Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

Bangladesh have bowled well this morning, with a plan in their minds. Could fully see Pak getting carried away with predictable full deliveries, but Bangla Bros set up the batsman. Having said that, best way to sum up the first hour or so is that apart from the rookie who is Pak fans favourite crucifixion victim, nobody has looked like they have ever played red ball cricket before.

I don’t know what spell Shan was trying to cast on the umpires there with his ‘English’, you were out mate and the rookie under fire looked better than you; no gap between his bat/pad, soft hands and not going hard at the ball / picking the gaps. He could fall here but think he has embarrassed the senior players.

As for the saviour :ba , he was simply to infatuated by Rizwan’s selection that his mind was elsewhere.

Spinners just after 13 overs on a greenish pitch.

This is Bangladesh for you .lol

These two need to bat for a long time.

Bangladesh will run out energy soon.

They can score daddy hundreds if they get set.

Pakistan fans - What is formula of oxygen .

Babar - watch me to bat
View attachment 145794
Lol

uVUxglT.jpg

What a batsman Saim is. Best talent in Pakistan by a country mile.
Saud and fakhar are more talented

Saim has good offside play and he seems to be finding form.

But Pakistan has not had a modern unorthodox English style batsmen like saud and A saeed Anwar level opener (albeit an inconsistent one) like fakhar.

Saim isn't bad though, hopefully he keeps hirraira out.

All those boys who like hurraira don't realise that the parchi is just Imam 2.0

Zimbabar should be humiliated more for his pathetic show.
How can anyone behave like Zimbabar when he doesn't even score against Bangladesh.
What the hell does he think of himself.

But Pakistan has not had a modern unorthodox English style batsmen like saud and A saeed Anwar level opener (albeit an inconsistent one) like fakhar.

Fakhar is a hack and is nowhere near the level of Saeed.

Smooth, flowing and fluid techniques are very rare for a Pakistani batter so when I see one I immediately take notice.

For babar Azam dismissal pitch has nothing to do . It was rubbish shot

Babar was struggling and getting out in the nets to unknown random net bowlers. His decline in the last two years is not for nothing.

The best image of the day was Pak being the lowest of teams that have played least amount of tests in the last 10 years.

Fakhar is a hack and is nowhere near the level of Saeed.

Smooth, flowing and fluid techniques are very rare for a Pakistani batter so when I see one I immediately take notice.
No one said he's on the level of saeed, not a single pakistani batter is besides maybe Inzi when on song.

However fakhar can play atg innings and unfortunately a hack cannot play atg innings, it doesn't happen.

A hack is someone like rizwan or Shadab who legside or bottom hand everything.

Fakhar has an awkward stance but his shots are proper. He's probably the best player of the pull shot, Slog sweep and drive in pakistan, although granted his drives while more powerful aren't as flashy as Babar's but who cares.

This is what happens when there is a confident guy batting alongside you. Look at Saim batting with Shan and now with Saud. Huge difference.

About time Pakistan end their obsession with their Cricket revolving around Babar, as if he's the Main Guy and other are subordinates, supporting actors. Other players need to be start getting more credit and hype. This Babar will take Pakistan to never before lows if he is still treated as some superstar.

Logic must be dead on you.

A guy averaging 50+ in FC is a parchi? LMAO. He's a triple centurion and a consistent performer.

I m not sold all this saud's hype. He failed badly in australia and in world cup as well.
He may do well on Pakistan's pitches but he will struggle badly overseas.

I'm really impressed with Saim ayub's defense and offside play. I've changed my mind about him.

Kid needs to avoid his no look shots and play conventional cricket strokes. He's great at them.

And tbh maybe he's matured a bit. He's seems different today.

This is what happens when there is a confident guy batting alongside you. Look at Saim batting with Shan and now with Saud. Huge difference.

Red ball cricket is his best format imo; he was under fire in other forms / forced to play big shots when his colleagues lacked any impetus. Here, even with the wickets tumbling around him and difficult conditions, he hasn't panicked, took his time and is reaping the rewards. iA can build on this, will do wonders for his confidence.

Rizwan upset he won’t be able to have wholesome on screen moments with Babar at the crease with him
He'd have gotten out ASAP if he arrived instead of saud lol.

Pitch became easier over time, but saud and Saim survived due to solid defense.

Idkw saim was doing his nonsense in whiteball bit the kid has one of the strongest defenses I've ever seen, and saud is fantastic at disrupting line and length.

Shan was clueless against the balls that were dipping low, Abdullah got unlucky but who cares, I've seen him get put on that shot multiple times in Australia. Rizwan would have gotten caught at slips, He wouldn't be able to read that swing early on.

Red ball cricket is his best format imo; he was under fire in other forms / forced to play big shots when his colleagues lacked any impetus. Here, even with the wickets tumbling around him and difficult conditions, he hasn't panicked, took his time and is reaping the rewards. iA can build on this, will do wonders for his confidence.
It proves why saud is captaincy material. His free flow style just makes it easier for batters.

Now I swear to God if I see rizzu at no 4 in whiteball and saud at 5 I will lose it.

I m not sold all this saud's hype. He failed badly in australia and in world cup as well.
He may do well on Pakistan's pitches but he will struggle badly overseas.
We are close to minnow level. Let us first win and compete in home conditions.

Saw an over or two. Very slow pitch. You can go for a cup of coffee and play your shots. Also bounce is very low. Once the ball gets softer batsmen have to make mistakes.

One thing saud needs to improve on is running between the wickets. He's awful at it.

Dude needs to learn to settle down.

Saim wants to be funky now. They have specifically got 2 guys out at fine and deep square leg for that shot

Keep it on the ground!

Rana is rapid
Mahmud is fairly quick too

Ebadot if he plays then it will be a genuinely quick attack

Saim wants to be funky now. They have specifically got 2 guys out at fine and deep square leg for that shot

Keep it on the ground!
Yeah I got scared cause he went for his stupid leg side nonsense again

Too much brotherly love from BD when they play PAK. It's clear they just don't try hard enough against PAK. May be they are in awe of the Pakistanis and their talent.

But if they don't play with the kind of aggression they turn up with against India, they won't be able to win against PAK consistently.

It was on the cards

What a big miss by Saim! He is more likely to get dropped than Babar or Rizwan is, he needed to cash in and score 200 here

A wicket first ball after drinks break. A big booming drive with an open bat face to an away going ball
Should have played it straight

Too much brotherly love from BD when they play PAK. It's clear they just don't try hard enough against PAK. May be they are in awe of the Pakistanis and their talent.

But if they don't play with the kind of aggression they turn up with against India, they won't be able to win against PAK consistently.
They have aggression? India don't even take them seriously.

Saim has thrown away a great chance to cement his place in the site
Sadly a lot of these players are satisfied with an initial milestone.

Saim was impressive, but so predictable to get out soon after first milestone

Saud and Fakhar are our 2 best batters. That much is clear. I'd replace rizwan foe saud in all formats tbh, Saud and fakhar should open in t20.

Saud bat at no 4 in odi and in test bat at no 5.

Rizwan can leave, bring in Haris at play haris at no 7 in all formats.

Saud and Fakhar are our 2 best batters. That much is clear. I'd replace rizwan foe saud in all formats tbh, Saud and fakhar should open in t20.

Saud bat at no 4 in odi and in test bat at no 5.

Rizwan can leave, bring in Haris at play haris at no 7 in all formats.
Also nominate the keeper.

Back