England v India | 6th ODI | The Oval | [5/9/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIB

Local Club Regular
Runs
England Team

AN Cook, MJ Prior, IR Bell, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood, OA Shah, LJ Wright, AD Mascarenhas, SCJ Broad, MS Panesar, JM Anderson

Indian Team

SR Tendulkar, SC Ganguly, RV Uthappa, G Gambhir, R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, AB Agarkar, RR Powar, Piyush Chawla, Z Khan

Flintoff and Karthick ruled out

Last edited:
0.2 Khan to Cook, OUT, gone! Nipped off the pitch, a hint of swing, an outside edge and Dhoni does the rest

nice to see Uthappa back in the team.He is a real talent. We should win this match

Prior too gone...

Both openers are back to pavillion

Last edited:
KP punishing Agarkar

5.2 Agarkar to Pietersen, FOUR!!

5.3 Agarkar to Pietersen, FOUR!!,

England: 47/2 (10.0 Ovs)

so far Bell scored 369 runs in this series

Last edited:
alexjohn_tcr said:
MIB, Dont u think they would have taken Pathan over Agarkar??
I think RP singh should be included against Agarkar.

If pathan performs in T20 he will be back in the regular squad for sure.

The main thing is that Indian bowlers have been better over all. They have swung it both ways and taken wickets with the new ball. Everytime they have created more chances (all dropped catches) than English bowlers who have been average with the naw ball.

Wow.......The big Wicket for India

KP Pietersen run out 53

KP run out. Mix up with Owais.

Shah saab owes us something now. He has to get a big one.

from cricinfo:

Replays showing Pietersen's demise now: how he didn't hear Shah's bark for "No" - they could have heard it at Lord's

32.4 Yuvraj to Wright, SIX!!, delivery looped up down the leg side, Wright goes down on his knees and slog sweeps it over deep mid wicket, high and handsome otvc, that has gone a long way!!!

English media already whinging about Collingwoods dismissal.

Didnt the same thing happen to KP after he was given out but was sent back by the Eng team who saw the replay on the screen earlier in the series? Rationale then was that 'the correct decision was eventually given'

Now because the big screen shows Collingwood OUT - even though the umpire didnt give him out initially, 'the correct decision was eventually given'

_44097726_colly203.jpg

Collingwood should remember that before he confronts the umpires again!

run flowing easily from Wrights bat.....

he is milking the Indian bowlers !!!

India lost all the earlier impact in the game....

just 2 runs in ZK last overl...

Last edited:
oh no..............Ajit Agarkar is back into the attack

another run out...

uthappa hits the stumps direct

44.2 Zaheer to Wright, THATS OUT!! Run Out!!

Last edited:
India suffering for playing just 2 seamers. Ganguly is being taken to the cleaners. Dravid has committed the blunder of not bowling Tendulkar.

O Shah* 86(81)... will he make ton? 4 more overs left..

so far Agarkar 8-0-63-1..

two more overs.. most probably he will finish with 93 runs consumed.

Who is going to bowl the 49th over? I would put my money on Tendulkar even though he hasn't bowled yet.

49.3 Yuvraj Singh to Mascarenhas, SIX
49.2 Yuvraj Singh to Mascarenhas, SIX

one more

49.4 Yuvraj to Mascarenhas, SIX!!, delivery looped up on the middle and leg, angling into the right hander, Mascarenhas makes room outside the leg stump and slogs it over deep mid wicket for the third six in a row!!! lovely shot!!! Yuvraj is clueless!!!

Mascarenhas with 5 sixes in the last over. first one Chawla ct but touch the boundry rope
Eng 316-6 after 50 overs

one more

49.5 Yuvraj to Mascarenhas, SIX!!, Yuvraj tosses it up on the middle and leg, holding its line on that occasion, Mascarenhas clears his frontfoot out of the way again and whacks it over long on for a biggie!!! meaty blow!!! Dravid asking too much from Yuvraj here

30 runs off the over!!

do or die for india...let's see if they come to the party

49.6 Yuvraj to Mascarenhas, SIX!!, full and straight on the stumps, Mascarenhas gives himself room and whacks it over the top, straight down the ground for another six!!! Ohh!!! My word, what a shot!!! this is like a box office opening!!! he is coming down on Yuvraj like a house on fire!!!

OMFG! WOW! Maca almost did a Gibbs there! 30 runs off the over!

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH

wait wait wait

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA @ YUVI

DO your bhangra now mate

top stuff from Mascar.... and Owais...

my boy get's his 100........

poor captaincy from dravid zaheer should have been left to bowl the last over

Great stuff from us in the last 20 overs there.

Congrats to Owais and Luke plus kudos to Dimitri for his beastly assault on Yuvraj Singh at the end. 316 is a brilliant total and it is going to take some getting for India.

These new players are polished to T20 and showing their capability in ODI's

The outfield and a pathetic bowling attack will support India,s chase. It would be a shame for Mascarenhas if he ends up again on the losing side as smacked 5 sixes in game 2 as well but still could,nt win it.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now this is justified hysterical laughter!!!!

This line was pretty funny

49.2 Yuvraj Singh to Mascarenhas, SIX, and he swings this over midwicket, high and handsome - but Piyush is lurking, and makes excellent ground to take a brilliant catch. However...such was his velocity that he slid into the boundary, and it's six! Tough luck.
They managed to take a catch but sadly it didnt count. How unfair!

Seems like a brilliant effort by the Poms at the death

I saw Owais's innings - it was a quality display of batting and he has finally repayed all I have said about him on PakPassion.. I have backed him right from the beginning. And an animalistic assault by Dimitri on Yuvraj.. it just looked like every ball was going for 6 after he hit the second 6. Beastly batting and to think, that he isn't in their T20 squad..

Yuvi please dont bowl in T20 worldcup...

then whom else??? zaheer not in T20squad...

Agarkar..Your end days in international circuit is not so far...

Easa said:
I saw Owais's innings - it was a quality display of batting and he has finally repayed all I have said about him on PakPassion.. I have backed him right from the beginning. And an animalistic assault by Dimitri on Yuvraj.. it just looked like every ball was going for 6 after he hit the second 6. Beastly batting and to think, that he isn't in their T20 squad..

It was a very good innings by Owais, even though he was out when he was in the 60s or so. But it's going to take more than one innings for him to have repaid any faith or belief. He needs to show more consistency.

Hash said:
It was a very good innings by Owais, even though he was out when he was in the 60s or so. But it's going to take more than one innings for him to have repaid any faith or belief. He needs to show more consistency.
now I'm happy that the umpire didn't give Shah out.. think if this Mascerinhas bat for 6-7 overs!! it would have probably been a disaster :D

ever since he scored that 60 odd against us in 2001 at Lords where tresco went onto make 130 odd before we won in the final over, ive been a big fan of Shah. Eng have been criminal not to play him..

Mascerinhas did well, but was helped along at the end by some dead bowling, India asked for it in the last 2 overs.

Ind 23-0 after 4 overs - need 294 more to win @ 6.39
Eng was 21-2

India has a good start. should be a good game
Ind 57-0 after 10 overs - need 260 to win @ 6.5

3 fours by Tendu in the over to reach his 83rd ODI 50
Ind 84-0 after 13 overs

I think we are going to lose this one.

If only we hadn't lost those quick wickets early on......could have been 330 or so instead of 316. But anyway, at least we get a 'final' on Saturday.

Matt Prior is the most annoying cricketer in the world, hands down. Constant rubbish all throughout the match, especially that"Get on iiiit"cry.

Tendulkars firing on all cylinders though.

Ind 100-0 after 14 overs - need 217 from 36 @ 6.02
Eng was 67-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back