Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

i agree to that.. but so are you guys insinuating here that India was given favorite treatment in terms of scheduling. But so be it. We take pride in the fact that our country in such a strong position to dictate terms to other countries. India is the heart beat of cricket and IPL is the pulse.. get over it.

Ipl is **** compared to icc wc ... I am an Indian ... Please stop these posts here in commentary thread

i agree to that.. but so are you guys insinuating here that India was given favorite treatment in terms of scheduling. But so be it. We take pride in the fact that our country in such a strong position to dictate terms to other countries. India is the heart beat of cricket and IPL is the pulse.. get over it.

There is a separate thread to make your case. Don't post junk here.

Umpires are giving bowlers some space in this WC in terms of wide & bounce, which I think is right approach - at least something there should be for the bowlers.

Soumya Sarkar is a fine explosive talent but his problem is getting carried away, over confident! That bouncer was going wide with an angle, down leg and so high enough, easily should’ve ducked but no! He fancied a HOOK. Needed another 25-35 runs from sarkar, maybe a ton. He was looking so dangerous!

This WC schedule is worst for IND - least time to play 9 games and apart from the BD game, they'll travel each time from one city to another. Not sure how it's favoring an over aged side.

This WC schedule is worst for IND - least time to play 9 games and apart from the BD game, they'll travel each time from one city to another. Not sure how it's favoring an over aged side.

Agreed. We are not making to semis this time, sad end to dhoni career.

Bangla will need south africa to choke , bangladeshi bowling looks pretty club level on paper but South africa still might choke undder pressure.
Faf must be pretty popular with the ladies , quite a looker.

Hoping this game will be close. Soumya is pleasing to the eye. Hoping they produce more gifted batsmen as him with a mental game as well

In general our Off-side game has improved lot in last few years. Next step is to play express pace. I don't like Shakib at 3, this is perfect batting for No. 5, but no. 3 must be more compact. Next game, they should drop Mithun for Liton and drop Shakib to #5. That'll break the 1-2-3 serial of Lefti as well.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] we're gonna win today.

Inshallah. It's a smooth ride for me this week - first Raptors won Game 1, then Liverpool ... hope it's 3 in a row.

Off topic, Congratulations on Liverpool victory

:)

Nothing comes over Liverpool - trust me, if that game was now, I would have been on different channel. We need just 3 more players (but not those Yank style purchase, Coutinho money would do the job), for next season.

Nothing comes over Liverpool - trust me, if that game was now, I would have been on different channel. We need just 3 more players (but not those Yank style purchase, Coutinho money would do the job), for next season.

On the contrary we need a new team and a new owner. There is more chance of Man City getting relegated than that.

Pak needs bangladesh to win.
We want as many teams as possible on 3 to 4 wins going into the last couple of rounds of games, rather than 4 or 5 teams with 4 to 5 wins.

Why this fool is trying fancy things after getting a bonus boundary. RR is 6.3+ still FGS!!!!

Congrats on last night’s win, couldn’t be any happier as a Gooner!

Bangladesh off to a great start here, might be the best weekend for you as a sports fan.

We want as many teams as possible on 3 to 4 wins going into the last couple of rounds of games, rather than 4 or 5 teams with 4 to 5 wins.
Imagine Australia Bangladesh England and Pakistan in the semis.

On the contrary we need a new team and a new owner. There is more chance of Man City getting relegated than that.

We'll talk in Soccer thread, but something isn't right at Eremites. That Europa Final could have been Baseball scores and Arsenal has a damn good squad, Manager is excellent as well. Kroenke needs to open cheque book once and allow Manager to rebuild the squad, lots of stable clearing required.

Forget about semi if we cannot even win against Afghanistan.

Imagine Australia Bangladesh England and Pakistan in the semis.

No. We need England and India to win all their games.
If we can take one of them that would be great.
All the other teams need to be as close as possible , so Bang winning here helps that cause I think as they are unlikely to go on a winning streak

We supporting our bangldesh bros. If it helps then yah i am all up for it. Come on BD 😁

PAK needs to sort their game first, to be even in contention to win 4-5 games, rather than expecting other to do them a favor. The NNR is crashed in one game, so they'll need most likely at least 5 robust wins out of next 8 games, for even a chance. And, Sarfraz needs to look like a Captain than a drunk looser (no offense, his face seems to be after hang over ..), even for a remote chance to fight back.

The way Bangladesh play.. they remind me of Indian approach.. they built their team on the same lines.. fascinating

Bangladesh going to be first Asian team to win a match in this world cup? well I certainly hope so!

Good going by BD. Need 350+ on this wicket.

SA doesn’t look interested. V rare i have seen such a poor body language from such a amazing odi team in the past.

Indian approach is very conservative due to heavy reliance on top 3

I meant the bating approach.. the batsmen keep ticking the strike and score boundaries whenever required. Just like how Bangladesh are doing now.

Indian approach is very conservative due to heavy reliance on top 3

He is talking about 1960s, 70s, 80s time. Batting is the most technical aspect of the game that needs methodical grooming. In terms of bowling, you start with your strong suit which for both team is spin - there is no point dreaming about couple of 150K pacers dropping from tree with natural talent.

South Africa are in a very dangerous position right now. They must be ruing their decision to bowl first!

I hope the rest of Bangladesh batsmen can carry on the good work of these two and take them into that 310-320 zone.

Pakistan team is feeling hurt 🤕. Lets hope this defeat against mediocre WI pacers we lost will wake them up.

SA doesn’t look interested. V rare i have seen such a poor body language from such a amazing odi team in the past.

They are simply shell shocked. This happens when you allow lap tops to influence your judgement too much. On this track, instead of another spinner, they opted for 4 pacers and expecting to blast BD like 105-6.... I doubt they had a plan B and now trying to bowl spin with part-timers.

Its all about ability. BD only played 1 warm up match compare to us 9 matches still we don't understand pitch.
Hopefully we will get rid of Inzi along with pathetic players and drama queen Micky, and stupid management.

Last edited:
too much talk of south africs choking while chasing
people forgeting they ard masters in league stage choking normally happens in knockouts
just looked at bangladeshs bowling looks absolutely pathetic except fizz (who is no bumrah either) even rubel isn't playing
bangla need atleast 330 here with flat pitch short boundaries and toothless bowling they have
i predict a makram special..i feel that he is a gun player
babar hope makram are the future

PAK needs to sort their game first, to be even in contention to win 4-5 games, rather than expecting other to do them a favor. The NNR is crashed in one game, so they'll need most likely at least 5 robust wins out of next 8 games, for even a chance. And, Sarfraz needs to look like a Captain than a drunk looser (no offense, his face seems to be after hang over ..), even for a remote chance to fight back.

I don't disagree, but we can only take this a day at a time, and I just worked out what I want from today

They are simply shell shocked. This happens when you allow lap tops to influence your judgement too much. On this track, instead of another spinner, they opted for 4 pacers and expecting to blast BD like 105-6.... I doubt they had a plan B and now trying to bowl spin with part-timers.

Credit to Tamim and Sakib for taking the attack early to South Africa. If they fell early, Bangladesh wouldn't have been in such a good position now.

South Africans were afraid of batting first after seeing Pakistan match. Any big team losing against low ranked teams will help Pakistan.

Raptors will lose today but BD will win. Sad times to be a United fan.

Raptors won Game 1 with Khawi's worst game of post season - I expect at least 38 quality minutes from him today. 35 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals will be nice ....

Any reason why Markram and duminy are bowling here ?
Good going from Bangladesh , a bangladeshi win will light up the tournament.

Pak needs bangladesh to win.]

Why not continue with Pacers, who has more skills than their spinners . Poor captaincy

Last edited:
Soumya Sarkar is a fine explosive talent but his problem is getting carried away, over confident! That bouncer was going wide with an angle, down leg and so high enough, easily should’ve ducked but no! He fancied a HOOK. Needed another 25-35 runs from sarkar, maybe a ton. He was looking so dangerous!

Yeah...He's the KL of ind, the babar of pak and SL- kusal...when he middles them he looks a million dollars...then its a concentration fade and he's back wondering what the fridge happened....

too much talk of south africs choking while chasing
people forgeting they ard masters in league stage choking normally happens in knockouts
just looked at bangladeshs bowling looks absolutely pathetic except fizz (who is no bumrah either) even rubel isn't playing
bangla need atleast 330 here with flat pitch short boundaries and toothless bowling they have
i predict a makram special..i feel that he is a gun player
babar hope makram are the future

Don't know why people under-estimate Mashrafee. He is not only economic bowler but also a wicket taker.

Is Bangldesh win is important for Pak?

Still early days. The top 9 teams can beat each other on their day. It's better to wait for the first 5 rounds to finish before coming to solid conclusions. As of now, only Australia and England look certainties for semifinals. But 2 bad matches and even that can change. This is a very good world cup format.

Raptors won Game 1 with Khawi's worst game of post season - I expect at least 38 quality minutes from him today. 35 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals will be nice ....

Klay and Iguodala won't have a second poor game in a row. Steph and Green are monsters if Klay is feeling good and can not be ignored.

Don't know why people under-estimate Mashrafee. He is not only economic bowler but also a wicket taker.

lol he is a harmless trundler
i know bangladeshi fans are deluded but come on calling mashrafe good is hilarious
btw i want bangaldesh to win

Well... i didn’t expect this.
Credit to bangladesh. If they win it should help us.

I don't think I had ever seen a more chancy 50 than than this one from No. 3. He might not score 50 in next 5 innings combined with this type of batting - need to be dropped at 5 immediately. Not everyday he'll come at 60-1 in 10th over.

Back