Australia vs India | 1st Test | Melbourne | Boxing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarathaPride said:
Jaffer's double hundred against Pak has made him overconfident. :(

It's all Pakistan's fault. If they hadn't let him score so much, Jaffa would have been under pressure to retain his place and he would have come out determined to prove his critics wrong.
:D

I think there is a strong case to include Sehwag in the next test. Even if he gets out for 20, at least he will have taken some sheen off the bowling

Dhonifan said:
It's all Pakistan's fault. If they hadn't let him score so much, Jaffa would have been under pressure to retain his place and he would have come out determined to prove his critics wrong.
:D

LOL!!

I feel sorry for Dravid. But Australians are bowling to a plan with packed off side. One temptation can result in a wicket. Dravid has been resisting for a long long time.

Johnson gets a wicket then was given a no ball !

Last edited:
Dravid caught off a no ball having been dropped earlier. Still on 0 after 28 deliveries....

Dravid.. lol hahahah man.. he kept on leaving the balls . He tried two shots... one shot was grassed.. next shot was off the noball !!

Aussie bowlers bowling with a plan. Packed off side field just trying to get a nick.

Lucky Dravid- Johnson finds the edge,caught in first slip but NO BALL....survived.
Ind- 7/1 after 12 ov.
Drvid still on 0 off 37 balls.

dont lose heart guys, our batsmen are just waiting for aussies to tire out bowling, tire out stopping the ball in covers and throwing it back to wicketkeeper, tire out from boredome...

...then watch the runs flow...

Dhonifan said:
dont lose heart guys, our batsmen are just waiting for aussies to tire out bowling, tire out stopping the ball in covers and throwing it back to wicketkeeper, tire out from boredome...

...then watch the runs flow...
and also after 5:30-6 pm Aussie will leave as mommy won't let them stay out late. After that runs will flow like Niagra falls. It will be 433+ by tomorrow morning

Last edited:
Im tryingg to watch this match as a neutral cricket fan ut somehow I keep rooting for the Aussies.

Bye bye dravid!!

Dravids innings will live long in the memory,,,,

we will all tell this story to our grandchildren and it will be passed down generation after generation and become LEGEND................

Rahul dravid was terrible .God only knows what was in his mind .He just stayed inside a shell which he has been for a while .sigh.....5 runs off 66 balls !

12thMan said:
and also after 5:30-6 pm Aussie will leave as mommy won't let them stay out late. After that runs will flow like Niagra falls. It will be 433+ by tomorrow morning

you punched 2 3s by mistake. yes, it will be 43+ tomorrow morning, i have faith. :))

Dravid's over cautiousness against not so extraordinary bowling has caused his dismissal. Playing out new ball doesn't mean scoring 5 off 66. But in his defense he was asked to do something he didn't want to do.

Dravid was looking really shaky! He I think was kind of lacking confidence!
He was put of his misery! He was really inconsistent, didn't really see the Dravid that is usally him!

jackal786 said:
Dravid's over cautiousness against not so extraordinary bowling has caused his dismissal. Playing out new ball doesn't mean scoring 5 off 66. But in his defense he was asked to do something he didn't want to do.
what is the difference that makes after 12 -15 overs ? :13: .Had Karthik/jaffer out in the 2nd ball he will be there in the first obver itself . Dravid is struggling to find his form .

nice interview of Tendu going on. part two to come after a message from Surf

siddharth said:
what is the difference that makes after 12 -15 overs ? :13: .Had Karthik/jaffer out in the 2nd ball he will be there in the first obver itself . Dravid is struggling to find his form .

Only way you are going to do that is by sending him at no.6 not at no.1.

Bowling was not even that good. Apart from few low kept deliveries pitch looked okay. Self-imposed defensive attitude did not put pressure on Austrlian bowlign.

India has no excuse for not getting enough practice on this good batting surface.

jackal786 said:
India has no excuse for not getting enough practice on this good batting surface.
But the fielding was top class ,compare that with our pathetic display yesterday.

I said that India will lose by over 100 runs. And the series 3-0 or 4-0. Saw half an hour tonight. Thinking of changing the prediction to lose by 200 runs.......

Good morning people.
Looks Dravid was slow, but glad he played out 11 new ball overs atleast. Next 2 session will hopefully be ours- best sessions to bat in this match perhaps!

jackal786 said:
Only way you are going to do that is by sending him at no.6 not at no.1.
That is true .Poor dravid ,no one wants to open and a terribly out of form man had to do the job . But Who else ? Gangu ? Yuvi? Tendu ? .I think in the second innings they should send any one other than Dravid .

purplehaze said:
Good morning people.
Looks Dravid was slow, but glad he played out 11 new ball overs atleast. Next 2 session will hopefully be ours- best sessions to bat in this match perhaps!
That was too much of a torture .Over cautious over defensive ,over over ..... :pissed:

Boundary View said:
I said that India will lose by over 100 runs. And the series 3-0 or 4-0. Saw half an hour tonight. Thinking of changing the prediction to lose by 200 runs.......

and you already gave up? Let me guess- are you a Pakistan fan?

If only India had pathan in place of irritating bhajji they could have sent Pathan to open and laxman at 3 and Dravid at 6.

purplehaze said:
and you already gave up? Let me guess- are you a Pakistan fan?
we don't give up. if he was/is a Pakistani fan then he is showing more confidence

siddharth said:
That is true .Poor dravid ,no one wants to open and a terribly out of form man had to do the job . But Who else ? Gangu ? Yuvi? Tendu ? .I think in the second innings they should send any one other than Dravid .

Harbhajan :p That guy can't do anything right with bowling. Make him face against Lee.

siddharth said:
That was too much of a torture .Over cautious over defensive ,over over ..... :pissed:

I didn't watch that, just got up :D, it looked slow (25/30 runs) but it was good that at least he played out a session completely.
We have ample of time to score runs, so some credit to Dravid should be given for staying 11 overs in the middle?

If India scores 25 runs per session losing 2 wickets every session lol India will be 100/8 by tomorrow afternoon.

jackal786 said:
If India scores 25 runs per session losing 2 wickets every session lol India will be 100/8 by tomorrow afternoon.

Ball is 21 overs old, shining sun, great pitch without grass- next two sessions will be run feast for sure...

Yes I am a Pakistan fan. BUT I am not anti-Indian by any means. I cannot understand the mentality of Pakistan fans wanting the aussies to win. Pakistan originated from India and we have close links with each other. They are our neighbours. I honestly want India to win. I have stated before that India are far superior in every department to Pakistan. BUT - the Aussies will win this series 3-0 or 4-0 and it will be a very one-sided series. India are a very ordinary side. What that makes Pakistan is unprintable - but that is not the discussion we are having. You will not be competetive against the Aussies.

Hello folks,

Stuck at work so can't watch. Seems like AUS have really put IND under some serious pressure.

It is a good batting surface.. that is the sad thing. Hope India gets atleast 300.

purplehaze said:
I didn't watch that, just got up :D, it looked slow (25/30 runs) but it was good that at least he played out a session completely.
We have ample of time to score runs, so some credit to Dravid should be given for staying 11 overs in the middle?[/QUOTE]

Okay credit given .But did that 11 overs helped his confidence ,he was playing Andrew symonds like Michael holding :9:

PlanetPakistan said:
Hello folks,

Stuck at work so can't watch. Seems like AUS have really put IND under some serious pressure.

You didn't miss much.

I was falling asleep.

Lunch has finished and the players are coming back onto the field

siddharth said:
he was playing Andrew symonds like Michael holding :9:

Didn't know that :O, well ... I think I'll keep all news channel off tonight.
Flashnews: "WALL kyon gir padi" would be all over the place I'm sure

purplehaze said:
Didn't know that :O, well ... I think I'll keep all news channel off tonight.
Flashnews: "WALL kyon gir padi" would be all over the place I'm sure
They will also be looking for the Humpty Dumpty who sat on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back