Bangladesh v Hong Kong | WT20 Group A First Round | Chittagong | 20/03/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Bangladesh Squad

Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Abdur Razzak, Al-Amin Hossain, Anamul Haque, Farhad Reza, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mominul Haque, Nasir Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Shamsur Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Sohag Gazi, Tamim Iqbal

Hong Kong Squad

JJ Atkinson*†, Waqas Barkat†, Aizaz Khan, Babar Hayat, MS Chapman, Ehsan Nawaz, Haseeb Amjad, Irfan Ahmed, JPR Lamsam, Munir Dar, Nadeem Ahmed, Najeeb Amar, Nizakat Khan, KD Shah, Tanwir Afzal

Toss: Bangladesh lost the toss and will have to bat first.

CI : "Nepal still have an outside chance of progressing to the main event here, but Bangladesh are clear favourites to qualify. Here's the points table and here's a scenario for Bangladesh.

If Bangladesh bat first and score 140, they have to make sure that HK don't get the runs in 12 overs or less. "

Crowd going crazy for hometown hero Tamim Iqbal!

And bowled :))

Hahahha our crowd... roof collapsing noise to pin drop silence...

Bangladeshi anthem has a pretty nice tune to it
It is one of the most peaceful national anthems:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0s0ys8K_3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bangladesh taking it too easy. They need to play sensibly or anything can happen.

These two are the mainstays. If one of these two falters early, I actually see HK with the advantage.

Hoping to see Banglas thrash this useless HK team.

I don't want Bangs to be eliminated from the next round. Just see the crowd roaring and the passion.

Go Banglas.

When the commentators say 'the outfield is fast...' what they really mean is 'the boundaries are short...'

over rated Bangladesh team

25z4jdv.jpg

Shakib needs to calm down. He is giving no respect to these HK bowlers.

If Bangladesh dont perform better against the stronger teams in the next round then they will remain a useless side. Look at the players , look at the fans , they are celebrating as if they are winning against decent teams.

ssssh 71 all out :yk

Lol even Bangladesh A team scored more than Pakistan against South Africa on the same pitch :))

..and taken more wickets too.

why this arrogance? you guys have been playing this game forever now and are still useless even Nepal looks better then Bangladesh, in s10s we will see what your team can do:) it will be wonder if they even win ONE single MATCH

Where is black magic wala uncle , his magic works only against associates

He is just trolling. He just watched his Afghan brothers get humiliated and is hurting right now. Leave him alone.

same Afghan brothers made you and your captain cry in Asia cup , uski pain abhi tak laghi hai Bengaliyo ko

why this arrogance? you guys have been playing this game forever now and are still useless even Nepal looks better then Bangladesh, in s10s we will see what your team can do:) it will be wonder if they even win ONE single MATCH

Wheres the arrogance?

Its banter between fans... or are we not allowed that because Bangladesh is a minnow. Yes we are a minnow and forever the underdogs. But lets enjoy each others presence in the forums at least.... why so serious? :yk

Point me one place where I've written that we will trash Pak/Ind/WI/Australia?

And Anamul goes!

Anamul's doing the business now but I don't really rate him too highly ... he's getting runs but most of his pull shots on regulation grounds would be sitters for any fielders at deep square or fine leg. Also doesn't move his feet much at all against the quickies or spinners.

Just got out while I was typing the post! Wish him well but he's got a few glaring technical weaknesses.

Anamul's doing the business now but I don't really rate him too highly ... he's getting runs but most of his pull shots on regulation grounds would be sitters for any fielders at deep square or fine leg. Also doesn't move his feet much at all against the quickies or spinners.

Just got out while I was typing the post! Wish him well but he's got a few glaring technical weaknesses.
You're right about his footwork but he's a genuine strokemaker and will clear most boundaries once he gets a hold of the ball. Highest run-scorer in 2012 U19 WC. Only de Kock and Anamul from that batch have transitioned into the biggest stage and are scoring runs whereas the hyped up Indian and Pakistani batsmen are nowhere to be seen.

I like Anamul , he is not even scared to charge against 90 mph's bowlers and infact lofts them for sixes.

The pressure is well on Bangladesh now...

Hong Kong needs to chase the target in 12 overs... losing to Hong Kong might be a good thing if we qualify but still are hurt and try to prove ourselves instead of getting complacent.

If only Shakib can get his temperament right and not go after every ball...

Nasir getting to bat for the first time in qualifiers. Quiet out of touch he has been.

Now we can see how useful our lower order is going to be consisting of Nasir, Riyad and Reza :facepalm:

Wow.

You're the skipper of you're national team, you call out your teammates after an Asia Cup loss to Afghanistan, you're team is 87/4, you've just been given a second chance after the keeper drops a sitter, and you play that shot to be dismissed four balls later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back