Bangladesh vs Australia | ICC World T20: 11th Match | Group A | Bridgetown | 5/5/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Huge match this. I personally have never had so much interest in a Bangladesh match, but I have supported Bangladesh whenever they haven't played Pakistan but today I really want Australia to win, even by one single run.

Good luck to both teams.

lol still a couple of hours to go man!

But...go go Aussie go!

ya late start today....the 2nd match today starts way too late in the uae..

Mohsin said:
lol still a couple of hours to go man!
But...go go Aussie go!

I was getting bored at the office so just created this thread :D

Mohsin, tumhe bhi Insaaniyat ki hawa tou nahi lagg gai? Waise Imran Khan ki policy valuable hai, agar koi ghour kare tou.

Tfeh, I thought it was starting now!

Humiliation on the cards. The flight to England is already booked. The bags are also packed. As for Aussies, it would be a walk in the park.

IAJ said:
I was getting bored at the office so just created this thread :D

Mohsin, tumhe bhi Insaaniyat ki hawa tou nahi lagg gai? Waise Imran Khan ki policy valuable hai, agar koi ghour kare tou.

Fikr nahi karna...waqt aa raha hai Insh'Allah

BD-fan said:
Humiliation on the cards. The flight to England is already booked. The bags are also packed. As for Aussies, it would be a walk in the park.

Dont you try and play that game with us! We know what you're trying to do, pretending Bangladesh has no chance...we wont fall for your mind games!
:p

More than 3 hours to go. Forecast call for scattered showers throughout the day.

Mohsin said:
Dont you try and play that game with us! We know what you're trying to do, pretending Bangladesh has no chance...we wont fall for your mind games!
:p
Sorry to dissapoint you. I'm a straight shooter. What you see is what you get. Moreover, for our (BD) exsistance, we have to improve on the longer version and I am from the old school who care little for T20 games. had it been not for fantasy cricket I wouldn't have followed the matches this closely.

Johnson out Harris in. Does this change anything? I don't think so. It is Ws (Warner, Watson and White) who would finish the game in style.

BD chances is next to nil. Even if the matches are shortened because of the rain. Would I be delighted if they win by a miracle? Yes, ofcourse. But that doesn't change my evaluations on the players/game. :)

Last edited:
BD-fan said:

:13: :13: :13: :13:

and what if tamim iqbal scores 80 off 50 balls and takes bangladesh to 160 ish...

then all of a sudden are we talking about a cakewalk?

all it takes is ONE player to change the game to the unthinkable. anybody taking this for granted clearly was NOT paying attention when

bangladesh beat australia in 2005
pakistan lost to ireland in 2007...
india lost to bangladesh in 2007.....
when pakistan lost to bangladesh in 99...
when australia lost to zimbabawe in warmup....
when pakistan lost to zimbabawe in warmup...
when pakistan got thrashed by england in 2003 ...
when pakistan was 25/5 against australia in a world cup ODI final....
when kenya beat sri lanka in world cup 2003
when canada beat bangladesh in world cup 2003

the list goes on and on... are we really that dumb to take this game for granted??... its only 20 overs for Gods sake and bangladesh have a good 2-4 players who CAN change the game...

Last edited:
IM NOT YOU said:
:13: :13: :13: :13:

and what if tamim iqbal scores 80 off 50 balls and takes bangladesh to 160 ish...

then all of a sudden are we talking about a cakewalk?

all it takes is ONE player to change the game to the unthinkable. anybody taking this for granted clearly was NOT paying attention when pakistan lost to ireland in 2007... when india lost to bangladesh in 2007..... when pakistan lost to bangladesh in 99... when australia lost to zimbabawe in warmup.... when pakistan lost to zimbabawe in warmup... when pakistan got thrashed by england in 2003 ... when pakistan was 25/5 against australia in a world cup ODI final....

the list goes on and on... are we really that dumb to take this game for granted??... its only 20 overs for Gods sake and bangladesh have a good 2-4 players who CAN change the game...

Very good try, but Australia will win InshaAllah.

For the next 6/7 hours i am Australian...so

[UTUBE]EBLvQhEBHU4[/UTUBE]

Mohsin said:
For the next 6/7 hours i am Australian...so

[UTUBE]EBLvQhEBHU4[/UTUBE]

Haha...Ansett Australia ad...wow that really was a long time ago.....they went bankrupt a little while after that...lol

jus imagine pakistan and Bangladesh go through by the end of today!

More blow to Fantasy players who chose Tamim. He is out. Aftab will play for him. I have lost a transfer. :(

BD-fan said:
More blow to Fantasy players who chose Tamim. He is out. Aftab will play for him. I have lost a transfer. :(

I hope those fantasy players can afford this blow today, atleast if they are pakistanis.

Last edited:
BD-fan said:

Thats what someone said before the Pakistan game...lets see

Cricinfo still have him so, we'll see i suppose

Rana said:
jus imagine pakistan and Bangladesh go through by the end of today!
:)) Is that possible ? We could have an all Asian Super 8 Group with SL,India,BD and the Markhors !

BD-fan said:

BD-Fan - pls dont feel offended but we would dearly like BD to lose today :ibutt

New Record for Pakpassion in the making today
Most interest in a non pakistani match

Clarke has won the toss and the Aussies are batting, and its sunny ;)

Ryan Harris comes in for Johnson. For the Bengalis, Tamim is out, dunno who replaces him

So if its a full match Bangladesh need to chase within 18 overs to go through?

Mohsin said:
So if its a full match Bangladesh need to chase within 18 overs to go through?

I hope it is a full match, it is pretty sunny so fingers crossed it stays that way, and btw Aftab Ahmad replaces Tamim. Bangladesh also make another change, dont know who.

Go Aussies

t11sk9 said:
I hope it is a full match, it is pretty sunny so fingers crossed it stays that way, and btw Aftab Ahmad replaces Tamim. Bangladesh also make another change, dont know who.

Go Aussies

Shakib: "We have to bowl really well. We will look to restrict them to 160-165. Jahurul Islam and Aftab Ahmed are in. Tamim Iqbal and Suhrawadi Shuvo miss out."

in how many overs does bangladesh have to chase the target to qualify?

bangladesh stand a chance here, player just have to touch the ball in the middle and it will race to the boudary with ease. now I am nervious!

can someone tell me the name of the music they r playing in the backround ..i just love it

in how many overs does the bang have to chase the target to qualify?

Aus are fav but you never know in this format of the game..

MIG said:
BD-Fan - pls dont feel offended but we would dearly like BD to lose today :ibutt
None taken. :)
+++
I think I know more on BD cricket than you guys here. :) Anything less than 200 will be good. Not an a$$ whipping. With or without Johnson.

Australia was looking at 200+ against Pak attack before the last miracle over of Ameer. Imagine what they will do these bowlers.

Last edited:
I am supporting Bangladesh ! [Jinx trick #23.98]

bangla will give it all today ..just get that horrible feeling they just .....

Hope Warner and Watson smash the Bangladeshis to bits. More so, for the sake of my fantasy team. :p

Warner is cutting lose!!!

So far so good for Pakistan

can someone tell the aus camp that they are beeing Watched VERY VERY closely by the Pakistani supporters for any hanky panky ...lol

Chill out people, Australia will still win. :)

Answer me this..What does Alim Dar do if bdesh need two runs to win off the final delivery and the Aussies go up for an lbw that was clearly missing legstump?

IMMY69 said:
Answer me this..What does Alim Dar do if bdesh need two runs to win off the final delivery and the Aussies go up for an lbw that was clearly missing legstump?
should rise his finger ;)

IMMY69 said:

The chances of that happening are one in a trillion :D

IMMY69 said:

He should give leg byes.... As by then Pakistan would have qualified anyways as Bangaldesh cannot take the game till the last ball :)

IMMY69 said:
Give it not out because even if Bangladesh win from THAT position. Pakistan go through. ;-)

IMMY69 said:

If it gets that close we will go through on net run rate any way ;-)

get the feeling oz's are gonna flash at everything today...

Twatson, surely a Twatson today.

The one day I was cheering for this guy.

just got a feeling that Aus batting is gonna collapse today... Inshallah they will not though, i will be proven wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back