Australia v New Zealand | T20 | Sydney | 15/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Dont get too excited about this folks, most likely gonna be rained off. Been drizzling all week here. :ibutt

I'm sure there was one or two people between the two nations who were interested in this series. :malik

minhasuz said:
RA hows the forecast?

Rain and pretty cold, 21 degrees max.

This season has gone too long, everyone here is back in football mode and don't care about cricket. They only got 28K to the MCG a week ago for the ODI, that used to be unthinkable.

Well the Waratahs beat that useless Hobbitt team from Wellington the Hurricanes, so my week is sweet no matter what happens. :D

I dont know if Kiwi rugby players can be classified as Hobbits. :D
And no, I dont think the game will go on, if it does, it'll be interrupted alot.

Warner better start bowling or keeping cuz he won't keep his spot as a batsman for long.

Lahoria said:
Warner better start bowling or keeping cuz he won't keep his spot as a batsman for long.

Experiment was worth a try :afridi

But you won't be seeing Warner in the South African or Pakistan ODI's. I hope. But our selectors are bizarre to say the least these days.

Ferguson looks like one they got right.

This is a crazy Australian XI. So many new faces. Look a few years back and it's a completely different team.

Sheikh said:
This is a crazy Australian XI. So many new faces. Look a few years back and it's a completely different team.

Tis fine cos it is a crazy version of the game.

Brilliant Catch

Catches Win Matches. What a great Catch taken by Voges during T20 between Aus vs Nz Match on Feb 15th 2009. I have never seen such catches in my life. It was awesome and outstanding.

Hilfenhaus to McCullum, out Caught by Voges at mid wicket!! Outstanding effort by Voges in the deep. McCullum hoicks it over mid wicket, Voges jumps and takes the catch, realises that he is losing control, throws the ball up in the air, falls over, comes back into the playing area, dives forward to complete the catch, never seen anything like that before. McCullum c Voges b Hilfenhaus 61(47) [4s-5 6s-2]

Result : Aus Win by 1 Run. Thanks to the brilliant Catch

Last edited:
Amazing amazing catch by Voges.
He could have easily just save a six but he went further and made sure he caught the call as well.

NZ lost by just 1 run :(

Ghoshtbuster said:
clip. or it didnt happen.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I would think i was dreaming except in my dream he would have run outside the boundary rope, jumped in the air, caught the ball, tossed it back in before landing on the ground and ran in to catch it.

New Zealand has really suffered from a lack of talent over the past year.

absolutely amazing catch! Standing right on the edge of the boundary, not only did he do brilliant to save a six, he had the frame of mind to throw it high enough in the air to give himself enough time in getting back on the playing field an get his hands under the ball before it touched the ground! TRULY AMAZING! A MUST SEE!

Did all this while almost tripping up on the boundary rope too, terrific presence of mind and execution.

Brilliant catch yes, but I still rate Collingwood's catch at short point as the one of the best (if not the best) of all time.

I've just seen the highlights and was surprised by how few spectators were in the ground. I doubt the SCG was even half full. It was a weekend, too! Twenty20 is fairly new in Australia. Have the fans had enough of it already, or has it just never really caught on there?

Big Harvey said:
I've just seen the highlights and was surprised by how few spectators were in the ground. I doubt the SCG was even half full. It was a weekend, too! Twenty20 is fairly new in Australia. Have the fans had enough of it already, or has it just never really caught on there?

Nah its got more to do with their team being no good these days.

Big Harvey said:

It was a Sunday night and raining, not many people even thought that there would be a game.

Fish said:
It was a Sunday night and raining, not many people even thought that there would be a game.

Also, cricket season is basically over here. The crowds have been dropping steadily in February, there was only 28K to an ODI at the MCG the other week.

Poison said:
Brilliant catch yes, but I still rate Collingwood's catch at short point as the one of the best (if not the best) of all time.
dudue that was a blinder taken by collingwood he wasnt expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back