doing commentary and interviews and all. Funny stuff.

Trott bowling after employing a runner while batting #taking the ****

Guess what Cricinfo wrote about Prior's cheating??? Very ODD.....lol is that it Cricinfo

Clarke in, time for England to get the ReqRR up to 10+. :misbah

Bollinger comes out with a drink and a message ... but they don't take the Powerplay yet

From cricinfo.

Message from who? the bloody skippers in the middle

IAJ hes so arrogant though right? the way he celebrates?

.......mitchell johnson promoted so high up in the order :eek:

Oh ja kam kar apna chuhcya, don't start again. If you wana discuss that with me come to the other thread, phissea tamatar na howe tey!

wot a game, clarke and hussey has won it i think great game and a great finish, autralia should do it now, great chase

This is why I think Aussies will retain the WC..their batting will be deadly on flat pitches.

hahahahaahhahahahahahahaa 87 in 9 overs......great bowler Anderson

They are my favourites too for the world cup, and they still got Ponting and Hussey to come back in the team.

At this stage it was stupid to send out a batsmen with a runner.

Eng slight fav's here, but could go either way.

was wanting aus to win since clarke is awesome but the cocky commentators makes me cringe.

16 needed off 12, three wickets in hand. Aus should do it.

Have to say clarke played a Gem of an inns though tonight.

Bung will biff a four and that will be it.

Bad wide from woakes!

5 needed from 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back