Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

when the team carries Misbah tuktuk tactics in Test match! Team Ko nazar lagy hai Misbah ky! I told before the test match that to keep Misbah, Misbah type of players and his fans to stay away from this match!

Good rotation of the strike so far from Muhammad.
Saim just forgot to pick singles after his 50

What is Rizwan trying to do? Pakistan cant afford to lose another wicket here

Lad had too much tappal tea during the break

1n8am2t.png

Pakistan are 130-4

Not 330-4

What the hell was that shot by Rizwan? do you want to play Test cricket seriously after crying and destroying player's career's in the background???

Pakistan are 130-4

Not 330-4

What the hell was that shot by Rizwan? do you want to play Test cricket seriously after crying and destroying player's career's in the background???
how is the pitch playing now ?

Like @Rana says, Rizwan fans will never be Pakistan fans

After being humiliated in the T20 World Cup, failing to win a single test at home and now struggling vs Bangladesh, people like @shah9425 will continue to celebrate all because their cult continues to dominate. Pathetic

Bangladesh tour of Pakistan 2024-25 (1st Test)

Stumps (day 1) at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Pakistan: 158-4 (41 ov)

The real test will be tmr, Pakistan has to bat through.

It got really easy to bat after the initial rain induced farce. Pakistan needs to target 400

Like @Rana says, Rizwan fans will never be Pakistan fans

After being humiliated in the T20 World Cup, failing to win a single test at home and now struggling vs Bangladesh, people like @shah9425 will continue to celebrate all because their cult continues to dominate. Pathetic
Saifi the heck hopefully would be kicked out permanently after this series

I recon so but 2 wickets and BD are into Pakistan's tail. Im thinking Pakistan will get 260ish
I doubt rizwan will bat all of day 2 or agha. Only saud has that capability for 200.

So 260 is probs the correct no

Hope Rizwan’s on the top pay bracket no matter what the format he has to do the bulk of the scoring what are the rest of the waste men getting paid for.

From 17/3 to this , decent recovery hopefully we will score 350+ to get ourselves in the game

Saim Ayub spoke in the post-Day 1 press conference:

"The conditions were tough at the start, but when a partnership is built, it becomes easier. In red-ball cricket, you can't take anything lightly. Our aim was to extend the partnership as much as possible. Batting is difficult for a new batter in these conditions, but our partnership today will hopefully grow tomorrow. Whatever is happening now is important, and I focus on the present moment, not thinking about the past or future."

"Yes, I've played with Saud Shakeel in domestic cricket, but the understanding among all players in the team is excellent right now. It doesn't matter if we've played together in domestic cricket or not. When the understanding is good, it's enjoyable to play with everyone, especially when building big partnerships."

"In Test matches, the wicket's behavior changes over the five days. The ball is always challenging in red-ball cricket, and sometimes it goes in your favor, sometimes not. I've tried my best, but sometimes unfortunate things happen, like getting out on a bad ball or surviving a good one."

"First, you need to watch the ball, then observe the conditions to see which bowler is effective, whether fast bowlers or spinners. A bad ball is a bad ball; you can't leave it. Attacking cricket means taking advantage of any opportunity the opponent gives you; otherwise, you'll be dominated. So, it's essential to dominate, and I try to capitalize on any chance the opponent gives me."

"Bangladesh bowled well today. As an attacking batter, I don't want to leave any ball unpunished. We aimed to keep the run rate healthy and avoid losing too many wickets."

"Attacking good balls is risky when you lose early wickets. Today's pitch was one of the toughest I've played on in Pakistan."

Last edited:
Saim, Saud shine on shortened opening day of first Test in Rawalpindi

Rawalpindi, 21 August 2024:

Saim Ayub and Saud Shakeel hit gritty half-centuries which helped Pakistan finish 158 for four in 41 overs on a shortened opening day of the first Test against Bangladesh on Wednesday at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium. No play was possible in the first session after the start was delayed due to wet outfield.

Saud Shakeel (57 not out, 92b, 5x4s) and Mohammad Rizwan (24 not out, 31b, 2x4s) will be at the crease for Pakistan at the beginning of day two.

Earlier, after opting to bowl first in the afternoon session, Bangladesh bowlers reduced Pakistan to 16-3 in 8.2 overs. Abdullah Shafique was the first to depart as he was caught at gully against Hasan Mahmud in the fourth over.

Skipper Shan Masood hit one boundary during his 11-ball stay before falling prey to Shoriful Islam for six runs in the seventh over. Babar Azam was dismissed in the ninth over falling for a two-ball duck off the bowling of Shoriful with Litton Das taking his second catch of the innings.

Following the three early blows, Saim and Saud came together to take Pakistan out of trouble with a 98-run fourth-wicket partnership. The rescue act between the two southpaws was spread on either side of the tea interval as they batted together for 22.5 overs.

Over the course of the partnership, Saim (56, 98b, 4x4s, 1x6) brought up his maiden Test half-century before Hasan induced an edge off his bat in the 32nd over which was safely pouched by Mehidy Hasan Miraz in the slip cordon.

Saud contributed 42 runs in the stand with Saim before stitching an unbeaten 44-run partnership with Mohammad Rizwan till the close of play. For Bangladesh, Shoriful and Hasan bagged two wickets each.

The second day’s play is expected to begin at 9.45am.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan 158-4, 41 overs (Saud Shakeel 57 not out, Saim Ayub 56, Mohammad Rizwan 24 not out; Shoriful Islam 2-30, Hasan Mahmud 2-33)

A lot of folks in Pakistan I see lose hairline early. Few I know in their early 20s losing plenty. I suspect I will lost plenty soon as well
Not just hairline he has thinning all over with his scalp showing through that's why I said so.

Otherwise yes, hair loss issues are rampant everywhere nowadays regardless of which country you're based in. Losing it early is an issue too now and having a transplant too early is an issue as well.

Our tail is dreadful that's the issue.

Naseem Avg 6 Shaheen 6

They both need to improve and average 12+ soon.

wtv happened to Ebadot hossain? He was a gun bowler. Why was he dropped?

Great to see Saim get a 50. Everyone was questioning his spot but if you are going to debut a player, you can't drop him after 1 match. He deserves a run and nice to see him score at a good rate too. Nice innings from Saud. Continues to look like a very solid player.

Babar however... man, what is going on with him. That is now 13 innings in a row without a 50 or 100. His high score is only 41 in that time. If he was half decent in Australia, Pakistan probably win at least one of those games. Extremely poor ODI WC performance too, crap in T20 WC. He had a series in NZ for the T20's but just continues to be very pedestrian otherwise. Hopefully its not a decline and a rough patch and as we've seen even with likes of Kohli, sometimes rough patches can last quite long but hard to overstate just how badly Pakistan need to be batting great for this upcoming busy season.

I m not sold all this saud's hype. He failed badly in australia and in world cup as well.
He may do well on Pakistan's pitches but he will struggle badly overseas.

Aus first tour is not a great place to judge batters on specially for Pak. He has scored good tough situation runs well for PCT in his early career and seems to have game to do well in any conditions.

Pakistan should be looking to post around 280-300 here. Saud, rizwan and Salman should make it happen.

Pakistan v Bangladesh first Test Day Two update:

98 overs to be bowled today.

The second day's play will begin at 09.45 am.

Lunch will take place at 12.00 pm

The second session will take place from 12.40 pm to 14.55.

The third session will start from 15.15 and will go on till 17.15.

The play can be extended for 30 minutes to complete the overs.

You don't see Pakistan topping the charts every day and this is a nice stat to see. Saud, Rizwan, Salman are the main guys in that middle order.

cnS4zVl.jpeg

I mean, what type of analysis is that? LOL

--------------------

Amir Sohail:

"Saim showed he can defend and leave the ball, and that’s where he was impressive"

Pakistan should looks to score close to 420 and win by an innings

Bangladesh doesn't have pace attack who can put pressure on apposition batters continuously.

Shorful is bowling around 128-130 kmp speed which is hardly trouble the batsman.

Perfect day for batting

Mark my words, Saud is Pakistan's long term solution for test captaincy. He will take over from 'I can speak very good English ' fraud very soon.

He may not find a place in LOIs but has a good temperament for tests whatever little i have seen of him. He has age on his side so might improve his overseas stats. Hopefully Selectors don't go for RizBabar nonsense again for Pakistan's sake.

Nahid rana is not good bowler but he is still 21 year old so he can improve but where is taskin Ahmed.

Huge respect for Sarfraz. He carries drinks and gloves for his teammates without creating much of a fuss that senior Pak players are known for.

Saud shakeel is very solid and better than Babar Azam in test cricket

He can be future test captain of Pakistan.
He should be all format captain period.

He's miles better then rizzu. People aren't looking at the fact that with the exception of Babar's wicket which was a rubbish shot, the rain made the early pitch difficult to bat on.

Rizwan would have been out ASAP. Saud and rizwam have it very very easy atm.

Saim did well at the beginning to block and manage and them when it became easier he capitalised, however he got out doing his usual funky rubbish.

Shan got unlucky as it wasn't out but who cares. He wouldn't have scored even if the ball freshened up, Dude is clueless on anything that pitches below waist heightm

Saud shakeel is very solid and better than Babar Azam in test cricket

He can be future test captain of Pakistan.
His game is highly suspect in foreign conditions. Struggled for runs even in county cricket.
Has very good temperament though

Rizwan once against showing why he is the number 1 choice in Pakistan.
Kuda ka khoof karo, pitch is a road.

Babar, Abdullah and Shan got out playing rubbish shots.

Although tbf to rizwan, he and saud don't throw their wickets away and don't play rubbish shots, so kudos.

Brilliant shot from Muhammad to get to his fifty.
Runs from him are not good though for Pakistan in the long run

205-4 Very respectable score considering the start. The aim should be to just accumulate runs till the end of day's play and plan when to declare. Hopefully the bowlers have to work for the wickets rather than have wickets gifted to them.

Kuda ka khoof karo, pitch is a road.

Babar, Abdullah and Shan got out playing rubbish shots.

Although tbf to rizwan, he and saud don't throw their wickets away and don't play rubbish shots, so kudos.
Never gonna praise when it is due. Rizwan is your best keeper. accept that brother.

Brilliant shot from Muhammad to get to his fifty.
Runs from him are not good though for Pakistan in the long run
Naw he's fine for Test. I forward him as a test no 6.

Now if he only played at 6 in odi their would be no problem

But still he is your best keeper produced by pak what do you think?
No, Sarfraz in test from 2014-2016 is and is > him. Currently rizwan is > Current sarfraz.

In odi and t20 rizzu is the best wk batter, but unlike sarfraz who batted anywhere Rizzu is a liability. He has no rhyme or reason to bat at no 4 and no 5 > Saud and Abdullah.

Nor does he have a right to open in t20 over fakhar.

People forget fakhar's 91 of 46 against australia in a tri series final is why we reached no 1 rank in t20

100-run partnership between Saud and Rizwan. Good stuff from these 2 batters.

I have issues with him in odi and t20.

In test I don't have an issue.

It's a good innings, but it is a road.
It's not a road by any means but yea the pitch is not as helpful as it was yesterday morning and will now only become better for batting just I said earlier that it will not be green mamba but a slight support for pacers and it is exactly the case.

No, Sarfraz in test from 2014-2016 is and is > him. Currently rizwan is > Current sarfraz.

In odi and t20 rizzu is the best wk batter, but unlike sarfraz who batted anywhere Rizzu is a liability. He has no rhyme or reason to bat at no 4 and no 5 > Saud and Abdullah.

People forget fakhar's 91 of 46 against australia in a tri series final is why we reached no 1 rank in t20
Ya made solid points fakhar should play as opener in t20

now that pitch has turned in to typical Pindi pitch , how smart does an all pace attack look now ?

Sarfraz test average

In australia - 29
In england - 24
In South Africa - 16
In NZ -17

How is sarfaraz better than Rizwan??

I don't think BD batters will score more than 200 in any innings , Pak pacers are too good for them under these conditions.
Yes that's why i said don't judge this pitch ( its not a road ) becouse Rizwan and Saud is batting beautiful .

Still a pretty good pitch for fast bowlers if they bowl right length .

Back