Boxing Thread

I don't think either of them care if they get vilified to be honest. But I think they both want to make it happen, one last payday (until the rematch). And this payday will be HUGE. This will be like Hagler v Hearns, or Ali v Foreman, or Tyson v Holyfield. It's going to be huge. Shame it didn't happen 2 years ago when both were so much more in their prime.

Manny was in beast mode during 2009, a shame the floyd fight didn't happen then. Having said that even though Manny is past his best, far from over the hill and it will be a good fight hopefully one which am very interested in. But unlike 2009, there is no doubt about who would win. Floyd will get the decision compatibly after a couple of scares. Had they fought in 2009 I'd have compared this to Hagler/Hearns, Ali/foreman but you're bang on with Tyson/Holyfield comparison though with Manny assuming the role of Tyson who was no longer the demon fighter he was in the late 80's.

Anyhow i will believe that Manny v Floyd will happen when they actually step in the ring! lol

Will be good to see Carl frampton in action on saturday against chris avalos, should be a good fight and on ITV (1ST FIGHT on ITV in 7 years)

Then week after my favourite current boxer GGG will smash martin murray in monte carlo!

Very exited for Murray vs GGG. Cannot wait to see what GGG has in store for Murray. I have to add even though GGG will triumph Murray is more than respectable opponent who usually brings it. Should be a good bout nevertheless.

Jean Pascal v sergey kovalev in march should be an interesting match up with the winner supposidly then the number 1 contender to fight adonis stevenson.

Stevenson v kovalev would be a brilliant fight to watch i think!

Very exited for Murray vs GGG. Cannot wait to see what GGG has in store for Murray. I have to add even though GGG will triumph Murray is more than respectable opponent who usually brings it. Should be a good bout nevertheless.

I think murray will last 6-7 rounds before been dismantled, murray is a very defensive fight and i think GGG will chip away and dismantle him.

I think murray will last 6-7 rounds before been dismantled, murray is a very defensive fight and i think GGG will chip away and dismantle him.

Yeah I see it the same way. But if GGG lands a clean shot early with either hand this could end quick. Its amazing how much power GGG generates with both hands, his knockout of Geale will forever be one my favourite GGG moments.

Yeah I see it the same way. But if GGG lands a clean shot early with either hand this could end quick. Its amazing how much power GGG generates with both hands, his knockout of Geale will forever be one my favourite GGG moments.

The geale knock out was awesome somply because 10 seconds earlier geale hit him with a hard shot and GGG response was have this is return and good night and go to sleep :)))

According to a lot of reputable boxing writers including ESPN's Dan Rafeal who has squashed all previous rumors and has been very accurate so far all that remains of this bout is for Mayweather to make the announcement. The negotiations are complete and signed off.

Am surprised Murray lasted 11 rounds, credit to him. GGG has the potential to be one of the great middleweights of this era.

Good fight for GGG. He proved his stamina and most importantly his punching power is as deadly in the 11 as it is in the 5th. Murray put up a gutsy performance but when you are facing a beast like GGG who relentlessly comes at you for the whole fight its just a matter of time before he puts you away. On personal level I was so happy GGG kept his knockout record going, was getting a bit nervous the longer the fight went on. Really wanted him to get that finish.

Hey guys,

A good few boxing months ahead of us:

Mar 7th
Guerrero vs. Thurman
Molina jr vs. Broner

Mar 13th
Berto vs. Lopez
Garcia vs. Porter

Mar 14th
Kovalev vs. Pascal

Not sure if many are interested in Fury vs Hammer (I'm not) so didn't mention it but overall looking a like a solid 2015.

Wonder who is next for GGG, Looks like Cotto will run away like a coward! Jnr Chavez has taken to twitter to try and goad GGG, if hes got a pair of balls then chavez should get in ring with GGG and will be carried out.

Only person i can see beating GGG is Andre ward and that either have to be a catchweight fight or GGG stepping up to SMW.

Wonder who is next for GGG, Looks like Cotto will run away like a coward! Jnr Chavez has taken to twitter to try and goad GGG, if hes got a pair of balls then chavez should get in ring with GGG and will be carried out.

Only person i can see beating GGG is Andre ward and that either have to be a catchweight fight or GGG stepping up to SMW.

Apparently Team Khan are interested in Cotto if they can get him down to 155, unlikely though. Marquez or Bradley are potential opponents with Brook being the most likely opponent as it stands. Hope Cotto faces GGG, would be an epic war.

Team Khan look like they have no options for decent oponents right now as everyone is booked up, as per usual Khan mouth off on how he should be in great fights and what level he believes he is at, he needs to stop talking out of his rear end and start being more realistic and actuaully try and get a fight with thurman, guerrero, Matthyse, Brook etc... and actaully prove he can actually beat someone who can actually box but also has some power.

Cotto would get destroyed in about 6 round by GGG in my eyes!

Team Khan look like they have no options for decent oponents right now as everyone is booked up, as per usual Khan mouth off on how he should be in great fights and what level he believes he is at, he needs to stop talking out of his rear end and start being more realistic and actuaully try and get a fight with thurman, guerrero, Matthyse, Brook etc... and actaully prove he can actually beat someone who can actually box but also has some power.

Cotto would get destroyed in about 6 round by GGG in my eyes!

Cotto, Marquez and Bradley are available? they approached gurrero but he priced himself out and if Bradley agrees am sure Khan will fight him but expect Bradley to duck Khan again. If any other fighter spoke about his options in his next fight no one would say anything but people make a big deal out of it when it's Khan, he didn't say he wants eat someones children that guy is re-veered for saying that nor does he chat crap like floyd. In the interviews he been doing, mainly said Brook is very likely with Cotto, Bradley, Marquez being options. Media outlets have been reporting about a prospect of a Khan/Cotto fight before Khan even said anything, it made sense given Cotto and Khan didn't get the floyd fight. And Cotto/Khan would be great. He beat maidana i think he has power :))

I had a recent conversation with a friend and I have to say some people are really overrating Cotto solely based on his win over Martinez. Yeah he defeated Martinez handedly but the Argentine's knees were so bad he could barely stand straight. Not only do I believe GGG will brutalize Cotto but I also think Khan (if the fight ever happens) as long as he sticks to the game plan for entire bout and Canelo will both defeat Cotto comfortably.

Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg want to fight each other. Can it happen?

After years of stumbling at countless hurdles, Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg look to be in the home stretch in negotiating what would probably be the biggest British fight of the year.

The likelihood of their putting their world super-bantamweight titles on the line against each other this summer is stronger than at any time during discussions over the past couple of years. All that need finalising are the money, the venue and the broadcaster – and those negotiations remain problematic.

The good news is both fighters are desperate for the bout to take place sooner rather than later. Quigg flew to Belfast on Saturday to be ringside for Frampton’s first defence of his IBF belt and was impressed with the Irishman’s fifth-round stoppage of the intemperate but dangerous Californian Chris Avalos.

If [Floyd] Mayweather and [Manny] Pacquiao can get made, surely this one can get made,” Quigg told the Guardian. “Wherever they want, is fine by me but this [the 11,000-seater Odyssey] is not big enough [one point of agreement with the Frampton camp].

“If it’s got to be indoors, the MEN [in Manchester] holds 20,000, the O2 in London holds 20,000.

“There’s no calling anybody out. If they want that fight, I’m ready for it. For me, it’s the biggest fight in British boxing. I 100% believe I’ll beat him and he’ll say the same – and that’s what will make a great fight.”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/01/scott-quigg-carl-frampton-biggest-fight

Frampton's corner want it on terrestrial and quigg's corner want it on PPv

Hopefully they can sort it out. They managed to sort out the HBO-Showtime issue for Money-Manny, surely they can do this.

This Saturday Thurman vs Guerrero and Broner vs Molina. Picking Molina to upset Broner and looking forward to see what sort of performance Thurman puts up after the disappointing display against the 41 year old Bunda.

Cotto, Marquez and Bradley are available? they approached gurrero but he priced himself out and if Bradley agrees am sure Khan will fight him but expect Bradley to duck Khan again. If any other fighter spoke about his options in his next fight no one would say anything but people make a big deal out of it when it's Khan, he didn't say he wants eat someones children that guy is re-veered for saying that nor does he chat crap like floyd. In the interviews he been doing, mainly said Brook is very likely with Cotto, Bradley, Marquez being options. Media outlets have been reporting about a prospect of a Khan/Cotto fight before Khan even said anything, it made sense given Cotto and Khan didn't get the floyd fight. And Cotto/Khan would be great. He beat maidana i think he has power :))

1) Marquez is still recovering from a knee Injury so isnt available at moment and is more likely to fight brook later this year
2) Cotto just seems intent on $$$ and making excuses not to fight anyone decent
3) Niether bradley or khan hold a belt so in reality i dont think the fight is one either is interested in at the moment
4) In regards to Maidana yes khan beat him but if you look at fight from 10th round onwards khan gets seriously hurt by maidana and the referee gets in the way and starts allowing khan to hold to much otherwise without that intervention khan would have been finished off

Khans a good fighter but he needs to atleast avenge one of his 3 defeats or get in the ring with a few names ive mentioned to really prove himself at this level.

Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg want to fight each other. Can it happen?

would be an excellent fight between to fighters who love a scrap hope they can find a neutral venue, i would give frampton a slight edge over quigg but it would be a slobber knocker over 12 rounds.

1) Marquez is still recovering from a knee Injury so isnt available at moment and is more likely to fight brook later this year
2) Cotto just seems intent on $$$ and making excuses not to fight anyone decent
3) Niether bradley or khan hold a belt so in reality i dont think the fight is one either is interested in at the moment
4) In regards to Maidana yes khan beat him but if you look at fight from 10th round onwards khan gets seriously hurt by maidana and the referee gets in the way and starts allowing khan to hold to much otherwise without that intervention khan would have been finished off

Khans a good fighter but he needs to atleast avenge one of his 3 defeats or get in the ring with a few names ive mentioned to really prove himself at this level.

Mate it's beyond me how anyone can take credit away from Khan for that fight, fighters try and clinch when they are hurt why hold that against him anyhow he traded with him even after that ref never let him hold for that long they were fighting on the inside for a while. He took some killer blows in that fight but it wasn't the chin that got him through it was the conditioning thanks to Ariza. Bradley is still in the top 5 or 6 P4P best on the planet, it would still be a big win. He'll go for Brook in the end then since Cotto fight will not happen. A roided up peterson won a fight thanks to deductions and what has he done since to make a rematch viable for Khan at this stage? prescott absolute waste of time if he fights him again but if Garcia moves up then he should fight him.

Here we go. Can't believe I am watching a premier boxing event on free to air tv. Tonight is huge for boxing in North America, boxing making its return to network tv after 30 years. This is amazing if you are a boxing fan.

Pathetic performance by Molina. He just stood their and took a beating. At least flippin throw some damn punches. Broner also didn't raise his stock by the way he foughtt at all. He should have done a lot more specially considering his opponent was pretty much a punching bag. I think Broner hurt his stock with this unimpressive performance.

Thurman vs Guerrero

This is what I have been waiting for, lets hope they put up a better show than the last two.

Amazing fight!!!! Just incredible.

This was one high intensity slugfest towards the end. Thurman dominated till the 10, even knocked Guerrero down in the nine and the fight looked all but over but Guerrero showed a lot of heart and came back strong and the two exchange some bombs towards the end. That all being said Keith Thurman looked incridible and officially announced himself as the man who will take the mantle from Floyd and Manny as the biggest name in boxing when the two retire.

By the way Marv Albert might be one of the best announcers in Basketball but he shouldn't be calling boxing. He sounded clueless and out of place. Hope NBC replaces him for the April 11 Garcia vs Peterson event.

Really impressed by Thurman, good ring intelligence shown and does show hes got great punching power, hope he fights Kell brook next or Amir khan, In khans case i doubt al haymon will put khan in the ring with someone with good handspeed and can actually hit hard.

Can't find the fight online but sounds like it was an entertaining encounter going by black thunders excitement :)) Good for Thurman though, many of us knew he was quality and this win over gurrero is proof of that. They'll be some big pay days ahead for this young lad if he keeps fighting the way he is

Can't find the fight online but sounds like it was an entertaining encounter going by black thunders excitement :)) Good for Thurman though, many of us knew he was quality and this win over gurrero is proof of that. They'll be some big pay days ahead for this young lad if he keeps fighting the way he is

Looking back at the posts I think the fact that I was watching it live and also posting at the same time might have led me to get a bit over excited and I might have overrated it just a tad :)) But it was a good fight nevertheless.

Thurman Gurerrero was decent...I prefer fights that are competitive...

Molina is done...awful awful fight...Broner was ok...he did what he needed to against a fighter who looks shot...

Broner is calling out Khan at the moment and if i was Khan i would jump on this...

Broner isn't that good but is a name...beating him got Maidana the Floyd fight...and stylistically this is easy for Khan...Broner doesn't have enough pop at 147 and even then he doesn't hurt Khan...he is flat footed and can't deal with active fighters...and his own activity is limited...Khan will have a very easy day with him...easier and more high profile to an American audience than a fight with Kell...

I'm delighted Floyd and Pacquiao is finally happening...

That said imo the real p4p no1 is GGG...the guy is just amazing...some speak about his defence...but i believe him when he says he leaves himself open on purpose...he hurts people more than they hurt him and leaving himself open leaves him with openings...Cotto who is like the Younis Khan of boxing is gonna stay as far away from him as possible...

Kovalev V Pascal this weekend should be fun albeit one sided...

Feel like an old school triology this week...got the Vazquez/Marquez trilogy all in HD :)...

Pascal will get stopped inside six rounds i reckon. I can see kovalev destroying him on saturday!

Cheering for Kovalev but this won't be an easy fight for him. If this was held anywhere else but Montreal it would be a cakewalk for Kovalev but the fact that the fight is taking place in Pascal's hometown and also considering how passionate the Montreal crowd is Pascal will be up for it and will give Kovalev some trouble. Also don't think Kovalev is prepared for how hostile the crowd will be against him.

Cheering for Kovalev but this won't be an easy fight for him. If this was held anywhere else but Montreal it would be a cakewalk for Kovalev but the fact that the fight is taking place in Pascal's hometown and also considering how passionate the Montreal crowd is Pascal will be up for it and will give Kovalev some trouble. Also don't think Kovalev is prepared for how hostile the crowd will be against him.

Pascal will look good for a few rounds but he always gases...his conditioning isnt good enough to survive someone like Kovalev...he has a decent chin but Kovalev stops him imo...

Just seen the card from yesterday...

The Berto stoppage was very premature imo...Lopez looked fine...and was winning the fight at the time of the stoppage...

Arreola fight is well worth a watch...two fat heavyweights in a war...

And Porter looked decent against an underrated opponent...

Pascal will look good for a few rounds but he always gases...his conditioning isnt good enough to survive someone like Kovalev...he has a decent chin but Kovalev stops him imo...

I also see Kovalev winning but its going to be a much tougher fight for him than a lot of people think.

Pascal made that fun...his little bursts were quite productive...but he never hurt Kovalev...Kovalev like GGG has ridiculous power...and his boxing skills are there to see too...he controlled the fight...I thought the stoppage was a good one...

Stevenson doesnt even do 3 rounds imo...his defense is leaky and his chin isnt great...

I'd love to see Kovalev V Froch :)...

Pascal made that fun...his little bursts were quite productive...but he never hurt Kovalev...Kovalev like GGG has ridiculous power...and his boxing skills are there to see too...he controlled the fight...I thought the stoppage was a good one...

Stevenson doesnt even do 3 rounds imo...his defense is leaky and his chin isnt great...

I'd love to see Kovalev V Froch :)...

Haven't seen the fight yet but some were saying it was premature stoppage by the ref, was that the case?

Kovalev once again showed what a beast he is, lets see if adonis stevenson talks the talk now and actually gets in the ring with kovalev. would be a excellent fight to watch.

If if could happen id love to see Andre ward v GGG or Andre ward v Kovalev

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=47981]b[/MENTION]lack Thunder

who do you guys think had the better career, Floyd or Roy Jones jr?

I feel like Floyd is too over-hyped in comparison to the likes of Jones and Hopkins, not lived through Jones prime but having watched him fight on the net at his best he looked unstoppable given his unorthodox style. We live in times where the fighters at present are overrated in comparison to fighters of the past, imagine Roy Jones jr was fighting at his peak in this time period i know he's already seen as an ATG but he'd be appreciated/admired even more.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=47981]b[/MENTION]lack Thunder

who do you guys think had the better career, Floyd or Roy Jones jr?

I feel like Floyd is too over-hyped in comparison to the likes of Jones and Hopkins, not lived through Jones prime but having watched him fight on the net at his best he looked unstoppable given his unorthodox style. We live in times where the fighters at present are overrated in comparison to fighters of the past, imagine Roy Jones jr was fighting at his peak in this time period i know he's already seen as an ATG but he'd be appreciated/admired even more.

Jones was a amazingly exciting offensive fighter. One of the best that I have seen in terms of providing fireworks and bang for your bucks but what eventually let him down was his defense. If Jones had the Mayweather defense with his own offense he would have been by far the best fighter of this generation without question. For me what will define Mayweather's legacy is the Pacquiao fight (considering the 5 year history, expectation and all) if Money defeat Pacman as is expected widely than it will be very hard to argue against his record and the fighters that he has defeated, if he fails than obviously that will completely change his standing. Having said all that if I had to choose between watching a Jones fight and a Mayweather fight I would watch Jones 99% of the time, he was just too dynamic.

p.s I also think Floyd is a very underrated marketer, the way he has promoted himself has gone a long way in his all around standing and the main reason for his popularity compare to some of the others.

Jones was a amazingly exciting offensive fighter. One of the best that I have seen in terms of providing fireworks and bang for your bucks but what eventually let him down was his defense. If Jones had the Mayweather defense with his own offense he would have been by far the best fighter of this generation without question. For me what will define Mayweather's legacy is the Pacquiao fight (considering the 5 year history, expectation and all) if Money defeat Pacman as is expected widely than it will be very hard to argue against his record and the fighters that he has defeated, if he fails than obviously that will completely change his standing. Having said all that if I had to choose between watching a Jones fight and a Mayweather fight I would watch Jones 99% of the time, he was just too dynamic.

p.s I also think Floyd is a very underrated marketer, the way he has promoted himself has gone a long way in his all around standing and the main reason for his popularity compare to some of the others.

Who has a better legacy out of the two in your opinion?

And if am honest, i wouldn't look too much into his expected win against the pac man who is no where near the beast he was in 2009 not that am taking anything away from the current manny who is still a good fighter.

Can't argue with that, when it comes to marketing himself and how the pretty boy has managed to make a fortune whilst minimizing the risk, looking after his health etc he has to be the best of the best out there because I don't think floyds record/legacy is as good as people think.

And if am honest, i wouldn't look too much into his expected win against the pac man who is no where near the beast he was in 2009 not that am taking anything away from the current manny who is still a good fighter.

Can't argue with that, when it comes to marketing himself and how the pretty boy has managed to make a fortune whilst minimizing the risk, looking after his health etc he has to be the best of the best out there because I don't think floyds record/legacy is as good as people think.

If Floyd retires undefeated then he will have a greater legacy for sure.

If Floyd retires undefeated then he will have a greater legacy for sure.

Am not convinced by his record even if he remains unbeaten. Catch-weights, ducks etc don't really help his reputation.

Those Antonio Tarver fights and the fact that Jones is still fighting when he should have longed retired has certainly hurt his legacy. I think what Hopkins has achieved despite being a very boring fighter early on in his careers is truly remarkable and will remain unmatched for decades if not centuries. For me Hopkins will leave a much more history defining legacy than Floyd and I would easily place Hopkins ahead of Floyd when it comes to legacy.

Those Antonio Tarver fights and the fact that Jones is still fighting when he should have longed retired has certainly hurt his legacy. I think what Hopkins has achieved despite being a very boring fighter early on in his careers is truly remarkable and will remain unmatched for decades if not centuries. For me Hopkins will leave a much more history defining legacy than Floyd and I would easily place Hopkins ahead of Floyd when it comes to legacy.

Yes, glad you bought up Hopkins because there are people that wouldn't even think twice about rating Floyd above him. Thing is the longer you go on fighting the more you are bound to lose unless you are an ALIEN!!! :)), we should judge fighters during their peak and the periods where they are still competing at a high level. Even Ali lost some fights towards the end of his career but i wouldn't judge that part of his career when looking at his performance overall. Roy did beat Tarver though didn't he? but after that was never the same fighter again.

Am not convinced by his record even if he remains unbeaten. Catch-weights, ducks etc don't really help his reputation.

All this ducking and reputation talk will not stand 15 years down the line if record says that he beat Pacman/Khan/Brook whoever he fights until he retires and stays undefeated. Your initial question of who will have the greater legacy between Roy Jones Jr and Mayweather doesn't really take into account how subjective boxing is. There are just so many factors to consider and each person values different things when they judge fighters.

Roy Jones Jr. was an absolute monster. If you just look at his highlight reel, he was absolutely insane in terms of talent, athleticism and skill. Brute force. He faced some great fighters too. Floyd is as good a pure boxer as you're likely to get. His defence and technique is the best that I have seen. But like I said, it's subjective. I'm one who prefers silky smooth technique over perpetual violence which is why I prefer Floyd over Roy and Lewis over Tyson. You would very rarely get a consensus top 10 P4P or GOAT list in boxing as each person has a different criteria.

Also, a lot of Floyd's wins are underrated. His record consists of beating an out of prime De La Hoya, Hatton, Corrales, Gatti, JMM, Maidana, Mosley, Cotto, Canelo etc. That is a beastly list. I think a lot of people underrate Floyd because of his antics outside the ring, which shouldn't be taken into account as it's all just a ploy but they unconsciously do that as they hate him. In actuality, I can bet, 20-25 years down the line we'll be hearing a lot of "He's good but he ain't Floyd".

Very tough question indeed up until 2003 Roy jones was an absoloute beast and probably the best boxer i had seen whilst watching the sport, he was different to mayweather as he was an aggresive all action fighter and he pretty much destroyed everyone that what was put infront of him, i think his career started to wane when he started to go through the phase of wanting to fight at different weight divisions as i beleive that started to affect him physically as a boxer. despite numerous losses from 2003 onwards he was great to watch.

FMJ is a master of defense and intelligence and completley different fighter and i think hes proven across his career in all weight divisions his class and quality as a boxer but ultimatley the final defining of his career will fall upon the pac man fight.

Finally am a massive bernard hopkins fan and yes his fighting style is ugly and built on a defensive style of more not being hit then going out to hit people but the guys 50 years old and is still proving he can do it agianst the very best out there and for length of time hes done that in his career he deserves massive respect.

WBC have orderded negotations between Stevenson and Kovalev if stevenson gets past sakio Bika, i hope this fight happens because you will have to best boxers in the division with tremandous power going at it and i can see if beingh carnage with kovalev winning by a KO late in the fight.

How the hell did Jo Jo Dan become an mandatory?

Kell Brook loves fighting bums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freudian slip by froch, calling him Jo Jo Jan
Almost 29 years old and still fighting bums...... Abandon this Micky mouse belt and head to states and fight quality there. Why does a champion need to beg a challenger? Very odd

Almost 29 years old and still fighting bums...... Abandon this Micky mouse belt and head to states and fight quality there. Why does a champion need to beg a challenger? Very odd

He wants a pay day, but Khan won't give it him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kell beat his mandatory...and people can't have it both ways...

You ask why he fights lesser fighters but when he wants better fighters like Khan people here are like he hasn't earnt it :)...

Jo Jo Dan is a decent fighter...not a tomato can in the slightest...he should have two wins against Selcuk Aydin who was competitive against Robert Guerrero...Kell was supposed to win but he wasnt supposed to demolish Dan in the manner he did...

Bradley and Khan are the next ranked fighters by the IBF...

Russell just starched Gonzalez...hes best fighting Mares or Gradovich next...

Walters V Loma is the fight to see in that division...

Kell beat his mandatory...and people can't have it both ways...

You ask why he fights lesser fighters but when he wants better fighters like Khan people here are like he hasn't earnt it :)...

Jo Jo Dan is a decent fighter...not a tomato can in the slightest...he should have two wins against Selcuk Aydin who was competitive against Robert Guerrero...Kell was supposed to win but he wasnt supposed to demolish Dan in the manner he did...

Bradley and Khan are the next ranked fighters by the IBF...

Have you seen the second fight Dan got dropped 3 times.

As for Brook people are ripping Khan of wanting to fight light hitters and fight one of the elite.

Brook wants to do exactly the same thing fight Khan and he has already called out Pac May winner, he won't dare fight Thurman.

Coincidentally is club fighter Jones the biggest puncher he has fought? as Porter isn't a puncher or he would of KOed the "Chinny shot Light Weight" the first time not get a gift draw.

Have you seen the second fight Dan got dropped 3 times.

As for Brook people are ripping Khan of wanting to fight light hitters and fight one of the elite.

Brook wants to do exactly the same thing fight Khan and he has already called out Pac May winner, he won't dare fight Thurman.

Coincidentally is club fighter Jones the biggest puncher he has fought? as Porter isn't a puncher or he would of KOed the "Chinny shot Light Weight" the first time not get a gift draw.

Yeh i saw both fights...and Dan won the first one convincingly and the second one i still think he won...Marquez got dropped by Pacquiao plenty but still won that fight...

And as for Thurman...Eddie Hearn has discussed the possibility of fighting Thurman...the Pac/Floyd sweepstakes is something everyone is wanting...from Thurman, Brook, Khan etc...the difference is however that unlike Khan the rest aren't gonna sit around and wait for the fight...

Brook is fighting again in June...so obviously he isnt gonna fight Manny or Pac...id be quite disappointed in Rios tbf...but if Kell winds up facing JMM are you still gonna find some way to cuss him?...JMM is a fantastic fight...hes still a class fighter, hes the best fighter in the division outside of Floyd, Manny and Bradley...

As for your Porter comment...lol at simply using results to determine whether someone can punch or not...I guess Paulie has no chin ;) ...and Alexander was rocked by feathers...

Porter is no Randall Bailey but has respectable power...

Yeh i saw both fights...and Dan won the first one convincingly and the second one i still think he won...Marquez got dropped by Pacquiao plenty but still won that fight...

And as for Thurman...Eddie Hearn has discussed the possibility of fighting Thurman...the Pac/Floyd sweepstakes is something everyone is wanting...from Thurman, Brook, Khan etc...the difference is however that unlike Khan the rest aren't gonna sit around and wait for the fight...

Brook is fighting again in June...so obviously he isnt gonna fight Manny or Pac...id be quite disappointed in Rios tbf...but if Kell winds up facing JMM are you still gonna find some way to cuss him?...JMM is a fantastic fight...hes still a class fighter, hes the best fighter in the division outside of Floyd, Manny and Bradley...

As for your Porter comment...lol at simply using results to determine whether someone can punch or not...I guess Paulie has no chin ;) ...and Alexander was rocked by feathers...

Porter is no Randall Bailey but has respectable power...

The first fight Dan clearly won the second fight he lost he is chinny as hell Aydin is no puncher.

Marquez is gonna retire most likely, Porter isn't a puncher, Paulie was shot to **** Khan beat him years earlier at his prime weight and he was considered faded then, as for Alexander he rocked Maidana multiple times, is he a puncher? in fact Paulie visibly buzzed Cotto along with Juan Diaz.

Khan is chinny but he has fought and beat punchers Judah for example visibly hurt Garcia multiple times some thing Mathyse could not do and he rocked Cotto multiple times forcing Cotto to resort to low blowing.

Hearn said Thurman has no fans when he was mentioned.

Good performance from Brook, can be tricky jumping in the ring after a serious injury.

The first fight Dan clearly won the second fight he lost he is chinny as hell Aydin is no puncher.

Marquez is gonna retire most likely, Porter isn't a puncher, Paulie was shot to **** Khan beat him years earlier at his prime weight and he was considered faded then, as for Alexander he rocked Maidana multiple times, is he a puncher? in fact Paulie visibly buzzed Cotto along with Juan Diaz.

Khan is chinny but he has fought and beat punchers Judah for example visibly hurt Garcia multiple times some thing Mathyse could not do and he rocked Cotto multiple times forcing Cotto to resort to low blowing.

Hearn said Thurman has no fans when he was mentioned.

Well I have seen an interview with Hearn where he said they would be interested in fighting Thurman...anyhow lets pass judgement in June...

There isn't really much to discuss about this fight...good things are Brook doesn't seem to have any damage from his injury...

He looked better than expected against a second tier fighter...no-one is claiming Dan is some world beater...but as stated hes on Aydins level...the same Aydin that hung with Guerrero...and the same who nearly beat Karass...the same Karass who beat Berto...hes on that kind of level...ie hes not good but the manner in which he was dismantled was impressive...

As for the puncher discussion...its futile...the point is this...Porter is no featherfist which is what you are trying to state...

Ie its a poor formula - Porter couldnt knock out Diaz thus he has no power...cos you get simplistic responses like he knocked out Malignaggi...Im responding to a poorly constructed argument using your own weak criteria...its like me saying Maidana is featherfisted cos he didnt stop Morales...

Fact is Porter is no Randall Bailey...but he has more than respectable power and doesnt win via one punch KO power but through pressure and volume...

He does however punch a lot harder than Alexander, Malignaggi or Bradley...

Kell isnt a 'big' puncher either...he relies on timing and accuracy...Kell didn't beat Porter cos of his chin which no-one has stated...but cos he outboxed him...

You're making some strawman argument at present by trying to present Brook as avoiding the big punchers...are you gonna make the same argument if he fights JMM?...

Is 'Brook is ducking Thurman' the new claim...

Who is Amir fighting next btw?...

Well I have seen an interview with Hearn where he said they would be interested in fighting Thurman...anyhow lets pass judgement in June...

There isn't really much to discuss about this fight...good things are Brook doesn't seem to have any damage from his injury...

He looked better than expected against a second tier fighter...no-one is claiming Dan is some world beater...but as stated hes on Aydins level...the same Aydin that hung with Guerrero...and the same who nearly beat Karass...the same Karass who beat Berto...hes on that kind of level...ie hes not good but the manner in which he was dismantled was impressive...

As for the puncher discussion...its futile...the point is this...Porter is no featherfist which is what you are trying to state...

Ie its a poor formula - Porter couldnt knock out Diaz thus he has no power...cos you get simplistic responses like he knocked out Malignaggi...Im responding to a poorly constructed argument using your own weak criteria...its like me saying Maidana is featherfisted cos he didnt stop Morales...

Fact is Porter is no Randall Bailey...but he has more than respectable power and doesnt win via one punch KO power but through pressure and volume...

He does however punch a lot harder than Alexander, Malignaggi or Bradley...

Kell isnt a 'big' puncher either...he relies on timing and accuracy...Kell didn't beat Porter cos of his chin which no-one has stated...but cos he outboxed him...

You're making some strawman argument at present by trying to present Brook as avoiding the big punchers...are you gonna make the same argument if he fights JMM?...

Is 'Brook is ducking Thurman' the new claim...

Who is Amir fighting next btw?...

Broner called out Khan, Khan wants the fight.

No way is Brook going to fight Thurman next Hearn and Brook don't want it.

Marquez is not going to fight Brook, you think Marquez would come to Sheffield to fight him? In fact Nacho wants him to retire.

I never stated Porter is feather fisted but he is not a puncher Brook hasn't fought a single puncher his whole career Khan has.

Brook wants to do what Khan is being accused of doing i. e fight the easiest fight for the most possible money with the least risk, which for him is a chinny feather fisted Khan.

Broner called out Khan, Khan wants the fight.

No way is Brook going to fight Thurman next Hearn and Brook don't want it.

Marquez is not going to fight Brook, you think Marquez would come to Sheffield to fight him? In fact Nacho wants him to retire.

I never stated Porter is feather fisted but he is not a puncher Brook hasn't fought a single puncher his whole career Khan has.

Brook wants to do what Khan is being accused of doing i. e fight the easiest fight for the most possible money with the least risk, which for him is a chinny feather fisted Khan.

Khan is actually a money fight for Brook...it makes perfect sense does it not?...beating Khan is easier than fighting Thurman or Bradley and is more financially lucrative...it would be stupid of him to not target Khan...

Who do you think Thurman would fight given the choice of Khan or Brook?...

If these two fight its cos they couldn't land Khan...and its a very good fight which i would like to see...

This notion that Kell cherrypicked Porter cos he isnt a puncher is ludicrous...your big puncher points are nothing points frankly...

As for Khan its amusing how silent his fans are over a possible Broner/Algieri fight...can Khan focus on fighting welterweights :)...

Khan is actually a money fight for Brook...it makes perfect sense does it not?...beating Khan is easier than fighting Thurman or Bradley and is more financially lucrative...it would be stupid of him to not target Khan...

Who do you think Thurman would fight given the choice of Khan or Brook?...

If these two fight its cos they couldn't land Khan...and its a very good fight which i would like to see...

This notion that Kell cherrypicked Porter cos he isnt a puncher is ludicrous...your big puncher points are nothing points frankly...

As for Khan its amusing how silent his fans are over a possible Broner/Algieri fight...can Khan focus on fighting welterweights :)...

Khan is very wary to fight punchers since Garcia though Kell Brook has not fought a single puncher his whole career and he has been a pro for around a decade. why is that? Is it because he has been carefully managed and still wants to be?

Khan has stated in the past well before Brook beat Porter that he will not deal with the Hearns.

I agree the Algieri fight is crap, though Hearn is the only one who has mentioned it, Also at what weight was Algieri's previous fight?

Broner called out Khan, I don't mind that fight, Khan also called out Bradley who said no and Cotto too lol who also mentioned Khan is a possibility.

I agree they want to fight Khan because its an easy fight though unlike Brook Thurman is willing to fight every one including punchers like Maidana.

Amir khan as per usual is full of crap, So brook should fight thurman to prove himself?

So why is khan avoiding thurman? maybe he doesnt want his glass jaw broken! Khan would rather fight light punch chris allgerie! typical 2nd rate tomato can selection from Khan if its true!

I hope brook does actually fight thurman as it would be a good scrap

Back