Australia v West Indies | 3rd Test | WACA, Perth | 16 - 20 December 2009

abdul2009 said:
Ponting is having a lot of brainfreezes nowadays isn't he???
He should have allowed aussies to score 600+...
Now the leads gonna be erased all too soon!
Time to handover captaincy , Mr Punter?
:))) :)))

abdulkhan786 said:
Ponting taken on Roach bowling at 150km/h was joy to watch....very gutsy innings of his after getting hit on elbow.

Ponting is toughest cricketer and so mentally strong that is why he is better than Lara, Sachin, Kallis and just shades Inzi for best modern batsman.

Nice try. Ponting retired hurt for the first time in test cricket and didnt come back. Sachin at sixteen years of age, was hit on the nose by a Waqar bouncer which broke his nose. He went on to play with a broken nose from which blood was continously flowing. He completed his fifty and helped India to draw the match and series.

and who can forget the 136 he made against Pak with an almost broken back?

Well that didn't really go according to plan.

Gayle leading from the front again. Great player when he wants to be.

Random Aussie said:
Well that didn't really go according to plan.

Gayle leading from the front again. Great player when he wants to be.
And to be frank this Aussies attack is rubbish. They were really lucky to get his wicket because that was a very very very soft dismissal.

iafzal said:
If we are going to play these Aussie bowlers then we have hope. The are getting owned left right front and of course back

Bad luck you won't. You will get Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Johnson & Watson. Plus Hauritz (sigh).

Afridi_Fan said:
And to be frank this Aussies attack is rubbish. They were really lucky to get his wicket because that was a very very very soft dismissal.

The team is in generally pretty average and has been for quite some time.

Random Aussie said:
Bad luck you won't. You will get Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Johnson & Watson. Plus Hauritz (sigh).
Oh we are not worried one bit. :p

Indiafan said:
Nice try. Ponting retired hurt for the first time in test cricket and didnt come back. Sachin at sixteen years of age, was hit on the nose by a Waqar bouncer which broke his nose. He went on to play with a broken nose from which blood was continously flowing. He completed his fifty and helped India to draw the match and series.

Anytime Tendy's name is mentioned, you can bet that a billion of our Indian friends will be there ASAP eh. :p

OZGOD said:
Anytime Tendy's name is mentioned, you can bet that a billion of our Indian friends will be there ASAP eh. :p

No, I have a bad habit of trying to correct illeterate/misguided people whenever they come up with some rubbish. And I am enjoying this test more than the England/SA one

I'm sorry but I have to correct your revisionist version of history indiafan..sachin made a fifty in the next match not the first test in which waqar played..waqar I believe bowled him out in that match and it was actually manjerkar who ensured a draw series not tendu..

Indiafan said:

Now he compares sachin to ponting on toughness!

Moin khan once said correctly that sachin walked even though he was not out clearly just to avoid being hit by shoaib!!!

The other thing is that since he is so short :))) for most of the bouncers, he doesnt even has to duck!!

Sachin is only a flat track bully and nothing else!

the Great Khan said:
I'm sorry but I have to correct your revisionist version of history indiafan..sachin made a fifty in the next match not the first test in which waqar played..waqar I believe bowled him out in that match and it was actually manjerkar who ensured a draw series not tendu..

Mate, they tend change the facts just to add some spice and masala to their comments!! very typical! :)))

the Great Khan said:

lol yep, here's the match: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63513.html

and another thing, I remember Sidhu was recollecting that story of "blood flowing down his nose" on TEN Sports, then Manjrekar owned him by showing the footage of Sachin getting hit, and there was no blood anywhere

Last edited:
the Great Khan said:
Oh I guess you don't know. But anything that is remotely good in the past two decades in the Indian Cricket has been done or inspired by Sachin Tendulkar. So he inspired Manjreker which we don't know but all the Indian fans know about that. Right?

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
lol yep, here's the match: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63513.html

and another thing, I remember Sidhu was recollecting that story of "blood flowing down his nose" on TEN Sports, then Manjrekar owned him by showing the footage of Sachin getting hit, and there was no blood anywhere
How could you say that. All the ground was covered in Sachin's blood. Every Indian fan is a witness to that. :pissed:

So Waqar did PWN sachin at one time, eh?

Wouldnt it be great if say aamer could pwn him to retirement? :D

Indiafan said:
No, I have a bad habit of trying to correct illeterate/misguided people whenever they come up with some rubbish. And I am enjoying this test more than the England/SA one

:))) Bad word to get wrong really

My first part of prediction (Aus 533) was close and second may still come true but very difficult now. WI 373 runs all out

12thMan said:
My first part of prediction (Aus 533) was close and second may still come true but very difficult now. WI 373 runs all out

Pretty good TMan. I don't know how much resistance they will put up today.

Clint McKay on debut managed to be pretty economical which was pleasing.

Poor shot from sarwan as a senior batsman he should value his value his wicket a bit more esp with no chanderpaul.

Nash off the mark with a 4 off McKay.

He seems a pretty decent bat Nash - very useful for the WI because they do need someone who can hang around (in addition to Chanders) with the bat.

3/222, 298 runs behind.

Nash is someone who can some how survive but not score. He has to start scoring big runs (75+ here and there) and not 30 in 70 balls as that is how I see him

After watching Sarawn's dismissal suddenly I don't feel so bad about our own batsmen

Random Aussie said:
3/214 if we knock them over cheaply we might make them follow on :D
i doubt aus would ever follow on any team in this century at least, after what india did to them in 2001 and 2003. :inzi :inti

Indiafan said:
:)) :)) : :14: :))) :14: : :)) :)) :)))

mmkextreme_1 said:
How much do the WI need to avoid the follow on?

50 more runs.

They are 271/4 at the moment. They should be able to do it unless they collapse.

abdulkhan786 said:
Ponting taken on Roach bowling at 150km/h was joy to watch....very gutsy innings of his after getting hit on elbow.

Ponting is toughest cricketer and so mentally strong that is why he is better than Lara, Sachin, Kallis and just shades Inzi :inzi :36: for best modern batsman.

:)))

cric said:
i doubt aus would ever follow on any team in this century at least, after what india did to them in 2001 and 2003. :inzi :inti

Handy point except we made the WI follow on about 2 weeks ago :)))

Random Aussie said:
Handy point except we made the WI follow on about 2 weeks ago :)))

I was gonna say that. :))) :)))

The follow on isn't going to happen in this match though. The Windies are managing a little fightback here that will propel them over the line.

Although having said that... the Aussies are the only ones with a chance of winning this in my opinion unless Bravo/Nash bat brilliantly.

why isn't Chanderpaul playing? is he injured? he is due for some big runs i guess...

umerz said:
why isn't Chanderpaul playing? is he injured? he is due for some big runs i guess...

Injured, along with the following players from either first choice side.

Fidel Edwards
Jerome Taylor
Adrian Barath
Chanderpaul
Peter Siddle
Stuart Clark
Ben Hilfenhaus
Atul Sharma

ok...that's a long list...Jerome Taylor came with a bang even Fidel Edwards showed some spark but never lived up to the expectations...couldn't make big name for themselves...
Atul Sharma?

umerz said:
ok...that's a long list...Jerome Taylor came with a bang even Fidel Edwards showed some spark but never lived up to the expectations...couldn't make big name for themselves...
Atul Sharma?

Well they are all better than Ravi Rampaul who is hopeless.

Bollinger gets Bravo, 5/288 - 32 to avoid the follow on

Bollinger now has his average down to 30.40 as the Indian contingent gaze on wistfully.... :)

Nash gone.

Wow... is the collapse really on? 25 runs need to avoid follow on with 4 wickets left.

Real Windies team this. So spectacular one day, so pathetic the other day.

Afridi_Fan said:

Pakistan will make these bowlers look like world class bowlers.. Mark my words

:))) This is brilliant from the Aussies.

11 runs needed... 2 wickets left.

What a collapse. Reminds me of Pakistan... these guys have done a brilliant imitation of our lineup.

11 runs and 1 wicket... absolute shambles.

Excellent pressure by the Aussies.

GONEEEEE just as I type..... Bollinger gets his 5 wicket haul. Brilliant performance. Will they make them bat again?

He has to enforce the follow-on. I think they can get the Windies out cheaply again. Although does he want to give his bowlers some rest?

Well bowled Bollinger. I doubt that Aussies will enforce the follow-on. Just 208 ahead.

Innings break: Australia have not enforced the follow on, they will be batting and looking for a bigger lead.

Sensible decision from Punter. How much will he need? May be 500?

Hussey off the mark with a cover drive for 4, hotspot shows that was pretty much of the middle, beautiful shot.

Pretty standard Collapse from W.I here. Aussies will take lead up towards 400+ and then look for a crushing win.

Unless W.I do what S.A did against Aussies and chase 400+ down...

And so Hussey's career ends.

WI made him, now WI have unmade him. Mr Cricket has become Mr Wicket. And Mr Wicket has buckley's chance of padding his average against Pakistan as Phil Hughes is going to be given a decent run in Tests now.

Well played Huss, but time to step aside now.

Where's Dubya?? Grow some balls and get out there son!

Back