Australia v South Africa | 1st Test - Day 4 | Perth | 20/12/08

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Aus lead by 322, Haddin 39*, Krejza 28*

Krejza and Haddin have both been good inthe field and with the bat this game, good to see.

Wow Graeme Smith is going down in my estimation of his intelligence.

Number 7 and 9 batsmen at the crease and he starts the morning (after some rain) with Kallis and Harris.

Malikesque

MJ does have the ability to hand around with the bat. Certainly not a dud with the bat.

bublubhuyan said:
MJ does have the ability to hand around with the bat. Certainly not a dud with the bat.

Would surely be the best number 10 batsman going around

Lead 347

Australia lead by 348 runs with 2 wickets remaining. This is getting increasingly difficult for the South Africans.

bublubhuyan said:
Australia lead by 348 runs with 2 wickets remaining. This is getting increasingly difficult for the South Africans.

I think they will fold for <<<200

Random Aussie said:
I think they will fold for <<<200
Well, the pressure is on them to save this Test. But I think it all depends on how the openers start the innings. They need to start positively and spend at least 3 hours together.

82.6 Steyn to Johnson, FOUR :))

Looks like the Aussies aren't giving it up yet. They will score as much as they can and sneak in every possible run.

MJ 11 off 16, I think safe to say the Saffers might be hating this guy right about now

350 I think is enough - anything from here on in is a bonus. That said, the Saffas have over a day to bat. But I think we hold the advantage at the moment.

MJ and Krushza are pretty decent tailenders eh. They know which end of the bat to hold at least.

OZGOD said:
MJ and Krushza are pretty decent tailenders eh. They know which end of the bat to hold at least.

MJ is potentially an all rounder.

Krejza has really impressed me this Test - good fielding and catching, batting well and bowling at the stumps trying to get blokes out.

Good signs from the youngish ones.

Even in this aus vs saf game, the commentators are talking about sehwag, gambhir, sachin, yuvraj, dhoni :D

OOps, Johnson gone. But he did his job perfectly.

MG Johnson c Kallis b Morkel 21 (44m 35b 3x4 0x6) SR: 60.00

Really quite saddened by Steyn. He has not bowled a single yorker, and he's not even that quick. Still, Saffers to win by 4 wickets. :19:

Romali_rotti said:
SO much for the overhyped Safffies bowling attack, Ishant looked 4 times as lethal last time India was at Perth than any imposter Saffie on show here...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN TO THAT.. Lets see what the saffie batmen will do now.....

How did I not see this coming !?!?
:afridi

To think Australia was 7 down with a lead of 250. The difference between the two sets of tailenders is nothing short of amazing.

403 ahead after a six from BraHa - he is showing what he can do with the bat now.

Much better than those 30 (80) he kept dishing out in India

South Africa did well in the 2nd innings twice in England. I very much doubt they can do it here.

Without wishing to **** on anyones party here, can we keep his thread exclusively related to the Aus v SA game?

Thanks

Oxy said:
Without wishing to **** on anyones party here, can we keep his thread exclusively related to the Aus v SA game?

Thanks

Yaar point taken - players have taken lunch at the WACA

Haddin looks so elegant almost like a sub continental type batsmen.... He looks way better than Gilly!!!!!!! Ok def not as good as Gilly but I am a big sucker for elegance :D...

Slow start from South Africa but hey they have 153 overs left....

No doubt now that MJ is quicker than Lee, Lee is not getting anything faster than 145kph.

BraHa is very much a confidence player. If he didnt get runs against the Kiwis, Idoubt he would have got runs here.

Jamal said:
BraHa is very much a confidence player. If he didnt get runs against the Kiwis, Idoubt he would have got runs here.

Yaar he was stuck trying to bat too slowly - not his natural game until that hundred. Now he is playing his natural game cos has the confidence.

SA going along at 1 run an over here, are all the batting teams trying to outdo each other in slowness across the Tests?

eleven runs off 10 overs, and that too when kallis is not in crease.
and v call Dravid plays slow!

Lee is reagining his much wonted bowling form of last year against India!
come on Brett, run over SA!

Romali_rotti said:
Haddin looks so elegant almost like a sub continental type batsmen.... He looks way better than Gilly!!!!!!! Ok def not as good as Gilly but I am a big sucker for elegance :D...

Gilly is brutally elegant. I like his grip similar to mine :D . Holding the bat at the top always provides elegance when you drive.

They are going to defend and defend and defend.. suddenly they are going to get a good one.

19 for 1. With long tail to come SA's conservatism might seem justified. But when you are overly defensive it gives an opportunity for bowlers to settle down to a good rythm. Johnson pitched perfectly.

Random Aussie said:
Slow start from South Africa but hey they have 153 overs left....

No doubt now that MJ is quicker than Lee, Lee is not getting anything faster than 145kph.
MJ now averages 26.5...

RA, do you still believe that Ishant is better than MJ?

How the hell Mckenzie got 1000+ run sin 2008 with 50+ avg... :boom:

Saffers need to play Johnson cautiously who is looking good...Lee & Siddle are looking very average.... :rao

FCCO said:
MJ now averages 26.5...

RA, do you still believe that Ishant is better than MJ?

Nope not after the last 3 Tests taking 9, 5 and 9 (so far) wickets. Rapid improvement, he is not spraying the ball or bowling rubbish miles outside off.

MJ>>>Ishant these days

But Ishant has a lot of potential to improve his figures, and a lot of time.

This Amla can seriously bat, I was wrong about him. Class player.

Thankfully he shows some aggression.

Random Aussie said:

thanx

Random Aussie said:

Thats because he is of Indian descent. :D

FCCO said:

no hes ours...Hes a muslim so by default Pak have the right to celeberate his success...

Just quietly, England are getting ground into the dirt.
320-1.

FCCO said:

I though he was Pakistani descent.
He was the only guy who was looking to score in the first dig as well.

SA have no confidence that they can beat the Aussies.
This is no longer choking but a physological barrier.
They need some shrinks soon.

deathstreak said:
I though he was Pakistani descent.
He was the only guy who was looking to score in the first dig as well.

SA have no confidence that they can beat the Aussies.
This is no longer choking but a physological barrier.
They need some shrinks soon.

They already have a shrink with the team.

Credit to Graeme Smith he is making his wicket count on this tour.

Random Aussie said:
SA 1/97 Smith leading from the front on 60*

Rain delay, shouldn't last long though

Lets hope so. We need South Africa to have as many overs as possible to win.

Back