Australia v West Indies | 3rd Test | WACA, Perth | 16 - 20 December 2009

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
No word yet on the teams.

Chanderpaul and Barath out for the West Indies

Siddle out for Australia, McKay to debut

About an hour and a half to go

Gayle wants a drawn series - meaning win the last test. I just read that "They have won three of their past 41 Tests"
One hour to start - start time 10:30 local time (02:30 GMT)

Australia win the toss and will bat. Only change is McKay makes his debut for Siddle.

WI have included Tonge for Sammy, Dowlin for Chanderpaul and Deoirsomething for Barath.

2 runs off the first over, CricIndia asleep at the wheel as usual and not giving speed gun readings. Because nobody is interested and his speed has not been in the news eh?

Random Aussie said:
2 runs off the first over, CricIndia asleep at the wheel as usual and not giving speed gun readings. Because nobody is interested and his speed has not been in the news eh?

He's barely hitting 144 KPH. Not as fast I thought he would be for the first over on this pitch.

Why is Rampaul opening the bowling?

He has got to be one of the more mediocre bowlers I have seen of late. Unless someone here has seen him in action and he is a lot better than his first two tests suggest.

kingusama92 said:
He's barely hitting 144 KPH. Not as fast I thought he would be for the first over on this pitch.

He takes a while to warm up. Handy of CricIndia to give us Rampaul's speeds though like anyone cares :)))

LOL there have obviously been a few comments to them. Like I said asleep at the wheel.

saqibsalman said:

He has got to be one of the more mediocre bowlers I have seen of late. Unless someone here has seen him in action and he is a lot better than his first two tests suggest.

No he is unmitigated rubbish as far as I have seen.

Random Aussie said:

Your wish is granted

cricinfo said:
Roach to Watson, no run, 142 kmh, short of a length outside off stump, Watson moves back and across, covers his off stump, and shoulders arms

Roach to Katich, 1 run, 144 kmh, but the line is too full on leg and middle, Katich moves across, like he usually does, and clips the ball off his pads behind square

Right, a lot of you have written in asking about Roach's pace ...

saqibsalman said:

Rampaul is pathetic. He's not much of a bowler in my opinion and he is never going to be successful against the Aussies.

Dropped at first slip by Gayle, relatively easy chance to his left, maybe the keeper should have gone for it but was pretty regulation one for first slip. Watson the beneficiary.

Gayle puts it down. Ramdin's fault for going for it and then stopping halfway.

Roach just hit 150.5 KPH.

Watson with another 4 this time clipped of the legs, looks in good form, moves on to27.

Aust 33-0

TV showing leading wkt taker at Perth,

McGrath with 52 has the most.

Curtly Ambrose has 24 wkts at an avg of 13 in three tests.

This Windies attack not looking too potent. I don't like Rampaul either. Very boring, defensive bowler.

I think the likes Aamer, Asif, Gul + Kaneria will give a sterner test to the Aussies.

Roach looking very flat for someone who bowls 150 k's. Not aggressive at all so far.

Remember Shoaib at the WACA when he was young. He was erratic but very aggressive.

Taylor is injured.

Tonge started well and has gone downhill, pretty much the story of every WI bowler in the modern day. They are fierce for a few overs then lost interest and bowl donkey overs.

0/76 a beating coming up for the WI in this match

Watson showing how a class batsman should play 66* off 89, some academic interest in whether he can hit a century before lunch. Probably not.

Out of interest to nobody but me, Watson now has a bowling average of 37.40 and a batting average of 33.71, it took Flintoff a very long time to get his averages to those levels.

Potential for a player who can average 40 with the bat and 30 with the ball. Before getting injured.

0/93 Benn comes on and tumbleweed rolls past this thread......

100 up for Aus in no time.

Twatson has been scoring pretty regularly these days. Good on him.

Get off strike Katich nobody except your wife likes watching you bat like a crab, Katich hoggng the strike so Watson can't get a 100 in a session. :pissed:

0/103 and I declare this match over. We are going to smash them.

The pitch doesn't look all that exciting.

Watson again misses out on a 100, out for 89 to Roach who then hits Ponting a decent blow.

1/132

Roach is testing Ponting with some short stuff. Already has a couple of bruises to show for his stay at the crease. Windies bowling better after lunch.

^ did he make his cry-baby face and trudge off slowly?

it is a sight to behold

saqibsalman said:
^ did he make his cry-baby face and trudge off slowly?

it is a sight to behold

Most probably. For such a big guy he is a bit of a sook. :D

1/146 and Roach is battering Ponting. Great stuff.

Awesome battle going on between Roach and Ponting.

Seems like Roach has won Round 1 and 2 so far. Ponting is on his heels... are we watching boxing or cricket?

What a fight back.

He's smashed him for a four then a brilliant six.

WOW... four more. Round 3 goes to Ponting.. he may have knocked him right out.. Roach is on the ropes folks.. :)))

Ponting thinks thats this is a 20/20 game

fantastic stuff from Ponting

Grow some balls Dubya, get back out there!!!

Missed Ponting's comeback at Roach.... good response. It looks like he wanted to make a point before walking off.

Last edited:
Lets hope Punter is fit to face :asif

I don't want any excuses when Aussies will lose the Boxing Day test.
:akhtar

I reckon if there is any fracture, it has to be Olecranon Process of ulna of Punter.

1/199 off 49 overs, still 41 overs to go we should get well in excess of 300 today.

ye rawan tabsira aap ki khidmat mein, Wills Filter Cigarette bananay walay idaaray, Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited ke taavun se pesh kia ja raha hay.

d0gers said:
ye rawan tabsira aap ki khidmat mein, Wills Filter Cigarette bananay walay idaaray, Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited ke taavun se pesh kia ja raha hay.
Khabardaar : Tambaakonoshi Sehat key liye Muzir hai. Wizarat-E-Sehat Hakoomat-E-Pakistan.

Inshallah Ponting will score century this match...

update -An update on Ponting: Scans have shown no bone damage at all. He'll keep icing it and will bat again today if required.

Not the same old Perth which all sub continent teams feared play at because of its pace.

Back