Sri Lanka v Australia | 2nd ODI | Adelaide

SL_Fan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Match delayed by a wet outfield

Sri Lanka squad
DPMD Jayawardene*, AD Mathews, LD Chandimal†, A Dananjaya, TM Dilshan, RMS Eranga, HMRKB Herath, KMDN Kulasekara, RAS Lakmal, SL Malinga, BAW Mendis, BMAJ Mendis, MDKJ Perera, NLTC Perera, WU Tharanga, HDRL Thirimanne

Australia squad
GJ Bailey*, BCJ Cutting, XJ Doherty, AJ Finch, BJ Haddin†, PJ Hughes, DJ Hussey, MG Johnson, UT Khawaja, CJ McKay, GJ Maxwell, KW Richardson, SPD Smith

Dr bassim please support sri lanka if you cant support india..we are neighbours bro.

Chandi out as well just what we needed

Someone needs to tell Malinga this is an IPL match

Someone needs to tell Malinga this is an IPL match

We need some cheerleaders and Indian billionaires. Some IPL sloggers will also do :msd
Malinga was a class bowler but seems like too much t20 has ruined him. Only good for t20 now.

We need some cheerleaders and Indian billionaires. Some IPL sloggers will also do :msd
Malinga was a class bowler but seems like too much t20 has ruined him. Only good for t20 now.

Useless in T20s as well when plying for us

Which format was he good in before? As far as I can remember, he was only ever just good in ODIs, and average in tests.

SL desparately needs some quick bowlers, kulasekra cant trouble batsmen with this pace

Which format was he good in before? As far as I can remember, he was only ever just good in ODIs, and average in tests.

Like you said, he used to be a good ODI bowler. IPL/ Money has ruined him. Should stick top playing IPL/ Big bash

Yeah cut from the same DLF cloth

It's funny how the same players transform into super heroes in front of cheerleaders/ millionaire owners. SL are missing a Vaas more than a Murali, atleast Herath is a worthwhile replacement.

You probably haven't seen much of him then

No, I haven't.

But What does that mean? Was he world class in ODIs and Tests too?

I checked his stats and it's mediocre in Tests. In ODIs, it's pretty good for this era, but he averages 29 against non-minnows and 31 against top 6. To me, that's Gul level.

It's funny how the same players transform into super heroes in front of cheerleaders/ millionaire owners. SL are missing a Vaas more than a Murali, atleast Herath is a worthwhile replacement.

Yeah yorker after yorker in IPL but half volleys, full tosses and other garbage for SL. Even his fielding has turned into rubbish. Used to be one of our best. Doesn't really seem to care any more. Sad stuff. Yeah we took Vassy for granted. He can probably still bowl better than this lot.

No, I haven't.

But What does that mean? Was he world class in ODIs and Tests too?

I checked his stats and it's mediocre in Tests. In ODIs, it's pretty good for this era, but he averages 29 against non-minnows and 31 against top 6. To me, that's Gul level.

I don't think his Test stats do him justice. Before the injury he was one of those bowlers who looked like taking a wicket every ball. After he was still decent but lost a bit of his venom.

Hughes out, LOL at reviewing that. It was plumb, Good bowling by Sri lanka

Last edited:
Way better field placements. Gave away easy singles the whole game last match.

Malinga gave away 2 there pathetic fieldinf. Wake the f up!

Looks a bigger crowd than the 1st odi, or it could just be that Adelaide is tiny compared to the monstrosity that is the MCG.

Perera comes in. This could undo all the good work.

Perera looks to be 5 months pregnant.

Another missed run out. Need to take these half chances. Aus will.

It seems like Australia are fielding 11 Inzamams out there, looking at their running between the wicket.

Only hit the stumps when the batsman is in seems to be the SL mantra.

Suicidal running by the OZs in the last couple of matches. Is Shane watson their new fielding coach?

The ball is swinging and seaming and Malinga bowling half trackers and too straight. What a moron.

Magnificient shot. Malinga looks about as threatening as a teletubby

The ball is swinging and seaming and Malinga bowling half trackers and too straight. What a moron.

To be fair, Malinga has never really been known to seam the ball. It probably has something to do with his action/ type of bowling. Not swinging the new ball on this pitch is criminal though

To be fair, Malinga has never really been known to seam the ball. It probably has something to do with his action/ type of bowling. Not swinging the new ball on this pitch is criminal though

Yeah true but need to pitch the ball up outside off because he does swing the ball. This tool is bowling half trackers. And now gets a wicket but from another rubbish ball. Near no ball as well. Lucky.

Funny how he was bowling like a boss in BBL. Toe crushers, bouncers, swing, good slower balls the whole shebang. I just can't figure it out.

SL have a poor batting line up today. No sanga/ Chandimal. 200 plus will be a tough chase on this pitch

Funny how he was bowling like a boss in BBL. Toe crushers, bouncers, swing, good slower balls the whole shebang. I just can't figure it out.

Money. Format makes a difference too, lower quality players as well. Batsmen slogging. T2o in a nushell

I say field Malinga at silly mid off every time he bowls rubbish. Pretty sure he'll get it right in a hurry.

Would be funny if SL were playing an odi series during the IPL. What do you think Malinga would do?

Money. Format makes a difference too, lower quality players as well. Batsmen slogging. T2o in a nushell

Good ball is a good ball though. Not talking about wickets and runs conceded but just about the quality of the bowling. Look at the tool he's still bowling short and straight WTH??

:out only Smith though probably not even worth half a wicket.

Back