Eng v Pak: Twenty20 @ Bristol [Updates]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
So back to the cricket!

Weather is set fair - sunny intervals.Temp variable between 16°C to 20°C.

3.gif

Shame weather for 1st ODI is very poor.

We await team news....

Last edited:
Fox Sports and ESPN not showing the match :6:

Should be a cracker for sure. Both teams are full of exciting players and will be looking to get the psychological advantage ahead of the ODI Series

under 3 hours to go before the start- should be a great game, im expecting something special today from pakistan!

Teams to chose from:

England (from) Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Strauss (capt), Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell, Michael Yardy, Ed Joyce, Rikki Clarke, Jamie Dalrymple, Chris Read (wk), Stuart Broad, Sajid Mahmood, Darren Gough, Steve Harmison, Jon Lewis

Pakistan (from) Imran Farhat, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Shahid Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Danish Kaneira, Rao Iftikhar

UsmanCHADDA said:
Fox Sports and ESPN not showing the match :6:

Should be a cracker for sure. Both teams are full of exciting players and will be looking to get the psychological advantage ahead of the ODI Series

I suppose people in the MiddleEast will need to imagine the game :(

What would be a good score for Pakistan? This whole 20/20 phenom has really passed me by to be honest....Is 250 a possibility?

I hope Gough plays for England - he is my fav England player and I love his attitude to the game.

MIG said:
I hope Gough plays for England - he is my fav England player and I love his attitude to the game.

i want him to bowl to razzaq because he pitches the ball right up there and razzaq drills those kinds of deliveries

Rana said:
under 3 hours to go before the start- should be a great game, im expecting something special today from pakistan!

England may not be in any ODI form - but domestically, they have more experience of Twenty20 then any other team in the world!

Pak have little experience of Twenty20 - so I think England will just have too much for Pak today.

Oxy™ said:
Pak have little experience of Twenty20 - so I think England will just have too much for Pak today.

I don't think so, we merc'd a International 11 in June, with the likes of Tendu and Lara, we can finish off England as well.

yk said:
I don't think so, we merc'd a International 11 in June, with the likes of Tendu and Lara, we can finish off England as well.

oh yes!, DJ YK SICK BREH is in the house, im surprised he hasnt gone of to Bristol to watch the game! :D

yk said:
Yeah, but that International XI had even less experience than we did.

pakistan have good experiance within there domestic 20:20 tournemant

Daoud said:

Wat are u trying to say, 10,000 ODI runs is not enuf for someone to be good in a 20-20?

Come on yar, its class that counts. We have class players, and we can do well.

Rana said:
oh yes!, DJ YK SICK BREH is in the house, im surprised he hasnt gone of to Bristol to watch the game! :D

Only if i had a reliable car........

Daoud said:

the thing is Daoud, players like scott styris were playing aswell, they wud have way more experiance then pakistan

I shouldn't think this England team has too much more experience of Twenty20 cricket compared to Pakistan's team. The likes of Lewis and Hafeez have played a fair bit but most of the international regulars are on ten matches or under.

Prehaps we should have called up Darren Maddy.

yk said:
Wat are u trying to say, 10,000 ODI runs is not enuf for someone to be good in a 20-20?

Come on yar, its class that counts. We have class players, and we can do well.
Err, no. But at the same time I'd expect Hafeez to do better in a Twenty20 game that Inzi simply cause hes more used to the format of the game and will probably be more comfortable at it. We dont need to worry too much though as Shoaib Malik in recent times has been our best ODI batsman and his credentials at Twenty20 level are very impressive

2 hours and 20 minutes remain. These will be the teams, me thinks.

Awaiting the teams for today - should be a GREAT day.

why iosnt Azhar mahmood playing????? hes sick at 20:20!

Rana said:
the thing is Daoud, players like scott styris were playing aswell, they wud have way more experiance then pakistan
There were also players like Lara, Tendulkar and Dhoni who I doubt would have even played a Twenty20 game at the stage. Besides that wasnt even a Twenty20 - it was only a 10 over game

Daoud said:
Err, no. But at the same time I'd expect Hafeez to do better in a Twenty20 game that Inzi simply cause hes more used to the format of the game and will probably be more comfortable at it. We dont need to worry too much though as Shoaib Malik in recent times has been our best ODI batsman and his credentials at Twenty20 level are very impressive

Oh so suddenly its a different ball game just becoz its 20-20. Being used to a format of the game?? The only difference between a 20-20 and an ODI is the number of overs, how difficult is it to adjust to that, r u calling Inzi incompetent? INZI IS INNOCENT, DO U HEAR ME???

I saw Inzi bat at the oval, in the charity match, and he was facing Azhar Mahmod and Andrew Hall, and they do have 20-20 experience. Inzi slaughtered them, saw us home, so to speak. It doesn't matter if its a 20-20 or an ODI, if ure a class player u will do well.

Ok, i'm going to guess the England team. 1 point for every player i get correct.

Trescothick
Joyce
Pietersen
Collingwood
Strauss
Dalrymple
Read
Gough
Broad
Mahmood
Harmison

Daoud said:
There were also players like Lara, Tendulkar and Dhoni who I doubt would have even played a Twenty20 game at the stage. Besides that wasnt even a Twenty20 - it was only a 10 over game

So wat, if they hadn't played!!!

Did u see the scorecard, it was these 3 that top scored. Tendu got 50 of 26 balls. Dhoni smacked 2 MASSIVE sixes, got 35 of 13 balls.

Its class that counts, i'm telling u!!!!

Last edited:
yk said:
Oh so suddenly its a different ball game just becoz its 20-20. Being used to a format of the game?? The only difference between a 20-20 and an ODI is the number of overs, how difficult is it to adjust to that, r u calling Inzi incompetent? INZI IS INNOCENT, DO U HEAR ME???

I saw Inzi bat at the oval, in the charity match, and he was facing Azhar Mahmod and Andrew Hall, and they do have 20-20 experience. Inzi slaughtered them, saw us home, so to speak. It doesn't matter if its a 20-20 or an ODI, if ure a class player u will do well.

Its different yaar. 20/20 requires improvisation and pure aggression, and people used to this format of the game would perform much better in comparison to the inexperienced ones. Also in ODI cricket you get time to settle in, whilst in Twenty20 you have to start smashing from the word go

England have the upper hand here, they are more used to the format than Pakistan. Thry humiliated Australia last year (Aussies were bowled out for 79!). If they can dismantle the best of the best like that, why cant they do it against Pakistan (who are playing their first ever Twenty20 match)?

yk said:
So wat, if they hadn't played!!!

Did u see the scorecard, it was these 3 that top scored. Tendu got 50 of 40 balls. Dhoni smacked 2 MASSIVE sixes, got 30 of 12 balls.

Its class that counts, i'm telling u!!!!
50 off 40 is nothing special in a 10 over game but I suspect that is partially due to not playing for ages.

yk said:
Oh so suddenly its a different ball game just becoz its 20-20. Being used to a format of the game?? The only difference between a 20-20 and an ODI is the number of overs, how difficult is it to adjust to that, r u calling Inzi incompetent?
In the same way you could say theres no difference between a normal game of rugby and a rugby 7s game, just the number of players. Obviously the class players will be class, but experience in that form of the game counts too. You seem to be missing the point

UsmanCHADDA said:
Its different yaar. 20/20 requires improvisation and pure aggression, and people used to this format of the game would perform much better in comparison to the inexperienced ones. Also in ODI cricket you get time to settle in, whilst in Twenty20 you have to start smashing from the word go

England have the upper hand here, they are more used to the format than Pakistan. Thry humiliated Australia last year (Aussies were bowled out for 79!). If they can dismantle the best of the best like that, why cant they do it against Pakistan (who are playing their first ever Twenty20 match)?

All our players have improvisation and pure aggression. Ok some are better than others, which is why i think they shud come at the top of the order. Like Afridi, Razzaq.

yk said:
All our players have improvisation and pure aggression. Ok some are better than others, which is why i think they shud come at the top of the order. Like Afridi, Razzaq.

Players like Yousuf, YK and Inzi lack the improvisation ability :p

Daoud said:
In the same way you could say theres no difference between a normal game of rugby and a rugby 7s game, just the number of players. Obviously the class players will be class, but experience in that form of the game counts too. You seem to be missing the point

The point i'm making is, experience in a 20-20 is not all that important, ok test matches yeah. 20-20 is not even proper cricket. If u have a good eye and aggression and can improvise, which all our players can do, than there shud no problem.

Watch the game, and listen to the commenators, i doubt they'll say 'oh this guy has played 15 20/20's he'll be gud' they're more likely to say 'look at his strike rate, has he got aggression?' and all our players have agression.

i dont buy this 'getting used to' stuff, if you've seen a specific player launch the bowlers in odi's then he would probably up a gear for a 20/20

I can't wait either........UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!!

C'mon Beast!

This is the time to get back into form, hammer these useless bowlers!

Trying to do some uni work, getting nowhere, started playing about with my vdo fone.

Trying to poke needles into my Hair Voodoo Doll....

voodoo-doll.jpg

In the meantime - some entertainment !

Breaking news: MalcomSpeedoMeter has asked for a minutes silence to commemorate Hairs demise as an Umpire ...

ur kidding....well the coverage starts in 5 minutes...so that should kill time

Paceman Stuart Broad and all-rounder Michael Yardy will make their England debuts in the international Twenty20 match against Pakistan in Bristol.

Veteran fast bowler Darren Gough was also included for his first appearance since opting out of the tour to Pakistan last winter.

Pakistan are looking for their first win of the summer against the home side after losing the Test series 3-0.

Pace bowlers Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Shoaib Akhtar return after injury.

Anyone know which channel, if any, is covering it on pakistan? Supersport 2?

England win Toss, and BAT.

Pak FIELD.....COME ON SHOAIB!!!

Pak Team:

Malik
Hafeez
YK
MoYo
Inzi
Kami
Afridi
Razzaq
Rana
Shoaib
Asif

Malik, Hafeez, YK, Inzi, Moyo, Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq, Naved, Akhtar, Asif.

Good team

Guys - many of us cant see it live so your score updates are most welcome - feel free to post them as often as you can.

Rameez still comentating, surprise after his brothers death.

I think pakistan should be better suited chasing, this is their 1st 20/20 games and at times its difficult to find what a good score is batting 1st.

MIG said:
Guys - many of us cant see it live so your score updates are most welcome - feel free to post them as often as you can.

is every 10 seconds ok! :p

i like pak's team, but its exactly like our odi team...yousaf should have played

after all he hit a 200

Rob H said:
Malik, Hafeez, YK, Inzi, Moyo, Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq, Naved, Akhtar, Asif.

Good team

what a team! thats over first choice team if they all stay fit for the world cup inshallah the world cup will be ours

eng have the advantage now..becuz chasing might not be that easy..as pak is playing their first 20-20 match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back