England reach 120/0 at stumps after bowling India out for 78 on Day 1 of the 3rd Test at Headingley

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my observations and sound, it seems this crowd was more pro-England away from the heartlands of the Indian support from London and the south.

The backing of the support would have given England a huge lift.

Rohit played an atrocious shot after reigning himself the entire day

Great knock by brother hameed, shades of hashim amla :amla

Expecting a triple century from Hameed and tears from Mamoon

Alhamdullilah :moyo

From my observations and sound, it seems this crowd was more pro-England away from the heartlands of the Indian support from London and the south.

The backing of the support would have given England a huge lift.

Headingly is usually the most raucous, football crowd type atmosphere in England I think.

Wow, just half a day yesterday and we are almost knocked out...just goes to show what a roller coaster test cricket is, Eng played wonderfully and fully deserve to be where they are...
I am just clinging for crumbs of comfort and hope we give some semblance of a fight and make them sweat and delay the inevitable.....

And Wow - look at the traffic increase as several come crawling out of the woodwork to put the boot in....
the internet servers will be groaning.....

Great knock by brother hameed, shades of hashim amla :amla

Expecting a triple century from Hameed and tears from Mamoon

Alhamdullilah :moyo

brother hameed and brother hashim's native language happen to be gujarati, my guess is that's nothing to do with your sense of feigned familiarity, or remotely near your origins.
For a majority of us Keshav Maharaj , Danish Kaneria, Monty panesar, gurinder sandhu, aman viridi, vikram solanki, Rachin ravindra, jeetan patel, Soumya sarkar, shiv chanderpaul, Ravindu shah et al playing for different teams around the world are the opposition and are saffer, nz, pak, english, zim, aus etc- we believe in being loyalty to the land of ones upbringing irrespective of ethnic background, i'd view a 100 by chanderpaul agains eng,nz,pak, bang as wi vs them, nothing more...or if agains us, the same as anyone from his team playing against us.
would'nt bring his ethnicity or his faith in, thats got nothing to do with the quality of his skill, wold'nt congratulate them separtely or cling on the 'brother' moniker onto them...or feel as if he's played for me...or my nation...
but then...to each his own i guess...
lets focus on the game we love...peace champ...

No I don't think so. Look at all the players England are missing. England will go in to the next two tests as favourites if they win this one. Many Indian batters are mentally weak too like we witnessed today.

I really dislike this term. There is no such thing IMO. The skill set is lacking. Modern Indians lack the skills to profit in seaming conditions against good seam bowling. Kohli can do it but I think he is tired and needs a break.

More soft runs there for taking for Hameed and Burns ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back