Boxing Thread

Mitchell seems to freeze on the big occasion, if he fights at his very best he will win the fight but if he freezes again on big occasion he will lose. I hope he does win a title though.

I need some place to watch the Mayweather-Pacman fight. Is there any place in Lahore screening it?

I need some place to watch the Mayweather-Pacman fight. Is there any place in Lahore screening it?

Am not sure.

Will have to be a stream or use a VPN if the fight is being sold online as well? not sure though.

Andre ward to finally return to the ring and fight paul smith, should be a decent warm up fight for ward, wish he moves up to light heavyweight and fights stevenson or kovalev

Am not sure.

Will have to be a stream or use a VPN if the fight is being sold online as well? not sure though.

Streams will be loaded I reckon. My only hope is if PTV Sports show it, but they only show Amir Khan's fights.

Streams will be loaded I reckon. My only hope is if PTV Sports show it, but they only show Amir Khan's fights.

True and no one is selling the fight on a stream SQ or HD. It's all on PPV. Try and avoid spoilers and download a torrent the day after, I might do that if I can't be bothered to stay up.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] isn't this the best opening sequence of a movie ever?

watch

When I see De Niro shadow boxing as (Lamotta) with that theme playing I get goosebumps, boxing is a metaphor of life itself.

True and no one is selling the fight on a stream SQ or HD. It's all on PPV. Try and avoid spoilers and download a torrent the day after, I might do that if I can't be bothered to stay up.

Impossible since it will be on the Pakistani news too! Can't avoid spoilers which is why I was looking for a place that was screening it but to no avail so far.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] isn't this the best opening sequence of a movie ever?

watch

When I see De Niro shadow boxing as (Lamotta) with that theme playing I get goosebumps, boxing is a metaphor of life itself.

He gave an incredible performance as Lamotta. However, my favorite boxing movie will forever be The Cinderella Man. The way they showcased the in-ring sequences was absolutely jaw-dropping!

Impossible since it will be on the Pakistani news too! Can't avoid spoilers which is why I was looking for a place that was screening it but to no avail so far.

Seriously? :)) you can't? I've managed to avoid mania spoilers to, but I stayed in a batcave for a day or two :))) on a level though it's not that hard unless there's no chance of avoiding the telly, then you'll have to find a stream. Trust me you might find one that is poor quality but it wont freeze, boxing streams are usually okay

He gave an incredible performance as Lamotta. However, my favorite boxing movie will forever be The Cinderella Man. The way they showcased the in-ring sequences was absolutely jaw-dropping!

I loved that movie! did you know I think in the UK the sales were so bad that cinema boss's were like you can watch the movie for free and if you don't like it we'll offer you a refund, it was a great performance no doubt was very invested in the characters and also because it was based on a true story. That guy paid back all his benefits! :bow: only if big corps did the same, they cheat the system more then anyone. One of my favourite performances in a boxing fim was by Hillary Swank and Clint East Wood in million dollar baby, that movie had me in tears I jobbed out bah gawd :))) Bale in The fighter was also amazing

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION]

Look, [MENTION=115388]I Believe in the Teesra[/MENTION] tried over-cooking my steak then you our coach came in to cool things down.

Then [MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] (Larry) dog doesn't stop barking so I have a go at him, then he calls me an animal and then my reply is just :)))

Watch video, epic scene. There are so many cool moments like this one.

Seriously? :)) you can't? I've managed to avoid mania spoilers to, but I stayed in a batcave for a day or two :))) on a level though it's not that hard unless there's no chance of avoiding the telly, then you'll have to find a stream. Trust me you might find one that is poor quality but it wont freeze, boxing streams are usually okay

Boxing spoilers are extremely easy to avoid as are MMA/WWE spoilers because neither is mainstream in Pakistan except WWE to an extent. However, since this Manny/Mayweather, every person and their dog will be watching this and it's bound to get spoiled as it will be all over the news too.

klischko v jennings will hopefully be a decent fight this weekend and klischko will get a decent test which hes not had for quite a while.

Look, [MENTION=115388]I Believe in the Teesra[/MENTION] tried over-cooking my steak then you our coach came in to cool things down.

Then [MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] (Larry) dog doesn't stop barking so I have a go at him, then he calls me an animal and then my reply is just :)))

This is epic. :))) :)))

I loved that movie! did you know I think in the UK the sales were so bad that cinema boss's were like you can watch the movie for free and if you don't like it we'll offer you a refund, it was a great performance no doubt was very invested in the characters and also because it was based on a true story. That guy paid back all his benefits! :bow: only if big corps did the same, they cheat the system more then anyone. One of my favourite performances in a boxing fim was by Hillary Swank and Clint East Wood in million dollar baby, that movie had me in tears I jobbed out bah gawd :))) Bale in The fighter was also amazing

I didn't know that. Incredible if true. Yes, the Million Dollar baby is definitely my second-favorite boxing film and it's very emotional. I jobbed out in the last couple of scenes too. :))

I like The Fighter but I felt it focused more on Ward's personal life rather than on his in-ring career which is why I don't really LOVE that movie. Warrior (about MMA) was the perfect mix of how to incorporate intriguing fight sequences and also have a deep emotional story.

I didn't know that. Incredible if true. Yes, the Million Dollar baby is definitely my second-favorite boxing film and it's very emotional. I jobbed out in the last couple of scenes too. :))

I like The Fighter but I felt it focused more on Ward's personal life rather than on his in-ring career which is why I don't really LOVE that movie. Warrior (about MMA) was the perfect mix of how to incorporate intriguing fight sequences and also have a deep emotional story.

The Fighter deserves a part to, but it's quiet unique for a boxing movie because the main fighting occurs outside the squared circle so it was a breath of fresh air in that regard. In part two maybe they could base the film on the epic ward/gatti trilogy. I've seen warrior to, underrated film! and we got to see Kurt in the Octagon to as Koba lol you know that MMA fighters dad? forgot his name but what a performance from him deserved an academy

[MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] check this out you jobber :)))

klischko v jennings will hopefully be a decent fight this weekend and klischko will get a decent test which hes not had for quite a while.

Back to some boxing.

I've had no interest in the HW division, need Wilder to step it up ASAP. And guess what, apparently David Haye is interested in a comeback! That would really energise the division:

Haye v Wilder
Wilder v Wlad
Haye v Wlad part 2

In the future:

Haye v Joshua
Wilder v Joshua

Wlad would have retired before he gets to face Joshua

a detailed article on Uncle Al's plans for PBC

The most powerful man in boxing and the former mutual fund manager who delivered him more than $425 million in institutional capital share a chuckle when they think back to the meeting that started them down the path to prime time on NBC.

Al Haymon had a big, bold and unprecedented idea to bring the sport that once minted icons back into mainstream conversation.

Already the manager of about 50 fighters including Floyd Mayweather, Haymon was on his way to more than tripling his stable, creating enough heft that he could put together a steady stream of credible matchups in most weight classes.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/04/20/In-Depth/Main.aspx

:))) :)))

Lmao shaz you should've done the same to that restaurant that served you overcooked steak :))

"Mera sar bahot bara hai" - A Pakistani cricketer

:))) I will next time, man I hate asian restaurants in the UK only a few are good. Most people don't care about the food they are served just want to take fancy pictures :facepalm:

Impressive solid boxing and defensive performance from Badou jack to beat Anthony Dirrell to win WBC super middleweight title, so looks like george groves will now fight Jack for the title, massive upset, jack has some power as he did put down Dirrell in midde of the fight.

Guys check this out, awesome build up

Have you seen the HBO one? They mainly cover Manny but have mentioned Floyd here and there to:

The showtime one mainly chronicles Floyd and not Manny at all, need to check out episode 1 before the 2nd one

Have you seen the HBO one? They mainly cover Manny but have mentioned Floyd here and there to:

The showtime one mainly chronicles Floyd and not Manny at all, need to check out episode 1 before the 2nd one

Will get to watching it after my exam is done on Wednesday. Going by the comments, it seems HBO's is far better than showtimes.

klitchkio wins probably toughest test hes been given in a while, can fury or wilder beat him,its a pretty tough ask i think.

David Haye can beat him with the right game plan. If he manages to get inside of that ellite Jab he'd win the fight, potentially by Knockout.

Will get to watching it after my exam is done on Wednesday. Going by the comments, it seems HBO's is far better than showtimes.

I've watched all of them now, I think the show time ones on Mayweather were very good his documentary was made so much better.

David Haye can beat him with the right game plan. If he manages to get inside of that ellite Jab he'd win the fight, potentially by Knockout.

Haye would give away to much of a size and reach advantage and also doesnt seem to be able to be fit enought to make a comeback i doubt this fight would happen.

Haye would give away to much of a size and reach advantage and also doesnt seem to be able to be fit enought to make a comeback i doubt this fight would happen.

If he became the mandatory Klitchko would have to face him. If Haye gets in on the inside and hits some bombs or pins him on the ropes you never know, the key to beating klitchko would be roughing him up, getting dirty, trash talking and potentially getting him to trade. Haye was too defensive by his standards in the last fight, was on the back foot entire fight that's just not natural for his style.

Okay, need to get properly hyped for Mayweather/Pacman now. Which buildup videos do you lot suggest I start watching?

Okay, need to get properly hyped for Mayweather/Pacman now. Which buildup videos do you lot suggest I start watching?

the show time ones are the best but only cover mayweather, hbo cover manny but not as good as show time

Who next for Mayweather? Amir Khan, Thurman, or Kell Brook?

Brook's a no-name outside UK, no one would be interested in a Thurman fight, that leaves Amir. I really hope that fight happens so that after Money retires, we don't see Khan fanboys whining about how their boy was going to be the 1 on May's record.

I reckon Garcia will get the next shot. Shame as he has nothing for Floyd but makes sense because he has the best record out of all the other contenders.

Who next for Mayweather? Amir Khan, Thurman, or Kell Brook?

Certainly not Brook...no name...

And in a choice between Khan and Thurman Khan is the fight that makes sense...

Khan is a lot easier...and is a big money fight...so win-win...

No-one is gonna beat Floyd...its just about whos gonna get a big payday...

Btw in terms of the buildup...there is something very WWEish about it...the saintly Manny VS the woman beating terrible Floyd...

There is no defence for Floyds behaviour but his behaviour doesn't make Pacquiao a good guy...

To put things in perspective Manny is the same guy who brought his girlfriend ringside to the Cotto fight...problem?...he was already married with four kids...when he was pulled up on it by his wife he refused to break things off...this as it happens is one of his many public infidelities...but of course mentioning his misogyny and infidelity would upset the existing narrative...

Or how about his pushing for a ban of contraception as a congressman...thats stupid enough but whats worse is his hypocrisy...his wife admitted that they use contraception because as she says 'four is enough'...so we can add hypocrite to Mannys resume...

Tbf though as a boxing fan i have little time for hero worship...but for those that do your hero isnt much of a hero...

Certainly not Brook...no name...

And in a choice between Khan and Thurman Khan is the fight that makes sense...

Khan is a lot easier...and is a big money fight...so win-win...

No-one is gonna beat Floyd...its just about whos gonna get a big payday...

I don't think Brook's even in the picture. I think Thurman and Garcia are in pole position with Khan an outside bet. I'm largely confident that Garcia will get Floyd for his last fight.

No one really left out there for FMJ to fight that will really test him so will be intresting to see who he picks for his final fight

Boxing is a joke, don't know why people watch this rubbish.

There is no unified authority in the sport. Unlikely tennis, snooker, football and cricket you can have multiple world champions for the same weight class. You may have to wait months and years before two rivals fight and it's likely one of them is not at their physical or technical peak. You have loads of clowns who think it's a great way to keep young lads from crime, rather than educating them and showing how maths and science are far more valuable than being able to punch.

Then there's the points system, where you're not showing the scoring as it goes along, so each fighter is not aware of where they are in the match. Maybe if the points system was visible after each round the opponent would realise where he's at and try to be more aggressive and who knows maybe land a KO.

Boxing is a not a sport, it's a farce.

There is no unified authority in the sport. Unlikely tennis, snooker, football and cricket you can have multiple world champions for the same weight class. You may have to wait months and years before two rivals fight and it's likely one of them is not at their physical or technical peak. You have loads of clowns who think it's a great way to keep young lads from crime, rather than educating them and showing how maths and science are far more valuable than being able to punch.

Then there's the points system, where you're not showing the scoring as it goes along, so each fighter is not aware of where they are in the match. Maybe if the points system was visible after each round the opponent would realise where he's at and try to be more aggressive and who knows maybe land a KO.

What about boxing, the Olympic sport ?

Lol random rant...

While I take issue with the various governing bodies the benefit is more boxing which i have no issue with...and unifications do happen...also many fights happen without the need for belts...

As someone who boxes myself learning how to punch is more valuable than holding a tennis racket or bowling...any reason you chose to attack boxing in favour of science and maths and not those other sports?...

As for the points system its good as it is...they introduced the scores being read after 4 and 8 rounds and it ruins the fight...Alvarez/Trout comes to mind...

As for it being a farce...a subjective opinion...and considering the numbers watching last night im sure its doing fine :) ...

I agree with you in that the fight wasn't the best dessert for new boxing fans
And it wasn't senseless violence or men ending up with haemorrhages or even Parkinsons

But Mayweather showed pugilism as a skill rather than as a force and should be honoured as such

Lol random rant...

While I take issue with the various governing bodies the benefit is more boxing which i have no issue with...and unifications do happen...also many fights happen without the need for belts...

As someone who boxes myself learning how to punch is more valuable than holding a tennis racket or bowling...any reason you chose to attack boxing in favour of science and maths and not those other sports?...

As for the points system its good as it is...they introduced the scores being read after 4 and 8 rounds and it ruins the fight...Alvarez/Trout comes to mind...

As for it being a farce...a subjective opinion...and considering the numbers watching last night im sure its doing fine :) ...

The other sports are precisely that, sports. There is no violence, no one goes out there on a tennis court or in cricket with the intention of hurting the opponent. The numbers watching last night are what is most depressing, there are people all over the world who are prepared to watch garbage.

It's not a random rant it's my opinion. I love all sport, every single one. I watch games like Darts and Snooker as well. Tennis, Cricket, Golf, Motorsports and many more and the one that makes least sense in terms of it's existence is boxing.

You're learning to box and you think that will be of more use than learning how to bowl or play tennis? Well the only thing you're learning is how to hurt others in the very rare and unlikely scenario someone attacks you.

The argument that you're learning to box as self defence just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. I'm 29 now, I have 5 younger brothers as well all between 18 and 27 and none of us, not once have ever had to need to know how to use self defence. There's two reasons for that, the environment we live in and also knowing the value of education and sport for fitness.

I'll repeat, if you end up having to need these self defence methods regularly or more than once, it's probably a reflection of the environment you live in and you.

You're learning to box and you think that will be of more use than learning how to bowl or play tennis? Well the only thing you're learning is how to hurt others in the very rare and unlikely scenario someone attacks you.

The argument that you're learning to box as self defence just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. I'm 29 now, I have 5 younger brothers as well all between 18 and 27 and none of us, not once have ever had to need to know how to use self defence. There's two reasons for that, the environment we live in and also knowing the value of education and sport for fitness.

I'll repeat, if you end up having to need these self defence methods regularly or more than once, it's probably a reflection of the environment you live in and you.

Actually I box mainly for fitness...and fewer sports are as fun in terms of gaining fitness than boxing is...has it helped me self defence wise...certainly...but thats not why i started doing it...its actually development of a skillset...like any martial art...

As for your post on sport...without being rude that is absolute nonsense...your criteria for a sport is what?...something in which someone doesn't get hurt?...

On what basis is snooker or darts even a sport?...

Rugby isnt a sport?...

Lmao at retards trying to defend woman beating by comparing it to someone that cheats on their wife :))) how pathetic sickening.

''Floyd needs to know he is supposed to hug his wife and punch his opponent, not the other way around.''

Hahahaha

I reckon Garcia will get the next shot. Shame as he has nothing for Floyd but makes sense because he has the best record out of all the other contenders.

Garcia has done jack **** to deserve a fight with Floyd, his fluke win over Amir being the only highlight of his career plus he "lost" vs Herrera.

You're absolutely right that Floyd may be tempted to pick Danny as it will be one of his more easier fights. With Danny being flat footed, Floyd will run circles round him for 12 rounds.

what happened in Pacman V Manny fight, I haven't watched it yet. Why are members bringing Brock in it

Pretty boring fight tbh, with the usual Floyd shoulder rolls, hugging, and running and Manny missing most of his hits. In the end Floyd prevailed as he landed more and pretty much frustrated Manny all 12 rounds.

No one really left out there for FMJ to fight that will really test him so will be intresting to see who he picks for his final fight

After this fight, he has the luxury to pick whomever he wants and the fans are at no liberty to raise eyebrows...He's pretty much cleaned up the division and no worth opponent remains. Who do you think he'll pick for his last fight? I'd want him to fight Amir just for the heck of it, but he'll probably choose a flat-footed power puncher who he can run circles around for 12 rounds.

Come on, guys. Let's keep it civil. No personal insults, let's stick to boxing please!

Garcia has done jack **** to deserve a fight with Floyd, his fluke win over Amir being the only highlight of his career plus he "lost" vs Herrera.

You're absolutely right that Floyd may be tempted to pick Danny as it will be one of his more easier fights. With Danny being flat footed, Floyd will run circles round him for 12 rounds.

Danny knocked Amir out fair and square. He baited him into a brawl and Amir's brain betrayed him again. You can't fault Garcia for implementing a good strategy. Like him or not, Garcia has that 0 on his record and Floyd maybe tempted to take that away from him.

The thing is, I don't think Floyd will want that fight. He's all the about the money and as reports suggest he wants Khan as he knows that, that fight will draw the most people. This is evidenced by the fact that Floyd Sr. is already talking about how Floyd should fight an easy opponent for his last fight (Khan) and also Khan saying in the media that Floyd's manager came up to him and said "We're ready when you are." after the Pacman fight.

what happened in Pacman V Manny fight, I haven't watched it yet. Why are members bringing Brock in it

Can you please call him Brook instead of Brock? Any other poster and we would automatically assume it's Brook but you have a massive liking for Brock so we really don't know who you're talking about sometimes. :))

Can you please call him Brook instead of Brock? Any other poster and we would automatically assume it's Brook but you have a massive liking for Brock so we really don't know who you're talking about sometimes. :))

Well at least you people mistakenly praise him :msd

Danny knocked Amir out fair and square. He baited him into a brawl and Amir's brain betrayed him again. You can't fault Garcia for implementing a good strategy. Like him or not, Garcia has that 0 on his record and Floyd maybe tempted to take that away from him.

The thing is, I don't think Floyd will want that fight. He's all the about the money and as reports suggest he wants Khan as he knows that, that fight will draw the most people. This is evidenced by the fact that Floyd Sr. is already talking about how Floyd should fight an easy opponent for his last fight (Khan) and also Khan saying in the media that Floyd's manager came up to him and said "We're ready when you are." after the Pacman fight.

It would be tragic if he fought Garcia, I actually believe he Lost against Peterson that was a dodgy decision even though Peterson was overly cautious in the first half he was still the dominant fighter. He just has a way of winning. Lmao Garcia's dad said Pakistani's can't fight :))), that won them the fight pretty much. Garcia can't box to save his life, I hope he loses soon just not as good as his record suggests. Hasn't done anything for me besides that victory over Khan.

Maybe face GGG at a catch-weight or get him to face Floyd at 154, doubt he'd go for a fight like that. Right now Khan is the best option for him, low risk and High Reward. No one else makes sense financially.

Garcia threw a hail mary with his eyes closed and landed. The first three rounds he was getting rekt by Amir, but Amir being Amir turned it in to a brawl and Garcia has only Amir to thank for his fame. I suspect if Mayweather vs Amir fight does happen it'll definitely be more entertaining than MayPac.

Mayweather shouldn't fight Garcia, would be easy and there is no way he would fight GGG and rightly so, think he would get hammered

I think a Mayweather-Khan fight is the one that should happen, the speed Khan brings will be interesting, still expect Mayweather to win as he always does BUT would make for an interesting fight

Mayweather shouldn't fight Garcia, would be easy and there is no way he would fight GGG and rightly so, think he would get hammered

I think a Mayweather-Khan fight is the one that should happen, the speed Khan brings will be interesting, still expect Mayweather to win as he always does BUT would make for an interesting fight

True that, can't have floyd losing that 0. Need to protect it, GGG too risky for him.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

Canelo v Kirkland today, expect it to be a great fight. I'll be routing for Kirkland but don't think he has a chance, he is great at putting combinations together but always leaves himself open; his defence is absolutely awful and doesn't move his head much either. He has Heart though and can take a good shot despite that 1st round KO he suffered against a feather fist put that down to ring rust and lack of preparation.

I feel Canelo is a bit overrated, he couldn't even beat Lara. People say Alvarez provided the blue-print to beat Lara but it was the complete opposite and no wonder they don't want the rematch.

There's a British Card to tonight, Anthony Joshua in action.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

Canelo v Kirkland today, expect it to be a great fight. I'll be routing for Kirkland but don't think he has a chance, he is great at putting combinations together but always leaves himself open; his defence is absolutely awful and doesn't move his head much either. He has Heart though and can take a good shot despite that 1st round KO he suffered against a feather fist put that down to ring rust and lack of preparation.

I feel Canelo is a bit overrated, he couldn't even beat Lara. People say Alvarez provided the blue-print to beat Lara but it was the complete opposite and no wonder they don't want the rematch.

There's a British Card to tonight, Anthony Joshua in action.

Canelo vs Kirkland promises to be a cracker. I think Kirkland's ring rust will play a huge role, but tbh I don't think he has the skills to beat Canelo anyway. I have high hopes for Alvarez but he really needs to work on his footwork, and I'll be looking for more combinations and less head-hunting in this fight. Kirkland is a very hittable fighter and he will get TKO'd if Canelo continuously finds his chin.

However, you can't underestimate Kirkland, if Canelo goes head-hunting then Kirkland is more than capable of landing counters and combinations at will, and he will more than likely gas out Alvarez. I'm picking Canelo by 7th round TKO.

For the sake of boxing, I hope Canelo obliterates Kirkland and then the most interesting fight in boxing atm can be made; Canelo vs GGG.

Canelo vs Kirkland promises to be a cracker. I think Kirkland's ring rust will play a huge role, but tbh I don't think he has the skills to beat Canelo anyway. I have high hopes for Alvarez but he really needs to work on his footwork, and I'll be looking for more combinations and less head-hunting in this fight. Kirkland is a very hittable fighter and he will get TKO'd if Canelo continuously finds his chin.

However, you can't underestimate Kirkland, if Canelo goes head-hunting then Kirkland is more than capable of landing counters and combinations at will, and he will more than likely gas out Alvarez. I'm picking Canelo by 7th round TKO.

He lost 2 years of his peak to for being a douche outside the ring. Kirkland gets hit too much, he needs to be smarter in this fight and try to establish his jab; his best chance of winning is if he is able to get Canelo to trade with him. I'd be surprised if this fight goes 6 rounds.

For the sake of boxing, I hope Canelo obliterates Kirkland and then the most interesting fight in boxing atm can be made; Canelo vs GGG.

I read Triple G is prepared to fight Money at Welterweight, what a fight that would be. Will be surprised if Floyd Fights him.

GGG v Floyd
Khan v Floyd/Manny(although he is out for 9 months because of the shoulder issue)
Wilder v Klitchko

Want to see these fights.

Canelo is over-hyped. If he wins this fight he should face Lara again.

He lost 2 years of his peak to for being a douche outside the ring. Kirkland gets hit too much, he needs to be smarter in this fight and try to establish his jab; his best chance of winning is if he is able to get Canelo to trade with him. I'd be surprised if this fight goes 6 rounds.

If he gets into a brawl with Canelo, he'll get knocked out inside 4 rounds. Canelo hits too hard for him and he won't be able to take too many of Alvarez' body shots and his chin won't hold up either. His best chance is make Canelo work enough and survive long enough for Alvarez to gas then take over in the later rounds, turn it up with combinations and hope he does enough to take the decision.

I read Triple G is prepared to fight Money at Welterweight, what a fight that would be. Will be surprised if Floyd Fights him.

GGG v Floyd
Khan v Floyd/Manny(although he is out for 9 months because of the shoulder issue)
Wilder v Klitchko

Want to see these fights.

Canelo is over-hyped. If he wins this fight he should face Lara again.

Golovkin is a stupid fight for Floyd to take, maybe Floyd would've taken it 5 years ago when he still had that spring in his step, but now. It's also incredibly naïve and unreasonable of people to expect a 38 year old Floyd to take up that fight. People forget that Floyd would be outweighed by 20 POUNDS on fight night against a guy who is a notoriously heavy puncher. The odds will be too heavily stacked against him and he would be stupid to take this fight.

If that fight actually does take place, GGG should rightly be the favorite, but I would still favor Floyd in the fight. I'm well past the point where I can rationally bet against him. Golovkin cuts off the ring brilliantly and his body shots should hypothetically make Floyd fold like a lawn chair but you can't just count out the best defensive fighter the world has ever seen. The guy's in-ring IQ is off the charts and he'll come prepared knowing that this fight could actually catapult him into contention for one of the best of all time seeing as he took a fight against a lethal undefeated monster, gave up 20 pounds on fight night, put his legacy on the line and came out the better fighter.

Meanwhile, why is Golovkin not responding to Ward's call for a fight? Ward outweighs GGG by just 5 pounds on fight night and has openly said that he wants to face him so let's make that happen. That would truly be one for the ages! A true pick 'em fight! That's one of the fights I'm REALLY looking forward to.

Khan vs Floyd doesn't interest me in the boxing sense at all as from no stand point do I see Amir beating Floyd unless Amir fights the best fight of his life and Mayweather fights the worst fight of his life. This is solely my boxing expertise talking, take it with a pinch of salt. Another thing that ticks me off with regards to this fight is that honestly, I don't see history being kind on Amir. I think he'll get knocked out a lot in the later part of his career and 20 years down the line, when people discuss Floyd, they'll say "He took an easy last fight against a guy who got knocked out by xyz etc"

Now let's move on to why I would LOVE for this fight to happen, if I simply think in terms of a spectacle. So many Pakistani fanboys support Khan including my brother and I would absolutely love Floyd to shut them up. Sick of people here in Pakistan who know nothing about boxing claiming that Floyd is afraid of Amir :)) It would be a lovely day when Floyd shuts them all up. I have a bet with my brother that I'll take him out for dinner at a place of his choosing if Amir manages to win even 4 rounds against Floyd.

Manny vs Khan is a fight I'd love to see if Floyd/Khan doesn't happen. Manny even in this state is a hell of a boxer and would be the favorite against Amir.

If he gets into a brawl with Canelo, he'll get knocked out inside 4 rounds. Canelo hits too hard for him and he won't be able to take too many of Alvarez' body shots and his chin won't hold up either. His best chance is make Canelo work enough and survive long enough for Alvarez to gas then take over in the later rounds, turn it up with combinations and hope he does enough to take the decision.

That's his only chance imo and Kirkland hits very hard himself, no way does Kirkland win if this fight somehow manages to goes the distance.

Golovkin is a stupid fight for Floyd to take, maybe Floyd would've taken it 5 years ago when he still had that spring in his step, but now. It's also incredibly naïve and unreasonable of people to expect a 38 year old Floyd to take up that fight. People forget that Floyd would be outweighed by 20 POUNDS on fight night against a guy who is a notoriously heavy puncher. The odds will be too heavily stacked against him and he would be stupid to take this fight.

If that fight actually does take place, GGG should rightly be the favorite, but I would still favor Floyd in the fight. I'm well past the point where I can rationally bet against him. Golovkin cuts off the ring brilliantly and his body shots should hypothetically make Floyd fold like a lawn chair but you can't just count out the best defensive fighter the world has ever seen. The guy's in-ring IQ is off the charts and he'll come prepared knowing that this fight could actually catapult him into contention for one of the best of all time seeing as he took a fight against a lethal undefeated monster, gave up 20 pounds on fight night, put his legacy on the line and came out the better fighter.

Meanwhile, why is Golovkin not responding to Ward's call for a fight? Ward outweighs GGG by just 5 pounds on fight night and has openly said that he wants to face him so let's make that happen. That would truly be one for the ages! A true pick 'em fight! That's one of the fights I'm REALLY looking forward to.

Khan vs Floyd doesn't interest me in the boxing sense at all as from no stand point do I see Amir beating Floyd unless Amir fights the best fight of his life and Mayweather fights the worst fight of his life. This is solely my boxing expertise talking, take it with a pinch of salt. Another thing that ticks me off with regards to this fight is that honestly, I don't see history being kind on Amir. I think he'll get knocked out a lot in the later part of his career and 20 years down the line, when people discuss Floyd, they'll say "He took an easy last fight against a guy who got knocked out by xyz etc"

Now let's move on to why I would LOVE for this fight to happen, if I simply think in terms of a spectacle. So many Pakistani fanboys support Khan including my brother and I would absolutely love Floyd to shut them up. Sick of people here in Pakistan who know nothing about boxing claiming that Floyd is afraid of Amir :)) It would be a lovely day when Floyd shuts them all up. I have a bet with my brother that I'll take him out for dinner at a place of his choosing if Amir manages to win even 4 rounds against Floyd.

Manny vs Khan is a fight I'd love to see if Floyd/Khan doesn't happen. Manny even in this state is a hell of a boxer and would be the favorite against Amir.

Exactly, bang on I wouldn't expect Floyd to take the fight. It's not about whether he is a coward or not, it's about being smart and boxing is all about low risk high reward. And although legacies are defined by taking on such challenges it doesn't really matter when you can maintain your health and make loads of money. You can't expect Floyd to be the favourite and claim the odds would be heavily stacked against him, you love money but his fans have this way of becoming incredibly defensive when it comes to his opponents or potential opponents. Floyd would be the favourite in my book by a mile, there is no penetrating that defence no matter who he is faces which is why I've been disappointed by his cherry picking and lack of urgency in his fights when he's totally dominating. Your exagerating the 20 pounds lmao he won't exactly eat Nasir Jamsheds buffalo before the fight :))) but not doubt it would be an advantage, even then I don't see him having a chance against floyd and even then it's unlikely money will face him. I remember De La Hoya putting it all on the line a long time back against B-Hop and that was at middleweight, GGG is prepared to come down to welterweight. I recall Oscar winning most of the rounds up until that lethal body shot took him out, he fought the perfect fight that was so sad; but credit to him on taking a challenge of such a big magnitude.

I know Froch got destroyed before but after his last few performances I've wanted to see him face Andre Ward for a long time now, doubt he'll take that fight because he knows he'll get outboxed again. Ward is going to fight soon for the first time in years, needs to rebuild his stock up a bit and the fight with GGG will be huge when it does happen.

I don't really see why the smarks have an issue with Khan facing Floyd, I can see the argument of Floyd not facing GGG given his weight blah blah too dangerous yeah I get that and it's a valid excuse but who else is there for Money beyond a rematch with Manny? Khan makes the most sense financially and his speed will make the fight interesting imo, it's true he's likely to get beat and possibly knocked out but for me he's the ideal opponent for Floyd right now and boxing fans in general. I don't buy the whole Khan doing well because Floyd had a bad day argument shall we say the same for why Manny lost then? credit has to be given to the fighter unless they were fighting someone past their peak with an injured shoulder hehehehehe Pakistani fans are like that they want to route for their hero, leave them alone you'll feel sorry for Khan if you knew how he is treated by his home fans in the UK :))) Pakistani fans will always love and support you with all their heart no matter where you go, you'll have the odd uncle tom like mamoons that will have a weird kind of abject hatred for you or smark like dislike because "most people dunno shizzle about boxing" (read that in uncle rogers voice LOL). Imagine the fight was held in Lahore or Dubai, loads of brown people running behind Khan while he's on a jog screaming "Khan Bomebaye!" na that don't have a ring to it "Khan **some nasty swears in urdu/punjabi that I can't post*** :))) can you imagine people trying to get a selfie with him and then Amir just doing a Younis Khan :yk he's got a big heart wouldn't do it haha especially given the charity work he does in that country; what a dumb guy I wouldn't waste a penny on you [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] if I was him lmao

From Khan's perspective Manny is not a good fight for him :))) the build would be epic though, given they use to share a bed together

With Khan Floyd has the chance to finish his career in style with a KO, and I probably get stick for saying this but Khan poses a bigger threat to Floyd then any other fighter in the boxing world right right now given that styles make fights. Because it's Khan people will chat crap at me, but the smarks felt the same about Canelo and look what happend. Floyd always finds a way but real speed with a descent game plan will give him issues, I believe that.

Exactly, bang on I wouldn't expect Floyd to take the fight. It's not about whether he is a coward or not, it's about being smart and boxing is all about low risk high reward. And although legacies are defined by taking on such challenges it doesn't really matter when you can maintain your health and make loads of money. You can't expect Floyd to be the favourite and claim the odds would be heavily stacked against him, you love money but his fans have this way of becoming incredibly defensive when it comes to his opponents or potential opponents. Floyd would be the favourite in my book by a mile, there is no penetrating that defence no matter who he is faces which is why I've been disappointed by his cherry picking and lack of urgency in his fights when he's totally dominating. Your exagerating the 20 pounds lmao he won't exactly eat Nasir Jamsheds buffalo before the fight :))) but not doubt it would be an advantage, even then I don't see him having a chance against floyd and even then it's unlikely money will face him. I remember De La Hoya putting it all on the line a long time back against B-Hop and that was at middleweight, GGG is prepared to come down to welterweight. I recall Oscar winning most of the rounds up until that lethal body shot took him out, he fought the perfect fight that was so sad; but credit to him on taking a challenge of such a big magnitude.

I know Froch got destroyed before but after his last few performances I've wanted to see him face Andre Ward for a long time now, doubt he'll take that fight because he knows he'll get outboxed again. Ward is going to fight soon for the first time in years, needs to rebuild his stock up a bit and the fight with GGG will be huge when it does happen.

I don't really see why the smarks have an issue with Khan facing Floyd, I can see the argument of Floyd not facing GGG given his weight blah blah too dangerous yeah I get that and it's a valid excuse but who else is there for Money beyond a rematch with Manny? Khan makes the most sense financially and his speed will make the fight interesting imo, it's true he's likely to get beat and possibly knocked out but for me he's the ideal opponent for Floyd right now and boxing fans in general. I don't buy the whole Khan doing well because Floyd had a bad day argument shall we say the same for why Manny lost then? credit has to be given to the fighter unless they were fighting someone past their peak with an injured shoulder hehehehehe Pakistani fans are like that they want to route for their hero, leave them alone you'll feel sorry for Khan if you knew how he is treated by his home fans in the UK :))) Pakistani fans will always love and support you with all their heart no matter where you go, you'll have the odd uncle tom like mamoons that will have a weird kind of abject hatred for you or smark like dislike because "most people dunno shizzle about boxing" (read that in uncle rogers voice LOL). Imagine the fight was held in Lahore or Dubai, loads of brown people running behind Khan while he's on a jog screaming "Khan Bomebaye!" na that don't have a ring to it "Khan **some nasty swears in urdu/punjabi that I can't post*** :))) can you imagine people trying to get a selfie with him and then Amir just doing a Younis Khan :yk he's got a big heart wouldn't do it haha especially given the charity work he does in that country; what a dumb guy I wouldn't waste a penny on you [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] if I was him lmao

From Khan's perspective Manny is not a good fight for him :))) the build would be epic though, given they use to share a bed together

With Khan Floyd has the chance to finish his career in style with a KO, and I probably get stick for saying this but Khan poses a bigger threat to Floyd then any other fighter in the boxing world right right now given that styles make fights. Because it's Khan people will chat crap at me, but the smarks felt the same about Canelo and look what happend. Floyd always finds a way but real speed with a descent game plan will give him issues, I believe that.

I agree with each and every thing you said in this whole post except for the last bit of course because I really don't rate Amir's chances against Floyd but yes, in terms of what you're saying that there's no one out there near their weight-classes that has a better chance than Amir at beating Floyd, then yeah I agree because Floyd would not even lose a round against the likes of Garcia. Still think Amir gets KO'd and I'd like to see May go out on that note.

Amir/Floyd is the fight that makes the most sense and in terms of a spectacle, I want that fight to happen because I want to be the only Pakistani who laughs at the crying Amir fanboys when he gets whooped. :)) However, the ONLY reason I'm a tad against this is because of the history point I mentioned in my previous post, and the fact that I still have a tiny hope that the Golovkin fight may materialize, so it ends the debate of that Mayweather doesn't take up challenges.

The weight difference would be huge, mate. Golovkin is a beast at rehydrating and if you follow him you would know that come fight night Floyd would look like a midget next to him. Still, he has the best chance (realistically) to beat Floyd and I want to see that fight happen so Floyd can cement his legacy.

Ward v Golovkin, Golovkin vs Cotto, Golovkin vs Canelo, Canelo vs Cotto are all fights that I'm REALLY looking forward to. Not quite sold on Ward vs Froch but I'm sure you'll get me hyped up for that fight should it ever materialize. :)))

Last thing, I don't think the smarks have an issue with Khan facing Floyd anymore at all. They know that Garcia has no chance, Brook is a no-name and Floyd would run rings around Thurman - which leaves Khan as the only intriguing match-up because he has speed and they can milk that whole "Floyd has never seen such speed before" angle for the fight. The only people who are actively rooting against this fight are the ones who still have unrealistic hope that the Golovkin fight will materialize which I'm sure even you'd agree would be a much more intriguing contest.

I agree with each and every thing you said in this whole post except for the last bit of course because I really don't rate Amir's chances against Floyd but yes, in terms of what you're saying that there's no one out there near their weight-classes that has a better chance than Amir at beating Floyd, then yeah I agree because Floyd would not even lose a round against the likes of Garcia. Still think Amir gets KO'd and I'd like to see May go out on that note.

Amir/Floyd is the fight that makes the most sense and in terms of a spectacle, I want that fight to happen because I want to be the only Pakistani who laughs at the crying Amir fanboys when he gets whooped. :)) However, the ONLY reason I'm a tad against this is because of the history point I mentioned in my previous post, and the fact that I still have a tiny hope that the Golovkin fight may materialize, so it ends the debate of that Mayweather doesn't take up challenges.

The weight difference would be huge, mate. Golovkin is a beast at rehydrating and if you follow him you would know that come fight night Floyd would look like a midget next to him. Still, he has the best chance (realistically) to beat Floyd and I want to see that fight happen so Floyd can cement his legacy.

Ward v Golovkin, Golovkin vs Cotto, Golovkin vs Canelo, Canelo vs Cotto are all fights that I'm REALLY looking forward to. Not quite sold on Ward vs Froch but I'm sure you'll get me hyped up for that fight should it ever materialize. :)))

Last thing, I don't think the smarks have an issue with Khan facing Floyd anymore at all. They know that Garcia has no chance, Brook is a no-name and Floyd would run rings around Thurman - which leaves Khan as the only intriguing match-up because he has speed and they can milk that whole "Floyd has never seen such speed before" angle for the fight. The only people who are actively rooting against this fight are the ones who still have unrealistic hope that the Golovkin fight will materialize which I'm sure even you'd agree would be a much more intriguing contest.

Am not saying he would win but the speed may give him an issue, basically pretty much what you just said there in your final paragraph about Khan match up being most intriguing. I think if Oscar (who floyd is better than) can go 9 rounds with B-Hop at middleweight (outboxing him for 9 rounds), GGG would get outclassed; he'd gain a new found respect from me if he took the fight. Carl is the best super-middle weight in the world at the moment (given ward inactivity), would love to see andre take on this version of froch but it's been a while now and my interest has declined given froch's lack of urgency about boxing and how he's not keen on the rematch either, he's going to retire soon. He's a hillarious guy, all over social media, in the columns and in interviews he cusses Khan and then when Sky invite Khan to show he be like "Love you bro" :))) their feud has been more compelling then Brook/Khan only if they were in the same weight class lmao.

Cotto/GGG would be epic!!, allow Canelo he's going to job out soon don't get the hype with him. He got power and technical ability but doesn't move his feet at all, bit of a walking punch bag at times. I hope James beats him up; don't like his hair either, bit of a goofy sheamus tbh

Back