Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

Ban going well....entertaining to watch...awesome by Soumya...GO BD....all the best from an indian fan...cheers :)

Faf is an overrated captain. Or atleast very poor at reading pitches. Morgan, in the post match presser, said that the pitch was slow and got slower in the 2nd innings. You would have thought that he would bat first here atleast. Instead he chooses to bowl on the same used which is bound to be even slower.

I agree with this. Its mind boggling bowling first today. All Bangladesh need is something decent and they'll be favorites. If they get to 300 its game over. Shame, by the time SA play us they will be desperate for wins and that's not good for us :))

It's a used pitch. Not a fresh one like the one PAK got. Harder to get that kind of zip here.

Still the difference is in batting technique and mind set - both PAK openers panic against short ball and never tries to dominate the bowler. And, they have very little in horizontal bat shots - no pull, hook or cut, unless it's a genuine long hop. Playing UAE wicket doesn't help either.

I agree with this. Its mind boggling bowling first today. All Bangladesh need is something decent and they'll be favorites. If they get to 300 its game over. Shame, by the time SA play us they will be desperate for wins and that's not good for us :))

They'll have Steyn back for Pakistan so think that might be a more difficult proposition anyway.

BD fans, all desis are supporting you today but be modest after you beat the Saffers.

Still the difference is in batting technique and mind set - both PAK openers panic against short ball and never tries to dominate the bowler. And, they have very little in horizontal bat shots - no pull, hook or cut, unless it's a genuine long hop. Playing UAE wicket doesn't help either.

They should look at Sarkar today. 2 short balls 2 smacks for 4. Bowlers think twice about bowling short again. We had Haris ducking every short ball

Last time i watched Ban, Liton Das was beating the pulp out of Indian bowlers including Bumrah in the Asia Cup final. Whatever happened to him?

They should look at Sarkar today. 2 short balls 2 smacks for 4. Bowlers think twice about bowling short again. We had Haris ducking every short ball

Said this before, bouncers are a great opportunity to hit boundaries if you are a good back foot player.

pakistan given fast pitch.. BCCI = ICC making sure pakistan's life is difficult

Babar plays short ball well. I still don't think Pakistan are that. That pitch was not s straightforward one to bat one. It rushed off the deck faster than the batsmen expected. This pitch the short ball is not coming on as quickly I feel.

this desi is not supporting BD.. but if they win today i guess we will see naagin dance in full flow

pakistan given fast pitch.. BCCI = ICC making sure pakistan's life is difficult

Wow...whilst @ that...why not just present the cup to India, the player of tournament to VK, the MOm's in all 9 matches + semi's and finals to the whole batting order...:)

Last edited:
Bangladesh should keep the scoreboard ticking.. not the time to slow down.. get those singles and twos

bangladesh not looking for nihari unlike pakistan players.. Sarfaraz with his thid(stomatch) eating korma right now i guess..

280 is par for SA batting. They have 2/3 real batters. BD need to play little conservatively.

Babar plays short ball well. I still don't think Pakistan are that. That pitch was not s straightforward one to bat one. It rushed off the deck faster than the batsmen expected. This pitch the short ball is not coming on as quickly I feel.

Still, 10 wickets in 21 overs (actually first 9 in 17) was too shallow. They never played to apply & fight it out. Babar I think was dropped once and then got out to a loose poke.

Last time i watched Ban, Liton Das was beating the pulp out of Indian bowlers including Bumrah in the Asia Cup final. Whatever happened to him?

He is in good form now, but others are in better form for Bangladesh right at this moment.

He has hit 2 half centuries in last 2 matches with an impressive strike rate but have to miss out due to team combination.

In this team, 9 players can bat having an average more than 20. Mash comes at 10 who can also hit a few. Only, Mustafiz can't hold the bat well.

Still, 10 wickets in 21 overs (actually first 9 in 17) was too shallow. They never played to apply & fight it out. Babar I think was dropped once and then got out to a loose poke.

I think Pakistan were actually surprised with the venom with which West Indies bowled. I think it's just a one off day. They will come back well in the next matches.

Thank God the umpire's call went in Bangladesh's favor. Faf is low key happy as well..

This pitch looks the best of all for batting used in this WC. Good start for us, depends on partnership and how long our dynamite Soumya stays

Soumya scored a double hundred in his last list A match in our premier one day club competition a month back.

Last edited:

Just bat first and put on 280. These guys won't chase anything.

Liton was class in the asia cup.....looking fwd to seeing him carving the saffer bowlers who look to be lacking in intensity....meanwhile ...the pitch look good...somethng in it for all bowlers and comes on to bat also...if BD focus well and step int up in the last 15...we can get 320...after that SAF wil be under pressure...

Seeing Bangladesh after a long time

Other than babar no one in Pakistan compares with Bangladesh’s batting talent

Simply no comparison

If the pitch favors a bit in 2nd half and we post a 300 plus total we can win it. Still a long way to go though. I am happy that we have played the best of all Asian team so far.

It is clear that all Asian teams are now being targeted with short bowling.. one more falls.. :out

Liton was class in the asia cup.....looking fwd to seeing him carving the saffer bowlers who look to be lacking in intensity....meanwhile ...the pitch look good...somethng in it for all bowlers and comes on to bat also...if BD focus well and step int up in the last 15...we can get 320...after that SAF wil be under pressure...

Liton isnt in the team. Mithun is.

Rr is good , just play sensibly and get to 280+

2 down for 76. Short ball does the trick for both openers..

Soumya Sarkar has very poor temperament. Plays a few nice shots, but will always give you a chance and get himself out.

A big big loss. We need a partnership here ,at least of 80 plus

Bangladesh's cream is batting now.. big partnership this.. will define fortunes for the next month or so.

Need to put a partnership now, openers have done their job but Soumya should have carried here. It wasn't short ball, rather he was fooled by the slower slower bouncer. Ball will get softer and the RR is quite good - batting out 50 overs should take the score to 275+

as I said.. I can come and say what i feel like. This is an open forum right ?

270+ is bare minimum. 300+ will put the match out of South Africa's reach. Bangladesh is perfectly capable. Just needs to guard nerves here

I wanted Liton in the line up. He is in good Nick , a good innings is due from Mithun.

Short balls and Asian teams don't work well; it seems.

i agree to that.. but so are you guys insinuating here that India was given favorite treatment in terms of scheduling. But so be it. We take pride in the fact that our country in such a strong position to dictate terms to other countries. India is the heart beat of cricket and IPL is the pulse.. get over it.

Color quota or not, Andile is quite underrated here - he makes SAF side on merit for sure.

Soumya Sarkar has very poor temperament. Plays a few nice shots, but will always give you a chance and get himself out.

True...He's the KL of ind, the babar of pak and the kusal of SL...when he middles them he looks a million dollars...then its a concentration fade and he's back...

Mushfiq and Shakib at the crease now, the main guys. Good thing is we bat deep with all rounders down to 9 and then Mashrafe at 10

i agree to that.. but so are you guys insinuating here that India was given favorite treatment in terms of scheduling. But so be it. We take pride in the fact that our country in such a strong position to dictate terms to other countries. India is the heart beat of cricket and IPL is the pulse.. get over it.

Yes, we are saying that on a Pakistani forum. Like Indians talk trash about pak on Indian forums, you don't see us going over there and trolling like you are here.

Last edited:
Back