Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

What an embarrassment. A venue straight from 1970.

Losing sessions in bright sunshine lmao

Well atleast we get 48 overs. It's dissapointing but just treat this as a 4 day test match with some extra time

Since the strip has been exposed to the 30+ degree sun for 4+ hours, the pitch may not be as suited to fast bowlers any longer. Pakistan, in theory, could recall Abrar but they have pigeon holed themselves into playing with 4 pacers.

its daft for them to announce the XI ahead of time. Conditions can change and so they need to be flexible.

Since the strip has been exposed to the 30+ degree sun for 4+ hours, the pitch may not be as suited to fast bowlers any longer. Pakistan, in theory, could recall Abrar but they have pigeon holed themselves into playing with 4 pacers.

its daft for them to announce the XI ahead of time. Conditions can change and so they need to be flexible.
Nahi Ab apna 4 phast bowlers ka shauk poora karlo

Sarfaraz is the best player of spin right now in Pakistan especially in test cricket, his performance against Nz was terrific, should have been picked here.
Oh bhai Kis dunya main reh rahe ho?

Sarfaraz doesn’t fit the aesthetic requirements of the Naya Pakistan. It’s as simple as that

Sarfaraz is the best player of spin right now in Pakistan especially in test cricket, his performance against Nz was terrific, should have been picked here.

He is a good player of spin, but I think it's time to focus on the future. No point playing 37 year olds when we have a busy Test season ahead. Time for a future candidate to step up, get match experience against a weaker side and make a name for himself.

Bangladesh win toss and bowl first. Oh dear game over already as Pak risked to make this pitch for themselves

He is a good player of spin, but I think it's time to focus on the future. No point playing 37 year olds when we have a busy Test season ahead. Time for a future candidate to step up, get match experience against a weaker side and make a name for himself.
The likes of Misbah, Younis, Hafeez flourished even at late age, I think Pak team management wouldn’t drop Sarfaraz just because of age. Also he is winning matches for you in home conditions so why not persist with him.
The first priority of this Pak test team should be to atleast start winning series agaings big teams in home conditions and Sarfaraz is definitely good enough to help the teams cause.

Toss Update:

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

I4hEl9Z.jpeg

CWOKn9s.png

Bangladesh has very good chance to win this test. Just give us target of 150 and our over-hyped batsmen will collapse like no tomorrow. Playing Siam is like 1 less batsman and Babar can only perform on flat tracks.

Saim the overrated Ayub should be nowhere near national cricket team. He is not cut out for international cricket.

Thankfully no sarfraz the hack in the playing11. He is one of the worst player ever.
Jee jee his replacement rizwan has taken lessons from Ab de villers on playing 360 all across the ground

Is grouping of Babar, Shaheen and Rizwan still there? Or it resolved? Not so confident with our team as we can't even win against US teams full of seasoned players.

Jee jee his replacement rizwan has taken lessons from Ab de villers on playing 360 all across the ground
Rizwan is not that bad in test cricket. Sarfraz the hack fails regularly when the going gets tough.
Rizwan is awful in t20is and he failed badly in odi World cup but he has saved Pakistan quite a few times in tests.

The wicket has moisture according to Bangladesh captain that's why they chose to Bowl first .

But i don't Think after servals hours sunshine pitch has anymore moisture.

Bangladesh has very good chance to win this test. Just give us target of 150 and our over-hyped batsmen will collapse like no tomorrow. Playing Siam is like 1 less batsman and Babar can only perform on flat tracks.
I agree absolutely..after losing to US and a great tight match against Canada this could be even worse. Bangladesh look much stronger on paper too and now winning toss against tail ender batters we have

Lol no one is broadcasting this series in India.

Pakistan cricket is truly finished. Zimbabar should be thanked for finishing Pakistan cricket along with rizwan.

Lol no one is broadcasting this series in India.

Pakistan cricket is truly finished. Zimbabar should be thanked for finishing Pakistan cricket along with rizwan.
Probably you're one of the only few interested in Pakistan's home Test matches

Bangladesh’s forever 12th man Athar Ali Khan on the mic

The only guy in this world who is allowed to be biased towards his country in commentary. We love it

I forgot Saim can bowl as well. This should cover the spin overs for Pakistan easily.
Saim is good for nothing cricketer. He can't score over 30 runs in test and his bowling is hardly any useful as Bangladesh plays better quality spinners in net.

Probably you're one of the only few interested in Pakistan's home Test matches
Yeah that may be true but Zimbabar and his friends made this team so pathetic and they have become laughing stock of highest level.

Losing to USA was the worst thing ever happened to Pakistan cricket.

In developed cricketing countries? Absolutely not.

I've never heard of England or Australia ever suffering from such a problem.

Maybe Bangladesh, India, SA, or other countries.

England is by far the best, as long as it isn't chucking down hard, even if it chucked down 5 to 6 hrs before a match, the drainage will clear it out within that time frame.
Brother, drainage in many Indian venues is better than England/Australia even.

I have only ever seen play being stopped this long in the Caribbean/USA.

Rizwan is not that bad in test cricket. Sarfraz the hack fails regularly when the going gets tough.
Rizwan is awful in t20is and he failed badly in odi World cup but he has saved Pakistan quite a few times in tests.
Sarfraz isn't a hack, he's pakistan's
Best test batsmen of all time, however his age has caused his reactions to regress.

Test was sarfi's best format and he was one of the key members of the no 1 Test rank side during the misbah days.

His innings with asad shafiq against sri lanka and his century against australia in UAE is the greatest test innings by a pakiatani wicket keeper batsmen in test.

If anything odi and t20 were formats where sarfraz was mediocre post 2015 but still managed a few good knocks.

Rizwam doesn't come anywhere close. Yes rizwam is superior now but that's like saying 2013 shikhar dhawan is superior to 2012 yuvi Singh and virender sehwag because yuvi in 2012 and sehwag in 2012 were burnt corpses at the end of their rope especially yuvi who had cancer.

You've either never seen sarfi play test during the 2014 to 2016 time period or just fanboying rizzu ig

Brother, drainage in many Indian venues is better than England/Australia even.

I have only ever seen play being stopped this long in the Caribbean/USA.
I'm not too familiar with Indian venues that's why I said maybe, I'm only familiar with aussie and UK putches having visited them myself personally as well as Pakistani pitches of course.

I'm sure developed countries like NZ and India have amazing pitches though. India is the 3rd strongest economy in the world, so highly unlikely they wouldn't.

But I was making sure in case someone doesn't come and say "Bro what are you talking about said country pitch sucks and this and that"

Sarfraz isn't a hack, he's pakistan's
Best test batsmen of all time, however his age has caused his reactions to regress.

Test was sarfi's best format and he was one of the key members of the no 1 Test rank side during the misbah days.

His innings with asad shafiq against sri lanka and his century against australia in UAE is the greatest test innings by a pakiatani wicket keeper batsmen in test.

If anything odi and t20 were formats where sarfraz was mediocre post 2015 but still managed a few good knocks.

Rizwam doesn't come anywhere close. Yes rizwam is superior now but that's like saying 2013 shikhar dhawan is superior to 2012 yuvi Singh and virender sehwag because yuvi in 2012 and sehwag in 2012 were burnt corpses at the end of their rope especially yuvi who had cancer.

You've either never seen sarfi play test during the 2014 to 2016 time period or just fanboying rizzu ig
Lol hahaha sarfraz the best test batsman.
Bas paii rehn de toun hahah.

Hahahah sarfraz the hack was only decent for Asia he has failed so much in overseas tests that failure would be ashamed of this loser's failure.
This sarfraz hack doesn't average over 30 in any of the SENA country.
Sarfraz is one of the worst player ever to play this many matches.

Yeah that may be true but Zimbabar and his friends made this team so pathetic and they have become laughing stock of highest level.

Losing to USA was the worst thing ever happened to Pakistan cricket.
Well I'm glad you're sticking around. Shows that you're not a plastic cricket fan

Nahid Rana currently is the fastest bowler in BD, can bowl 145k constantly

he might be handful for pak batsmen in these conditions

Hahah loser sarfraz averages
29 vs australia in australia
16 vs south africa
16 vs new zealand
24 vs england
He has played 19 tests in total in these countries and he has failed regularly.
Pathetic player.

Lol hahaha sarfraz the best test batsman.
Bas paii rehn de toun hahah.

Hahahah sarfraz the hack was only decent for Asia he has failed so much in overseas tests that failure would be ashamed of this loser's failure.
This sarfraz hack doesn't average over 30 in any of the SENA country.
Sarfraz is one of the worst player ever to play this many matches.
The only area rizzu is superior to sarfi in was playing in Australia where he was supeinslgy good.

Sarfraz in UAE and Asian conditons averages over 40 with sr in the 75 range lol. That's superior to any Pakistani test wk.

Rizwan isn't close.

Also rizwam is the one who's a legside hack, I don't get what you mean by hack? In what way is sarfi a hack. He lacks lofted stroke making I agree but otherwise he can play offside and legside strokes, has a variety of strokes when it comes to rotating strikes in general whereas Rizwan is pretty one note on the legside.

Rizwan vs Sarfraz in odi and t20 is a debate with Rizwan edging out in consistency and sarfraz edging out in impact.

current rizwam vs 2014-2016 test sarfi is not a debate lol

It's just so pathetic that this 40 years old sarfraz is picked up regularly in national team.

Let's just leave Sarfaraz topic now and talk about the game.

How many is saim going to score today???

The wicket has moisture according to Bangladesh captain that's why they chose to Bowl first .

But i don't Think after servals hours sunshine pitch has anymore moisture.
our captain is an idioit, even if there were no sunshine I would agree with you

Good to see saim play. Hope test cricket will help in his development.
Needs to score some runs though straightaway with huraira breathing down his neck

flippin 0 runs off the bat.

These guys are tuk tuking already.

No intent.

They are playing like its a test match.
Yes chacha would have done wonders here. I'm sure he'd strike at 200 in a test match opening on a rainy pitch with the red ball

Should have been a 4 and gets out typical Pak ...although a great catch i must say

Sedate start from Abdullah resulted in his wicket. A half hearted attempt at a cover drive

Shoriful bowling rubbish in accordance to the conditions and the fact that Bangladesh wanted to bowl first. Nothing bowling

You can tell saim is completly put of it. Unless he pulls a miracle, likely the last we'll see of him in international considering pcb is not a fan of 2nd chances unless your connected to some higher up

Absolutely..Saim doesnt know what day it is ..Abdullah i guess too early to go for a full blooded drive but catch what can i say
Full blooded drive lol. That was a very lazy attempt.
In the end he was seized by what he feared

The two boys from Karachi at the crease. Expect 50 from both and a daddy ton from Saud

Predicting single figures for Babar and a duck for :riz

That was never out my days how awful is the umpires. I know we are rubbish but to have teh whole world be against us

Back