Pakistan need 323 more to win with 10 wickets and a possible 90 overs in hand
to level the 4 match series 1-1

Highest score chased at Leeds - 404 by Bradmans invincibles in 1948

just heard Imran Khan on PTV a victory for pakistan

just love his optimism

Hussain said:
just heard Imran Khan on PTV a victory for pakistan

just love his optimism

Inshallah we will win ,we have the talent ,the courage ,and most of all YK,MY and Inzi ,and players like kami , hey even dani boy batted well in the first inning.

Its pakistan Day. :19:

darkmoon459 said:
Inshallah we will win ,we have the talent ,the courage ,and most of all YK,MY and Inzi ,and players like kami , hey even dani boy batted well in the first inning.

Its pakistan Day. :19:

The way game has progressed over the last 4 days , Pakistan can fancy their chances to score 323

Day 1- 347 runs
Day 2 - 370 runs
Day 3 - 339 runs
Day 4 - 342 runs

going at this rate we can score 323 runs before England has a chance to get second new ball

subhanALLAH very positive day yesterday with regards to out come of this match.
Today inshALLAH the boys have the best wishes of all caring pakistani supporters.

Sleepless & Salman and others currentley crusing north up the M1 in the mean green PP machines..

Thanks to a Laptop + 3G Internet card we will bring you live updates from the ground....

Beat that cricinfo....

I hope we dont suffer any collapses under the intense pressure, ideally would love at least 50-100 run partnership from the openers to lay the foundations for Yousuf, Younis Khan, Faisal Iqbal and Inzamam.

We need about 100 runs per session and to keep our wickets intact, we have to by Lunch still have at least 9 wickets in hand and a good total.

Monty, Hoggard and Harmison need to be kept at bay by our batsman as they all will be dangerous especially Monty.

im nervous could not sleep last night! i dont think there will be a draw pak will go for it. forget the big guns one from butt,taufeeq,faisal has to hit a big century.

Some inspiration for the boys today..

“The hosts, resuming on 262 for five, added 71 runs and lost just one wicket during a tense morning session, reaching the interval on 333 for six needing another 19 runs to win the series 2-0.”

08:20 08Aug2006 RTRS-Cricket-Jayawardene guides Sri Lanka to brink of series win

COLOMBO, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene scored an unbeaten 117 to guide his team to the brink of victory at lunch on the final day of the second test against South Africa on Tuesday.
The hosts, resuming on 262 for five, added 71 runs and lost just one wicket during a tense morning session, reaching the interval on 333 for six needing another 19 runs to win the series 2-0.
Jayawardene, a triple centurion in the first test, carried his series run tally past 500 runs as he batted faultlessly through the session, bringing up his 16th test hundred with a characteristically elegant push down the ground.
The 29-year-old right-hander shared an unbroken 54-run partnership for the seventh wicket with all rounder Farveez Maharoof (24 not out), seeing off the key threat of the second new ball which was taken mid-way through the morning.
Jayawardene, dropped in the gully by Herschelle Gibbs on two, faced 230 deliveries during a brilliant innings that included 11 fours and two sixes.
If the hosts reach their 352-run target it will be the highest chase in Sri Lanka, the highest successful chase ever by Sri Lanka and the sixth highest in test cricket history.
All rounder Andrew Hall gave South Africa early hope with a reverse-swinging delivery that trapped wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene lbw for 30, ending a 78-run sixth-wicket stand.
Soon after the touring side missed Maharoof, on two, twice in an over as Mark Boucher fumbled a stumping opportunity and Hashim Amla spilled a chance.
South Africa were handicapped by a hamstring injury to pace bowler Makhaya Ntini that failed to respond to intensive overnight treatment.
Ntini, South Africa's premier pace bowler, was woken up every two hours during the night by team physiotherapist Shane Jabaar for ice treatment.
South Africa now hope he will regain fitness in time for the second stage of a tri-series also involving India starting on Aug. 14.
Sri Lanka won the first game of the two-match series by an innings and 153 runs.
(9Editing by Ed Osmond, Asia Sports Desk; Reuters Messaging ed.osmond.reuters.com@reuters.net +61 293731805)) Keywords: SPORT CRICKET SAFRICA

Pakistan need to bat out 90 overs and inshallah they will win

They just need to score 3/3.5 runs an overs,
Strauss can't be very agressive with his fielding wif we don't lose early wickets

Imran Khan sadqe jaoon!
While its good to pronounse good news, sometimes this kind of thing raises the expectations of a jazbaati nation and the consequences can be terrible (asking for a head or two).
I hope though that he proves to be correct. We need a win badly because a number of our players are losing their confidence pretty fast (Akki, Butt, Faisal, Feeka....)
Nothing better than a victory to correct all that!

55 mins to Judgement Day...could this be the day that England get over the pakistan curse...or will Pakistan bury engand into oblivion once again.

50 mins to go.

Weather set fair - but bad light will be an issue later on. If we are up against it, we may have to rely on Umpire Hair & Doctrove to offer us the light!

I dont think bad light is an issue...if pakistan is still batting till that point then we are in a positioin to win the match and in that case pakistan won't be taking the bad light offer anyhow.

I think I make a Pakistani win the favourite given the run rate over the rest of the test and how easily Trescothick and Strauss made runs at the start of yesterday. If Pakistan lose Younis or Yousuf (or both!) to the new ball though then things could be very different.

40 minutes

jo maza intezar main hai

woh wisaale yaar main kahan

cant wait any longer for the action to begin

Billy i suspect you are a pessimistic England fan. No one can doubt England are favorites here. Pakistan have to make their highest run chase ever to win the test.

Salman said:
Sleepless & Salman and others currentley crusing north up the M1 in the mean green PP machines..

Thanks to a Laptop + 3G Internet card we will bring you live updates from the ground....

Beat that cricinfo....
I bet theyre not gonna let it in :))

Billy said:
I think I make a Pakistani win the favourite given the run rate over the rest of the test and how easily Trescothick and Strauss made runs at the start of yesterday. If Pakistan lose Younis or Yousuf (or both!) to the new ball though then things could be very different.
Losing Younis and Yousuf isn't possible :)))

I already heard a Pakistan Zindabad :D

Cmon guys at Headingley, support the team and batsman, they need us to boost their confidence!

typing live from the ground, team just went off after a net practice... Harmisson & Hoggard are on the fiels

Salman said:
typing live from the ground, team just went off after a net practice... Harmisson & Hoggard are on the fiels
So how old is Cavin?

Good morning all, and congrates on a well deserved victory, oh well i will tone it down and wait to congratulate you all in 7+ hours.
Inshallah we will win with flying colors.

Oh wait, plays starting in 5 mins, nevermind they won't be on field now

zMario said:
Salman, Are Butt and Taufeeq batting and practicing hard?
Strangely, our fielders were practicing slip catches...

Oxy™ said:
Strangely, our fielders were practicing slip catches...
I was wondering why Younis was practicing slip catching when they were talking to Ramiz

God - you can almost taste the pressure - and a single ball hasnt been bowled yet

I think it was Inzy practicing his late cut, and Younis and the others were fielding it, since I saw Inzamam hitting the balls

Lots of people queing to get in....lots of Pak fans also.

Change of ends for fast bowlers, thats why Monty is bowling

Strauss being innovative - Monty takes the new ball!

I wish that one of the openers gets a 100.

Salman, many Pakistani supporters in the ground? Have you got your banner?

I think Harmison is gonna bowl from this end, and Hoggard from the other

Steady start by Pak - need to get their eye in. May take a few overs.

The tension is obvious - in the crowd and on the field - and us also!

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

May Allah give pakistan team strength to win the headingley test match today. Ameen Summa Ameen :19:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back