Bangladesh vs Pakistan | Asia Cup 2014 | Dhaka | 04/03/2014 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were saying? Shame he couldn't get his bat over the line :(

LOL

He took us very close to the point, even our tail-enders can finish it off but with misbah, it would have been 20 or 30 to get for the tail.

You were saying? Shame he couldn't get his bat over the line :(

fawad alam got runout by dummy akmal

he's a smart guy and would have finished it in singles but akmal had a brain fart

MOM - Fawad Alam for me

Where have all the Bangladesh fans gone lol. They must be gutted. Congrats to Pakistan. What a victory...

tbh at the start of pakistani innings i thought that pak would not win this. but credit to pak batsmen they made it possible.
congrats guys

Spare a thought for Bangla, they played so well....but Afridi, Shehzad and Fawad played like champions

Brilliant innings from Fawad. Should be a regular member of the side.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fawad is such a boss!! What an interview. He's a great bat for 4 or 5 in ODIs

fawad alam got runout by dummy akmal

he's a smart guy and would have finished it in singles but akmal had a brain fart

MOM - Fawad Alam for me

It was the right call. Didn't matter. Afridi is MoM.

Hahahaha where are the tigers and indian supporters of the paper tigers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fantastic game, congrats to both teams for putting on a special match :)

Have to feel sorry for bangla fans too. They must be absolutely gutted. Well played anyways guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

is anyone think Afridi will get his record back..? I think he has a chance today but coming too late to bat..

Boy do I love Pakistan.....the most unpredictable ever

What a great chase.

Hafeez - Excellent batting in the early overs
Shahzad - Very slow start but made some quick and important after getting 50
Afridi - What an innings
Fawad - What a comeback innings, I truly hope you are a permanent fixture in the team. Your running between the wickets was a breath of fresh air.

Jeevay Jeevay Pakistan

Bangladesh were great and it took a genius innings by Afridi to win it.

Oh and some Indian fans on here :)))

Fawad should be in the one day and test team. Definitely in the test team. He has a very good temparment.

I WANT I WANT I WANT..
AFRIDI'S AND FAWAD'S INNINGS.. ANYONE PLS UPLOAD IT YouTube..

Though not a fan of Fawad (I think he doesn't have enough power), but he justified his selection, don't see him not playing the finals, he made a vital contribution.

Phew..... made it..... Bangladesh showed that there 326 had a Pakistani contribution with pathetic shameful bowling and clinical batting, resurrecting the career of Fawad Alam, Umar akmal finally finished the match, but Afridi is the man of the match, he was incredible, if he continues to play like this he will be regarded as the world's best. Misbah and U. Akmal playing as much less balls is good for Pakistan, and Misb ah does'nt have a place in the team. Afridi for Pakistan captaincy.

Last edited:
so Misbah got out early 3 times, and times pak win.. when he's hang there, they lost.. coincidence..?
just kidding.. what will Misbah feel..?

Can't see Misbah and Moin Khan dropping Fawad Alam after this performance.

Great job Fawad! Showed everyone that you can bat and bat sensibly in a pressure situation.

Last edited:
so Misbah got out early 3 times, and times pak win.. when he's hang there, they lost.. coincidence..?

He said it in the last game. :D
"If I am not scoring runs, and the team is winning, there is nothing better." :))

I can see Fawad Alam replacing Misbah in the team after he retires...very composed batting from this guy today.

I hate this. So much discrimination. Fawwad Alam was not mentioned even once in the prize distribution. Shame on you biased Rameez Raja and Misbah. Pathetic.

Can't see Misbah and Moin Khan dropping Fawad Alam after this performance.

Great job Fawad! Showed everyone that you can bat and bat sensibly in a pressure situation.

Fawad is in the side for sure, that is not even a question now.
Question is who is getting dropped Sohaib Maqsood or Sharjeel ?

Last I remember him in a chase of 300+ was vs south Africa and he played a vital innings with razzaq and Afridi even in that match

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I hate this. So much discrimination. Fawwad Alam was not mentioned even once in the prize distribution. Shame on you biased Rameez Raja and Misbah. Pathetic.

Not a big deal i guess but it was surprising to see that the guy who probably played the most important innings, wasn't even mentioned once.

He said it in the last game. :D
"If I am not scoring runs, and the team is winning, there is nothing better." :))

but that'll be a strange feel.. if I'm the Misbah, and after seeing today match, I'll think they deliberately not played for win..

if fawad in the side he should be in middle order. he will be utter wastage in no.7

Sohaib Maqsood should'nt be dropped due to bad umpiring decision, sadly the only person who needs to be replaced is Abdur Rehman, Misbah or U.Akmal. Fawad's game of rotating strike slowly building innings will be helpful for Pakistan. Sharjeel Khan and Sohaib Maqsood r talents that cannot be replaced

Ahmed S makes a 100
Fawad gets a 70

and Afridi gets the accolades. LOL

Even Rameez only interested in asking about Afridi

Sohaib Maqsood should'nt be dropped due to bad umpiring decision, sadly the only person who needs to be replaced is Abdur Rehman, Misbah or U.Akmal. Fawad's game of rotating strike slowly building innings will be helpful for Pakistan. Sharjeel Khan and Sohaib Maqsood r talents that cannot be replaced
So one one of Misbah or Umar should be replaced by Sharjeel?... :ibutt

Ahmed S makes a 100
Fawad gets a 70

and Afridi gets the accolades. LOL

Even Rameez only interested in asking about Afridi

Shehzad and Fawad did phenomenally well and deserve praise but anyone who knows anything about cricket will know that it is :afridi who won the game for Pakistan today

UA and Misbah need to be replaced.... UA was not out today, had a century and a 70. Misbah scored a 70 then got run out by his partner the last two matches. Yes he got out today but no one performs every match.

Drop Rehman.

Hafeez
Shehzad
Alam
Maqsood/Misbah/Umar
Afridi
Gul
Ajmal
Talha
Junaid

So one one of Misbah or Umar should be replaced by Sharjeel?... :ibutt

none of them... Umar is your keeper dear... drop Rehman for sharjeel.. if needed drop talha/gul for junaid.. I'll drop talha for junaid..

One of the great chases by Pak. Absolutely thrilling stuff. Two highly anxious chases in two days and both chases successfully! Masha'Allah !

Fawad is in the side for sure, that is not even a question now.

Question is who is getting dropped Sohaib Maqsood or Sharjeel ?

I wud drop Maqsood for Sharjeel. Sharjeel looks dangerous in the start of the innings. If given a go i think he will score big in the final. And dropping Junaid was a blunder i wud say.

UA and Misbah need to be replaced.... UA was not out today, had a century and a 70. Misbah scored a 70 then got run out by his partner the last two matches. Yes he got out today but no one performs every match.

Drop Rehman.

Hafeez
Shehzad
Alam
Maqsood/Misbah/Umar
Afridi
Gul
Ajmal
Talha
Junaid

9 players..
I would say
sharjeel
Shehzad
Hafeez
Alam
Maqsood
Misbah
Umar
Afridi
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid

9 players..
I would say
sharjeel
Shehzad
Hafeez
Alam
Maqsood
Misbah
Umar
Afridi
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid

That's 11 actually. I simply don't know what order to put Misbah, Maqsood and Umar because it depends on the situation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back