Boxing Thread

There are certainly advantages to reach but mate when you jump in a shower you are bound to get wet, same way when you step in the ring you are bound to get hit at some point; heck even floyd despite his genius defence got hit flush a couple of times by Manny and even in the past he has been hit quiet hard (see shane mosely fight) but his chin was able to hold up.

If either of those guys catch Khan he'll be in big trouble, he has heart but you can't grow a bigger chin am afraid. However when he does get caught I expect him to deal with the situation better under the advice of hunter he'll try and clinch etc instead of trade like an idiot after being hit. Also Khan no longer has Alex Ariza as his strength/conditioning coach, the guy who got him in the best shape of his life for the maidana fight and prepared him to take those shots in the fight which would have taken out most fighters but because of the focus on strong legs (they were very bulky for that fight) and other various conditioning measures they took Khan was able to survive in that fight. The conditioning had improved but not the chin; mind you when Khan has been taken out he has been caught flush with shots that would take out most fighters but his chin remains suspect and I saw Algerie who's not a legit welter wobble him with a right so just goes to show what the likes of Thurman, Brook or Gurrero would do.

So this is based on the much speculated suspect chin. You can't grow a bigger chin but you can strengthen your neck and leg muscles. Amir's rebounded after taking hits from much bigger punchers but he's never been able to devise a game plan to recover from that situation. With Virgil a mastermind on his side, I don't see that happening.

Part of the reason Alegrie caught Amir was because of the unknown factor and the fact he'd changed his boxing style from his last fight. There was a lot of unknown as Virgil pointed out postgame and Amir adjusted well.

You don't have that with these four and I think with Amir improving every match, Virgil on his side, they'd be able to devise multiple plans to counter these heavy punchers. Amir can obviously lose but making grand statements like his career's finished at the top level is ridiculous when he's never even fought one of them.

So this is based on the much speculated suspect chin. You can't grow a bigger chin but you can strengthen your neck and leg muscles. Amir's rebounded after taking hits from much bigger punchers but he's never been able to devise a game plan to recover from that situation. With Virgil a mastermind on his side, I don't see that happening.

Part of the reason Alegrie caught Amir was because of the unknown factor and the fact he'd changed his boxing style from his last fight. There was a lot of unknown as Virgil pointed out postgame and Amir adjusted well.

You don't have that with these four and I think with Amir improving every match, Virgil on his side, they'd be able to devise multiple plans to counter these heavy punchers. Amir can obviously lose but making grand statements like his career's finished at the top level is ridiculous when he's never even fought one of them.

Am one of his biggest fans as evident by this boxing thread but after that performance against Chris am very disheartened and I think its incredibly ridiculous and delusional of people to think he wouldn't be in trouble had the likes of Brook, Thurman or Gurrero landed those looping rights; the guy wobbled after getting hit by Algerie for gods sake. You can have the best devised game plan in the world but there are going to be times in a fight where you need to adjust and even with the best game plan you're still going to get hit; and if Brook, Thurman or Gurrero connect Khan will be in big trouble

You're right in strengthening ones neck and leg mucles but he no longer is able to enjoy the services of Alex Ariza who was the best at doing just that. If Amir "can lose" to those guys then his career is pretty much done at the top level, it's also why he is protected by Al Haymon in pursuit of that big payday against Floyd; his team realise another KO loss and it will be all over for him otherwise there is no reason for them to be avoiding the Brook fight which also happens to make the most financial sense for Amir.

Last edited:
I just love Khan haters.

lol @ the comment Khan is finished at top level and would struggle against Brook. Who the **** has brook fought? His opponents make him look good. Let's see brook fight a big puncher and see how long he lasts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just love Khan haters.

lol @ the comment Khan is finished at top level and would struggle against Brook. Who the **** has brook fought? His opponents make him look good. Let's see brook fight a big puncher and see how long he lasts!

Exactly. Ugly Kell Brook is an overrated ****.

I just love Khan haters.

Am not a Khan hater that would be shaykh, but you're defo a fanboy by the looks of it at least display a bit of sense when posting in this thread when no one made a comment about who has had the better career out of Khan and Brook.

Brook has fought bums no doubt beyond shawn porter and Khan has had the better career/resume but should the two fight Khan will be in trouble, he struggled against the feather fist of Diaz who sent him to the canvas and now Algerie who isn't a legit welter wobbled him in the 1st or 2nd round. Brook, Thurman and Gurrero have more power then the fighters Khan has fought in his last 5 fights and should he get in the ring with either he'll be in big trouble when the catch him flush.

No one is going to outbox Khan beyond Floyd, and if a fight with Khan lasts 12 rounds 9 times out of 10 he will win which is why he has not fought anyone with descent power in his pursuit for the big payday against Floyd Mayweather.

Knocking bums out doesn't mean you got power.

Knocking bums out doesn't mean you got power.

Joshua has been fighting bums to; is it safe to say he doesn't have power either? He deserves criticism for his opponents Kell but he has power in his shots, that is visible given how strong he is and the way he puts his punches together; anyone that has stepped in a ring or pays close attention the sport can see that; it's also acknowledged by the likes of Carl Froch and Paul Malignagi unless you think you know better then them.

I shall respond when and if Kell Brook KO's someone credible.

I shall respond when and if Kell Brook KO's someone credible.

I look forward to it maybe it will be Khan if he ever decides to get in the ring with a puncher again, we'll also get to see how Khan is able to deal with such an opponent given that his previous 5 have been feather fisters.

Always wanted to see how Khan would respond to the unexpected in a fight and with his cornerman's help he adjusted really well which was great to see; he was wobbled a bit by a right hand I think at the start but after that he took the shots pretty well but that's not saying much given how Algerie Lacks power.

Based on that performance though the only top welter I see Khan beating is Timothy Bradley; Khan is an unpredictable fighter but I don't really know where he goes from here. Floyd will be licking his lips now though so this performance against Algerie may have been a blessing in disguise. Having said that, I don't see Khan beating Thurman, Gurrero or even Brook.

Sure he'll be more prepared in the future but an overhand right from Thurman, Brook, Gurrero or Mayweather will send him to the canvas. Mind you the likes of Thurman, Brook, Gurrero etc will follow up the looping right with a Left Hook which Chris wasn't able to do.

Khan is an entertaining fighter that I'll always watch no matter who his opponent is given that he is rarely in a dull fight and from that perspective really needs to be appreciated and in terms of what he has done for the sport in the UK; but at the top level his career is pretty much finished.

wow nice post! didnt expect to here this from you.

Algieri had height, reach and weight advantage over Khan. Khan hasn't really fought anyone bigger than him until he faced Algerie. of It;'s important to remember Chris fought the fight of his life, his best performance ever. Khan could not keep him at bay with his reach so had to use his footwork to evade Chris, which let him down early on. Chris was very direct, charging towards Amir and cutting off the ring. This was a new type of fight for Amir who usually is the bigger man, having previous problems with the over hand right but because of his reach he kept at a safe distance which he couldn't do in this fight.

It wasn't Amir's best performance either, he was switched off in the first couple of rounds even though he won them (imo). I think he will learn a lot from this fight and will probably never again fight a bigger opponent. Mid fight Khan worked out a way to tackle Algerie by beating him to the shot, his speed and timing was excellent and pretty much unmatched in his division.

I don't see any problems for Amir against Brook who is smaller in size and reach. Amir will out punch him in almost every round.

Of course he could get knocked out but the same goes for any boxer but I can't see Brook landing too many over hand rights or powerful shots which could do the damage.

if khan fight brook and boxes for 12 rounds then Khan will win the fight as hes the more skillful boxer, however we even seen in allgeri fight that virgil hunter screaming at amir to follow the game plan and listen to what he was saying, Amir very rarely follows orders for an entire fight and his brain still at times wants to engage in thrilling boxing and if he does that with brook he will get damaged and put on the floor, add to that the clear hatred for each other and i can see brook get under Khans skin and turning this into a brawl and when that happens brook wins.

if khan fight brook and boxes for 12 rounds then Khan will win the fight as hes the more skillful boxer, however we even seen in allgeri fight that virgil hunter screaming at amir to follow the game plan and listen to what he was saying, Amir very rarely follows orders for an entire fight and his brain still at times wants to engage in thrilling boxing and if he does that with brook he will get damaged and put on the floor, add to that the clear hatred for each other and i can see brook get under Khans skin and turning this into a brawl and when that happens brook wins.

I think he was following the correct gameplan but mid way Virgil wanted Khan to adjust given how Chris game out but he kept on the backfoot looking for counters that were not available before applying some pressure when Algerie got tired.

This is out of the ordinary but rarely will you see Amir being vocal about how disappointed he is about a performance during a fight and he also hinted at firing his trainer.........he's basically not happy with virgils methodology....This just goes back to what I had said earlier, Khan is done and he knows it to; there is no one that can help him and I do believe that it's probably better for him to fight on his own terms and what he feels is best but it's not wise in terms of how easily it can be to get under his skin and in such situations you need someone to give you an earful.

Here's the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-Algieri-vows-return-best-insisting-boss.html

"

Amir Khan will assert control over his own training camp following what he admits was a sub-par performance in his victory over Chris Algieri.
Khan arrives back in Bolton this Monday morning in the belief that he must revert to his former self in his next fight, especially if it is against world No 1 Floyd Mayweather.
There will be what he calls 'a tough day at the office' when he and his American trainer Virgil Hunter review how they prepared for Algieri and the issues he had to confront in the ring at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

Khan, dissatisfied with himself despite winning 117-111 on most cards including my own, will put those face-to-face talks on hold while Hunter guides his star pupil Andre Ward though his latest comeback – 'but then we need to sit down together.'
Rarely less than blisteringly honest, Khan says: 'I was flat in that ring and the first half of the fight was tougher for me than it should have been. I will ask Virgil his opinion as to why I did not have my usual speed, power, strength and snap.

'But in part I must become my own boss now. Virgil is a great trainer and he will be in my corner next time. But I know myself and my own body better than anyone and it is my take on it all which will decide where we go from here.
'I'm a very hard-working boxer but sometimes you can over-train. I was in camp for 14 weeks and sparred over 160 rounds, many of them in 12-round championship sessions.
'I left too much in the gym.'
Khan is also questioning whether some of the intense technical detail of the work with Hunter is inhibiting his natural talent - that lightning speed, brilliant movement and attacking instinct.
He says: 'I need to go back to being the old Amir Khan. All my career I've trusted my trainers and I've done everything the way they ask. But it's time to remember that it was my free flowing ability which got me to two world titles and now to the brink of a super-fight with Mayweather.'
Hunter had remarked after Friday night's performance that to have any chance of beating Mayweather, Khan would need to 'raise his level' as remarkably as James Buster Douglas did when he pulled off the greatest upset in ring history against Mike Tyson.
Khan seemed to agree when he said: 'I know that with our respective styles I can give Floyd problems – but it has to be by me fighting the way that comes naturally.

'Virgil has added things to my boxing and can continue to do so but basically I have to be myself. Virgil taught Andre Ward very well over many years but I am not the same fighter as Andre. What works for him doesn't necessarily work for me. I must make the most of my own talents.'
It is not unusual for a boxer to become the virtual boss of his own gym as he matures. Mayweather, for one prime example, works with his father on the pads but basically trains himself.
And our boy from Bolton is now a grown man of 29.
Khan confirms that his relationship with Hunter – who is widely respected within the community of the prize-ring - remains strong but he does have a history of changing trainers. Two years ago he left Manny Pacquiao's seven-time Trainer of the Year Freddie Roach to join Hunter.
One reason was a feeling that Roach's preference for going for knock-outs left Khan exposed to dangerous punches himself.
But once again, here, Khan has disproved the theory that he has a glass jaw. Algieri, transformed almost overnight by new trainer John David Jackson from a runaway against Pacquiao to a predator against Khan, landed some thudding right-hands on that British chin.

Khan took those shots and displayed his usual heart in weathering the storm of the first few rounds and then imposing himself through the second half of the fight.
But he did not deceive himself and even said: 'God works in many ways and maybe he gave me the performance I needed to convince Mayweather that not only does Amir Khan bring a lot of money to the box office but that he can beat me comfortably.'
He added: 'One thing is for sure. It's a good thing I boxed like this here and not in the mega-fight I hope is coming.'
Mayweather is looking for a September 12 opponent in Las Vegas for what he insists will be his last fight.
But whoever Khan fights later this year – be it Mr Money, Kell Brook who retained his world welterweight title with ease against Frankie Gavin on Saturday night to set up a possible Wembley spectacular, Adrien Broner or a re-match with either Danny Garcia or Lamont Peterson – get ready for a white-knuckle ride with the old Amir Khan you either love, or love to hate.

"

shaz,

I think Khan once again is using a trainer as an excuse for a average display, Hunter has improved khan imensily since he took him over and khan would be very foolish if he thinks he can do a better job training himself or finding a trainer out there who will improve him even more.

Can anyone answer me this who has kell brook dropped or hurt at elite level ?

I don't get this about brook has some amazing power, he's been fighting empty cans his whole career

People on here talk about amir khans chin, what about brooks chin, they guy got wobbled senchenko, we all know what happen against Carson jones in the first fight.
Brook gets too much praise because of a split decision win over porter

shaz,

I think Khan once again is using a trainer as an excuse for a average display, Hunter has improved khan imensily since he took him over and khan would be very foolish if he thinks he can do a better job training himself or finding a trainer out there who will improve him even more.

True, he needs to accept he's not good enough. Yes he won two world titles based on natural ability but that chin prevents him from ever competing at the elite level and no trainer can fix that unfortunately. The good news though is at-least he acknowledged it was a poor performance. I thought Virgil was giving him excellent advice in the corner; at the same time I wouldn't say he has improved imensily because he hasn't fought a puncher. Styles make fights and he looked like an elite against Alexander but someone like Algerie who won a world title at light welter caused him problems by just coming forward. Khan has not mastered the art of counter punching and Hunter will not be able to instil that skill which comes more naturally to the likes of Ward then Khan who is best suited to moving in and out; throwing fast combinations. The issue with this is that your prone to getting caught, Khan is not made to sit on the back foot looking to counter. Since the amateurs he has only known how to fight one way that's it, you can't teach an old dog new tricks am afraid.

I will say though that Khan's psyche has improved a little in that he doesn't go full retard when he gets caught flush under Hunter (goes for the clinch, doesn't try and trade), no other trainer was able to do that; teaching him to survive. He shouldn't have criticised him, he did say they may have over-trained him; but that's something you sort out with your training camp. You don't open your gob to the daily mail.

True, he needs to accept he's not good enough. Yes he won two world titles based on natural ability but that chin prevents him from ever competing at the elite level and no trainer can fix that unfortunately. The good news though is at-least he acknowledged it was a poor performance. I thought Virgil was giving him excellent advice in the corner; at the same time I wouldn't say he has improved imensily because he hasn't fought a puncher. Styles make fights and he looked like an elite against Alexander but someone like Algerie who won a world title at light welter caused him problems by just coming forward. Khan has not mastered the art of counter punching and Hunter will not be able to instil that skill which comes more naturally to the likes of Ward then Khan who is best suited to moving in and out; throwing fast combinations. The issue with this is that your prone to getting caught, Khan is not made to sit on the back foot looking to counter. Since the amateurs he has only known how to fight one way that's it, you can't teach an old dog new tricks am afraid.

I will say though that Khan's psyche has improved a little in that he doesn't go full retard when he gets caught flush under Hunter (goes for the clinch, doesn't try and trade), no other trainer was able to do that; teaching him to survive. He shouldn't have criticised him, he did say they may have over-trained him; but that's something you sort out with your training camp. You don't open your gob to the daily mail.
Agreed. Was really stupid from him to say in public. Not surprising though, he comes across as a bonehead anyway.

I still think you're jumping the gun on his chin, let him fight at least one of the mentioned three before judging.

Can anyone answer me this who has kell brook dropped or hurt at elite level ?

I don't get this about brook has some amazing power, he's been fighting empty cans his whole career

People on here talk about amir khans chin, what about brooks chin, they guy got wobbled senchenko, we all know what happen against Carson jones in the first fight.
Brook gets too much praise because of a split decision win over porter

Can you list me amir khans elite opponents please....maidana maybe anyone else? Garcia? Peterson? Molina?? Salita? Algerie? the dude whose name i forgot who knocked him down in sheffield..past it barrera?...serial bottle job judah? collazo? alexander who lost to porter who kell beat? Malinaggi who is probably a name but was hardly elite when he fought khan it was after Hatton had beat him for his 2nd comeback fight after floyd.

Which one of these or others i've forgot, are the elite fighters please...

as for Kell Brook its pretty obvious Eddie Hearn is milking him with these guaranteed win fights. Keeps promising step ups but never happens

as for Kell Brook its pretty obvious Eddie Hearn is milking him with these guaranteed win fights. Keeps promising step ups but never happens

the kid needs to go to America, ditch the uk otherwise he'll just be another brit only world champ..he needs to have a few big fights to convince me..

In amir khans 3rd defence he thought dangerous madaina, fact is brook has been spoon fed and will do until he is fighting khan

Brook is looking at rios next, the guy who had wars with alvarado who in turn smashed by the Russian protikov (spell) who got beaten by a 1 eyed Algeria who amir dealt with in a good fight

Ak thought zab judah who had just beaten mattyse, zab judah gave a garcia a very good fight almost stopped him at the end.
He got cheated against lamont Peterson a few occasions in that fight,

I would like to know who you guys consider to be "elite"? and who did Khan not fight (which ellites did he avoid) after winning the world title before he moved up to 147?

I would like to know who you guys consider to be "elite"? and who did Khan not fight (which ellites did he avoid) after winning the world title before he moved up to 147?

who knows? he fought just about everyone before he moved to welterweight. yeah he lost but the Peterson fight was a con and he got caught with a lucky punch against Garcia.. I truly hope his outburst to the mail was him just being disappointed with himself and he sticks with Virgil..He has to learn to win ugly too and Virgil can help him..We forget how long he's been fighting for now...

Kid needs two big fights before he should hang up his gloves...Let Brook and co stew..

who knows? he fought just about everyone before he moved to welterweight. yeah he lost but the Peterson fight was a con and he got caught with a lucky punch against Garcia.. I truly hope his outburst to the mail was him just being disappointed with himself and he sticks with Virgil..He has to learn to win ugly too and Virgil can help him..We forget how long he's been fighting for now...

Kid needs two big fights before he should hang up his gloves...Let Brook and co stew..

I was asking that question to those who were belittling his resume by saying he only fought maybe one "elite" and the rest were rubbish, just wanted to know who they consider to be elite and those who they think Khan should have fought before he moved up because as far as I know he fought the best in the div before moving up in fact when Khan fought Garcia it was the Ring belt.

You're right, I think he got two fights left; he's always wanted to retire early so makes sense chasing floyd for that one big final pay day. Virgil is good but I felt he did well within his strengths when Alex Ariza and Roach were looking out for him.

Clarifies the over training comment and the relationship between him and Virgil.

Names possible next opponents: Thurman, Broner, Bradley, Marquez, Pacquiao.

I was asking that question to those who were belittling his resume by saying he only fought maybe one "elite" and the rest were rubbish, just wanted to know who they consider to be elite and those who they think Khan should have fought before he moved up because as far as I know he fought the best in the div before moving up in fact when Khan fought Garcia it was the Ring belt.

You're right, I think he got two fights left; he's always wanted to retire early so makes sense chasing floyd for that one big final pay day. Virgil is good but I felt he did well within his strengths when Alex Ariza and Roach were looking out for him.

never said they were rubbish i asked the question...which of his opponents do you class as elite?

never said they were rubbish i asked the question...which of his opponents do you class as elite?

I answered that question with another question, before he moved up to 147 who do you consider to be elite? or which elites did he avoid? How many elites are there at light welter? or which top 5 - 10 fighters did Khan not face?

So you basically can't answer that question...

I'll give you my view once you've answered and please don't label me a khan hater.
If someone goes on about elite fighters i don't think there's anything wrong with asking whose an elite fighter out of his record.

So you basically can't answer that question...

I'll give you my view once you've answered and please don't label me a khan hater.
If someone goes on about elite fighters i don't think there's anything wrong with asking whose an elite fighter out of his record.

Who spoke of elite fighters etc can you quote me please? and I never called you a Khan hater either...am actually one of the most objective posters in this thread despite having certain favourites. I've answered your question with another question, which elite fighters did Khan avoid amongst the top 10 welters after he became world champ at welter? and whom do you consider to be elite? since your criticised his record

Last edited:
So according to Amir Khan, talks with Floyd's team have started and if there are no weird stipulations put forward, they'll announce the fight in the next two weeks.

Interdassttinngg.

Me likey.

:ksi

So according to Amir Khan, talks with Floyd's team have started and if there are no weird stipulations put forward, they'll announce the fight in the next two weeks.

Interdassttinngg.

Me likey.

:ksi

:))) would be hilarious if he low balled him again. Personally, I think the Marquez fight would be more appealing to floyd in terms of finances (big Mexican fan base etc building up Marquez as the guy that knocked out Manny); the Amir fight would apetise his taste buds given the prospect of ending his career with a big KO; the risk is low and the finances would not be so bad either in comparison to the Marquez fight.

However you can also see the likes of Floyd not going for Amir given his speed and footwork not that am saying Floyd would lose but that's just the way he thinks when he looks at fighters, the average performance against Algerie really helps Khan's case though. If Khan v Floyd does happen; Floyd will have to box on the front foot imo how willing will he be to make that adjustment, does he fancy himself countering a guy with such quick hands at this stage of his career providing Khan box's to the best of his ability? we could see a similar fight to Floyd/De La Hoya you never know.

Would be amazing if Amir Khan was the guy to end the 0 even if it's extremely unlikely

For all Amir's faults he is probably the best equipped to beat Mayweather which is why I don't think he will fight him and instead will take a relatively easier fight

Would be amazing if Amir Khan was the guy to end the 0 even if it's extremely unlikely

For all Amir's faults he is probably the best equipped to beat Mayweather which is why I don't think he will fight him and instead will take a relatively easier fight

From Floyd's perspective I can see reasons for him taking the fight and not taking it. Like you say stylistically it's a perfect fight For Amir and he has the tools to beat floyd (using them intelligently against a fighter of floyd's calibre different thing though) however given how Khan has questionable punch resistance Floyd could for once get a KO win.

my mistake the original poster i quoted was waseem84 who said kell had not fought at elite or hurt anyone elite. so i questioned who khan had fought he classed as elite. and at no point have i criticized his record.

The point i am making is kell hasnt fought at elite everyone knows that and he needs to soon. But i wanted to know who is elite from khans record. Not whose a top 10 and so forth....who is "elite" that people say kell must fight.

my mistake the original poster i quoted was waseem84 who said kell had not fought at elite or hurt anyone elite. so i questioned who khan had fought he classed as elite. and at no point have i criticized his record.

The point i am making is kell hasnt fought at elite everyone knows that and he needs to soon. But i wanted to know who is elite from khans record. Not whose a top 10 and so forth....who is "elite" that people say kell must fight.

The point am trying to get across is how many elites were their at welter after Khan won the world title? I don't think there were any, perhaps you can make a case for maidana but that version was before the big win over broner; we critique a fighter not only on how many fights he wins but quality of his opponents and at welter Khan fought the best in the division . There's a big difference between an elite fighter and an World Class fighter, forget Elites there are very few such fighters in the world today although at 147 the likes of JMM, Floyd and Manny would easily pass as Elites but Kell has not fought even one World Class boxer in his career beyond Porter and that's the main criticism people have about his record.

We can't really compare and contrast records based on who fought an elite because there are very few in the division or barely any, but we critique ones record based on whether or not they face the best in their respective division.

What is an elite fighter in your eyes ?

The elite names that are currently in the boxing world are easily recognizable by both the hardcore and casual fans. Names such as Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, JMM etc

An elite boxer is more than just a fighter who displays amazing skill and can bring exciting fights, although that is a key part of the equation.

Elite boxers are defined by who they fight and how they handle top-ranked competition on a consistent basis. The only way to become an elite boxer is to defeat elite fighters in marquee fights, admittedly there have been divisions where there has been a little lack in quality but you have certain fighters of Wladmirs Calibre that just blow everyone away such boxers can be deemed elites.

That's the same way I would define elite aswell

Amir Khan thought zab judah who was at that time still considered elite as was maidan,

people can't really say that amir has not thought elite fighters or cherry picks, amir khan thought diaz who drew with porter who is brooks claim to fame as to being world class.

That's the same way I would define elite aswell

Amir Khan thought zab judah who was at that time still considered elite as was maidan,

people can't really say that amir has not thought elite fighters or cherry picks, amir khan thought diaz who drew with porter who is brooks claim to fame as to being world class.

Whether he fought elite's or not is all subjective depending on ones view but what no one can disagree with is the fact that at light welter Amir fought the best fighters in the division before losing to the Ring Magazine Champion in a fight which he should have won in a wide points victory. At 147 he's not done much though beyond the class win over Alexander, he's one or two marquee wins against top fighters in the welter division from cementing himself as an elite and top 10 P4P fighter in the world but after the performance against Algerie I believe that we've seen his best; I hope am wrong.

to be fair to him he handled algeri pretty well,

I think if doesn't get the mayweather fight you will see amir go after thurman ( I think is over rated ), jmm , packman

to be fair to him he handled algeri pretty well,

I think if doesn't get the mayweather fight you will see amir go after thurman ( I think is over rated ), jmm , packman

In the end he did as chris began to tire but his punches lacked snap and he kept getting caught. Khan himself has been very critical of his performance. Yeah he probably will face one of those guys...

I would like to see Amir Khan take on Manny Pacquiao. Speed vs Speed and Power.

I would like to see Amir Khan take on Manny Pacquiao. Speed vs Speed and Power.

Khan will get embarrassed by Pacquaio, with Money May he will get schooled for 12 rounds but at least stay off the canvas with Pacquaio Khan will go down faster than a Japanese bullet train.

People who are mentioning GGG name as someone Floyd should face are really reaching. Even though Floyd will find a way to win as he always does there is no reason for him to face a natural middleweight cause no matter what he does the haters will still find a way to knock him. Best thing to do for MoneyMay would be to take on a easy opponent like Khan (who's delusional fans believe can defeat Mayweather) get him out of the way than for the 50th fight do a rematch with Pacquaio it will sell no matter what and retire after whopping Manny's @ss for the second time with money in the bank.

People who are mentioning GGG name as someone Floyd should face are really reaching. Even though Floyd will find a way to win as he always does there is no reason for him to face a natural middleweight cause no matter what he does the haters will still find a way to knock him. Best thing to do for MoneyMay would be to take on a easy opponent like Khan (who's delusional fans believe can defeat Mayweather) get him out of the way than for the 50th fight do a rematch with Pacquaio it will sell no matter what and retire after whopping Manny's @ss for the second time with money in the bank.

I agree not everyone has the courage of a De La Hoya who stepped in the ring with the middleweight Hopkins all those years ago and too when apparently he didn't have the skill of a Floyd's calibre.

I agree not everyone has the courage of a De La Hoya who stepped in the ring with the middleweight Hopkins all those years ago and too when apparently he didn't have the skill of a Floyd's calibre.

You are reaching boi. MoneyMay is a living legend and easily the greatest boxer of this generation. The sooner you get that fact through your head the better it will be for your boxing IQ. MoneyMay will beat GGG the same way he has beaten 48 others before him, he has nothing else to prove, haters like you will not be satisfied until MoneyMay losses, even if he fights GGG and beats him next you will be asking him to step in the ring with Klitchko. Keep hating, as the saying goes "Floyd is the best, I must confess, to all the rest, there is no contest!"

Reports coming through that Floyd is deciding between Khan and Brook. It would be EPIC if MoneyMay chooses Brook over Khan. I would love to see Khan's and his fans reaction to that :)))

You are reaching boi. MoneyMay is a living legend and easily the greatest boxer of this generation. The sooner you get that fact through your head the better it will be for your boxing IQ. MoneyMay will beat GGG the same way he has beaten 48 others before him, he has nothing else to prove, haters like you will not be satisfied until MoneyMay losses, even if he fights GGG and beats him next you will be asking him to step in the ring with Klitchko. Keep hating, as the saying goes "Floyd is the best, I must confess, to all the rest, there is no contest!"

"Ahh haters gonna hate" blind backside licking cheer-leading as if your floyd's bf :))) your post is full of it nothing more and congrats you just derailed this thread with your glorious boxing IQ, please if you want to lick floyd's backside instead of countering the points made and have an objective discussion go open a kiss floyd's backside thread because that's what you're good for boi, your lips are surgically attached to his behind

Easy win for cotto against Geale on saturday. He came out and said he wants canelo and then GGG, both fights would be worth watching.

Reports coming through that Floyd is deciding between Khan and Brook. It would be EPIC if MoneyMay chooses Brook over Khan. I would love to see Khan's and his fans reaction to that :)))

lol, yeah brook the easier fight at the end of the day..Floyds just teasing since no one in the US knows who Brook is..

Whether he fought elite's or not is all subjective depending on ones view but what no one can disagree with is the fact that at light welter Amir fought the best fighters in the division before losing to the Ring Magazine Champion in a fight which he should have won in a wide points victory. At 147 he's not done much though beyond the class win over Alexander, he's one or two marquee wins against top fighters in the welter division from cementing himself as an elite and top 10 P4P fighter in the world but after the performance against Algerie I believe that we've seen his best; I hope am wrong.

you may be right but I think if he doesn't get Floyd he needs to go for Thurman and co. Nothing to lose, just take em on and give himself a shot at ending his career on a high..I think amir just needs to fight within his limitations, he has gotten smarter and more strategic in his fights, and he hasn't really ducked anyone unless your a nobody like Brook. Should have perhaps fought porter and got a belt..

you may be right but I think if he doesn't get Floyd he needs to go for Thurman and co. Nothing to lose, just take em on and give himself a shot at ending his career on a high..I think amir just needs to fight within his limitations, he has gotten smarter and more strategic in his fights, and he hasn't really ducked anyone unless your a nobody like Brook. Should have perhaps fought porter and got a belt..

His next opponent ought to be someone decent but with Al-Haymon as his promoter I wouldn't bet on it.

I actually hope FMJ chooses to fight thurman rather then brook or khan.

The possibility of Brook has increased according to some because apparently Floyd is interested in unifying the belts...hes told the WBO hes not sure he wants to relinquish the title...

Might surprise some but I hope he picks Khan...just because Khan fans will forever speak about how FMJ ducked Amir if this fight doesnt happen...

Khan hasn't earned this fight at all but hes spoken about it long enough so might as well take the bait...hes kinda what Shannon Briggs is to Wladimir ;) ...

I love Froch...guy is a warrior...his schedule has been insane...and I would fly back to England to see him fight GGG...

Cotto is an absolute disgrace and I hope Canelo batters him...Canelo has had questionable decisions but he fights the tough fights...i reckon he fights GGG if that opportunity arises...

Floyd V GGG is a silly convo to be having frankly...everyone who is anyone wants a payday with Floyd...fact is GGG would take the fight if given it V Floyd but he would struggle to make weight...guy is big and is getting bigger...

GGG is a middleweight and Floyd is a welterweight...GGG came in at 172lbs against Martin Murray...Floyd is a small welterweight...his walking weight is around welterweight...so in real terms GGG is around 25lbs bigger than FMJ...hence the discussions about the likes of Froch...

I don't see GGG at 154 again so discussions of who wins out of these two is redundant...

Khan has the better resume compared to all the fighters on the short list to face Floyd at the moment so he deserves it based on that. If Oscar De La Hoya can get in the ring with Hopkins at Middleweight why can't floyd step in the ring with GGG who has said he'd be willing to come down, fact is Floyd is a cherry picking chicken who for all his skill doesn't have a pair.

Khan has the better resume compared to all the fighters on the short list to face Floyd at the moment so he deserves it based on that. If Oscar De La Hoya can get in the ring with Hopkins at Middleweight why can't floyd step in the ring with GGG who has said he'd be willing to come down, fact is Floyd is a cherry picking chicken who for all his skill doesn't have a pair.

Lol your bias is shining through...only people with a vehement dislike for Floyd are playing this game...im sure you have gathered that i am a big GGG fan but one has to ask why you arent attacking the middleweight for calling out a welterweight...ive seen ppl do fantasy matches of Kovalev V GGG before...and people rightly say Kovalev is too big...if Kovalev called out GGG and GGG says no then would you call it a duck?...

Its a nonsense position to take...weight divisions exist for a reason...and GGG weighed in at 172lbs for his last fight...would he beat Floyd...yes he would...is it worthy of a discussion...no...Floyds walking weight is welterweight...as for GGG being willing to come down...hes speaking...and if the fight were to happen he likely would come down...but i guarantee you hes more drained than Geale...

Its funny you mention Oscar...he was a rubbish middleweight...lost to both Hopkins and also Sturm...he took the fights but was his fight with Hopkins an even contest?...hell no...Hopkins was a legitimate middleweight...

Lol your bias is shining through...only people with a vehement dislike for Floyd are playing this game...im sure you have gathered that i am a big GGG fan but one has to ask why you arent attacking the middleweight for calling out a welterweight...ive seen ppl do fantasy matches of Kovalev V GGG before...and people rightly say Kovalev is too big...if Kovalev called out GGG and GGG says no then would you call it a duck?...

Its a nonsense position to take...weight divisions exist for a reason...and GGG weighed in at 172lbs for his last fight...would he beat Floyd...yes he would...is it worthy of a discussion...no...Floyds walking weight is welterweight...as for GGG being willing to come down...hes speaking...and if the fight were to happen he likely would come down...but i guarantee you hes more drained than Geale...

Its funny you mention Oscar...he was a rubbish middleweight...lost to both Hopkins and also Sturm...he took the fights but was his fight with Hopkins an even contest?...hell no...Hopkins was a legitimate middleweight...

I've been in appreciation for his skill actually and unlike you am more objective when it comes to my judgement of fighters. I dislike him for his antics outside the squared circle no doubt but he is a defensive maestero that has not fulfilled his true potential despite being undefeated imo never mind the boring nature of his fights. Everyone wants a crack at Floyd for the big pay day why do you want me to criticise that? Also I've not said anywhere in this thread that Floyd would be ducking GGG because we can't justify that given the difference is weight it's a very good excuse for once actually....but the criticism is there because he could beat GGG yet he won't be taking on such a challenge which is so typical of him; after the awful fight which did little for his legacy against Manny this could be the perfect chance for him to redeem himself. And it is funny that I mention Oscar, why? because he has more courage? everything else is irrelevant, he stepped in the ring with an ATG with all the odds in the world stacked against him yet at the time of his stoppage one of the judges had him ahead. It will be insane if you disagree with me on this but you can't honestly tell me that GGG would be the odds on favourite going into a bout with Mayweather

Last edited:
Like I said before mayweather is the most boring fighter of his generation that will be defined by his awful performance in the so called "Fight of the Century", he has great skill and amongst the best of his generation but there has to be something wrong with you if you believe he's the greatest. Legacy's are defined by how people remember you in marquee fights and how you capture the imagination of the public through your performances; Floyd will be remembered for his superior skill in defence and art of cherry picking; that's about it. Self proclaimed Purists will big him up as the second coming of Ali but the truth is he doesn't break into the top 20 P4P fighters of all time.

It's just so funny how his fanboys get all defensive as far as his choice of opponents are concerned.

I've been in appreciation for his skill actually and unlike you am more objective when it comes to my judgement of fighters. I dislike him for his antics outside the squared circle no doubt but he is a defensive maestero that has not fulfilled his true potential despite being undefeated imo never mind the boring nature of his fights. Everyone wants a crack at Floyd for the big pay day why do you want me to criticise that? Also I've not said anywhere in this thread that Floyd would be ducking GGG because we can't justify that given the difference is weight it's a very good excuse for once actually....but the criticism is there because he could beat GGG yet he won't be taking on such a challenge which is so typical of him; after the awful fight which did little for his legacy against Manny this could be the perfect chance for him to redeem himself. And it is funny that I mention Oscar, why? because he has more courage? everything else is irrelevant, he stepped in the ring with an ATG with all the odds in the world stacked against him yet at the time of his stoppage one of the judges had him ahead. It will be insane if you disagree with me on this but you can't honestly tell me that GGG would be the odds on favourite going into a bout with Mayweather

Would GGG be odds on favourite going into a bout with Mayweather?...what weight are we talking?...fact is I think Floyd wins the fight at 154...reason being GGG can't make 154 anymore...im sure he would for a huge payday might like Geale did on Saturday but it wouldn't be good for him...and Floyd isn't going past 154 and its ridiculous to expect him to do so...hes a small welterweight...GGG is a big middleweight who is likely on the way to 168...hes 33 also...going down in weight is that much harder...

And again GGG is big...he weighed in at 172lb for his last fight...you know Floyd weighed 151 after he rehydrated against Cotto...

Pacquiao has said straight that he won't fight at 154 and no one is cussing him for that...i certainly am not...hes tiny at the weight...

If you have noticed GGG wants to fight Cotto at 160 too...I like GGG but hes being made out to be some warrior when hes calling out guys his own weight or smaller...what super middleweights has he pursued?...did he go up for Ward?...hell no...

And I guess this is where the question of what weight is relevant...cos the reaction is predictable...

Floyd a 147lber...GGG a 160lber...meet at 154...Floyd wins easily...reaction...GGG was drained...Floyd was too chicken to go upto 160 :) ...

Like I said before mayweather is the most boring fighter of his generation that will be defined by his awful performance in the so called "Fight of the Century", he has great skill and amongst the best of his generation but there has to be something wrong with you if you believe he's the greatest. Legacy's are defined by how people remember you in marquee fights and how you capture the imagination of the public through your performances; Floyd will be remembered for his superior skill in defence and art of cherry picking; that's about it. Self proclaimed Purists will big him up as the second coming of Ali but the truth is he doesn't break into the top 20 P4P fighters of all time.

It's just so funny how his fanboys get all defensive as far as his choice of opponents are concerned.

Lol you need to ask who he should have fought instead?...fact is whoever he fights he gets slated...now hes a ***** cos hes not fighting GGG :) ...

Hes getting cussed for the Pacquiao fight when it was Pacquaio who pulled off a typical Filipino Donairesque ***** performance...Maidana came to fight and presto made the fight exciting...

Plenty of exciting Floyd fights actually...im happy to list them too...is he Gatti...course not...but it takes two fighters to make a good fight...and Pacquaio allowed Floyd to cruise to a UD...

Lol you need to ask who he should have fought instead?...fact is whoever he fights he gets slated...now hes a ***** cos hes not fighting GGG :) ...

Hes getting cussed for the Pacquiao fight when it was Pacquaio who pulled off a typical Filipino Donairesque ***** performance...Maidana came to fight and presto made the fight exciting...

Plenty of exciting Floyd fights actually...im happy to list them too...is he Gatti...course not...but it takes two fighters to make a good fight...and Pacquaio allowed Floyd to cruise to a UD...

Am not slating him for not facing GGG because I know the reasons are not justified with the weight and all but honestly it's extremely disappointing when you look the skill he possesses.

As he gained more experienced became hell bent on sitting on the back foot and winning fights with his jab against pressure fighters that couldn't catch him and before they could let their arms go he'd hold them. I understand if the absolute hardcore fans get an erection from that but the intelligent ones would at least acknowledge it's not exactly must see action and in the long run does more damage to the sport of boxing then anything else. Whether you like it or not fighters are remembered by their performances in marquee fights; you have your Ali v Fraziers, Ali v Foremans, Hearns v Hagler etc and Floyd will be remembered by his one dimensional performance against Manny, even after being way ahead in the fight, taken a couple of shots from Manny he refused to put on a show or win the fight with in style. I don't really know what you're blaming Manny for it's not his fault floyd ran, the shoulder issue and 5 years past his prime.

Would GGG be odds on favourite going into a bout with Mayweather?...what weight are we talking?...fact is I think Floyd wins the fight at 154...reason being GGG can't make 154 anymore...im sure he would for a huge payday might like Geale did on Saturday but it wouldn't be good for him...and Floyd isn't going past 154 and its ridiculous to expect him to do so...hes a small welterweight...GGG is a big middleweight who is likely on the way to 168...hes 33 also...going down in weight is that much harder...

And again GGG is big...he weighed in at 172lb for his last fight...you know Floyd weighed 151 after he rehydrated against Cotto...

Pacquiao has said straight that he won't fight at 154 and no one is cussing him for that...i certainly am not...hes tiny at the weight...

If you have noticed GGG wants to fight Cotto at 160 too...I like GGG but hes being made out to be some warrior when hes calling out guys his own weight or smaller...what super middleweights has he pursued?...did he go up for Ward?...hell no...

And I guess this is where the question of what weight is relevant...cos the reaction is predictable...

Floyd a 147lber...GGG a 160lber...meet at 154...Floyd wins easily...reaction...GGG was drained...Floyd was too chicken to go upto 160 :) ...

Exactly.

And GGG may move up to face Froch btw

Exactly.

And GGG may move up to face Froch btw

Lol i hope you're trolling with this...Golovkin is going up in weight...wanna give him a medal?...

Do tell me Shaz how many times GGG has gone down to 154 in his career...ill give you a clue...its less than 1...his fight night weights have been increasing fight by fight and hes moving up in weight...something pretty much all fighters do eventually...hes needing to move to 168 cos hes big yet you still think Floyd should jump up to 160 and fight him :) ...

Of course youre getting all excited over Golovkin going up a weight division naturally whilst expecting Floyd a small welter to jump up two weight divisions...honestly can't make this rubbish up...

Of course no credit for beating a much bigger Saul Alvarez...no light middleweight...he only came in at 151 against Cotto ffs...its commendable he went up a weight he clearly doesnt belong in...the same for Pac...there is nothing impressive about GGG going up a weight naturally...guy started at super featherweight...GGG has always been a middleweight...

Lets give you a scenario...Kovalev V Golovkin...if Kovalev calls out Golovkin and Golovkin declines shall we call him a coward?...lol of course not...what if they agree to super middleweight?...good enough?...or is Golovkin only a man if he steps up and beats Kovalev at light heavy?...you see ludicrous your position is?...

Just as a further thing which i forgot to mention...you do realise DLH fought Hopkins at a catchweight of 158lbs?...to make it easier for himself...yet you're bigging up the guy like he did something special...he was pretty much a light middleweight that night...as was BHop...he still looked poor at the weight yet you think thats amazing and courageous but Floyd doing exactly the same thing and beating Alvarez is cherry picking?...

Also please show me DLH's two division jump within two fights...

Lol i hope you're trolling with this...Golovkin is going up in weight...wanna give him a medal?...

Do tell me Shaz how many times GGG has gone down to 154 in his career...ill give you a clue...its less than 1...his fight night weights have been increasing fight by fight and hes moving up in weight...something pretty much all fighters do eventually...hes needing to move to 168 cos hes big yet you still think Floyd should jump up to 160 and fight him :) ...

Of course youre getting all excited over Golovkin going up a weight division naturally whilst expecting Floyd a small welter to jump up two weight divisions...honestly can't make this rubbish up...

Of course no credit for beating a much bigger Saul Alvarez...no light middleweight...he only came in at 151 against Cotto ffs...its commendable he went up a weight he clearly doesnt belong in...the same for Pac...there is nothing impressive about GGG going up a weight naturally...guy started at super featherweight...GGG has always been a middleweight...

Lets give you a scenario...Kovalev V Golovkin...if Kovalev calls out Golovkin and Golovkin declines shall we call him a coward?...lol of course not...what if they agree to super middleweight?...good enough?...or is Golovkin only a man if he steps up and beats Kovalev at light heavy?...you see ludicrous your position is?...

Just as a further thing which i forgot to mention...you do realise DLH fought Hopkins at a catchweight of 158lbs?...to make it easier for himself...yet you're bigging up the guy like he did something special...he was pretty much a light middleweight that night...as was BHop...he still looked poor at the weight yet you think thats amazing and courageous but Floyd doing exactly the same thing and beating Alvarez is cherry picking?...

Also please show me DLH's two division jump within two fights...

I said he's moving up, why are your knickers in a twist? It's going to be an absolute war if he ends up facing froch.

Why not? About time Floyd takes on a challenge for once in his life

The only one making up rubbish is you, why are you arguing with yourself have you lost your mind. Irrespective of what weight they fight Floyd would be the favourite and I doubt Floyd it would be a 2 class jump.

You just said that it's no biggy with fighters moving up yet emphasise how it's commendable that floyd went up in a weight he don't belong; on a level you make some fair points here and there but you are severely let down by fanboyism and bias which is so obvious.

You throw around all these hypothetical scenario's in a bid to try and justify Floyd's cowardice, we need to look at the situation at hand and rather then making bs which hasn't even happened.

See you're arguing with yourself again and go way off track whilst throwing words in my mouth, as usual. Can't your brain not go off at a tangent or is that just a thing you do to try and convince yourself that you are right?

It was a special performance he had no business being in the ring with a fighter that was so much heavier then him and btw who is Alvarez?

Another note, you're chest pumping about Mayweathers magnificence as far as his two div jump is concerned yet play down the prospect of a fight with GGG it's quite hypocritical, you contradict yourself and change your view based on what specific argument you need to strongly defend Floyd at all costs no matter what similar to how you were suggesting that Brook had a better record then Khan, you lose your mind when it comes to your favourite fighters.

I said he's moving up, why are your knickers in a twist? It's going to be an absolute war if he ends up facing froch.

Why not? About time Floyd takes on a challenge for once in his life

The only one making up rubbish is you, why are you arguing with yourself have you lost your mind. Irrespective of what weight they fight Floyd would be the favourite and I doubt Floyd it would be a 2 class jump.

You just said that it's no biggy with fighters moving up yet emphasise how it's commendable that floyd went up in a weight he don't belong; on a level you make some fair points here and there but you are severely let down by fanboyism and bias which is so obvious.

You throw around all these hypothetical scenario's in a bid to try and justify Floyd's cowardice, we need to look at the situation at hand and rather then making bs which hasn't even happened.

See you're arguing with yourself again and go way off track whilst throwing words in my mouth, as usual. Can't your brain not go off at a tangent or is that just a thing you do to try and convince yourself that you are right?

It was a special performance he had no business being in the ring with a fighter that was so much heavier then him and btw who is Alvarez?

Another note, you're chest pumping about Mayweathers magnificence as far as his two div jump is concerned yet play down the prospect of a fight with GGG it's quite hypocritical, you contradict yourself and change your view based on what specific argument you need to strongly defend Floyd at all costs no matter what similar to how you were suggesting that Brook had a better record then Khan, you lose your mind when it comes to your favourite fighters.

You said Oscar was a warrior for going up in weight...he did nothing special...he set a catchweight and lost...he fought Sturm at middleweight and was handed a gift...yet you expressed your admiration...

Floyd doesn't belong at a higher weight anymore than Oscar but the difference is he won at those weights anyway...he beat Cotto and he beat Alvarez...

I state Floyd moving up is commendable cos he isnt even a big welterweight yet he moved up to light middle and beat guys who are much bigger than him...

Floyd moving from light welter to welter was no biggie cos Floyd got bigger...fact is hes winning at weights he doesnt belong at now...

GGG is moving up naturally...hes big...and he won't be out of place at 168 like Floyd and Manny are at 154...so its no more impressive than Floyd moving from light welter to welter...

Floyd V Alvarez isnt comparable to GGG V Froch in terms of size differential...hence its not like for like...

As for being a fanboy...Im actually a huge GGG fan btw...but i'll call a spade a spade...Kovalev hasnt called him out but if he did then its no different from Floyds situation...you can't duck people two divisions above you...its nonsensical...

You said Oscar was a warrior for going up in weight...he did nothing special...he set a catchweight and lost...he fought Sturm at middleweight and was handed a gift...yet you expressed your admiration...

Floyd doesn't belong at a higher weight anymore than Oscar but the difference is he won at those weights anyway...he beat Cotto and he beat Alvarez...

I state Floyd moving up is commendable cos he isnt even a big welterweight yet he moved up to light middle and beat guys who are much bigger than him...

Floyd moving from light welter to welter was no biggie cos Floyd got bigger...fact is hes winning at weights he doesnt belong at now...

GGG is moving up naturally...hes big...and he won't be out of place at 168 like Floyd and Manny are at 154...so its no more impressive than Floyd moving from light welter to welter...

Floyd V Alvarez isnt comparable to GGG V Froch in terms of size differential...hence its not like for like...

As for being a fanboy...Im actually a huge GGG fan btw...but i'll call a spade a spade...Kovalev hasnt called him out but if he did then its no different from Floyds situation...you can't duck people two divisions above you...its nonsensical...

I was admired by Oscars bravery it's unfortunate that he lost but you'd expect that, Oscar isn't as talented as Floyd.

Am not really fond of Alvarez, Floyd's biggest win in recent times was the MD win against Maidana. The win over Cotto was impressive to.

Nope that's just you being biased because you just said it's no biggie moving up yet we have to emphasise Floyd's greatness

Am not even a big fan of GGG but you've assumed I am just because I criticised your lover boy Floyd I was merely excited about the prospect of him fighting froch, that's fanboyism exposed right there from your end.

GGG isn't a special fighter of Floyd's calibre though is he? and I've said before it would be highly unlikely that Floyd would move up in any capacity at best they'd fight at catchweight; something he wouldn't entertain anyway despite having the skills to beat him at any weight.

Floyd vs. GGG is an unrealistic fight. You can't really expect GGG to drain himself that much?

I was admired by Oscars bravery it's unfortunate that he lost but you'd expect that, Oscar isn't as talented as Floyd.

Am not really fond of Alvarez, Floyd's biggest win in recent times was the MD win against Maidana. The win over Cotto was impressive to.

Nope that's just you being biased because you just said it's no biggie moving up yet we have to emphasise Floyd's greatness

Am not even a big fan of GGG but you've assumed I am just because I criticised your lover boy Floyd I was merely excited about the prospect of him fighting froch, that's fanboyism exposed right there from your end.

GGG isn't a special fighter of Floyd's calibre though is he? and I've said before it would be highly unlikely that Floyd would move up in any capacity at best they'd fight at catchweight; something he wouldn't entertain anyway despite having the skills to beat him at any weight.

Actually I also commended Pacquaio for fighting in weights he clearly doesnt belong in...not just Floyd...even with the catchweight of 150 he dwarfed Margarito...he himself came in at 144 for a light middleweight fight...surely that tells you all you need to know...

Floyd came in against Cotto at 151...neither are light middleweights yet fought guys who were legitimate light middleweights and beat them...hell Floyd even negotiated to have Alvarez at 152...Floyd has never hit the light middleweight limit...its quite simply really...both him and Manny dont even walk at that weight...Floyd walks at 150...the likes of Ortiz walk at 170 for instance...

This is why what GGG is doing isnt that impressive...hes not gonna weight 164 and struggle to get upto 168 for his fight against Froch...he walks at a higher weight and he has rehydrated to a higher weight...168 is a lot easier for him than 154 is for Manny or Floyd...now ask Golovkin to make light heavy then youre actually placing him in Manny or Floyds shoes...

As for fighting Golovkin at a catchweight...lets be real now...hes moving upto 168...thats his natural physical progression...Floyd honestly can't win with fans...cos what catch weight would you accept?...154?...you were calling Floyd a ***** for not jumping to 160...so whatever Floyd does he loses...unless he does something ridiculous and goes to 160...

If Khan became champ I would never cuss him for not fighting a guy in higher weight classes...yet you wanna cuss Floyd for not fighting someone two weight classes above him...maybe three soon...

On the topic of Canelo btw...watch him obliterate Cotto when they fight...

On Oscars bravery...whats brave?...its the same as what Manny and Floyd did...the difference is you wanna call Oscar brave and call Floyd a coward...

Floyd vs. GGG is an unrealistic fight. You can't really expect GGG to drain himself that much?

He would though if the offer was there...its massive money...Martinez did the same thing saying he would fight at 147 if necessary...

They all want the big money fight at any cost...look at Geale on Saturday...absolute shambles...

Golovkin says he can cut to 154 and also says he can fight at 168 :) ...fact is he has never fought below 160 in his career...he would cut but only for Floyd...hes certainly not suggesting to Cotto that they meet at 154...cos he knows he'll be drained...and he has less to gain...

Floyd cant win over people unless he fights Golovkin at 160 which is a ludicrous suggestion considering hes the A-side...why is he gonna jump up two divisions for a challenger?...yet this is what is being asked of him...

Its like what i said...if Kovalev calls out GGG no-one would cuss GGG for declining...i would never dream of insulting a fighter for not jumping up two weight classes...yet seems when Floyd doesnt do it hes a coward...if he did jump to 160 and win...next we would be hearing about how hes ducking fighters at 168 and 175 ;) ...

Actually I also commended Pacquaio for fighting in weights he clearly doesnt belong in...not just Floyd...even with the catchweight of 150 he dwarfed Margarito...he himself came in at 144 for a light middleweight fight...surely that tells you all you need to know...

Floyd came in against Cotto at 151...neither are light middleweights yet fought guys who were legitimate light middleweights and beat them...hell Floyd even negotiated to have Alvarez at 152...Floyd has never hit the light middleweight limit...its quite simply really...both him and Manny dont even walk at that weight...Floyd walks at 150...the likes of Ortiz walk at 170 for instance...

This is why what GGG is doing isnt that impressive...hes not gonna weight 164 and struggle to get upto 168 for his fight against Froch...he walks at a higher weight and he has rehydrated to a higher weight...168 is a lot easier for him than 154 is for Manny or Floyd...now ask Golovkin to make light heavy then youre actually placing him in Manny or Floyds shoes...

As for fighting Golovkin at a catchweight...lets be real now...hes moving upto 168...thats his natural physical progression...Floyd honestly can't win with fans...cos what catch weight would you accept?...154?...you were calling Floyd a ***** for not jumping to 160...so whatever Floyd does he loses...unless he does something ridiculous and goes to 160...

If Khan became champ I would never cuss him for not fighting a guy in higher weight classes...yet you wanna cuss Floyd for not fighting someone two weight classes above him...maybe three soon...

On the topic of Canelo btw...watch him obliterate Cotto when they fight...

On Oscars bravery...whats brave?...its the same as what Manny and Floyd did...the difference is you wanna call Oscar brave and call Floyd a coward...

Waaah Waaaah Waaaah leave my Floyd alone, I wouldn't Khan blah blah :))) Does Khan have the skill of Floyd, can GGG box like Floyd? when it comes to dancing on the backfoot throwing jabs and running away in Vegas there is simply no one better then Floyd he's the greatest at what he does.

The thing is I don't think you truly appreciate Floyd as a fighter and the skill he posses's in defence; in the end why fight GGG when you can still get paid well fighting the less threatening Cotto. Floyd to me is capable of beating a Prime Manny, Mosely or a GGG irrespective of what weight it is yet he won't given the nature of his cherry picking which is justified from his perspective as a fighter and businessman.

And [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] you're still crying that we hurt your feelings for Floyd when no one has claimed he is ducking GGG when we've reiterated that his cowardice is justified this time round

And [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] you're still crying that we hurt your feelings for Floyd when no one has claimed he is ducking GGG when we've reiterated that his cowardice is justified this time round

Lol You have been thoroughly exposed as a blind hater. Your love for Khan has tinted your glasses to the point that you can't find objectivity even when you try.

Back