Election of the PCB Chairman to be held on 27 June - Zaka Ashraf likely to be elected

Will Zaka Ashraf prove to be the right choice for the position of PCB Chairman?

• Yes, he will be a good choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
As per a report:

Zaka Ashraf and Supreme Court lawyer Mustafa Ramday, have been nominated by the country's Prime Minister to join the PCB's board of governors.

The development occurred the day after Najam Sethi, who is heading the interim management committee that runs the PCB until June 21, withdrew from the running to become the board chairman.

Traditionally in Pakistan cricket, it is the Prime Minister's appointment to the PCB board of governors who usually becomes the board chairman for a three-year term, and Ashraf is the overwhelming favourite to be elected, with the election process usually a formality.

Just so you guys know, Zaka Ashraf was the father of Cake Celebrations and Dinner parties after every series.

I bet they will be arranging a party in the board room of PCB as soon as he made chairman :zaka

[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] i request to start using the zaka smiley :zaka

Its funny that no chairman worked in fixing the constitution where they removed the political intervention totally. Just a small fix that was needed.

PPP slowly grabbing all the institutions.

Shabaz is a lame duck PM.

Zaka Ashrah he must be 1000 years old, is he going to make appearances via tiatron ?

Zaka Ashrah he must be 1000 years old, is he going to make appearances via tiatron ?

Born: September 9, 1952 (age 70 years), Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan

So still ok to lead.

Born: September 9, 1952 (age 70 years), Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan

So still ok to lead.

If one crosses 70, he can't hold office at the BCCI.

What is stopping PCB from appointing a 40-50 year old? Is there no one else?

Don’t worry.When the generals decide to hold elections and install their own PM,Zaka will be replaced by someone else close to the new PM.

If one crosses 70, he can't hold office at the BCCI.

What is stopping PCB from appointing a 40-50 year old? Is there no one else?

Interesting that BCCI limit is 70, while former prime minister of India, Morarji Ranchhodji Desai, was 81 years old when he held office.

Was there no one else out of hundreds of millions of people at the time? Or is the standards for the BCCI higher than highest office of India?

Interesting that BCCI limit is 70, while former prime minister of India, Morarji Ranchhodji Desai, was 81 years old when he held office.

Was there no one else out of hundreds of millions of people at the time? Or is the standards for the BCCI higher than highest office of India?

But there is no law to stop a person from fighting an election. I doubt there is any country that has a age bar on getting elected to the parliament. But most countries have a retirement age.

Two very different things.

Is this even a surprise given the bunch that’s ruling Pakistan at the moment?

Zaka Ashraf is a joke

Shahid Afridi in a media interaction:

"I would've rested both of these senior citizens. I wouldn't have wanted anyone above 60 or 65 years to reclaim this seat. Both of them are now quite old. They need to go, rest and count God's beads. The way I see it, we need young blood in this place, individuals who can bring in new ideas,"

"I'd request whoever the new chairman is coming, please let World Cup happen, let things be the way they are at least till World Cup, and then do whatever you want because we are already short on time,"

Zaka Ashraf while talking to media in Islamabad.

"I had already rejected hybrid model for the Asia Cup because I don’t agree with it. It is an injustice to Pakistan. It is not right to hold main matches outside Pakistan. Being the hosts, the complete event should take place at home,"

"I don’t know what decision the previous management had taken as I don’t have access to the information regarding it. I will go and see, and will try to take the best decision for the country in the shortest time possible,"

"I would've rested both of these senior citizens. I wouldn't have wanted anyone above 60 or 65 years to reclaim this seat. Both of them are now quite old. They need to go, rest and count God's beads. The way I see it, we need young blood in this place, individuals who can bring in new ideas,"

"I'd request whoever the new chairman is coming, please let World Cup happen, let things be the way they are at least till World Cup, and then do whatever you want because we are already short on time,"

Afridi is talking the most sense these days. He was a fighter on the field and is off the field too.

Amongst this chaos, Afridi sounds a voice of reason. I would take him over the mafia guys any day of the week.

Even political appointees can be of a younger age.

These appointments are for services rendered. Sethi was NSs man and played a big part in the regime change, Ashrafs is AZs man, he probably helped him to launder cash and he has been rewarded for his loyalty.

A professional organisation when hiring a CEO or Chairman will have independent headhunters who go find the best qualified person for the role.

The only qualification Zaka Ashraf has for the job was being Zardari's banker.

That being said I don't remember his previous tenure being particularly bad bar the odd decision. Perhaps that's because I was still traumatised by Ijaz Butt - it couldn't get any worse after him.

Election Commissioner constitutes PCB BOG as per IPC notification(s)

Lahore, 22 June 2023:

The Pakistan Cricket Board is in receipt of letter and notification dated 20 June from the Inter-Provincial Coordination (IPC) Ministry that states: “On completion of the tenure, the Management Committee of PCB stands dissolved, ceases to operate”.

Accordingly, the Election Commissioner, Mr Ahmed Shehzad Farooq Rana, who is also the Acting Chair of the PCB, has constituted the PCB Board of Governors in accordance with Para 10 of the PCB Constitution 2014 and in line with and pursuant to the above referred letter and notification.

The formation of the PCB BOG now stands as follows:

Mr Muhammad Zaka Ashraf (PCB Patron’s nominee)
Mr Mustafa Ramday (PCB Patron’s nominee)
National Bank of Pakistan
State Bank of Pakistan
Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGPL)
Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC)
President Larkana Region
President Dera Murad Jamali Region
President Bahawalpur Region
President Hyderabad Region

The election of the PCB Chairman will be held on Wednesday, 28 June, at the PCB headquarters in Lahore. Election schedule will be issued after receiving nominations from the departments/service organisations. The Election Commission office has written to the departments/service organisations to nominate their representatives.

Mr Shehzad Rana: “The election of the PCB Chair will be held in a fair and transparent manner whilst adopting due process and ensuring completion of all legal formalities.”

Following announcement that 28 June will be a holiday, the Election Commissioner has confirmed the PCB Chairman’s election will be held at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Tuesday, 27 June.

Reading rumours that

1. Zaka not happy with Sethi appointments - thinks they are unsuitable and done for influence.
2. Zaka will get rid of Haroon Rasheed pronto
3. Zaka has given orders to legal department to look at termination for Mickey

Of course ALL of these are rumours and could simply be someone's wishes as opposed to anything else.

Reading rumours that

1. Zaka not happy with Sethi appointments - thinks they are unsuitable and done for influence.
2. Zaka will get rid of Haroon Rasheed pronto
3. Zaka has given orders to legal department to look at termination for Mickey

Of course ALL of these are rumours and could simply be someone's wishes as opposed to anything else.

Terminating Mickey means he gets half pay till his contract period.

This is why Mickey Arthur did a master stroke. He didint quit his job as he knew the political situation in Pakistan.

NOw he will get his half pay and keep his otehr job. Win Win for him

Terminating Mickey means he gets half pay till his contract period.

This is why Mickey Arthur did a master stroke. He didint quit his job as he knew the political situation in Pakistan.

NOw he will get his half pay and keep his otehr job. Win Win for him

You’re making it sound like Mickey is a genius or something. It’s common sense, anyone who was in Mickey Arthur’s position would’ve done the same thing when you’re dealing with PCB.

PCB’s instability means that foreign coaches will only take the role of a coach as a part time job.

You’re making it sound like Mickey is a genius or something. It’s common sense, anyone who was in Mickey Arthur’s position would’ve done the same thing when you’re dealing with PCB.

PCB’s instability means that foreign coaches will only take the role of a coach as a part time job.

Mickey is a genius. Well nobody did not do that did hey.

Also, whether pcb or Pakistan is instable, there will always be foreign coaches that will be interested in coaching Pakistan as the interantional caoching experience will be added to their resume. Look at Jonathan Trott who is in Afghanistan of all places. And this guy had mental health issues.

So, this is just an excuse that no one wants to come to Pakistan. Issue is, Pakistan doesnt want to pay the right money

Following announcement that 28 June will be a holiday, the Election Commissioner has confirmed the PCB Chairman’s election will be held at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Tuesday, 27 June.

Seems Sethi and Co plotting their usual.

==

As per a media report:

Najam Sethi visited NCA and told the people there "Prepare yourselves for extended office hours," alluding to Zaka Ashraf's tendency to work till late at night after arriving in the afternoon.

There is a potential for a legal battle to challenge Sethi's removal

Apparently some PCB employees have pledged loyalty to Sethi, but have also maintained contact with Zaka Ashraf to safeguard their positions regardless of who assumes the chairman role with some officials wanting Ramday to be elected as chairman.

There were also alleged efforts to strategically place "own people" within the BOG (Board of Governors), as it will be easier to bring a change in leadership through a motion of no confidence following the general elections.

Election Commissioner Mr Ahmed Shehzad Farooq Rana has announced a special meeting of the PCB Board of Governors for the election of the PCB Chairman will take place on Tuesday, 27 June, at 2pm at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore.

Back