England v Australia | ICC Champions Trophy | 08/06/13 | Australia Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
Australia have bowled well to prevent England from getting too big a total. However, the partnership between Ravindra Bopara and Tim Bresnan have got England to a good-ish score.

Can Australia chase 270? If they do, I expect Shane Watson to play a part.

England will win this quite easily. Get Watson out early and the rest will fall. Then Voges and game over.

Why picked Mitch Marsh, he's a bowling all rounder and Mathew Wade has a terrible average 22.89 with a strike rate of 68.55. :facepalm:

England will win this quite easily. Get Watson out early and the rest will fall. Then Voges and game over.

Why picked Mitch Marsh, he's a bowling all rounder and Mathew Wade has a terrible average 22.89 with a strike rate of 68.55. :facepalm:

5 out of 8 teams playing in CT got WK with average of less thn 30 Wade, Buttler, Akmal, Ramdin & Ronchi. So are we back to the old era of WK's?

5 out of 8 teams playing in CT got WK with average of less thn 30 Wade, Buttler, Akmal, Ramdin & Ronchi. So are we back to the old era of WK's?

Seems like it. They way :irfan bowled yesterday :holding said he only used to see this kind of bowling in the 80s

Didn't see our innings but it looks a bit slow (again).

We might win but Aussies are favourites IMO. Swann is injured for one.

They don't have alternatives for Wade. Paine looks mentally fragile and Haddin will soon become a grandpa.

Swann is out but so is Clarke.

I expect England to win but not by much.

England should defend this total they have a pretty good bowling line up.

Australia to win.

Watson and Warner are the key.

Didn't see our innings but it looks a bit slow (again).

We might win but Aussies are favourites IMO. Swann is injured for one.

Started reasonably quick but as usual Bell and Trott pegged England back. An as usual Root lost his wicket coming in at the power play.

Senior players are taking too much time at a less pressure situation whereas inexperienced batsmen were forced to bat quickly in a more intense situation.

I don't mind England loosing but when you don't change your useless plans that's when it's really irritating.

Except the England team and their management every one in the world knows whatever they are trying to comeup with were useless.

This tactic of using Morgan and Buttler as the pivot of the innings is a huge fail. Morgan's been out of form for a long while and Buttler's more of a T20 smash and grab kind of guy.

They need newer personnel. But first, to replace Trott and Bell, who're too slow for ODI cricket.

This was another 300 pitch on which they unnecessarily applied the brakes, and have therefore ended up with an under par 269.

This tactic of using Morgan and Buttler as the pivot of the innings is a huge fail. Morgan's been out of form for a long while and Buttler's more of a T20 smash and grab kind of guy.

They need newer personnel. But first, to replace Trott and Bell, who're too slow for ODI cricket.

This was another 300 pitch on which they unnecessarily applied the brakes, and have therefore ended up with an under par 269.

Butter isn't what you think he's. He has a pretty awesome record in domestic 40 over competitions. It's the situation that he's been sent in. He needs to come in before Bopara, to have that confidence of a batsman coming after him.

He's not a slogger like Yousuf Pathan, most of his shots in front of the wicket were all cricketing shots.

Is it the first time 3 players with same first name playing in a match? James Tredwell, James Anderson, James Faulkner

Butter isn't what you think he's. He has a pretty awesome record in domestic 40 over competitions. It's the situation that he's been sent in. He needs to come in before Bopara, to have that confidence of a batsman coming after him.

He's not a slogger like Yousuf Pathan, most of his shots in front of the wicket were all cricketing shots.

List A average of 54.37 with a SR of 123.97 is quite impressive. Loved his shots against the Kiwis, I think he should have been sent in after Trott's wicket.

Good start by England, Australia playing cautiously, maybe mentally drained after the warm up

Marsh is a better batsman than bowler.

These speed guns are wrong. Jimmy is bowling upto 90mph in this match. Don't think Riaz yesterday actually bowled those speeds.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Aussies one down for 17... Surely they can get more than 65 today...!!!!!!</p>— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelVaughan/status/343371413127847936">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a drama was gonna runout the next ball...

So what will be the home work for wattoo after this runout drama?

Great stuff so far by us. Could have had at least one more wicket too.

Everyone says England is a slow team but we were 54/0 at this stage whereas Australia is 35/1.

Watto is just an awful runner. We saw this in the last Ashes.

Bresnan picked over Finn despite Finn having a better average, don't understand the selection

Aus is going no where with their batting. You can't score 150 runs in last 10 overs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If I make runs tomorrow can I play next game ..</p>— Damien Martyn (@dmartyn30) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmartyn30/status/343382044652498945">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anybody noticed they crossed 65 today with only losing 2 wickets...

I think Aussies need to send Mitchel Johnson and Starc up the order.... a cameo from them can bring the required rate down

Aussies starting to accelerate. If this partnership can be a big one then Australia have a chance.

today is the first time i'm seeing england play in this red kit,

gotta say... by the end of match i might sue ecb for causing 3rd degree burns to my eyes

Partnership 43 runs .... these two need to stay on for another 7 - 10 overs here

So far Root proved to be a kid with some brain while Steven Smith seems to be another Aussie with no brai....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back