Did Javed Miandad's political affiliation cause more damage to his stardom?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Was having discussion with my uncles today on past cricketers and i asked that while alot of seniors accept Javed Miandad and Asif Iqbal as great batters, but why Miandad never got the stardom that Imran and Wasim got.

I was told that it was his association with MQM that was often critisized by people and not liked and that his stardom was than limited because of this.

When you watch the 1992 WC final all you see is MQM flags. I doubt back in those days it had a negative effect.

I may be wrong but the real crackdown on MQM was 93 onwards by which time Javed had solidified his place in the history of Pak cricket.

I don't know how strong his link was but I've never personally really associated Miandad and MQM.

When you watch the 1992 WC final all you see is MQM flags. I doubt back in those days it had a negative effect.

I may be wrong but the real crackdown on MQM was 93 onwards by which time Javed had solidified his place in the history of Pak cricket.

I don't know how strong his link was but I've never personally really associated Miandad and MQM.
but he wasnt remembered or made into a star like Akram and Imran were.

So just curious that how much of an influence did his political affiliation had on him.

Like, Miandad was the best Batsman Pakistan ever produced before Babar came along, yet he is not remembered as one, especially today.

Seniors that do remember him, consider no one better than him in Pakistani batters

No one gave a damn about MQM. And no one ever really discussed about Miandad and MQM!

If there was anything, there was a little bit of Karachi vs Lahore regional little battles, but nothing major.

Honestly, not everything is a drama. Javed was an abrasive character. There were the usual self loathers who didn’t like his appearance (much like they are with sarfraz) how he spoke English or got under the skin of the opposition or talked too much. Those usual self haters were waiting for him to mess up, but he shut them all up with his bat.

Apart from that fringe group of wannabes, he was loved all over Pakistan

Who honestly cares? Why is this even a question?

Yes, agreed. Also IMO the style factor was missing, Miandad didnt have the style that youngsters wanted to replicate. Much like Kallis, Razzaq etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Javed is a lightweight name. He's still one of the greats of the game and genuine Cricket lovers rate him very highly.

Just because he wasn't the like Imran doesn't mean he did not had his own stardom.

So just curious that how much of an influence did his political affiliation had on him.

Like, Miandad was the best Batsman Pakistan ever produced before Babar came along, yet he is not remembered as one, especially today.

Seniors that do remember him, consider no one better than him in Pakistani batters
I think that was maybe down to his own personality but overall I think he is one of the most popular cricketers Pakistan has produced.

He is up there in the fans eyes with Imran and Akram but perhaps they had more media savvy and marketability from a non cricketing perspective.

I don't think many people judge him on his politics at all.

I don't think Javed is a lightweight name. He's still one of the greats of the game and genuine Cricket lovers rate him very highly.

Just because he wasn't like Imran doesn't mean he did not had his own stardom.
Very true and the new generation don’t even know much about Imran khans cricket either. They either talk about his captaincy or 1992 or some other commercial nonsense.

Imran and Javed were both serious cricketers respected the world over and those who watched them hold them in high esteem and always will.

You're really reaching here.

It was more to do with Imran and Wasim being more polished and marketable in international markets and Miandad just being comfortable in his own skin, speaking Urdu as opposed to English, and not seeing the need to venture outside of the Desi circle of fame.

As for remembering him for his cricket, don't know what you're on about - he is almost certainly remembered as one of the best batsman Pak ever produced. Only other names that come close are maybe Younis in Tests due to his run tally and Saeed Anwar in ODIs but even then I'd say Miandad was a cut above due to the teams and the era he played in.

Miandad is seen as ATG players all over world by most fans. In stature, he comes behind IK/Wasim but nothing to do with domestic politics. He was behind Wasim/IK as a player.

Top 3 players from Pakistan,

Wasim
IK

Miandad

I put gap intentionally. Just to make it more clear, Miandad will never be in contention for a spot in all time world XI but Wasim and IK will be in contention. So there ws a gap as player and it had nothing to do with politics.

Miandad in test is, in odi it's saeed Anwar.

But saeed is even less popular.

It has nothing to do with MQM, The people you're talking about like wasim akram stayed in cricket, be incommentary or management roles.

Heck even Ramiz Raja Is now more popular then multiple cricketers like zaheer abass or aamer sohail and that's because many of them left with them only giving interviews once in a blue moon while the others are relaihing in social media.

Remember miandad is an entire generation before The likes of wasim akram. When wasim and waqar retired they were still young aka 30+ and the social media boom of My space, Facebook, Friendster was starting while Javed Miandad obviously can't ever achieve that level of fame because he isn't accustomed to the modern era.

Imran Khan is an exception but again that's because he's was the PM, he's was the wc captain and actual hitmem Tey to snipe him lol.

One left cricket for good, The other became a political figure ans the 2nd one a famous commentor amd analyst in the world of cricket.

It's like saying why is Taylor swift more famous then Ivan the terrible? One turned Russia into an empire an the other is a singer?

Like bhai one guy has been dead for over 600 years? Kya baat kar rahei ho.

One person left cricket and gives his opinions on the team once in a blue moon while the other 2 wasim and imran became political figures + Famous commentators in the world of cricket.

Seriously?

Bro you have lost it when you said this Like, Miandad was the best Batsman Pakistan ever produced before Babar came along

You cant actually be serious. Unless you're looking at cricinfo where imad wwasimhas an odi avg of 44 and strike rate 110, and Ryan ten doeshant is the best odi batter of all time, No way in hell is babar even top 10.

Ijaz Ahmed was pakiatan's former no 3, he isn't even an atg batter and wasn't close to the Likes of Anwar, Miandad etc, however henwas one of Pakistan's best player overseas, especially in aussie conditons.

Infact west indies, England and Australia were his favorite teams where he use to average 50 against them In test and this was back in the 80's where these 3 were the 3 best teams in the world.

His 115 of 160 against australia in aussie conditions was amongst the best test innings I've ever watched with aussie greats including mcgrath and Warne bowling.

Similarly his 84 ball 139 againat India in 1997 in lahore was amougst the greatest innings againat an Indian attack that I have ever seen.

Compare that to our current no 3/4 in test ?.

Babar's best odi innings againat nz doesn't hold a candle to the 100's that ijaz has achieved, and in test their not even comparable by any metric. Ijaz always had Australia's no in test rven if australia generally thurbbed pakistan left and right, Ijaz was the one they feared the most.

Babar isn't even the best no 3, that will never be the case as long as Ijaz and Zaheer are around. Claiming he's 2nd best after miandad is hilarious.

Seriously?
Pakistani batsmen who are superior to Babar.

1) Ijaz Ahmed (50 avg against australia, England and 80 to 90's west indies in their own home den), butchered India in odi in lahore.

2) Inzimam (One of the most clutch players of Pace, His biggest issue was switching off in icc tournaments, however he was the main reason pakistan maintained dominance over india in odi, and his world cup innings is goated. He came in a situation where pakistan needed 100 of 12 overs IN THE FREAKING 1990'S, where the old ball would reverse swing like crazy.)

3) Zaheer Abass (Unbelievable good in Asian conditons, Only chance to get his out was qith Pace. Againast spinners, don't even freaking bother bowl spin to him, Dude was true to his name, the Asian bradman against spin, watch his past games, his eye hand coordination on being able to read close to 5 to 6 different types of legspin is unmatched.)

4) Saeed Anwar (If you ever wanted a consistent Fakhar Zaman, this guy is your king, I'll never forget the thrashing he gave to india repeatedly left and right. And his wrist play against spinners was unmatched. Key thing about saeed was his lofted stroke ability, whereas every player in pakistan atm lacks the ability for lofted strokes, Even falhar lacks it a bit since he mostly attempts to slog left and right.)

5) Mohammad yousaf, the literal king of backlift, especially in 2006, In 2006 he was basically a nightmare to face. The insane thing is his match winning ability.

Put of his 15 100's in odi, 14 of them have resulted in wins for pakistan, only one loss against australia and in 10 of those centuries he remained not out. He came and conquered and took his side home on 10 out of 15 occasions, was the pure definition of a match winner.

6) Hanif Mohammad (I'm putting him here but truth be told I haven't seen him play, but his reputation speaks for itself)

7) Younis Khan (In test it isn't even a competition, in odi it's debatable, Babar has been more consistent then younis but every single one of Younis's centuries resulted In wins for pakistan (with the exception of 2014 NZ cause he was a corpse at that time), and I'll never forget his clutch centuries against India especially his 123 not out master class in 2008 that resulted in a brutal win for pakistan. (What's babar's record agaiant india again? What was his record againat 2018 b team india in asia cup?)

8) Saleem Malik (No one on pakistan read wrist spin better then he did, his legacy is tainted due to match fixing, but in terms of being a better batter, Babar can't read any form of spin properly to begin with)

9) Fakhar Zaman (He's more inconsistent then Babar, but his peak surpasses Babar by miles in any format, no question, played multiple atg innings)

10) Aamer sohail: His fighting test century in karachi 1998 and his highest partnership qith inzi in 1994 blow Babar azam out of the water.

Another batter who's > Babar is haris sohail but he didn't play and represent much and had knee injuries but overall he's better?

Seriously who is Babar better then? Misbah? Sham masood? Ahmed Shehzad(who's still better in test and in t20 cups haha), yasir hammed? Imran Farhat?

^^ Kis ka King hai bhai?

Mindad is an ATG from Pakistan. The WOrld knows him. Yeah, he is not attracting as much limelight as Imran or wasim but it is not because of any political affiliation. It was because the latter 2 did much more than just playing cricket. They stayed in the limelight of media and commentating. Minadad was not a commentator nor he sit on TV shows etc.

Mindad is an ATG from Pakistan. The WOrld knows him. Yeah, he is not attracting as much limelight as Imran or wasim but it is not because of any political affiliation. It was because the latter 2 did much more than just playing cricket. They stayed in the limelight of media and commentating. Minadad was not a commentator nor he sit on TV shows etc.
Theirs no such thing as pakistani atg, it's a made up term used to justify kedicore cricketers being legends. Ryan ten doeshant is a nedtherlands atg.

Miandad however is an atg plain and simple

1) Ijaz Ahmed (50 avg against australia, England and 80 to 90's west indies in their own home den), butchered India in odi in lahore.

2) Inzimam (One of the most clutch players of Pace, His biggest issue was switching off in icc tournaments, however he was the main reason pakistan maintained dominance over india in odi, and his world cup innings is goated. He came in a situation where pakistan needed 100 of 12 overs IN THE FREAKING 1990'S, where the old ball would reverse swing like crazy.)

3) Zaheer Abass (Unbelievable good in Asian conditons, Only chance to get his out was qith Pace. Againast spinners, don't even freaking bother bowl spin to him, Dude was true to his name, the Asian bradman against spin, watch his past games, his eye hand coordination on being able to read close to 5 to 6 different types of legspin is unmatched.)

4) Saeed Anwar (If you ever wanted a consistent Fakhar Zaman, this guy is your king, I'll never forget the thrashing he gave to india repeatedly left and right. And his wrist play against spinners was unmatched. Key thing about saeed was his lofted stroke ability, whereas every player in pakistan atm lacks the ability for lofted strokes, Even falhar lacks it a bit since he mostly attempts to slog left and right.)

5) Mohammad yousaf, the literal king of backlift, especially in 2006, In 2006 he was basically a nightmare to face. The insane thing is his match winning ability.

Put of his 15 100's in odi, 14 of them have resulted in wins for pakistan, only one loss against australia and in 10 of those centuries he remained not out. He came and conquered and took his side home on 10 out of 15 occasions, was the pure definition of a match winner.

6) Hanif Mohammad (I'm putting him here but truth be told I haven't seen him play, but his reputation speaks for itself)

7) Younis Khan (In test it isn't even a competition, in odi it's debatable, Babar has been more consistent then younis but every single one of Younis's centuries resulted In wins for pakistan (with the exception of 2014 NZ cause he was a corpse at that time), and I'll never forget his clutch centuries against India especially his 123 not out master class in 2008 that resulted in a brutal win for pakistan. (What's babar's record agaiant india again? What was his record againat 2018 b team india in asia cup?)

8) Saleem Malik (No one on pakistan read wrist spin better then he did, his legacy is tainted due to match fixing, but in terms of being a better batter, Babar can't read any form of spin properly to begin with)

9) Fakhar Zaman (He's more inconsistent then Babar, but his peak surpasses Babar by miles in any format, no question, played multiple atg innings)

10) Aamer sohail: His fighting test century in karachi 1998 and his highest partnership qith inzi in 1994 blow Babar azam out of the water.

Another batter who's > Babar is haris sohail but he didn't play and represent much and had knee injuries but overall he's better?

Seriously who is Babar better then? Misbah? Sham masood? Ahmed Shehzad(who's still better in test and in t20 cups haha), yasir hammed? Imran Farhat?

^^ Kis ka King hai bhai?
Oh and obviously don't forget miandad, he's also easily on this list.

Theirs no such thing as pakistani atg, it's a made up term used to justify kedicore cricketers being legends. Ryan ten doeshant is a nedtherlands atg.

Miandad however is an atg plain and simple
Yeah, he is the ATG from Pakistan but to make him ATG in the world, people might debate about this thing. But yeah, he was a GOAT player.

Yeah, he is the ATG from Pakistan but to make him ATG in the world, people might debate about this thing. But yeah, he was a GOAT player.
Their different tiers of ATG's.

Obviously the likes of Anwar, Miandad, Sehwag, Gilchrist are not in realm of Sachin, Pointing, Viv Richards etc.

But it doesn't detract them from being ATG status.

Miandad was a proper surgeon on bad wickets. He was the person that Misbah fans are desperately trying to portray misbah to be. Miandad was a true saviour in bad situations and recovered the team and ensured a bottle job doesn't happen. Ik this because I've gone and seen past highlights and full games while others are relying on cricinfo and folklore narratives.

The feats that Miandad pulled off are enough to justify atg status. Sometimes it is not about 200's to lara 400's etc. Vvs laxman isn't exactly known for statistical prowess but his impact innings are 2nd to none and he also gets atg status bit stats won't tell you that because the stats will shoe he doesn't exactly have the century numbers.

^^ Kis ka King hai bhai?
Wanna add more onto this.

Yousaf's 15 odi centuries, 14 of them led to pakistan winning and in 10 of those games he remained not out.

All of babar's centuries cone against West Indies (5 centuries against them), 2 centuries against Zimbabwe, 1 against Nepal, 2 against NZ (One of those was c team NZ on pindi), 3 of them against C side sri lanka. And 3 of them of them against australia with 2 of them being C sides.

Overall the only time Babar faced a full strength side was

1) Once century in 2019 against NZ

2) One century against sa overseas in 2021

3) One century against australia overseas in 2017 which resulted in pakistan losing

4) and 2 centuries against England where pakistan lost both games.

5 centuries only against full strength sides which resulted in pakistan losing 3 games, almost losing the game against NZ is if wasn't for Haris sohail and almost losing the game against Sputh Africa if it wasn't for faheem ashraf playing the last over Hahahahahagag.

And people call him the king, What a fraud.

5 centuries against full strength sides only, 3 losses and he's lucky beyond belief faheem ashraf and haris sohail didn't botch it.

But according to some he's the 2nd best batter In pakistan after miandad, Hahahahahahababa.

WHat does babar have to do anything with this thread???

MIANDAD and MQM???

WHat does babar have to do anything with this thread???

MIANDAD and MQM???
Miandad's best innings was in 1986 against India in the Final.

Pakistan were done Duated and cooked and them miandad came in and played a complete blinder one that would make abdul razzaq and fakhar zaman blush in jealously.

That 119 was gun and to this day Indians haven't recovered from it, Gone so far as to hide miandad ampung legends.

But that day he made India cry and it has not left them, they are still suffering.

The likes of Babar or anyone else in pakistan playing such an innings is hilarious beyond belief

Sorry bro, I won't mention babar again, but it is my duty to protect legends and past respect for miandad a true hero for pakistan.

I cannot have anyone tarnish his legacy by people mentioning Babar, Rizwan, Misbah or anyone in the current lot including fakhar infront of him.

Miandad was the saviour, and I am his protector from the current narrative overhyped lot.

MIANDAD ZINDABADDDDDDDDD

Miandad from 1989 to 1993 averaged a shocking 31 runs. He then used his political connections to get into the 1996 WC squad when he was a shot batsman. He ruined his legacy with the manner his career ended not to mention his disastrous coaching stints and roles in the PCB.

Miandad from 1989 to 1993 averaged a shocking 31 runs. He then used his political connections to get into the 1996 WC squad when he was a shot batsman. He ruined his legacy with the manner his career ended not to mention his disastrous coaching stints and roles in the PCB.
By political connections you mean MQM or just the govt that was in power of ppp/pmln?

Because many say he was not required to play the 1996 world cup

He doesn't get talked about that much. He is remembered as a side note, and in recent years he has only been remembered because he was mentioned quite a few times by Indian cricketers on the Kapil show, and that too for his personality of not taking nonsense from anyone.

He doesn't get talked about that much. He is remembered as a side note, and in recent years he has only been remembered because he was mentioned quite a few times by Indian cricketers on the Kapil show, and that too for his personality of not taking nonsense from anyone.
Maybe because his legacy is tainted by people claiming his 2nd is Babar azam. Probably being viewed as a joke now.

How much of it is because he was a batsman, and Pakistan tend to like bowlers more?

How much of it is because he was a batsman, and Pakistan tend to like bowlers more?

He is remembered just like he should be. He’s a great batsmen and probably the best ever from Pakistan.

However, he wasn’t as great a player like Wasim, IK who were also marketable. Nor was his cricket flashy and pleasing to the eyes like Waqar, Shoaib. So younger generation won’t go on YouTube to watch his cricket the same way they watch Waqar/Shoaibs.

That’s just how evolution in sports work, unless you are the best/trendsetter/flashy you will become remembered as a footnote amongst ATG.

He is remembered just like he should be. He’s a great batsmen and probably the best ever from Pakistan.

However, he wasn’t as great a player like Wasim, IK who were also marketable. Nor was his cricket flashy and pleasing to the eyes like Waqar, Shoaib. So younger generation won’t go on YouTube to watch his cricket the same way they watch Waqar/Shoaibs.

That’s just how evolution in sports work, unless you are the best/trendsetter/flashy you will become remembered as a footnote amongst ATG.
He's not remembered because he didn't stick around. That's how life works.

Imran Khan is a political figure who is currently the most polarising man in pakistan? And wasim akram is seen at every cup? We always see him in commentary or live on the pitch or heck even in those Aik dhuli challenge washing powder ads?

Miandad has been a ghost for years now? Only commenting once in maybe 5 to 6 years on twitter about the situation.

Why would he have the same level of popularity.

From now on I’m going to remember Ricky Ponting for his love for Fishing…

He would have been a global superstar had he chosen to love F1 instead of Fishing

Imran and Wasim were considered to be better looking and more charismatic - as was Afridi .

And there were even threads back in the day where posters would gush over the looks of certain PAK cricketers.

I think this is or at least was important for many PAK fans .

Miandad naturally missed out.

Imran and Wasim were considered to be better looking and more charismatic - as was Afridi .

And there were even threads back in the day where posters would gush over the looks of certain PAK cricketers.

I think this is or at least was important for many PAK fans .

Miandad naturally missed out.
In those days we had equal team to India but pacier bowlers, more handsome players, more flair and more untapped talent.

Now in tandem with our cricketing decline there has been a decline in height, looks, flair and talent.

I can stomach the cricketing decline but it's a true shame that now people think Indians are better looking and pacier bowlers.

In those days we had equal team to India but pacier bowlers, more handsome players, more flair and more untapped talent.

Now in tandem with our cricketing decline there has been a decline in height, looks, flair and talent.

I can stomach the cricketing decline but it's a true shame that now people think Indians are better looking and pacier bowlers.
Probably why fanbase has declined and no fans in the stadium as well. PAK fans, even the male ones, need :sa type lookers to throng cricket venues in numbers.

Bro you have lost it when you said this Like, Miandad was the best Batsman Pakistan ever produced before Babar came along

You cant actually be serious. Unless you're looking at cricinfo where imad wwasimhas an odi avg of 44 and strike rate 110, and Ryan ten doeshant is the best odi batter of all time, No way in hell is babar even top 10.

Ijaz Ahmed was pakiatan's former no 3, he isn't even an atg batter and wasn't close to the Likes of Anwar, Miandad etc, however henwas one of Pakistan's best player overseas, especially in aussie conditons.

Infact west indies, England and Australia were his favorite teams where he use to average 50 against them In test and this was back in the 80's where these 3 were the 3 best teams in the world.

His 115 of 160 against australia in aussie conditions was amongst the best test innings I've ever watched with aussie greats including mcgrath and Warne bowling.

Similarly his 84 ball 139 againat India in 1997 in lahore was amougst the greatest innings againat an Indian attack that I have ever seen.

Compare that to our current no 3/4 in test ?.

Babar's best odi innings againat nz doesn't hold a candle to the 100's that ijaz has achieved, and in test their not even comparable by any metric. Ijaz always had Australia's no in test rven if australia generally thurbbed pakistan left and right, Ijaz was the one they feared the most.

Babar isn't even the best no 3, that will never be the case as long as Ijaz and Zaheer are around. Claiming he's 2nd best after miandad is hilarious.
He is claiming that Babar is the best batsman produced by Pakistan and that's why Miandad was pushed down to second best after Babar came.

Oh balle, that makes it even worse 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Genuinely speaking, this statement made me lose it to such an extent that I can't even comprehend the sentence properly.

This whole time I've been thinking he's claiming Babar is the 2nd best after miandad so I made a list of comparisons with ijaz, yousaf, saeed Anwar, inzi and miandad himself.

But he actually said Babar is superior. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I just can't, I actually can't stop laughing. I'm gonna have a heart attack. I am actually going to die from laughter. Not even metaphorically, literally 🤣🤣

Could be true aswell.

In pakistan we admire bowlers more than batters. Like Akhtar has a strong cult following even though his numbers are far from those of top bowlers.

But than again, this point can also be refuted by inzamam's reputation. I think when it comes to batters, inzamam has the biggest reputation from Pakistan, and he was admired alot by Indian cricketers aswell.

Still, while Miandads six is talked about his career isnt talked about that much. No one has really shared much reason for this.

@Junaids can add on this

If being related to Dawood by choice doesn’t cause issues to his stardom MQM relation shouldn’t cause any issue.

True definition of putting himself above his team. Plenty of former Pak players including Basit Ali have confirmed what you have said. Then Pakistani fans complain why their players these days put themselves ahead of their team. You learn from your elders.​

True definition of putting himself above his team. Plenty of former Pak players including Basit Ali have confirmed what you have said. Then Pakistani fans complain why their players these days put themselves ahead of their team. You learn from your elders.​
Yk also did this in 2015, when he demanded to come back into the team. And got back in on that crapola 2014 century he made agaiant nz which resulted in a loss anyway. That innings was worse then even your standard misbah innings.

It was clear as day dude was a corpse in whiteball but he wanted glory which he didn't even achieve as he was a footnote in wc 2015 in his own team? When the standards weren't even high considering nasir jamshed and Ahmed shehzad were your openers lol.

He's not remembered because he didn't stick around. That's how life works.

Imran Khan is a political figure who is currently the most polarising man in pakistan? And wasim akram is seen at every cup? We always see him in commentary or live on the pitch or heck even in those Aik dhuli challenge washing powder ads?

Miandad has been a ghost for years now? Only commenting once in maybe 5 to 6 years on twitter about the situation.

Why would he have the same level of popularity.

You are confusing and mixing two different aspects.

IK and Wasim are different class of players and were really popular during their height of playing career. IK was literally like a Hollywood celebrity and Wasim was the most flamboyant fast bowler the world has ever seen.
Miandad even during the height of his popularity couldn’t compete with IK or Wasim’s. He just wasn’t as a good a player nor popular.

It’s like Sachin, he has led a fairly quiet life after retiring, however, he is still remembered more fondly, is more popular than someone like Sehwag who is active everyday. That’s just because Sachin and Sehwag were in different stratosphere in terms of popularity and cricket abilities, just like how IK/Wasim were compared to Miandad.

Anyone who compares IK/Wasim with Miandad lacks common sense.

Miandads popularity should be compared against players like Waqar, Inzi, Shoaib etc whose popularity was similar to Miandad and cricketing abilities were also somewhat similar, though miandad might pip these guys in terms of cricketing abilities but it’s still close compared to the gap he has with IK/Wasim.

With time Miandads popularity will continue to decline compared to Waqar, Shoaib etc because he wasn’t flamboyant and the next generation of kids will still watch YouTube videos of Waqar, Shoaib etc but not of Miandad.
That’s just how the world works. Give it 40-50 years from now and Dravid/Ganguly won’t be remembered as fondly as someone like Sehwag/Rohit, since those generations won’t watch Dravid/Ganguly batting but will watch Sehwag/Rohit style.
(Even though Ganguly was a beast on off side and one of the best six hitters against off spinners).

Miandad was a terriric batter but also notorious as a very abrasive character who was forever scheming & backstabbing others. He was known to be problematic character in the dressing room

1 thing u notice. Many Pakistani cricketers talk effusively about Imran Khan , like Wasim ,Waqar, Ramiz, Shoaib Akhtar , Inzy , Aaquib Javed but nobody says good thing about Miandad even though Miandad has a long coaching career. To make worse he was sacked as coach due to player revolts. In fact some like Shoaib Akhtar openly disrespected him in public

When current & ex players talk effusively about any player - it increases his aura & legacy- like Imran or Rahul Dravid. Conversely when nobody talks about u or talk about in mostly negative terms - then its diminishes his legacy. That's what happened to Miandad

You are confusing and mixing two different aspects.

IK and Wasim are different class of players and were really popular during their height of playing career. IK was literally like a Hollywood celebrity and Wasim was the most flamboyant fast bowler the world has ever seen.
Miandad even during the height of his popularity couldn’t compete with IK or Wasim’s. He just wasn’t as a good a player nor popular.

It’s like Sachin, he has led a fairly quiet life after retiring, however, he is still remembered more fondly, is more popular than someone like Sehwag who is active everyday. That’s just because Sachin and Sehwag were in different stratosphere in terms of popularity and cricket abilities, just like how IK/Wasim were compared to Miandad.

Anyone who compares IK/Wasim with Miandad lacks common sense.

Miandads popularity should be compared against players like Waqar, Inzi, Shoaib etc whose popularity was similar to Miandad and cricketing abilities were also somewhat similar, though miandad might pip these guys in terms of cricketing abilities but it’s still close compared to the gap he has with IK/Wasim.

With time Miandads popularity will continue to decline compared to Waqar, Shoaib etc because he wasn’t flamboyant and the next generation of kids will still watch YouTube videos of Waqar, Shoaib etc but not of Miandad.
That’s just how the world works. Give it 40-50 years from now and Dravid/Ganguly won’t be remembered as fondly as someone like Sehwag/Rohit, since those generations won’t watch Dravid/Ganguly batting but will watch Sehwag/Rohit style.
(Even though Ganguly was a beast on off side and one of the best six hitters against off spinners).
Firstly Miandad and wasim akram are not from the same era. Wasim is the next gen where odi became extremly mainstream especially classic Australia in 1996 and 1999 with the likes of gilchrist changing the genre, alongside jaysuria and many others.

Their was more interest at the time.

As for Imran Khan, I guarantee you he wasnt more popular then Miandad until capatiancy and 1992 where he won it, He got the popularity tag due to being a captain and it being Pakistan's 1st ever and only ever world cup win in crickets most prestigious cup, And since then his legend as a cricketer has grown primarily due to pakistan never winning another cup again. Imran Khan is known for being Pakistan's most succesful captain in terms of wins even in bi laterals. The irony is that ik alot of people who don't remember much of Imran Khan as an allrounder.

So many people don't ever mention how good Imran was a cricketer even though he was Pakistan's 2nd best pacer ever, after wasim akram.

As for Sachin, Sachin is a massive Outlier in virtually everything related to him. Firstly he's from a 1.3B population and secondly theirs a huge difference from being the greatest batsmen a country has ever produced to being regarded as the best batter of all time even by the goat Don Bradman himself.

Sachin isn't a good metric to compare bro since he's an outlier in everything, aka a 16 year prodigy who never declined and maintained dominance till his retirement, whereas miandad dominance ended around 1989 and it got tarnished in 1996 cause he played as a virtual corpse of a cricketer and a shell of his former self at the time.

As for Imran Khan, I guarantee you he wasnt more popular then Miandad until capatiancy and 1992 where he won it, He got the popularity tag due to being a captain and it being Pakistan's 1st ever and only ever world cup win in crickets most prestigious cup, And since then his legend as a cricketer has grown primarily due to pakistan never winning another cup again. Imran Khan is known for being Pakistan's most succesful captain in terms of wins even in bi laterals. The irony is that ik alot of people who don't remember much of Imran Khan as an allrounder.

Considering you have stated in other posts that you have started following cricket only since post 2011, how do you know all this? :afridi

Miandad was a terriric batter but also notorious as a very abrasive character who was forever scheming & backstabbing others. He was known to be problematic character in the dressing room

1 thing u notice. Many Pakistani cricketers talk effusively about Imran Khan , like Wasim ,Waqar, Ramiz, Shoaib Akhtar , Inzy , Aaquib Javed but nobody says good thing about Miandad even though Miandad has a long coaching career. To make worse he was sacked as coach due to player revolts. In fact some like Shoaib Akhtar openly disrespected him in public

When current & ex players talk effusively about any player - it increases his aura & legacy- like Imran or Rahul Dravid. Conversely when nobody talks about u or talk about in mostly negative terms - then its diminishes his legacy. That's what happened to Miandad
I don’t think this is quite true - wasim talks very highly of Miandad.

And talking in glowing terms about an ex cricketer is in itself not an endorsement of their popularity with the fan base. Everyone speaks glowingly about Saeed Anwar, but because he has kept a low profile his name doesn’t always crop up.

Imran’s name transcends cricket - now of course due to his political career, but even in his playing days due to women around the world being crazy about him and men trying to copy his style.

Wasim again had the Imran style flamboyance - definitely not on Imran’s level, but he has stayed in the media as commentator, chat show host in paks and he’s also very popular in India because he feeds their ego and knows how to play them. Similar thing with shoaib.

Miandad was his own man. He played cricket on his own terms, dealt with the opposition on his own terms. He doesn’t need validation from Gen Z political analysts. MQM for crying out loud 🤪

Javed Miandad is an undisputed ATG and huge star on the world stage.

But he is crude and narcissistic. He was very popular among masses especially in India, he was opposite of ATGs like Dravid and Sanga. Many PPers go like I really like Dravid blah blah he is such a nice bloke lol. Some players run this risk like Kohli, few critics don't like his on field antics and grudgingly underrate his greatness.

Miandad was lucky he played in 80s and 90s. His popularity would be lowest after 2010s as he would be scrutinized wayyyy more due to social media and need for political correctness.

Miandad is your uncle who is not sophisticated and full of himself, you get second hand embarrassment. This uncle is loved by people who do menial jobs. They find him relatable. Sehwag is bit like Miandad, extremely talented but makes you cringe.

Very few cricketers strike the right balance, Gavaskar was one. On one hand he is articulate and polished with amazing sense of humour, he could be a mawaali type Bumbaii ka launda on the other side.

Some people are just more intelligent like VVS, Bumrah. They know their greatness but know how to conduct themselves.

Misbah and Azhar Ali were mediocre but very likeable.

Considering you have stated in other posts that you have started following cricket only since post 2011, how do you know all this? :afridi

Javed Miandad is an undisputed ATG and huge star on the world stage.

But he is crude and narcissistic. He was very popular among masses especially in India, he was opposite of ATGs like Dravid and Sanga. Many PPers go like I really like Dravid blah blah he is such a nice bloke lol. Some players run this risk like Kohli, few critics don't like his on field antics and grudgingly underrate his greatness.

Miandad was lucky he played in 80s and 90s. His popularity would be lowest after 2010s as he would be scrutinized wayyyy more due to social media and need for political correctness.

Miandad is your uncle who is not sophisticated and full of himself, you get second hand embarrassment. This uncle is loved by people who do menial jobs. They find him relatable. Sehwag is bit like Miandad, extremely talented but makes you cringe.

Very few cricketers strike the right balance, Gavaskar was one. On one hand he is articulate and polished with amazing sense of humour, he could be a mawaali type Bumbaii ka launda on the other side.

Some people are just more intelligent like VVS, Bumrah. They know their greatness but know how to conduct themselves.

Misbah and Azhar Ali were mediocre but very likeable.
I find it interesting how you said miandad is someone who is like by people with menial jobs cause they can relate.

And all my life, especially since club cricket days, it was such oldies that liked miandad.

But miandad has just become a footnote and is not really remembered.

What kind of nonsense is this “only liked by people with menial jobs”. I mean seriously, this desi mentality is so dated. Move with the times guys. You kids are the ones who are supposed to be more “enlightened”!

Miandad is only a footnote for casuals. So yes, if you’re a gen Z casual cricket fan, that may apply.

Miandad should have retired alongside Imran after the 1992 ODI WC. He would have retired on a high and his standing in Pakistan Cricket would have been just as high.

By the end of 1993 towards the end of Wasims captaincy, Wasim himself started to publically question Miandads place in the team.

Wanna add more onto this.

Yousaf's 15 odi centuries, 14 of them led to pakistan winning and in 10 of those games he remained not out.

All of babar's centuries cone against West Indies (5 centuries against them), 2 centuries against Zimbabwe, 1 against Nepal, 2 against NZ (One of those was c team NZ on pindi), 3 of them against C side sri lanka. And 3 of them of them against australia with 2 of them being C sides.

Overall the only time Babar faced a full strength side was

1) Once century in 2019 against NZ

2) One century against sa overseas in 2021

3) One century against australia overseas in 2017 which resulted in pakistan losing

4) and 2 centuries against England where pakistan lost both games.

5 centuries only against full strength sides which resulted in pakistan losing 3 games, almost losing the game against NZ is if wasn't for Haris sohail and almost losing the game against Sputh Africa if it wasn't for faheem ashraf playing the last over Hahahahahagag.

And people call him the king, What a fraud.

5 centuries against full strength sides only, 3 losses and he's lucky beyond belief faheem ashraf and haris sohail didn't botch it.

But according to some he's the 2nd best batter In pakistan after miandad, Hahahahahahababa.
Some achievments of Babar till date.

1. Highest run scorer of T20 WC 2021

2. Sir Garfield Sobers ICC Cricketer of the year 2022.

3. ODI cricketer of the year 2021

4. Captain of the team T20WC 2021 that won 5/6 games including thrashing India

5. Won 2 T20 trophies (KK, ISLU)

6. 473 runs in an 8 innings the grandest stage of them all. ICC WC. the likes of smiths and kohlis tried thrice, never even came close. (not to forget it was Babar's first WC)

7. Player of the tournament when KK lifted the trophy

8. Highest run scorer in PSL all-tome

9. 10 T20 tons, yep that's right.

10. 2x international tons while sucessfully chasing target of 200+ in T20Is both vs SENA countries

Now talking about his pressure match-winning knocks

1. Stood firm in a D/L chase against SA at around 30* something - CT '17

2. Stood notout in the SF against Eng around 40* something - CT '17

3. Scored a vital 46 and played accumulator's role to its best in his first ever major final - CT '17

4. Scored 65 against ENG after coming from back from the thrashing WI gave us - WC '19

5. Scored 69 against SA in WC '19

6. Scored undefeated 102* against NZ on a very tricky pitch and a must win game - WC '19

7. Scored run a ball 47 against afghanistan in a must win game - WC '19

8. Scored run a ball 96 in a must win game against BD - WC '19

9. Scored undefeated 69* against india in our first WC win over them - T20 WC '21

10. Scored a matchwinning 50 against afghani spin on a turning track of Sharjah - T20 WC '21

11. Scored 195 against Australia to save a test match. (only naming it because Wisden added it into top 5 match-saving innings ever in the history of cricket)

12. Scored 54 in a WC SF - T20 WC' 22

13. Anchored Fakhar in the 402 run chase against NZ in WC '23

14. Scored ton vs Australia on 70 balls in our highest ever run chase in ODI history

15. Scored back to back tons against Australia to win an ODI series against Australia after 30 years.

I have been watching cricket since 1999, I have seen all the batters and of this and previous generation and I am a huge Younus Khan fan, I rate him as the GOAT test batter for Pak which Babar is yet to achieve but I shall tell you that this guy is special, amongst the very best to ever hold a bat. You may call it fanboism or anything, I don't mind. I lost interest in cricket post 2011 WC and it is due to Babar that made me go crazy for this sport again. I haven't missed a single match that Babar has played, watched them all live. :)

javed miandad was a great batter and there is nothing related to politics that can ruin his stardom. He has his own presence and aura in the cricketing field. We cannot compare him with other players' limelight.

6. 473 runs in an 8 innings the grandest stage of them all. ICC WC. the likes of smiths and kohlis tried thrice, never even came close. (not to forget it was Babar's first WC)

10. 2x international tons while sucessfully chasing target of 200+ in T20Is both vs SENA countries

3. Scored a vital 46 and played accumulator's role to its best in his first ever major final - CT '17

4. Scored 65 against ENG after coming from back from the thrashing WI gave us - WC '19

6. Scored undefeated 102* against NZ on a very tricky pitch and a must win game - WC '19

9. Scored undefeated 69* against india in our first WC win over them - T20 WC '21

10. Scored a matchwinning 50 against afghani spin on a turning track of Sharjah - T20 WC '21

11. Scored 195 against Australia to save a test match. (only naming it because Wisden added it into top 5 match-saving innings ever in the history of cricket)

14. Scored ton vs Australia on 70 balls in our highest ever run chase in ODI history

15. Scored back to back tons against Australia to win an ODI series against Australia after 30 years.

I have been watching cricket since 1999, I have seen all the batters and of this and previous generation and I am a huge Younus Khan fan, I rate him as the GOAT test batter for Pak which Babar is yet to achieve but I shall tell you that this guy is special, amongst the very best to ever hold a bat. You may call it fanboism or anything, I don't mind. I lost interest in cricket post 2011 WC and it is due to Babar that made me go crazy for this sport again. I haven't missed a single match that Babar has played, watched them all live. :)

1) No one cares. He's an opener in a t20 game, openers will naturally have higher scores, do you honestly remember past high scorers in world cups without looking them up?

If someone watched the cups you'd realise why asif was the mvp for pakistan in that tournament from a batting perspective and shaheen from a bowling perspective, Overall it was wade and Marsh for what they did in semi's and finals.

Babar played one good game against India, otherwise against nz and afg he played rubbish, 9 of 11 against NZ, 51 of 47 against Afg at 108 SR which led to pakistan pretty much losing until Asif Ali came along, 39 of 34 against australia which everyone including ramiz raja the man who fan boys Babar azam stating it was a weak innings which may have costed pakistan to be 15 runs short and required fakhsr to bat put of his skin to get Pakistan to a respectable total.

Excluding India game, Babar costed us 3 games and it required others to save and cover up.

2) No one cares. Literally no one lol. Besides you and @Major Who keep pointing that nonsense thing rizwan won.

3) Again no one cares, A Bangladeshi player top scored in 2016 WC and no one gave a kahoot.

4) No one cares, already addressed the whole 2021 thing. Your man has became the 2nd most hated captain in pakistan after shan anyway

5) And Dhoni has won 2007 t20 wc, 2011 WC, 2013 ct, Sarfraz has won ct 2017 and under 19 WC, Waugh, finch, cummings and pointing won everything known to Man etc etc. Imagine comparing a psl trophy and using it as a metric hahahahahaha.

6) Wow awesome, I clearly thought about that when I saw pakistan vs West Indies, pakistan vs Australia and pakistan vs india. I'm sure Warner was thinking about bobby when he was murking pakistan left and right in 2019 hahaha.

7) Again no one gives a kahoot about PSL 🤣🤣, it's a low level league, imagine using a local trophy to justify an international standing.

8-9-10) First look at the crapola bowling and the pitch he was dealing with 🤣🤣.

As for the rest, India and Nz innings are the only ones to gloat about. Imagine praising him for fakhar zaman's moment in 2023 lol.

And gloating about a scoring on pindi against a 3rd class australia lol.

You may call it fanboism or anything, I don't mind. I lost interest in cricket post 2011 WC and it is due to Babar that made me go crazy for this sport again. I haven't missed a single match

This has got to be the height of delusion.

I get you’re a young Pakistan fan. I get you want a Pak player to stand out and be considered “the best” in something. I get that you are willing to put any argument together to prove this. It’s ok.

I was the same with Inzi in the early 90s. Then I grew up.

Miandad should have retired alongside Imran after the 1992 ODI WC. He would have retired on a high and his standing in Pakistan Cricket would have been just as high.

By the end of 1993 towards the end of Wasims captaincy, Wasim himself started to publically question Miandads place in the team.
How did miandad get the 1996 captaincy?

Some of his other great achievements
1. First captain to lose to Afghanistan in ODIs
2. First captain to lose to Zimbabwe in T20 world cups
3. First captain to lose to USA in international cricket
4. Broke our 10 year streak of beating South Africa in ICC events
5. First captain to lose to India by over 200 runs in ODIs
6. First captain to be whitewashed by England at home
7. First captain to lose a home test series vs Australia in 24 years

Regarding his batting achievements
1. Averaged 17 at a strike rate of 93 in the 22 world cup
2. Failed to score a single century in the 2023 world cup
3. Failed to score a single 50 vs Australia in 2024
4. 39 from 34 in the 2021 semi
5. 32 from 28 in the 2022 final
6. 5 in the 22 Asia cup final
7. 29 from 35 in a must win game vs SL in the 23 Asia cup
8. Golden duck vs India 22 WC
9. Single digits vs India 24 WC
10. 9 from 23 vs the US :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
11. Zero man of the series awards in test matches
12. Only 2 away test hundreds

Want me to carry on?

Want me to carry on?
Bro all the things he mentioned I already tore apart in my previous post.

If you factor all of this the blueprint and c sides in

Babar has only ever scored a century against full strength teams 5x in odi.

Once against NZ in 2019

Once against Sa

2x ahainat England

And once against Australia in 2017

3 of these games pakiatan lost badly and the sa game was won by tail enders, Babar made his usual selfish 100, departed in pressure situations and pakistan almost lost that game? It went till the final ball?

It's only the NZ game which was carried by haris sohail attacking and Sarfi playing the winning shot. Babar anchored ans to this day it's his best odi innings, but the KING'S best odi innings is that of anchoring.

If anchoring is your greatest achievement in 8 years, them I'd rather take sarfi's anchoring against sri lanka which he actually had a reason to do cause he was batting with amir and he crossed over into the seni's

Naah, he had plans to humiliate himself against the West Indies in the 1990/91 series averaging a mammoth 7.66 in 3 innings at home, and in the 1992/93 series away from home averaging a herculean 24 in 5 innings. Must like how he excelled against the West Indies all his career averaging an astonishing 29 in Tests.

I'm sure Shakoor Rana and other Pakistani umpires of that time would be so proud.​

Naah, he had plans to humiliate himself against the West Indies in the 1990/91 series averaging a mammoth 7.66 in 3 innings at home, and in the 1992/93 series away from home averaging a herculean 24 in 5 innings. Must like how he excelled against the West Indies all his career averaging an astonishing 29 in Tests.

I'm sure Shakoor Rana and other Pakistani umpires of that time would be so proud.​

Hmmm. Gavaskar > Miandad then.

Didn't Miandad retire in 1996 after Bangalore? What captaincy?
sorry, i thought he was the captain in 1996 considering he was the most senior guy at the time.

Just learned Akram was the captain for 1996.

The biggest issue with all pakistani players ranging from Miandad, Inzi, Yousaf, Younis is that they all stubbornly play way way way past their primes.

Miandad logically shouldn't have even made it to 1992 let alone 1996. He's an entire gen before inzi, Wasim but stubbornly insisted to play, Compare that to someone like quinton who is already retiring XD.

Younis Khan was the same, Stubbornly came back for 2015.

However fun fact, Did you know that Babar the greatest Pakistani batsmen of all time has already reached his decline at 29 🤣.

sorry, i thought he was the captain in 1996 considering he was the most senior guy at the time.

Just learned Akram was the captain for 1996.
That sums up this thread. A lot of noise without knowing all the facts

Miandad logically shouldn't have even made it to 1992 let alone 1996. He's an entire gen before inzi, Wasim but stubbornly insisted to play, Compare that to someone like quinton who is already retiring XD.
I take a bit of exception to this bro. Miandad was crucial to the balance and mentality of the of the side from 1990-1992.

Let’s forget the two crucial semi final and final innings in the 92 World Cup for now

Just consider that after Imran left, Javed was captain for the England series in 1992 and the legendary one off test at Hamilton in 1992/93 (in which he played a crucial innings).

He led us to a famous series victory vs England and had a century and a couple of 50s in there. His guidance of the team is vastly underrated in the final test of that series.

Look what happened the from 1993 when Javed was removed as captain. The wheels completely came off the team. We went from being potentially the best side in the world to crumbling against West Indies. West Indies were there for the taking, but ridiculously we removed Javed and made a complete strategic novice - wasim as captain.

I agree post 1993 he was surplus to requirements and he was largely semi retired then anyway. He only came back for the 1996 World Cup which was a nostalgia / maybe political selection (from a regional perspective, not MQM!). And yes, that was absolutely the wrong call. But up to 1993 he was fine.

That sums up this thread. A lot of noise without knowing all the facts
I think i mentioned in the op specifically that i dont know much about miandad which is why i made this thread.

I take a bit of exception to this bro. Miandad was crucial to the balance and mentality of the of the side from 1990-1992.

Let’s forget the two crucial semi final and final innings in the 92 World Cup for now

Just consider that after Imran left, Javed was captain for the England series in 1992 and the legendary one off test at Hamilton in 1992/93 (in which he played a crucial innings).

He led us to a famous series victory vs England and had a century and a couple of 50s in there. His guidance of the team is vastly underrated in the final test of that series.

Look what happened the from 1993 when Javed was removed as captain. The wheels completely came off the team. We went from being potentially the best side in the world to crumbling against West Indies. West Indies were there for the taking, but ridiculously we removed Javed and made a complete strategic novice - wasim as captain.

I agree post 1993 he was surplus to requirements and he was largely semi retired then anyway. He only came back for the 1996 World Cup which was a nostalgia / maybe political selection (from a regional perspective, not MQM!). And yes, that was absolutely the wrong call. But up to 1993 he was fine.
Yeah I agree. 1993 to 1996 then.

No denying how crucial he was for 1992. But regardless I high high respect for Miandad.

He's the person Misbah fans pretend misbah to be lol.

Miandad was a true saviour and pakistan would have lost so many games if it wasn't his unbelievable innings of saving the entire team by himself.

The 1986 game against India is probs one of the greatest innings I have ever seen all time. No one in pakistan besides Miandad could have pulled that off.

We Pakistanis have a bad habit of retrospectively downgraded our greats instead of celebrating their overall achievements.

Want me to carry on?
Those runs in SF and Final are more than twice as much as Tendulkar's tally in finals. Please carry on.

This has got to be the height of delusion.

I get you’re a young Pakistan fan. I get you want a Pak player to stand out and be considered “the best” in something. I get that you are willing to put any argument together to prove this. It’s ok.

I was the same with Inzi in the early 90s. Then I grew up.
Inzi was in contention to be the best too. He is still amongst ATGs. I agree with you, I might be having same fate with Babar too but his career is half way through and I am hopeful that he will end up as the greatest Pakistani batter to ever hold a bat and one of the greatests to ever play the game too.

1) No one cares. He's an opener in a t20 game, openers will naturally have higher scores, do you honestly remember past high scorers in world cups without looking them up?

If someone watched the cups you'd realise why asif was the mvp for pakistan in that tournament from a batting perspective and shaheen from a bowling perspective, Overall it was wade and Marsh for what they did in semi's and finals.

Babar played one good game against India, otherwise against nz and afg he played rubbish, 9 of 11 against NZ, 51 of 47 against Afg at 108 SR which led to pakistan pretty much losing until Asif Ali came along, 39 of 34 against australia which everyone including ramiz raja the man who fan boys Babar azam stating it was a weak innings which may have costed pakistan to be 15 runs short and required fakhsr to bat put of his skin to get Pakistan to a respectable total.

Excluding India game, Babar costed us 3 games and it required others to save and cover up.

2) No one cares. Literally no one lol. Besides you and @Major Who keep pointing that nonsense thing rizwan won.

3) Again no one cares, A Bangladeshi player top scored in 2016 WC and no one gave a kahoot.

4) No one cares, already addressed the whole 2021 thing. Your man has became the 2nd most hated captain in pakistan after shan anyway

5) And Dhoni has won 2007 t20 wc, 2011 WC, 2013 ct, Sarfraz has won ct 2017 and under 19 WC, Waugh, finch, cummings and pointing won everything known to Man etc etc. Imagine comparing a psl trophy and using it as a metric hahahahahaha.

6) Wow awesome, I clearly thought about that when I saw pakistan vs West Indies, pakistan vs Australia and pakistan vs india. I'm sure Warner was thinking about bobby when he was murking pakistan left and right in 2019 hahaha.

7) Again no one gives a kahoot about PSL 🤣🤣, it's a low level league, imagine using a local trophy to justify an international standing.

8-9-10) First look at the crapola bowling and the pitch he was dealing with 🤣🤣.

As for the rest, India and Nz innings are the only ones to gloat about. Imagine praising him for fakhar zaman's moment in 2023 lol.

And gloating about a scoring on pindi against a 3rd class australia lol.

You may call it fanboism or anything, I don't mind. I lost interest in cricket post 2011 WC and it is due to Babar that made me go crazy for this sport again. I haven't missed a single match
Which opener of the game has scored 2 tons in succesfully chasing 200+ twice? You know the answer :)

There is none but the one true king.

Back