Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

People who do not know Bangladeshi bowling attack underestimate them often. I saw people from this forum called some of our bowlers as trundlers, one leg bowler and so on. However, the bowling of Bangladesh is pretty good. They can be deceptive. It's true that, they don't have express pace, but, if pace would have been the only success criterions for a bowler, SA wouldn't have conceded more than 300 in a back to back match.

They are disciplined for sure. They can put a squeeze on the opposition and buy wickets.

Can't remember the last time a boundary was hit.... feeling like YK and Misbah batting.

They are disciplined for sure. They can put a squeeze on the opposition and buy wickets.

And discipline is the key in ODIs, that is why BD has been pretty decent in this format. No point in having Rabada, Ngidi, Shaheen, Hasan etc if they cant bowl one channel and according to their field.

My prediction

India 9
England 8
New zealand 8
Australia 6
West indies 5
South africa 3
Bangladesh 3
Srilanka 2
Pakistan 1
Afghanistan 0

Pakistan and afghanistan may swap places.

My prediction

India 9
England 8
New zealand 8
Australia 6
West indies 5
South africa 3
Bangladesh 3
Srilanka 2
Pakistan 1
Afghanistan 0

Pakistan and afghanistan may swap places.
We will crash in group stage :(
Top 3 batsmen n bumrah excluded there is nothing to look for

We will crash in group stage :(
Top 3 batsmen n bumrah excluded there is nothing to look for

Dhoni looks in some real form and Rahul for the first time looked decent in middle in the warm up match.

Same Misbah is talking very big now a days.

All these ex-players run their mouth after retirement. If I were Misbah I'd shut up and focus on social work after I successfully took Pak to number 8-9 in the rankings.

He is under pressure since they lost test series to Srl.

He won't be captain in ODIs after the WC. I think he will retire from tests soon . He said the World T20 will be his last tournament for SA. So don't get where the pressure is coming from.

Having all rounder like Shakib in lineup is such a luxury

He won't be captain in ODIs after the WC. I think he will retire from tests soon . He said the World T20 will be his last tournament for SA. So don't get where the pressure is coming from.

Oh. Didnt know he is retiring after T20 WC.

Mashrafe going at more than 8 runs per over

Find it odd that BD fans are chanting in Urdu.

"Zor se bolo..... Bangladesh"

And discipline is the key in ODIs, that is why BD has been pretty decent in this format. No point in having Rabada, Ngidi, Shaheen, Hasan etc if they cant bowl one channel and according to their field.

SA bowling reminds me of Pakistan's quite a lot. They don't look that impressive without Steyn.

Mashrafe going to cost Bangladesh today. He is playing with injury I believe. Should've just sat this one out. No one's too good or too valuable to have to play with an injury.

The commentators got the saying completely wrong when they said "If you're bored of London, you're bored of life".

It's supposed to be: when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life

Lol that one poster talking about Misbah taking us to 8.

Pakistan won a lot more games when Misbah was there and saved Pakistan from a lot of embarrassment.

Sarfaraz is nothing compared to Misbah, Sarfaraz has solidified Pakistan's minnow status

They need Faf. You can't hreaten Faf with spin. He played most of his IPL matches on the most turning wicket of the season.

The commentators got the saying completely wrong when they said "If you're bored of London, you're bored of life".

It's supposed to be: when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life

:)) That is something I would expect Rameez to say

Markham has shown in tests he can accelerate. Just needs to improve his strike rotation. Showing signs of that already.

Saffer bats gaining in confidence... ominous signs for BD. Need a wicket ASAP.

JP and Tahir as well. Amla and Steyn wont last much longer.

South African team will look very different in 2023.

Rabada, Ngidi, Markram, Malan, Hamza, Sipamla will probably be the key going forward.

Will Markhram slow down as he approaches his fifty :babar

This pitch has turn but its slow turn....

South Africa batsmen need to find the boundary every 8-10 balls against the spinners.

Lol that one poster talking about Misbah taking us to 8.

Pakistan won a lot more games when Misbah was there and saved Pakistan from a lot of embarrassment.

Sarfaraz is nothing compared to Misbah, Sarfaraz has solidified Pakistan's minnow status

Us?

Why couldn't Taskin play in this team?

He is better than these medium pacers

Man this Saif guy is such a meetha bowler.... take him off bring in Riyad

i said it b4 this is a 400 wicket..nothing in for spinners or fast. South africa should do this

I feel BD picked an ideal side for UAE, India or BD. They have spinners and pacers who can bowl wicket to wicket. These are worth their weight in gold on slow low pitches, but here even Saf are playing them with ease. Needed more faster pacers.

Rubel is a miss here. Without Rubel the attack is slower than it is. Fizz only one carrying the pace, with two 75-82mph slow mediums. Rubel is a wicket taker! Takes crucial wickets.

Instead of Mithun or Saiduddin I’d picked Rubel.

Mahmudulla would be handy if he can bowl. Saikat have to do his job. Mash and Saifudding will hurt us as long as they continue to bowl.

I see a guy holding an umbrella? Rain is going to ruin SA again? They better keep their wicekts in hand.

4 runs in last 8 balls for Markhram.... slowing down near milestone :babar

Saifuddin is good late on with yorkers. Ideally should come into the bowling 25+ overs onwards

Back