Australia vs India | 1st Test | Melbourne | Boxing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackal786 said:
Australia scored 400 runs on day 1 at adelaide in 2004/05 and went on to lose the Test against India. So don't get ahead of yourselves. :p

haha indians are always accusing pakistanis of living in the past and bringing up past records.... :)) :))

jackal786 said:
It is a flat pitch. Those were superb deliveries. Pitch did absolutely nothing. Kumble's wickets are more due to lack of practice against Kumble.

wait till india bats...

yeah...but one more wicket before 200 and india are back in it ....

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
wait till india bats...

The famous line they were always throwing at us in the recent series. They could not believe their groudsmen would do such a thing to create a flat pitch.

Any way not that one sided for the time being .Still only two bowlers are bowling well .Thats the main concern .

Australia still has Symonds and Gilly. So India has a long way to go before completely coming back into the game.

Clarke almost got into trouble by not offering shot and ball just missed off stump.

Hayden is about to get his 5th Test hundred in the last 6 years at MCG !! That is some phenomenal record on a specific ground.

Clarke escaped to other end.. dang.. these guys you have to get them early otherwise.. they will become unstoppable.

Hayden is nicely protecting Clarke against left armers in the initial period.

Zaheer's delivery is some what similar to Wasim's famous delivery to Lamb albeit not that much swing .

Warne on at tea time to talk about his role in Cricket Australia - dealing with state side captains and spinners

Harbhajan "We can dance if we want to" Singh back on
Aus 204-3 after 52 overs

Commentators mentioned how flat this wicket is...hopefully India wud be able to get them all out before 400... As usual, Bhajji is useless...they shud have picked Kartik or Piyush Chawla... Bhajji has been given enuf chances...new talent is required

I am not watching the match, too much tension. 400 is the max India can afford to let Aus score without putting pressure on themselves. In fact anything over 350 is too much. Flat pitch or no flat pitch.

rahulrulezz said:
Commentators mentioned how flat this wicket is...hopefully India wud be able to get them all out before 400... As usual, Bhajji is useless...they shud have picked Kartik or Piyush Chawla... Bhajji has been given enuf chances...new talent is required

ditto!

Dhonifan said:
I am not watching the match, too much tension. 400 is the max India can afford to let Aus score without putting pressure on themselves. In fact anything over 350 is too much. Flat pitch or no flat pitch.
come on buddy it is only day 1- enjoy the game!

siddharth said:
Zaheer's delivery is some what similar to Wasim's famous delivery to Lamb albeit not that much swing .

In fact Wasim mentioned this during the tea break in Star sports - He said the only difference was that he got reverse swing and Zaheer's one was conventional.

Clarke out ct at 2nd slip by Laxman off RP Singh
Aus 225-4

Last edited:
Dhoni misses half a chance of Symonds off Zaheer. Symonds flicks and Dhoni dives but the ball was maybe couple of inches away

My favorite man Gilly in.. ! Let him score against any other team.. Let him continue his generally poor run against India (apart from those 3 centuries!)

Wow, India did pull back nicely here. It looks much much better than what I saw early morning.
It's refreshing to hear some quality commentary after a long time, finally some respite from shiva, arun and gang!

Gilly in and I am sleepy :happySwit . I hope he doesn't do anything special tonight

purplehaze said:
Wow, India did pull back nicely here. It looks much much better than what I saw early morning.
It's refreshing to hear some quality commentary after a long time, finally some respite from shiva, arun and gang!

:)) yea.. it is like moving from streets to luxurious hotel.

Quick question.....who are you guys supporting ? I know you love to hate India....but even against world cricket bullies Australia ?

Two more wickets here and it's India's day.....anything under 400 would be a shock to the aussie system...

saffer said:
Quick question.....who are you guys supporting ? I know you love to hate India....but even against world cricket bullies Australia ?

I thought hard for two weeks and finally decided to support India!

Alright with Symonds being one, India needs one more wicket to have a decent day preferably Gilly boy.

saffer said:

India is doing good now i guess i will support them. :p

It is irritating to see one left hander after other. Jaques, Hayden, Hussey, Gilly, Hoggy.

jackal786 said:
From 135/0 it is a pretty decent come back by India.

Really, it's gr8 come back! Feels good that war of words has been backed up by some decent performance. :p

Indians are doing well now to restrict aussies to 270 for 7. sorry for those pak fans who wanted aussies to thrash india. LOL

Excellent performance from India. With the start Aus got, anything under 400 was going to take something special. Good disciplined bowling and some over zealous shots have done the trick.

Even if this means India will take the number 2 spot from S.a ..i must say i'm loving this....ha ha ha ha...go india !!!

Kumble 5fer on day 1. That's just brilliant. This is going to be a very interesting test match. Come on India bowl Aussie out under 320! Would love to see Aussie attack under pressure if Indians can pile on the runs.

10 overs till stumps and the light is looking great thanks to the summer. Will India get the remaining 2 wickets before close of play?

Yes....that's what i want to see....how well Australia can play when they are under pressure . They have been free of the self doubt that other teams struggle with for so long....and the great thing about cricket is that it's a huge mind game...if the Aussies perception of invicibility goes , so will their winning ways...

Bhajji is bowling like Jacka**.. Otherwise India would have been in better position.

India needs an attacking off-spinner like Powar. Harbhajan has been throwing very quick darters all day very defensive indeed.

If only India had a decent fielding to back it up, this bowling attack would have been little more potent.

Ouch.. that must have hurt.. getting hit for six after the decision not going his way..

well....if india can just get a small lead here...we will see a very humbled australian team who will need to do something they haven't done in a long time...deal with pressure .

if India rack up somewhere around 450, aussie will be under the pump.

Last edited:
India should have gone with Pathan in place of Bhajji who cannot take wickets to save his life. Batting atleast would have been stronger.

eassam said:
I wouldnt count out the Australia yet, they can bowl teams out cheaply at will.

337 is a good score for most of the touring teams in Australia :p . By Australian standard it 337 for 9 is slightly less. Otherwise it is still a decent total to work with considering the fact India bats in 4th innings.

Only chance of upset is if India racks up huge total which is too early to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back