Bangladesh vs West Indies | ODI 1 | 26/07/2009

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Toss - Floyd Reifer has won the toss and he has elected to field first.

West Indies eleven - FL Reifer*, DM Richards, ADS Fletcher†, DS Smith, TM Dowlin, DE Bernard, RN Lewis, DJG Sammy, NO Miller, KAJ Roach, NT Pascal

Bangladesh eleven - Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan*, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Mahmudullah, Rubel Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Naeem Islam, Syed Rasel

One of the umpires is Doctrove - so he is done with Ashes I suppose

Last edited:
Zunaid Siddique with 2 fours and then Pascal misses a ct & b. Looks like his hand is now bleeding
Bang 23-1 after 3.5 overs

Weren't Gayle and co. going to appear in the ODI's against BD after the contracts issue got sorted out?! Well thats of what I had thought had happened unless am wrong?!

good comeback this by bangladesh, they are now 70-1...i want to see the west indies annihalted again, in my humble opinion they deserve to get beaten by every single team, cant stand the attitude of their players.

Raqibul Hasan out bowled
Shakib in
Bang 97-3 after 23.1 overs

player matches runs HS average
Ashraful 140 2801 109 23.34
Shakib 63 1600 134* 33.33

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:
Abey yaar bojo key moonh wala Lewis bhi khel raha hai

youre right i didnt notice rawl lewis...windies are plunging new depths

poor effort by bangla against what is effectively a club side

hasanb said:
poor effort by bangla against what is effectively a club side
There are atleast 5 players who already played for WI.What makes you think this is a club team?

rumman007 said:
There are atleast 5 players who already played for WI.What makes you think this is a club team?

yes, 3 very young internationals, 2 over the hill former internationals, and the remainder a rag tag bunch of domestic cricketers. That doesnt sound like a club team to you?

101 balls now since banglas last boundary...inspiring play from them

12 runs off the over including a chakkkaaa. Biggest over of the match
Ban 168-5 after 39 overs @ 4.31

What ever total Bangla get i recon they will defend it!

Mahmudullah with another six - on 22 now
Shakib on 33
Ban 182-5 after 41.2
this message has been brought by Glow - Feel free
unlimited SMS - Looks like the most popular and important thing in that part of Asia

Powerplay taken in 44th over
Gillete Blue II plus - araam shave aur chalay ziada

i wonder if the bangladeshis have forgotten about the batting powerplay. Surely its a bit silly to leave it to the last 5 overs if you already have 2 well set batsmen at the crease now? ah theyve taken it right now...just as i said that

Bangladesh have their highest ODI score against WI
Shakib 50
partnership 76 from 63 balls
Bang 225-5 after 46.2 overs

the pitch is turning for the WI left arm spinner
Shakib out on 54
Ban 230-7 after 47.2 overs

spinner bowling second over , interesting

& gets one plumb of the second ball

captain reifer out, windies headed for a big defeat at this point, 24-3

I just saw a Gillete Mark III ad which had Ferderer, Henry, Woods with the Malik. Lucky players but the razor should have been called Gillete Cheetah.

Raj strikes again!

42/4 after 12 overs!!

good bowling by the come-back bowlers (Raj and Rasel)

Murad said:
Raj strikes again!

42/4 after 12 overs!!

good bowling by the come-back bowlers (Raj and Rasel)

who on earth is raj??

from what i can see you have rasel bowling from one end and razzaq from the other....

Good to hear Athar Ali Khan giving advice to WI on how to improve cricket

hasanb said:
who on earth is raj??

from what i can see you have rasel bowling from one end and razzaq from the other....

Raj = Razzak

Raj is his nickname :)

Wii 118-4 after 27 overs - need 129 from 23 overs @ 5.61
current Partnership of 76
Bang was 113-3 after 27

Im surprised the windies even got to 190+...well done to bangladesh. Now a 3-0 scoreline would serve this shambles of a cricketing 'nation' right.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BwN1kI7sJo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BwN1kI7sJo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7g89UNj9z5M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7g89UNj9z5M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bangladesh should be expected to win this series 3-0 against such a weakened line up.

Back