Bangladesh vs. Ireland | WC'11 | Group B | Dhaka | 25/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 off 108 balls...this is going to be a thriller!

:four

Botha comes alive! lovely pickup shot over widish mid-on.

Luck going the way of the Irish. Ashraful why do you have to screw up everything (despite taking 2 wickets) :(

Things are now heavily in favor of the Irish. 4 freaking boundaries this over

Chah gaya Ireland.

please come 4th in the group so that we might play you for a semi final spot.

I read somewhere that Ireland has an actively cricket-playing population of a thousand or a few thousand.

How are they able to produce as much, if not better, talent (considering their best player is currently with England) as a nation with 160 million people, of whom at the very least a million or so probably play the game?

Ok, that 3 boundary over has changed everything. Bd need to strike asap.

Seriously I think Ireland should get a lookin for test status, they will suck for a while but since their players have access to county cricket only a matter of time before they put together a quality side...

I read somewhere that Ireland has an actively cricket-playing population of a thousand or a few thousand.

How are they able to produce as much, if not better, talent (considering their best player is currently with England) as a nation with 160 million people, of whom at the very least a million or so probably play the game?

I think they're naturally quite a competitive/sporty nation a la Aus, plus a lot of their players have quite a bit of county experience (additionally, Joyce has played for England).

Botha looks a lot more comfortable against the 'pacers.'

whoooooooa, Aleem says no! that looks close!

Review!

ReqRR is under 4, PP left. Bd need to wake up and take some wickets.

If Banglas lose this game, it will be a serious set back for them. This is the world cup where they are supposed to make some noise. It is expected out of them after their thrashing for Kiwis.

Hopefully Banglas pull this one off. I don't want to see them lose. The enthusiasm for cricket in Bangladesh will not be the same if they don't make it past the 1st round. Come on Banglas!!

On the other hand, this win will give great joy for Leprechuans. Little Green men with Cigars will be over joyed!!

Bangladesh need wickets from somewhere, not looking likely though.

Bangla review it! Best chance to get a wicket, no point in saving these review when the match is virtually over.

Missing!!!!

Aleem Dar you are a LEGEND!

The man is a robot!

Aleem Dar with another brilliant decision! What an umpire!! :aleemdar

LOL @ people predicting Bd will qualify for the QFs ahead of WI.. :p

even for his incredibly high standards, that was a stunner!

and in such a huge pressure situation...hats off! :aleemdar

At the same venue, Bd got close to 300 against the Indian attack yet against Ireland, they just got over 200.

And that was without the world class Nehra. :)))

If Banglas lose this game, it will be a serious set back for them. This is the world cup where they are supposed to make some noise. It is expected out of them after their thrashing for Kiwis.

Hopefully Banglas pull this one off. I don't want to see them lose. The enthusiasm for cricket in Bangladesh will not be the same if they don't make it past the 1st round. Come on Banglas!!

On the other hand, this win will give great joy for Leprechuans. Little Green men with Cigars will be over joyed!!

As a neutral fan, I don't have a stake in the game, but as a fan of the sport, I'm concerned about what a terrible performance like this will do for the passion for cricket in Bangladesh. They were too hyped up going into the tournament. It just seems like a string of failures will floor them, although if they manage to get out of the first round, it would make a lot of people happy.

On the other hand, even if Ireland experiences success in this WC, I doubt they will get much more of a mention than an article or two in the newspapers back home. Not many will care either way.

So, I'm going to root for Bangladesh to pull out a miraculous win.

Shafiul is looking dangerous, getting a bit of everything out there...

I admit, I fell for the hype as well.

these 'Tigers' are absolutely rubbish.

Its called Pressure people!! They are not rubbish..

The weight of expectations from the home country crowd seems to be too much to handle for Bangladeshis. They are a much better side than Irish. They are just not able to handle the pressure..

The weight of expectations from the home country crowd seems to be too much to handle for Bangladeshis. They are a much better side than Irish. They are just not able to handle the pressure..
Ireland also knocked them out of the last T20 cup.

Well that could turn the match. Tailenders in now.

:out

NOOOOOO! Kev smashes it straight down the throat of deep square!

*********!!!

Shafiul is the man for Bangladesh :shakib

Bangladesh need 4 wickets, they can't expect to defend this.

55 needed and just 4 wickets left, Bangla may get out of jail here!

Its called Pressure people!! They are not rubbish..

:)))

then how are they a much better side than the Irish??

you call it pressure, I call it the 12th man.

At the same venue, Bd got close to 300 against the Indian attack yet against Ireland, they just got over 200.

And that was without the world class Nehra. :)))

Just like NZ bowled out Kenya for 65, Less than half of what the world's best bowling attack of Pak did

:out

NOOOOOO! Kev smashes it straight down the throat of deep square!

*********!!!

Ireland still has two decent batsmen left to go in Mooney and Johnston with both averaging around 20 in limited-overs cricket. I really don't care who wins, but I want it to go down to the last wicket. 10 runs required with a wicket remaining would be good situation.

Banglas should win this one now!! The danger man is gone..

The tail is in. Not much is expected from that tail. Don't choke Banglas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back