Boxing Thread

Good win for canelo was a brutal knock out, cotto is likely to be next and that would be a war.

A true pick 'em fight that one! :))

:)))

I am genuinely interested though given that Frankie is one of our hometown heroes but he just doesn't have a chance, has a long way to go before he can step up to the world level I think this shot has come to early for the former world amateur champion. He'll do well to last 12 rounds, he's a tough fighter; here's hoping Gavin lands the fist of God.

There's also Mitchell v Linares, that's going to be a cracking fight!

The night before we have Khan v Algirie but I prob will not watch that plus it will start at 3-4am in the UK.

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] which form of Dancing or Style would you say aids footwork in Boxing

[MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] which form of Dancing or Style would you say aids footwork in Boxing

Samba. Best form of distraction. Even if your opponent isn't interested in that kind of thing, he would be taken aback for a bit thinking what the hell you're upto. :))

:)))

I am genuinely interested though given that Frankie is one of our hometown heroes but he just doesn't have a chance, has a long way to go before he can step up to the world level I think this shot has come to early for the former world amateur champion. He'll do well to last 12 rounds, he's a tough fighter; here's hoping Gavin lands the fist of God.

There's also Mitchell v Linares, that's going to be a cracking fight!

The night before we have Khan v Algirie but I prob will not watch that plus it will start at 3-4am in the UK.

I'm not a fan of Brook so I'll definitely be rooting for your homeboy. I give him even less of a chance I'm giving Willie against GGG. How do you expect Golovkin to go against Willie? Do you think Willie will manage to avoid the knockout? The fight's this weekend.

I'm already fearing the backlash of Algieri/Khan. Pakistani fanboys will go absolutely berserk with joy when they see Algieri get blanked by Amir. Will be unbearable. You know, about 2 years ago, I was a massive fan of Amir, but have lost the love I had for him thanks to his fans.

Samba. Best form of distraction. Even if your opponent isn't interested in that kind of thing, he would be taken aback for a bit thinking what the hell you're upto. :))

I'm not a fan of Brook so I'll definitely be rooting for your homeboy. I give him even less of a chance I'm giving Willie against GGG. How do you expect Golovkin to go against Willie? Do you think Willie will manage to avoid the knockout? The fight's this weekend.

I'm already fearing the backlash of Algieri/Khan. Pakistani fanboys will go absolutely berserk with joy when they see Algieri get blanked by Amir. Will be unbearable. You know, about 2 years ago, I was a massive fan of Amir, but have lost the love I had for him thanks to his fans.

Amir Khan is the best at the samba dance :))) Nah was thinking of starting boxing again in the new academic year from November, am quiet flat footed so was thinking if I return should look to improve my footwork and maybe taking dance classes will help with coordination etc Also want to improve my speed, power and fitness overall. My local boxing gym been demolished though :/ it's sad but the good news it's being replaced by a cricket pitch; the warwickshire/birmingham bears cricket board have invested in it for the youth teams and who knows maybe we'll see an international game there one day; it use to be the old mitchel and butlers ground.

I expect GGG to knock that willie guy out but i don't know much about him or what his chin is like. In the UK majority of people dislike Khan, the ones who pay to see him only do to see him get knocked out. I've always been a fan of his and my liking to him elevated by the abject hatred the bigots in the UK have for him and how they scrutinize his personal life etc. He deserves a bit of respect for winning an olympic medal for his country and inspiring a generation of olympic boxing medalist whilst promoting the sport in the UK in process and his pro-career has been descent but no the dislike for him here is insane. In Pak they'll jump on the bandwaggon no matter who you are, they're going to be repping you out of pride; just look at the boom boom fans for example. Anyways i have nothing against the pak support for him, he deserves it for his hard work and evenmore so when he gets no love from his own fans. It's a bit like floyd, he's more appreciated beyond America. You know if Floyd v Khan happened at wembley? Money would be the baby face 99% of the fans would be cheering for him.

Amir Khan is the best at the samba dance :))) Nah was thinking of starting boxing again in the new academic year from November, am quiet flat footed so was thinking if I return should look to improve my footwork and maybe taking dance classes will help with coordination etc Also want to improve my speed, power and fitness overall. My local boxing gym been demolished though :/ it's sad but the good news it's being replaced by a cricket pitch; the warwickshire/birmingham bears cricket board have invested in it for the youth teams and who knows maybe we'll see an international game there one day; it use to be the old mitchel and butlers ground.

So are you going to take up boxing or cricket?

Am I the only one who was not impressed with Golovkin's performance? Meh. Canelo beats him.

I expect GGG to knock that willie guy out but i don't know much about him or what his chin is like. In the UK majority of people dislike Khan, the ones who pay to see him only do to see him get knocked out. I've always been a fan of his and my liking to him elevated by the abject hatred the bigots in the UK have for him and how they scrutinize his personal life etc. He deserves a bit of respect for winning an olympic medal for his country and inspiring a generation of olympic boxing medalist whilst promoting the sport in the UK in process and his pro-career has been descent but no the dislike for him here is insane. In Pak they'll jump on the bandwaggon no matter who you are, they're going to be repping you out of pride; just look at the boom boom fans for example. Anyways i have nothing against the pak support for him, he deserves it for his hard work and evenmore so when he gets no love from his own fans. It's a bit like floyd, he's more appreciated beyond America. You know if Floyd v Khan happened at wembley? Money would be the baby face 99% of the fans would be cheering for him.

Really? I thought alot of people do support Amir Khan, they may not rate him but they'd support him in his fights, well at least in London?

So are you going to take up boxing or cricket?

Am I the only one who was not impressed with Golovkin's performance? Meh. Canelo beats him.

Boxing; going to try and get into my uni team. But I haven't trained for 4 years :))) I was making a bit of progress when I had joined my old boxin gym but yeah it won't be easy getting into shape.

I've not watched the fight, but I read he knocked the guy out. I want to see GGG v Cotto next

Really? I thought alot of people do support Amir Khan, they may not rate him but they'd support him in his fights, well at least in London?

It was one of the main reasons he moved to the USA; because of all the negativity in the UK. He has his fans but majority of them dislike him, either way he remains a household name in his homeland and a popular fighter irrespective of the people who like or dislike him.

It was one of the main reasons he moved to the USA; because of all the negativity in the UK. He has his fans but majority of them dislike him, either way he remains a household name in his homeland and a popular fighter irrespective of the people who like or dislike him.

Ohh thanks, i never knew that. You'd think a guy who won an Olympic medal for the country would get at least abit more respect, but yh agree he's still is a household. 'More people in the US have heard of Amir Khan than people in Britain have heard of Kell Brook' :))

Canelo has always had stamina problems and he would get knock out by GGG late in a fight between the two. Canelos performance against Lara and Trout werent exactly inspiring!

Hopefully GGG will get either cotto or Canelo next but i dont either has the balls to get in the ring with him, Seems like none of the other top middle weight contenders are intent on showing any courage to get in the ring with this beast.

Canelo has always had stamina problems and he would get knock out by GGG late in a fight between the two. Canelos performance against Lara and Trout werent exactly inspiring!

Hopefully GGG will get either cotto or Canelo next but i dont either has the balls to get in the ring with him, Seems like none of the other top middle weight contenders are intent on showing any courage to get in the ring with this beast.

Agree with both these posts. Canelo is so overhyped by the fanboys, dude couldn't even beat Lara. Don't expect him to get in the ring with GGG, Cotto is more likely.

Cotto has been the one who has turned his back on GGG like he doesn't even exist, while Canelo has openly said he'd like GGG for his next fight. The fight will happen, then we'll see who's the real deal.

Cotto has been the one who has turned his back on GGG like he doesn't even exist, while Canelo has openly said he'd like GGG for his next fight. The fight will happen, then we'll see who's the real deal.

He's avoiding Lara after getting destroyed by him and exposed, they don't want the rematch because he knows he will lose again. Canelo is overrated and as far as his pursuit of GGG is concerned he said "Maybe in the future", maybe am looking too much into it but that didn't sound emphatic.

He's avoiding Lara after getting destroyed by him and exposed, they don't want the rematch because he knows he will lose again. Canelo is overrated and as far as his pursuit of GGG is concerned he said "Maybe in the future", maybe am looking too much into it but that didn't sound emphatic.

You keep bringing up the Lara fight like it was an emphatic victory for Lara when in actuality it was an EXTREMELY close fight that probably should've been a draw, certainly not an easy victory for Lara like you're making it out to be. Fact still remains that Canelo beat Lara on the scorecards and has only been defeated by Money.

So let's not act like everybody thought Lara won against Canelo, and the fight was a robbery. Media opinion was largely split.

34 scored it for Canelo
30 scored it for Lara
25 scored it a draw

Canelo knew Lara is an unnecessarily risky fight when he has potentially bigger fights just around the corner (Cotto/GGG). I'm confident that he will fight Golovkin next and if that fight falls through, he'll take the Lara rematch as Cotto is currently occupied.

Canelo/GGG is a fight that I'm extremely looking forward to. It won't be lopsided for either fighter. They're very closely matched and Canelo will come in well-conditioned for the fight even though GGG will be the stronger man come fight night. The account of their sparring session from 2 years ago just makes me all the more hyped up for this fight.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/...z-golovkin-worth-driving-up-a-mountain-to-see

You keep bringing up the Lara fight like it was an emphatic victory for Lara when in actuality it was an EXTREMELY close fight that probably should've been a draw, certainly not an easy victory for Lara like you're making it out to be. Fact still remains that Canelo beat Lara on the scorecards and has only been defeated by Money.

So let's not act like everybody thought Lara won against Canelo, and the fight was a robbery. Media opinion was largely split.

34 scored it for Canelo
30 scored it for Lara
25 scored it a draw

Canelo knew Lara is an unnecessarily risky fight when he has potentially bigger fights just around the corner (Cotto/GGG). I'm confident that he will fight Golovkin next and if that fight falls through, he'll take the Lara rematch as Cotto is currently occupied.

I had Lara winning by SD, the final scorecards from the judges don't tell the whole story so we can't use that card or else day light robberies would be celebrated not that am claiming this was one of those decisions. And it doesn't really matter how emphatic the margins in the fight were but what I don't get is all the hype with Canelo when he couldn't even beat Lara. A rematch would have been more viable then a fight against Kirkland and the hype was there already for another fight against lara given how there were questions marks over the SD victory.

Canelo/GGG is a fight that I'm extremely looking forward to. It won't be lopsided for either fighter. They're very closely matched and Canelo will come in well-conditioned for the fight even though GGG will be the stronger man come fight night. The account of their sparring session from 2 years ago just makes me all the more hyped up for this fight.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/...z-golovkin-worth-driving-up-a-mountain-to-see

Am more hyped for Cotto/GGG, it's going to be a war.

Cotto wants no part of Golovkin, not unless it's unavoidable and the only way that will happen is if GGG beats Canelo.

I've read reports that Cotto and Canelo are interested in fighting each other by the end of the year

[MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION]

http://411mania.com/wrestling/steve-austin-doing-monthly-interview-series-on-wwe-network/

Stone Cold has signed up to do monthly face to face interviews with various legends from the pro-wrestling world including the likes of Hogan, Sting and....UNDERTAKER! my god that's going to be mouth-watering, don't remember the last time Taker did a non-kayfabe interview. At the end of this month though, Austin will be sitting down with Paul heyman; they did like a year ago on Austins podcast and it was a great interview.

Jerichoes have been kinda boring, i think he's limited by what the establishment want him to ask. The good thing though, is that there has been a big demand for Austin to return and he won't hold back no matter what; it will be great for the Network am sure this will get people subscribing. Also, Austin is just so passionate and knowledgeable about the product it's unbelievable; it really comes across when he's interviewing someone.

So much for the dirt sheets saying there is heat between WWE and Austin :)))

wrong thread :))) [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] move the posts if possible

Canelo wont fight GGG until a year or 2 years time, Golden boy promotions dont want to fight GGG now as they know canelo will get smashed so they will wait until GGG is 2 years older and maybe past his peak.

De gale v Dirrell is a very difficukt fight to call but should be a good one to watch on saturday.

Supposidly Froch is having talks about fighting GGG at wembley fair does to Froch if hes finally grown a pair of balls, it will end in defeat but he is a warrior.

Supposidly Froch is having talks about fighting GGG at wembley fair does to Froch if hes finally grown a pair of balls, it will end in defeat but he is a warrior.

Would it be a catch weight bout?

Am not a huge fan of the guy but It's unfair calling Froch a coward or someone without balls, the dude has fought the best out of his comfort zone throughout his career. The only thing left for him to do was have another go against Andre Ward but he's at that stage in his career where he can retire with content.

A fight against GGG would be epic. We'd have to see if Froch granite chin would hold up against the most fearsome puncher in the boxing world right now, it would be a wild brawl if it went 12 rounds. I look forward to it if the two are serious, if there is interest from the froch camp there is no way GGG will refuse a big pay day.

Would it be a catch weight bout?

Am not a huge fan of the guy but It's unfair calling Froch a coward or someone without balls, the dude has fought the best out of his comfort zone throughout his career. The only thing left for him to do was have another go against Andre Ward but he's at that stage in his career where he can retire with content.

A fight against GGG would be epic. We'd have to see if Froch granite chin would hold up against the most fearsome puncher in the boxing world right now, it would be a wild brawl if it went 12 rounds. I look forward to it if the two are serious, if there is interest from the froch camp there is no way GGG will refuse a big pay day.

It would be at SWM with GGG moving up so Froch would still have a weight advantage, the fight could end up like Ivan drago and Apollo Creed with froch getting some serious damage done to him.

It would be at SWM with GGG moving up so Froch would still have a weight advantage, the fight could end up like Ivan drago and Apollo Creed with froch getting some serious damage done to him.

Froch can't box and he hangs his chin out asking to be hit, I guess he's at his best when that jab is being established but it's a pretty one dimensional tactic for a guy whos main strength is in-fighting. Don't even know how motivated Froch would be for the fight, it would be the biggest fight of his career and he'd have to be at his absolute best. I doubt the motivation is there and it's a very very dangerous fight for the 37 year old; fights like these can take years of a mans health and well being.

Chunky finally wins the big one! don't get the hatred for this guy in the UK, our fans seemed to enjoy disliking Olympians that are not white.

Watching the fight right now,I have Degale winning the first 3, 4th one was pretty much even and in the 2nd round James scored two knockdowns with some devastating lefts. The guy got everything, speed, power and technical ability; no wonder froch didn't want to fight him. Would have been an awkward fight for carl even moreso because of his struggles against southpaws. Direll is no bum himself, tremendous heart being displayed by getting of the canvas and boxing his way back in to the fight in round 5! the shots he took in the 2nd would have finished off most fighters.

Finally finished watching the fight, it was brilliant! this is what boxing needs; the fight could have gone either way up until the final round even more so when you take into account foreign judges. I had chunky winning by 2 points 115-113, scored round 4 even. What a win for Britain, I hope this is start of something special for James. Beating an outstanding fighter like Direll has to rank up there amongst the best British World Title wins in history, I don't think Andre's career will decline from here; he'll be world champion some day to no doubt about it. Had Andre avoided getting knocked out in the 2nd the fight would have been a lot closer, but what a champion; can't put it in words what it takes for a boxer to get back up after taking shots like those and almost winning the fight. Talk Nah @ the clowns who thought direll lacks heart.

Well degale for winning the fight hes improved so much as a fighter in his last few 3/4 fights, only worry was he built up a strong lead early in fight and then started to get sloppy and tired as the fight went on and almost let dirrell back into the fight, i had degale winning the fight by two points and the two early knock downs won him the fight. He is the most talented SMW out there behind Andre Ward. The SWM division is otherwise pretty weak i think currently with mediocre boxers like abrahams and stegilez been ranked so high in the division.

Degale v Groves two would be a fight worth watching just purely because of the hatred between the two.

Froch can't box and he hangs his chin out asking to be hit, I guess he's at his best when that jab is being established but it's a pretty one dimensional tactic for a guy whos main strength is in-fighting. Don't even know how motivated Froch would be for the fight, it would be the biggest fight of his career and he'd have to be at his absolute best. I doubt the motivation is there and it's a very very dangerous fight for the 37 year old; fights like these can take years of a mans health and well being.

Froch could try and use his jab to try and keep GGG away from him but hes to relentless and if he keeps taking shots all night like hes prone to will end up being KOed and thats if he takes the fight.

Froch could try and use his jab to try and keep GGG away from him but hes to relentless and if he keeps taking shots all night like hes prone to will end up being KOed and thats if he takes the fight.

Probably get brain damage to :facepalm: if I was froch I wouldn't take the fight and he doesn't need to at this stage in his career; but knowing him I won't be surprised if he takes it. #Warrior.

We should know within the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the weekend, fantastic card for Brit fight fans on boxnation and sky.

Look foward to the Joshua, Kevin, Brook and Khan fights.

Khan fight will be boring with him beating Algeri by UD. Algeri is a good technical boxer but has no punch power and is ideal for khan he needs to start getting in ring with better fighters.

Brook will stop Gavin inside 6 rounds i reckon.

As much as i want to see kevin mitchell win a world title i think he will fall short.

Selby v gradovich is a good 50/50 fight and will be worth a watch.

I think Joshua will stop kevin Johnson in 6 rounds.

Will be a walk in the park for Khan. Looking at his last fight he looked very sharp and anything like that will get him an easy points win while looking good. Algeri as mentioned above doesn't hit hard so nothing to worry about. I would like Khan to take a few shots to see if his chin has improved as the punches wont hurt him not enough bite.

Kell should beat Gavin wont last long at all and i can see the crowd booing the main event but hearn is lucky its a very good fight card.
Will be interesting to see PPV numbers...

Khan should get a stoppage tonight boosting his chances with Mayweather.

Looking forward to see how Kevin Johnson does, he could take some serious punishment tomorrow for sustained periods.

Khan should get a stoppage tonight boosting his chances with Mayweather.

Looking forward to see how Kevin Johnson does, he could take some serious punishment tomorrow for sustained periods.

Kevin is really talking some smack I love it :)) he said even his grandma would have knocked those 12 guys out which Joshua faced haha

It will be a good test for Joshua, he has not been past 3 rounds in his career and Kevin has not been stopped ever since turning pro.

The points win is more likely but if he got the KO it would be an emphatic statement; needs to be careful though he's always one shot away from losing.

Kevin is really talking some smack I love it :)) he said even his grandma would have knocked those 12 guys out which Joshua faced haha

It will be a good test for Joshua, he has not been past 3 rounds in his career and Kevin has not been stopped ever since turning pro.

The points win is more likely but if he got the KO it would be an emphatic statement; needs to be careful though he's always one shot away from losing.

Yes, Kevin will take them all night long, depends how merciful the ref is to him. It's a shame he's not a little younger because he's probably too slow now to keep AJ back with boxing skills. All he can do is take a beating until AJ is frustrated and leaves him self open to a big shot. Doesn't matter who you are if a heavyweight connects you will hit the canvas.

Can't see him knocking Kevin out but most likely a late stoppage as the ref will be in agony watching.

But if Kev wins, his wife best watch out. : )

Khan is on PTV sports so won't bother ordering Boxnation, if anyone else has the same issue.

Is that the estimated time for the ring walk?

I think so am not sure though was trying to search it but on another forum saw that it's at 9pm EST, here in the UK the ring walk will begin 3am GMT

Yes, Kevin will take them all night long, depends how merciful the ref is to him. It's a shame he's not a little younger because he's probably too slow now to keep AJ back with boxing skills. All he can do is take a beating until AJ is frustrated and leaves him self open to a big shot. Doesn't matter who you are if a heavyweight connects you will hit the canvas.

Can't see him knocking Kevin out but most likely a late stoppage as the ref will be in agony watching.

But if Kev wins, his wife best watch out. : )

Khan is on PTV sports so won't bother ordering Boxnation, if anyone else has the same issue.

If Kevin does connect, it will be interesting to see how Joshua takes a good shot. We've been wanting to see how he does over the distance and whether that chin holds up, perhaps he can answer some questions. Knocking out Kevin would be quiet the feat though, even Vitali couldn't manage it.

Am going to stream it. Box Nation costs 30 quid on PPV apparently, but if you sign up online its 12 quid and you cancel your subscription straight after.

If Kevin does connect, it will be interesting to see how Joshua takes a good shot. We've been wanting to see how he does over the distance and whether that chin holds up, perhaps he can answer some questions. Knocking out Kevin would be quiet the feat though, even Vitali couldn't manage it.

Am going to stream it. Box Nation costs 30 quid on PPV apparently, but if you sign up online its 12 quid and you cancel your subscription straight after.

I think Joshua will go down from a clean shot, maybe even get counted out. The big shocks always come from heavyweight boxing, best division but a shame theres no real stars out there now. Joshua could become one but needs to be tested first.

I bought a Jadoo box, it has PTV sports. It was the only way to watch the Pakistan cricket matches. Hoping there aren't too many adverts and it's the American commentary team, Boxnation guys are dull.

Better from Khan now, unless he gets knocked out he wins on points as I think he has enough of a lead

First of all what a fantastic fight! Khan is rarely in a dull fight and you have to give it to both fighters for putting on a show, Spike TV is a terrestrial channel and these are the types of fights which really help bring in new fans to our sport instead of derailing it.

Algerie fought out of his comfort zone and was brawling most of the time; threw some fantastic power punches but Khan took them. Virgin/Khan never expected him to come out like that, Chris was basically just looking for the KO because he knew he wouldn't be able to outbox Khan given his speed. Khan adjusted mid-way and won compatibly in the end.

I thought Khan could have counter punched better. Something he'll have to master if he wants to fight Floyd.

Well, this may help Amir in the long run, Floyd may fancy his chances of knocking AK out and the fight may come to fruition.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] you think its a good idea for Khan fighting Mayweather ?

Ngl, was surprised the way Algieri came out but in a way he had to since he was never gonna out-box Khan. Amir Khan had an 'off' day which may tempt Mayweather but still won comfortably by UD. And he wasn't getting schooled even in the first few rounds, he won most of the first few rounds imo only lost 1 round in the first 5.

Always wanted to see how Khan would respond to the unexpected in a fight and with his cornerman's help he adjusted really well which was great to see; he was wobbled a bit by a right hand I think at the start but after that he took the shots pretty well but that's not saying much given how Algerie Lacks power.

Based on that performance though the only top welter I see Khan beating is Timothy Bradley; Khan is an unpredictable fighter but I don't really know where he goes from here. Floyd will be licking his lips now though so this performance against Algerie may have been a blessing in disguise. Having said that, I don't see Khan beating Thurman, Gurrero or even Brook.

Sure he'll be more prepared in the future but an overhand right from Thurman, Brook, Gurrero or Mayweather will send him to the canvas. Mind you the likes of Thurman, Brook, Gurrero etc will follow up the looping right with a Left Hook which Chris wasn't able to do.

Khan is an entertaining fighter that I'll always watch no matter who his opponent is given that he is rarely in a dull fight and from that perspective really needs to be appreciated and in terms of what he has done for the sport in the UK; but at the top level his career is pretty much finished.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] did you get a look at the British Card and the Khan fight?

I watched BrooK/Gavin, Khan/Algerie and Joshua/Kevin.

Already given my thoughts on the Khan fight, Gavin was a bit of an awkward opponent for Brook and was frustrating him; he shouldn't have lasted 6 rounds but Brook took his time and got the stoppage in the end which was good; however Frankie didn't belong at this level and made for a very poor opponent in the end that did nothing for Kell's reputation. He should be looking to get in the ring with the top 10 welters in the world now.

Kevin was mouthing off on how Joshua was knocking out bums but I guess he won't have any doubts over his power now! it should have ended at the end of the 1st poor refereeing! Very excited for Joshua, you know when a guy is knocking out his opponents in this fashion it's hard not to bring up comparisons to Mike Tyson in the early phase of his career; he's still young and inexperienced so they shouldn't rush him but man i won't blame them if they step it up as far as opponent quality is concerned. Kevin is no bum, yes he lost his last 5 or so fights but has never been stopped even by the likes of klitchko.

Need to watch Mitchell v Linares, I read it was an absolute war as predicted and a cracking fight; for me it was always going to be the real main-event. Absolute gutted for Kevin, cuts were his ultimate downfall and apparently he was ahead on the judges score-cards at that point. I really hope he wins a world title in the future.

In other news Selby won the world title after a brilliant performance to, never got around watching that. I had forgotten about the card tonight, realised too late.

Always wanted to see how Khan would respond to the unexpected in a fight and with his cornerman's help he adjusted really well which was great to see; he was wobbled a bit by a right hand I think at the start but after that he took the shots pretty well but that's not saying much given how Algerie Lacks power.

Based on that performance though the only top welter I see Khan beating is Timothy Bradley; Khan is an unpredictable fighter but I don't really know where he goes from here. Floyd will be licking his lips now though so this performance against Algerie may have been a blessing in disguise. Having said that, I don't see Khan beating Thurman, Gurrero or even Brook.

Sure he'll be more prepared in the future but an overhand right from Thurman, Brook, Gurrero or Mayweather will send him to the canvas. Mind you the likes of Thurman, Brook, Gurrero etc will follow up the looping right with a Left Hook which Chris wasn't able to do.

Khan is an entertaining fighter that I'll always watch no matter who his opponent is given that he is rarely in a dull fight and from that perspective really needs to be appreciated and in terms of what he has done for the sport in the UK; but at the top level his career is pretty much finished.

That's a broad statement. He isn't ready for Floyd but he is more than capable of beating the other three. You're assuming these four will catch Khan like Algerie did but they don't have the length to do that.

Btw just watching Algerie in post fight interviews. He is one classy dude, good luck to him in the future.

That's a broad statement. He isn't ready for Floyd but he is more than capable of beating the other three. You're assuming these four will catch Khan like Algerie did but they don't have the length to do that.

There are certainly advantages to reach but mate when you jump in a shower you are bound to get wet, same way when you step in the ring you are bound to get hit at some point; heck even floyd despite his genius defence got hit flush a couple of times by Manny and even in the past he has been hit quiet hard (see shane mosely fight) but his chin was able to hold up.

If either of those guys catch Khan he'll be in big trouble, he has heart but you can't grow a bigger chin am afraid. However when he does get caught I expect him to deal with the situation better under the advice of hunter he'll try and clinch etc instead of trade like an idiot after being hit. Also Khan no longer has Alex Ariza as his strength/conditioning coach, the guy who got him in the best shape of his life for the maidana fight and prepared him to take those shots in the fight which would have taken out most fighters but because of the focus on strong legs (they were very bulky for that fight) and other various conditioning measures they took Khan was able to survive in that fight. The conditioning had improved but not the chin; mind you when Khan has been taken out he has been caught flush with shots that would take out most fighters but his chin remains suspect and I saw Algerie who's not a legit welter wobble him with a right so just goes to show what the likes of Thurman, Brook or Gurrero would do.

Btw just watching Algerie in post fight interviews. He is one classy dude, good luck to him in the future.

Need to watch it. He's a guy that was living on peanuts for a long time in pursuit of a boxing career but now he's a millionaire, made a million during the manny fight and am sure he got paid well in the Khan fight to. He has a degree in medical sciences and is now training at medical school; he wants to open up some kind medical centre for professional athletes and retired boxers to help them out etc with their injuries. Good Lad. Credit to him for the way he came out to fight, was very determined to win.

Back