Australia vs Sri Lanka | ICC World T20 Super8: Match 8 | Bridgetown | 5/9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Australia squad

MJ Clarke*, DT Christian, BJ Haddin†, RJ Harris, NM Hauritz, DJ Hussey, MEK Hussey, MG Johnson, DP Nannes, TD Paine†, SPD Smith, SW Tait, DA Warner, SR Watson, CL White

Sri Lanka squad

KC Sangakkara*†, LD Chandimal, TM Dilshan, CU Jayasinghe, ST Jayasuriya, DPMD Jayawardene, S Randiv, CK Kapugedera, KMDN Kulasekara, SL Malinga, AD Mathews, BAW Mendis, NLTC Perera, T Thushara, UWMBCA Welegedara

Big game that starts in 30mins.

Two very powerful teams, playing differing brands of cricket, but effective in their own way.

I think everyones too busy celebrating indias lost that they forgot about this game :))

WithLoveFromCanada said:
Mate then England will lose to NZ so that they avoid Australia who'll finish second in the group then!
Pak need to beat SA first which is looking very unlikely

Aussies have won the toss and will bat first

Unchanged side which won against India the last game

Angelo to open the bowling. Watson to face.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
we're likely to do things which seem unlikely than the ones likely.
australia may still top the group even if they lose today. If they beat WI and Sri lanka lose to india then Aussies are top

but that game is after England and NZ's game. Mark my words only Australia being at the top of Group A can ensure England go out and give their 100% to win the game against NZ.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
but that game is after England and NZ's game. Mark my words only Australia being at the top of Group A can ensure England go out and give their 100% to win the game against NZ.
maybe ur right. I guess in that case pak fans should be supporting the aussies today

Omar Malik said:
SO your supporting the Aussies right?!
Yes, now i am after u pointed that scenario out. the funny thing is that England have won both their games and still not guaranteed to go through while pak have lost their last 3 and still in with a chance to go through

Good start from the Lankans.

Chappel was right, Haddin doesn't hang around. :)))

Aussies crumbled against Bangladesh, so it might be a repeat performance.

150 would be a decent score.

com on MALIIIII. great catch.

I back Sri Lanka and WI.....

Like I said previously, Australia peaked in their India match. Plateau for the next match and then knockout in semis

SL all over Australia here ,just like last year.

Was that a doosra? Certainly came out of the back of the hand, maybe just an overspinner.

Sledger said:
Was that a doosra? Certainly came out of the back of the hand, maybe just an overspinner.
the one that goes the other way. I think it was

i dunt understand this excuse someone made above if AUssies looses today and seconds in GroupA then England dunt wana win their group. absolute stupidity.. If england fears so much from Aussies then they can escape in Semis and wut if aussies wins in semi then in final they have to face again.. and England wana top their group so they can challenge aussies if they seconds and England vs Aussie is same lyke India vs Pak so England is not afraid of aussie anymore trust me.....

Australia still don't seem to have the spin monkey off their back. Clarke is by far their best player of spin but the rest have problems. Ajmal also troubled the Australians, Afridi's form is awful and Hafeez ins't a spinner.

chui_kadoo said:
r there any indian players still at the ground watching the game?

Just Jadeja, they drove off without him. :)))

Aussies can still pull this back in the last 10 overs.

What's being proven here is that the Aussie batting has serious consistency issues if Watson and MEK Hussey don't fire.

KingKhanWC said:
Just Jadeja, they drove off without him. :)))

Aussies can still pull this back in the last 10 overs.
jadeja should hopefully be the most expensive player in the next edition of IPL

Mendis into the attack; don't think White has seen much of him.

White just hit a six off the inside half of the bat.. :|

match is too boring, will wait till Tait and Nannes come to bowl.

Sanga should bring some pace on against White and Clarke. They chew on slow stuff.

Unlucky Randiv. That should have been taken. He's got Clarke now, bowled him. :14:

Lankans are showing the Aussies can be tamed.

Lankans keeping it tight.

76-5 after 12

Aus will wait until the 16th over then go for it.

If Aussies lose this one, and Gayle's boys do it again tomorrow, it will be deja vu from last year.

taaveez said:
If Aussies lose this one, and Gayle's boys do it again tomorrow, it will be deja vu from last year.

What an anticlimax would it be if the Aussies were to go out somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back