Does Pakistan deserve to host tournament like the ICC Champions Trophy?

Devadwal

ODI Debutant
Runs
Let's forget about security and all the geopolitical situation.

Looking at the conditions of cricket stadium's in Pakistan:
- There is no proper drainage system
- Look at the the stands, even the club cricket stadiums have better chairs for the spectators

I don't think they deserved to host any ICC tournaments.

Hell no, pindi is not fit to host international cricket and sadly it's the only stadium where their a crowd as usually karachi is dead and gaddafi is only filled up on weekends

That's like us saying: Forget about all the rapes in India, Dharamsala has a dangerous outfield, that led to injuries. So should India be deserving to hold ICC trophies?

Why don’t they deserve? Because it’s Pakistan and not Florida?
Can't compare Florida to Pakistan stadiums Because Pakistan is playing cricket from more than 70 years .

USA a not even test playing countries and has no legacy in cricketing world

Can't compare Florida to Pakistan stadiums Because Pakistan is playing cricket from more than 70 years .

USA a not even test playing countries and has no legacy in cricketing world
It’s cricket

It rains sometimes in places where you don’t expect much rain, that’s life in general. It’s not a valid reason to say a nation doesn’t deserve to host an ICC event.

It’s cricket

It rains sometimes in places where you don’t expect much rain, that’s life in general. It’s not a valid reason to say a nation doesn’t deserve to host an ICC event.
Rain is one things which no one can control .but basics facilities is what important and Pakistan lacks those facilities .

Your thinking is the reason why were Pakistan not hosted any international cricket from 2009- 17 .

Same way PCB is thinking instead proactive .

Florida deserves to host an ICC tournament in its monsoon/tornado season but Pakistan can’t cost an ICC event because apparently 2 sessions were rained off in a Test match

India is an unsafe place to host ICC events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain is one things which no one can control .but basics facilities is what important and Pakistan lacks those facilities .

Your thinking is the reason why were Pakistan not hosted any international cricket from 2009- 17 .

Same way PCB is thinking instead proactive .
There was a game in the recently concluded T20 World Cup involving England which was going to be called off, due to lack of drainage facilities and dangerous outfield. The game was in West Indies, not USA. The match did eventually get underway though.

Should West Indies not be allowed to host international cricket aswell?

Let's forget about security and all the geopolitical situation.

Looking at the conditions of cricket stadium's in Pakistan:
- There is no proper drainage system
- Look at the the stands, even the club cricket stadiums have better chairs for the spectators

I don't think they deserved to host any ICC tournaments.

Let’s never forget our roots.

Ancient Mahabharat was once so rich that it was considered Sunehri Chidiya but then due to the onset of Kalayuga we became lazy, started fighting amongst ourselves which resulted in foreign invaders taking the advantage and looting our enormous wealth. Our people became poor. We know what it feels like to be in this situation. Hence we must never mock.

Pakistan is going through testing times but it is in these testing times that they must find Dharma and follow the path to salvation.

On humanitarian ground the privilege of hosting a cricket tournament must not be taken away from them. It’s not about rights but about being impartial, considerate and above all a true human.

Imagine one rain shower during champion trophy and a crucial match getting washed out because of very poor drainage system on these 80's grounds in Pakistan.

Imagine one rain shower during champion trophy and a crucial match getting washed out because of very poor drainage system on these 80's grounds in Pakistan.
Has happened numerous times in other grounds all over the world.

The only valid gripe you have with the seating arrangements is still acceptable.

So what? Will that be the start of world war 3?

There was a game in the recently concluded T20 World Cup involving England which was going to be called off, due to lack of drainage facilities and dangerous outfield. The game was in West Indies, not USA. The match did eventually get underway though.

Should West Indies not be allowed to host international cricket aswell?
Are you talking about Barbados stadium? Barbados does have great drainage system but match was called of after continuously raining .

There is different between match called of due to persistent rain and overnight rain .

So what? Will that be the start of world war 3?
That's means country is not suitable for hosting big events untill things not improved .

This is 2024 and Pakistan stadiums conditions are look like 80s .

Why don't improve the basic facilities so no one can question?

That's means country is not suitable for hosting big events untill things not improved .

This is 2024 and Pakistan stadiums conditions are look like 80s .

Why don't improve the basic facilities so no one can question?
I don’t think it means anything.

“It rained so heavily during a crucial knockout ICC game that the outfield couldn’t be rescued”….

Are you talking about Barbados stadium? Barbados does have great drainage system but match was called of after continuously raining .

There is different between match called of due to persistent rain and overnight rain .
No.

England v Namibia.

Deserve? what do you mean? Pakistan has hosted many ICC events in Past successfully.

OP is not a hater but is genuinely concerned if Pakistan has the necessary infrastructure to hold such high level international tournament where premier teams are expected to play.

If you can't do it now then you can forget about it ten years from now. The pressure of hosting an ICC tournament is what has finally put pressure on the PCB to invest heavily in Stadium upgradation

The stadiums are in the process of being upgraded.

Rain delays happen everywhere.

I'm not sure what the issues are and why this makes a team not deserve to host a tournament?

OP is not a hater but is genuinely concerned if Pakistan has the necessary infrastructure to hold such high level international tournament where premier teams are expected to play.
World cup was held in India and Indians forced to sit on bird faeces while foreign players breathed hazardous air.

Pindi isn't that bad in comparison man.

World cup was held in India and Indians forced to sit on bird faeces while foreign players breathed hazardous air.

Pindi isn't that bad in comparison man.

As per investigation bird poop , a natural phenomena was timely cleaned before the match am started hence people were saved.

We cannot come in the way of nature brother. Birds gonna what a birds gonna do.

I had to park my car in the open some years ago for a while and i endured this. Luckily contractual labour makes life easier.

@Devadwal I do agree with you overall.

I just think you should withhold final judgment until all the upgrade process is complete.

Once that is done, it'll will determine is pakistan knows how to put its money to good use or if it's still a crap nation that does not know how to use the annual 55M that is given to them by ICC

These types of declarations can only be made once the tournament is hosted.

Rain can't be listed as a point because it rains a lot more in other host nations (Sri Lanka, England). It's barely going to rain in any of the host cities during that time of the year.

Stands can only be assessed post renovations.

Not a big deal, it's not like Srilanka and Bangladesh have have better infrastructure. Stadiums are fine and I am sure for an ICC tournament they wil make it nicer and people will show up. These are just over reaction threads.

It is not like there is no rain in other countries. England is probably the worst place for cricket but it still hosts important games and events.

Bring some other excuse because rain is not gonna make it go away.

Last edited:
It is not like there is no rain other countries. England is probably the worst place for cricket but it still hosts important games and events.

Bring some other excuse because rain is not gonna make it go away.
You guys are not understanding what was i said. It's not about rain but the facilities after rain stopped .

Pindi drained system is very bad that even after 5-6 hours of rain Stopped match was not started although sun was shining .

No proper stands and Pakistan hardly have a few cricket stadium still facilities is not world class .

@Devadwal I do agree with you overall.

I just think you should withhold final judgment until all the upgrade process is complete.

Once that is done, it'll will determine is pakistan knows how to put its money to good use or if it's still a crap nation that does not know how to use the annual 55M that is given to them by ICC
Let's see what will be the conditions look's after renovations but still I don't think they are upgrading drainage system .

Pakistan only Play at Karachi, Lahore and Pindi so they cant even upgrade the Three stadiums .

India does have more than 50 world class stadiums so understandable if few of them not have better facilities.

If India can host an ICC event then why not Pakistan? Craze of cricket similar in both countries. Also ample stadiums in Pak too.

Back